PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You Want To Write A TMNT Annual?

MikeandRaph87
10-21-2016, 01:36 PM
The speculation of an annual out next year causes me to ask,who would you like to see write one for Ninja Turtles IF there is annual. So far we have received two annuals in 2012 and 2014 both written by Kevin Eastman. Other IDW writers aside from Tom Waltz who would you like to write a story for an annual?

Andrew NDB
10-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Brad Meltzer.

CyberCubed
10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Anyone aside from Eastman, honestly. ;)

IDW has a lot of talented writers, I'd be happy with any one of them writing an annual.

neatoman
10-21-2016, 02:27 PM
... Stan Lee

Sophie Campbell
10-21-2016, 03:18 PM
Me, obviously.

funatic
10-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Me, obviously.

Ha! Yea where's Sophie on the list?

I voted for Bobby as I think it would be cool to finally see him behind the pen. He's so involved with the property as it is that I'm sure he has some great story ideas. He's probably way too busy pulling all the editor strings but annuals (ironically) only seem to come but once every couple years, maybe there's time somewhere?

MikeandRaph87
10-21-2016, 04:34 PM
Ha! Yea where's Sophie on the list?

I voted for Bobby as I think it would be cool to finally see him behind the pen. He's so involved with the property as it is that I'm sure he has some great story ideas. He's probably way too busy pulling all the editor strings but annuals (ironically) only seem to come but once every couple years, maybe there's time somewhere?

I think of Campbell primarily for art. Not saying,cant write an awesome Ninja Rurtles story. That is what the 'Other' category is for. Tell me who I left off and why you want the person.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Anyone aside from Eastman, honestly. ;)

IDW has a lot of talented writers, I'd be happy with any one of them writing an annual.

I'm with Cubed on this one, but honestly, my vote is for Bobby. Everyone else has gotten a shot (and hopefully will get many more shots down the road), but I'm really curious to see Bobby take a crack at a story.

neatoman
10-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Me, obviously.

Would you also draw it or do you have someone else in mind?

Editor's Note Comics
10-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Brian Lynch. I'm a big fan of his writing and the work he didn't at the beginning of the series still had an impact on the issues that are coming out.

myconius
10-25-2016, 09:09 PM
any of the above.

i would just like another annual . . . . . period.

TonySiegel
10-27-2016, 09:54 PM
eastman and laird...

robert kirkman? alan moore? jonathan hickman?

thats all for now...

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-31-2016, 04:43 PM
Make it an TMNT/usagi team up, and have Stan Sakai write it! :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 04:56 PM

I'd get behind that!

myconius
11-01-2016, 06:05 PM
eastman and laird...

that would be SICK!! :D

can you imagine???

robert kirkman?

now that would be really cool if such a thing were actually possible?

that'd be awesome!! Stan Saki writing and Mateus Santolouco on art duties.

Powder
11-01-2016, 09:09 PM

An annual would definitely be the perfect place for an UY crossover, but I dunno that Stan could match the tone or voice of the turtles on his own, writing wise. He'd probably benefit from having someone like Erik Burnham helping out. That's by no mean a knock against his skills, mind you. He did just fine with the Mirage stuff, but things were different back then. There's a very different feel between these two universes.

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 10:38 AM
An annual would definitely be the perfect place for an UY crossover, but I dunno that Stan could match the tone or voice of the turtles on his own, writing wise. He'd probably benefit from having someone like Erik Burnham helping out. That's by no mean a knock against his skills, mind you. He did just fine with the Mirage stuff, but things were different back then. There's a very different feel between these two universes.

Eh, if Eastman and Tristan Jones can adapt to IDW's style, I think Stan can, too. Especially with Bobby overseeing the annual as an Editor.

PApagreg
11-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Someone mentioned Robert Kirkman so I'll parrot that but I also want to see John Laymon, Felipe Smith, Warren Ellis, Brian K Vaughn, and maybe Dan Slott

Powder
11-02-2016, 04:10 PM
Eh, if Eastman and Tristan Jones can adapt to IDW's style, I think Stan can, too. Especially with Bobby overseeing the annual as an Editor.

Everything they've contributed has read like a Mirage book & that is not merely my opinion but the general consensus.

CyberCubed
11-02-2016, 04:40 PM
Stan Sakai is also probably way too busy.

Venom
11-02-2016, 05:42 PM
I voted "other" because I'd like to see Tristan Jones play with the Turtles again.

myconius
11-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Stan Sakai is also probably way too busy.

i also get the feeling that he might not be interested :tcry:

Powder
11-02-2016, 09:02 PM
i also get the feeling that he might not be interested :tcry:

I could understand that, though.

I mean, would you house-sit your friend's dog if they gave it to a new family a few years ago? Sure, you may still have a fondness for the little guy, but you owe neither it nor its owners anything. :trazz: Past collaborations were all favors/fun projects with Pete. That's not a factor now, so he anything he does turtle wise post-2009, is graciously just for us long-time fans.

myconius
11-02-2016, 09:22 PM
I could understand that, though.

I mean, would you house-sit your friend's dog if they gave it to a new family a few years ago? Sure, you may still have a fondness for the little guy, but you owe neither it nor its owners anything. :trazz: Past collaborations were all favors/fun projects with Pete. That's not a factor now, so he anything he does turtle wise post-2009, is graciously just for us long-time fans.

^ exactly this! :thumbsup:

i mean it's a beautiful wish that would be amazing if the day ever came to be. :D

but much like the idea of Eastman & Laird ever writing another comic together again, i can't hold too much hope. :tcry:

Powder
11-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Well we already know he's given the OK on a Nick series appearance & subsequent action figure, so anything's possible.

If nothing else, maybe he'll do a variant cover some time. I dunno. Either way, Stan rules, Usagi rules.

myconius
11-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Well we already know he's given the OK on a Nick series appearance & subsequent action figure, so anything's possible.

If nothing else, maybe he'll do a variant cover some time. I dunno. Either way, Stan rules, Usagi rules.

i know i've swore to myself not to spend any more money on action figures,
but id they release a new Usagi figure . . . . :D

Powder
11-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Oh it's not a matter of "if" my friend, but "when"... :)

There was a Playmates conference room leak revealing all their upcoming waves of toys-

http://i66.tinypic.com/2yl5teg.png

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Everything they've contributed has read like a Mirage book & that is not merely my opinion but the general consensus.

True, but thier stuff has still been well recieved- Tristan's stuff moreso, I'll concede. Stan would do just fine.

myconius
11-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Oh it's not a matter of "if" my friend, but "when"... :)

There was a Playmates conference room leak revealing all their upcoming waves of toys-

http://i66.tinypic.com/2yl5teg.png

! ! ! ! ! ! @u@ ! ! ! ! ! !

(starts Snoopy Dance) ^__^

myconius
11-02-2016, 10:23 PM
i wonder if there's a comic property license for the Kurosawa 'Yojimbo' film?

can you imagine a Sanjuro meets Usagi Yojimbo cross-over??? :D

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f94b5fbd666e523d57ab09fb1336ebd9/tumblr_mpt2g183Lh1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

ok! now i'm just dreaming TOO big!!! :lol: