PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 2017 Annual?

ToTheNines
10-20-2016, 05:03 PM
I don't know if anyone else checked in on the solicit for the Ghostbusters Annual in the January peek, but there was a bullet point that read: "Part of IDW’s 2017 Annual Offensive!"

Turtles has to be a shoe in for such a thing, right? What kind of story does everyone expect? Eastman or nah?

ChosenOne
10-20-2016, 05:14 PM
No Eastman, please. The first two annuals were utterly forgettable.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-20-2016, 06:26 PM

This. Keep Eastman restricted to the role of "Idea Man", please.

How about a Paul Allor annual? He wrote "Mutanimals", the first Universe story arc, "Utrom Empire", and some other great stories.

No, wait. Let BOBBY write it. He hasn't actually written an issue yet!

Powder
10-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Burnham/Bates space romp please.

MikeandRaph87
10-20-2016, 07:07 PM

How about a Paul Allor annual? He wrote "Mutanimals", the first Universe story arc, "Utrom Empire", and some other great stories.

I second this! Let Bobby write a script for an annual! I asked him before and he said if he felt he would not take work from another talent sure. Shall we revive the campaign?

Redeemer
10-20-2016, 07:29 PM
burnham/bates space romp please.

battle nexus

Redeemer
10-20-2016, 07:30 PM
battle nexus!!!burnham/bates space romp please.

ChosenOne
10-20-2016, 07:31 PM
At this point, I'd be happy if every other regular talent on the book(s) except for Eastman were to literally place their names in a hat and trust the luck of the draw. Well, maybe two hats, one for the writer and one for the artist. They're all just that good.

oldmanwinters
10-20-2016, 07:41 PM
As of now, it's only 4 titles that will receive annuals, and TMNT is not among them. I guess it's possible IDW may decide to launch their "Annual Offensive" in waves throughout the year, however.
http://www.cbr.com/excl-idws-ghostbusters-rom-more-getting-annuals-in-january/

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-20-2016, 07:45 PM
As of now, it's only 4 titles that will receive annuals, and TMNT is not among them. I guess it's possible IDW may decide to launch their "Annual Offensive" in waves throughout the year, however.

Ah, oh well. We've got two ongoing series now, so that's more than enough. Besides, it would have probably been another Eastman special. :trazz:

ChosenOne
10-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Ugh... An Annual Offensive is one thing, but an offensive annual is something else entirely! :lol: :shifty:

myconius
10-21-2016, 05:44 AM
battle nexus!!!

i'm with you on this one 100%

battle nexus!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

and i wouldn't even be opposed to paying it bit more money for it if it were a bit longer than the usual annual either,
just so long as it actually WERE a proper Battle Nexus story and not just some battle arena that could have taken place in ANY ole fight pit!

but with all the plot seeding Idw Tmnt has been doing since #50 , i really hope we start seeing more from this plot line going forward!

ToTheNines
10-21-2016, 09:12 AM

Yeah, I feel like they wouldn't call it the 2017 Annual Offensive and then only limit it to one month.

We'll see.

ProphetofGanja
10-21-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't know if anyone else checked in on the solicit for the Ghostbusters Annual in the January peek, but there was a bullet point that read: "Part of IDW’s 2017 Annual Offensive!"

Turtles has to be a shoe in for such a thing, right? What kind of story does everyone expect? Eastman or nah?

If they really are doing the event over the course of the whole year, then yes I think it likely that the Turtles will get an annual at some point

Eh, forgettable would almost be better. I would rather forget the very off-tone feel of both annuals, they don't mesh well with the rest of IDW I feel

I would love an Allor annual! He's written most of my favorite mini-series. But you know IDW has always done well with choosing talent for mini-series, starting with the Secret History of the Foot Clan that Santolouco and Burnham did, everything has been great

Editor's Note Comics
10-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Looks like I'm the minority, but I like having Eastman doing the annuals. It's a break from the regular stuff and I just like the rare times when he does a full issue.

ToTheNines
10-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Looks like I'm the minority, but I like having Eastman doing the annuals. It's a break from the regular stuff and I just like the rare times when he does a full issue.

I kind of agree. I just really hated the 2014 one, so I feel like it's someone else's turn after... that.

2012 was cool though.

coreyrc87
10-21-2016, 07:14 PM
I'd like pretty much anyone who's worked on IDW TMNT (aside from Eastman), or to mix it up a bit, it'd be really cool see someone really unexpected (and honestly, super unlikely). Like maybe Scott Snyder, Mark Waid, or Brian K. Vaughan writing, and Dustin Nguyen, Cliff Chiang, Matteo Scalera, Jae Lee, Jorge Jimenez, Fiona Staples, or Chip Zdarsky penciling. Or maybe a small short story anthology, like the 30th Anniversary issue or the old Batman: Black & White books, except with all the stories being canon and fitting into the IDW timeline? I don't know, I keep changing my mind about what I think would be the most awesome as I type this post, lol.