PDA

View Full Version : IDW-based TMNT anime film

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-18-2016, 05:26 PM
In response to another thread on this board, let me ask a similar question;

What would everyone think of an ID-based anime film for ninja turtles?

Think of the great IDW TMNT rendered by a studio like Gainax or Toei, in a glorious action-packed anime style? And I don't just mean the origin, any story arc, from the krang war, to Cityfall, to secret history of the foot clan? It's a fun, yet serious universe, that I'd love to see done anime-style. Imagine the TMNT leading a squadron of Foot soldiers into battle, or a film on the pantheon or it's manipulations? the sky is the limit when playing in the IDW sandbox!

So anyone else agree? Disagree?

(And no, do not suggest merging this with tythe other anime movie thread; this is a very different question)

Andrew NDB
10-18-2016, 05:47 PM

Think of the great IDW TMNT rendered by a studio like Gainax or Toei, in a glorious action-packed anime style? And I don't just mean the origin, any story arc, from the krang war, to Cityfall, to secret history of the foot clan? It's a fun, yet serious universe, that I'd love to see done anime-style. Imagine the TMNT leading a squadron of Foot soldiers into battle, or a film on the pantheon or it's manipulations? the sky is the limit when playing in the IDW sandbox!

(And no, do not suggest merging this with tythe other anime movie thread; this is a very different question)

I wouldn't care about it either way but it wouldn't bother me that it's out there.

Sabacooza
10-18-2016, 05:51 PM

(And no, do not suggest merging this with tythe other anime movie thread; this is a very different question)Yes. This is something I'd really like to see happen.

Powder
10-18-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm sure everyone who likes IDW would be in favor of this, people have been asking for it since year one. :tlol:

PApagreg
10-18-2016, 09:27 PM
I like to see a film but I would't want it anime, maybe have Genndy or James Stokoe as the character designer

dragonside
10-22-2016, 11:40 PM
would love to see this.

However, i think in other threads, there was a suggestion for how these would go?

1) big budget animation film that would screen in theatres = pretty unlikely unless it is marketed well and gain support

2) Direct to blu ray/DVD = most likely due to the audience of these comics, generally older fans. I'd imagine it is similar to what DC is doing with their animated movies and I like that style.

3) TV broadcast movies/streaming = kind of like ... when Turtles Forever came out. OR tie in with the Nick cartoon ~ another dimension to introduce them FIRST? and then spin off. THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

CyberCubed
10-23-2016, 12:03 AM
What's this obsession with "anime style?" I feel like I'm in the early 2000's or something when anime was this "hip new thing" that all the cool kids watched.

If they're going to do animated IDW then do it in the same style of art as the current comics. No need to "anime" everything.

Jesus Christ, did I warp back to the year 2001 or something?

Candy Kappa
10-23-2016, 05:24 AM
What's this obsession with "anime style?" I feel like I'm in the early 2000's or something when anime was this "hip new thing" that all the cool kids watched

"Anime" is the cool buzzword, I guess.

PrincessUtrom
10-23-2016, 06:44 PM
If it was possible; I'd say it could be really cool; especially if inspired by the graphic style of mateus santolouco.

I wish they would avoid all the Anime in 3D (the background to the limit, but not the characters). not that the series of 2012 be ugly. 3D basics are really nice. but the fact is I guess time between modeling and the output of an episode is very short; so that the models are not more advanced with more textures deepens that we can do at this day. besides it costs a certain budget in addition to a young audience (which is often referred) and not necessarily patient.

But frankly, an Anime following the comic book IDW. Yeah, I'd be very curious to see this. **

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-23-2016, 06:51 PM
What's this obsession with "anime style?" I feel like I'm in the early 2000's or something when anime was this "hip new thing" that all the cool kids watched.

If they're going to do animated IDW then do it in the same style of art as the current comics. No need to "anime" everything.

If you did, maybe... nah, I can't make the joke. Somebody with a little less internet sense go ahead and make the joke for me, I'm keeping mum on it.

Coola Yagami
10-23-2016, 11:30 PM
I think the anime style would be awesome, but in the serious style. By serious I mean like Street Fighter The Animated Movie, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and so forth where the style stays very serious and detailed without all the anime sight gags.

I'm sure most of you saying no to the anime style think ALL anime is full of cartoonish chibi characters and huge sweatdrops and all that, but not all of them are like that. Nor does it have to be like the older TMNT anime when it where it was full of mechs and transformations. That one was literally turning the Turtles in a full blown anime series instead of just drawing them in anime style.

I really think a IDW based movie drawn in a cool anime style like the classic SF animated movie would be awesome.

PApagreg
10-23-2016, 11:37 PM
I think the anime style would be awesome, but in the serious style. By serious I mean like Street Fighter The Animated Movie, Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and so forth where the style stays very serious and detailed without all the anime sight gags.

I'm sure most of you saying no to the anime style think ALL anime is full of cartoonish chibi characters and huge sweatdrops and all that, but not all of them are like that. Nor does it have to be like the older TMNT anime when it where it was full of mechs and transformations. That one was literally turning the Turtles in a full blown anime series instead of just drawing them in anime style.

I really think a IDW based movie drawn in a cool anime style like the classic SF animated movie would be awesome.

I do understand that anime is a lot more diverse then people give it credit for but I am hoping for something a little more stylized, if I want to watch anime I'll go on to Gogoanime.tv and watch a crap ton of shows with anime styles. I prefer something a little more different you know.

Coola Yagami
10-24-2016, 03:36 PM
I just want to see the turtles drawn in an awesome style and not the bizzare angular style of the 2K3 and if anime is the way to go, so be it.

PApagreg
10-24-2016, 04:50 PM
I just want to see the turtles drawn in an awesome style and not the bizzare angular style of the 2K3 and if anime is the way to go, so be it.

How would you feel if they were Genndy Tartovasky or Motorcity styled.

Allio
10-24-2016, 04:59 PM
I knew what to expect when coming into this thread, but I was still disappointed.

PApagreg
10-24-2016, 05:16 PM
I knew what to expect when coming into this thread, but I was still disappointed.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/130EuTKemOwx6E/200_s.gif

ProactiveMan
10-24-2016, 07:44 PM

Nice rant; I like it.

As the kids would say: What even is 'anime' anymore?

Coola Yagami
10-24-2016, 11:04 PM
How would you feel if they were Genndy Tartovasky or Motorcity styled.

Like hell no. Like I said, I'don't rather see them drawn awesome and bad ass. Not like ****in Dexter and whatnot. Plus let's see some blood. I don't mean gallons of it spraying everywhere and limbs flying all over the place. I mean let's see some blood, like at all. Even if just a few drops or shredders blades stained in red or something.

PApagreg
10-25-2016, 02:34 PM
Like hell no. Like I said, I'don't rather see them drawn awesome and bad ass. Not like ****in Dexter and whatnot.

I was thinking more of Symbionic Titan or Samurai Jack