PDA

View Full Version : A bad experience with MyTeeFineStuff

mustafa
10-18-2016, 07:26 PM
I am not a frequent customer of MyTeeFineStuff, but I have used them a few times and had no problems...that is until now. I feel it is my duty to share my recent experience so that others are aware what may happen to them.

I ordered some loose figures off the site last week. My pacakage arrived last Thursday (Oct. 13), and I noticed there was a mistake. I ordered a Lieutenant Leo figure off the site, but instead I was sent a Lifeguard Leo figure.

I emailed Tom to let him know what happened. Within a few hours he responded apolagizing for the error, and said he would send out another package the next day. Now, on Monday (Oct. 17), my second package arrives and when I opened it...it was another Lifeguard Leo figure. I was shocked to not only see I was sent the wrong figure again, but that it was the exact same one I was sent the first time. So, I email Tom again, but this time, I ask him if I can send both the Lifeguard Leo figures back and get a refund for the Lieutenant Leo figure. I think most would agree with me that this is a reasonable request.

However, he has not responded to my email and I am concerned that he will just ignore my request. If I don't get a response by Friday, I am going to file a claim with PayPal. I paid for an item and I got something completely different than what I had paid for.

Everyone who has bought from MyTeeFineStuff should recognize from these pictures that the figures arrive in Hefty ziplock bags and that Tom writes in all caps with a black marker.

I just thought I would share my experience with everyone here. This post is not intended to drive away business. If you want to buy from this site, go ahead and do so. I just want to warn everyone what could possibly happen. As a result, I probably will never buy from that site again.

Sabacooza
10-18-2016, 07:56 PM
I had a similar problem when trying to buy real metal sais off of eBay. I was looking at the ones using stock images thinking that was the style they had. Big mistake. Turns out they were false advertising and using wrong stock image art to show what they had. I even asked one guy if what I saw is what I'd be getting and he said yes. Some people are dishonest pieces of sh!t.

Powder
10-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Some people are dishonest pieces of sh!t.

Or perhaps simply stressed & dyslexic, in this case? :tlol:

Tom's had a pretty good reputation otherwise.

Hopefully you get this resolved in the end.

Sabacooza
10-18-2016, 10:22 PM
Or perhaps simply stressed & dyslexic, in this case? :tlolIt didn't stop there. I went to Amazon thinking they'd get it right and they also got it wrong not once but twice. I gave up at that point because obviously, that style didn't exist yet they falsely advertise. I decided to only go with sellers that have actually taken pictures of the item they're selling.

go_ninja84
10-19-2016, 02:51 AM
I had a similar problem when trying to buy real metal sais off of eBay. I was looking at the ones using stock images thinking that was the style they had. Big mistake. Turns out they were false advertising and using wrong stock image art to show what they had. I even asked one guy if what I saw is what I'd be getting and he said yes. Some people are dishonest pieces of sh!t.
you have buyer protection using ebay/amazon and thats against the selling policies.

did you take action?

TheCanadiandrome
10-19-2016, 03:03 PM
well all i'll say is best of luck and hopefully you and Tom hash things out. I've never had a bad experience with him at all. maybe it's just because there's lots going on with him shutting down and what not, who knows, i'm certainly not making excuses for him at all

DVD
10-19-2016, 03:22 PM
I've had great experiences with Tom over the year. His service is the fastest foreign turnaround I have ever used.

In the case of the error. I think it is a coding problem.
When ordering from a data base, it is possible that the ID number for one item can be applied to another - it's just an input error.
If you expect a particular output from the ID , but got the same something else, twice, that should explain it.

I would suggest that you let Tom forward the figure you want, and you return the two you have. I think that would be fair.

mustafa
10-19-2016, 04:53 PM
I'd like to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved, and Tom is a real professional.

It turns out that Tom was out of town for a few days and that is why it took a while for him to respond.

I would like to retract a comment from my original post. I would certainly buy from him again.

IndigoErth
10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
In the case of the error. I think it is a coding problem.
When ordering from a data base, it is possible that the ID number for one item can be applied to another - it's just an input error.
If you expect a particular output from the ID , but got the same something else, twice, that should explain it.
That's what I was thinking too, that an item number he's using might be wrong because the same thing happening twice is odd. I hope he looks into that. Glad it's been resolved.

TheCanadiandrome
10-21-2016, 02:18 AM
I'd like to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved, and Tom is a real professional.

It turns out that Tom was out of town for a few days and that is why it took a while for him to respond.

I would like to retract a comment from my original post. I would certainly buy from him again.

Awesome bro, grats! :D