PDA

View Full Version : Baxter would've been a great Arcade esque villian

PApagreg
10-18-2016, 01:51 PM
When re-watching Baxter's Gambit I noticed Baxter had great potential in creating traps and levels similar to the Marvel villain Arcade and I was thinking that this Baxter could've spend the series traping characters whether they be heroes or villains and put them in deadly mazes and maybe stream in it to black markets sites and make a quick buck

TMNTInsighter
10-18-2016, 02:27 PM
I don't know about that--nor much about the Arcade villain, but I do remember that Karai had to use his technology (brilliantly mind you) to set up her own trap (AKA "The Fourfold Trap"). That was a darker, albeit worse, version of "Baxter's Gambit"; and it was ironically the first time in a long time since we had seen the Mousers and it made Stockman relevant again at that point without him even having to be present.

Powder
10-18-2016, 03:56 PM
I dunno what you're talking about but there were definitely a lot of episodes with video-game like sequences that would've wonderfully translated to a playable format, Baxter's Gambit being at the top of that list.

Ninjinister
10-18-2016, 05:07 PM
I dunno what you're talking about but there were definitely a lot of episodes with video-game like sequences that would've wonderfully translated to a playable format, Baxter's Gambit being at the top of that list.

Arcade is a character (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Arcade_(Earth-616)), as he stated

Powder
10-18-2016, 08:09 PM
He didn't directly state that. For all I know 'Marvel villain Arcade' is the name of a video game. :trazz: I'm a noob- Marvel, DC, it's all foreign territory to me.

PApagreg
10-18-2016, 09:07 PM
He didn't directly state that. For all I know 'Marvel villain Arcade' is the name of a video game.

I doubt Marvel would take naming cues from rap groups, also how do I make it more direct I thought when I say Marvel villain I would be talking about a villain from Marvel

Powder
10-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Rap groups? Huh?

PApagreg
10-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Rap groups? Huh?

There is a rap group called "A Tribe Called Quest"

Powder
10-18-2016, 09:50 PM
I don't get it.

snake
10-18-2016, 10:46 PM
There is a rap group called "A Tribe Called Quest"

I don't get it.
Neither do I

Ninjinister
10-18-2016, 11:29 PM
He didn't directly state that. For all I know 'Marvel villain Arcade' is the name of a video game. :trazz: I'm a noob- Marvel, DC, it's all foreign territory to me.

Figured you'd at least have heard of the legendarily terrible video game Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge" (so I guess it's PART of a video game name) but honestly I didn't think Greg's sintax would've been confusing.

PApagreg
10-18-2016, 11:37 PM
I don't get it.

You thought "Marvel villian Arcade" was a title to a videogame and the joke is that its a similar naming to the rap group "A tribe called Quest"

Powder
10-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Figured you'd at least have heard of the legendarily terrible video game Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge" (so I guess it's PART of a video game name) but honestly I didn't think Greg's sintax would've been confusing.

Nah man, I can honestly say I haven't.

You thought "Marvel villian Arcade" was a title to a videogame and the joke is that its a similar naming to the rap group "A tribe called Quest"

I don't get it.

Cure
10-19-2016, 01:41 AM
It's a poor joke but just think of it as A Tribe Called: Quest and Marvel Villain: Arcade. Because Arcade is a Marvel villain.

Technogeek29
10-19-2016, 04:52 PM
@Powder

Don't feel too bad man, I am more into DC but my Marvel knowledge is good enough too. And Arcade isn't someone who is showcased enough to be worth mentioning.

Coola Yagami
10-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Baxter basically did just that with his Maze of DOOOOM!!!