PDA

View Full Version : What is "the works"?

Ginrai
10-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Hello all,

long time fan, but new to posting on the boards.

I couldn't find any posts about this, so hopefully you all can fill me in.

What exactly are the hardcover comics referred to as The Works?

Are they different from the other IDW collected books of the original mirage stories?

Thanks!

funatic
10-24-2016, 04:47 PM
Hardback collections of IDW's Color Classics issues: colored versions of the core Eastman and Laird issues from Mirage volume 1. They're basically IDW's Ultimate Collections minus annotations from Eastman and Laird, plus color. You can find a thread comparing the two collections one page over, or click this link: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=55956

Ginrai
10-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks!

Already have the ultimate editions, so this information saves me some cash.

Was hoping they were the stories written by guest artists and writers.

funatic
10-24-2016, 09:08 PM
No problem! In the future you could direct quick questions like this to the "Ask a Question, Get an Answer" thread: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20844 It's one of a handful of threads "stickied" on the Comics section up top so it never gets buried in the archives.

RaphaelsIsolation
10-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Yeah they are cool for sure, they are more or less a marketing grab, they look awesome, but yeah they are just the Ultimate Collections with color, WITHOUT the annotations.

That's it.

ULT over the Works all day everyday

myconius
10-25-2016, 08:04 PM
plus i don't know if anyone else had this issue with their 'The Works' hardcovers?
but i notice the ink they use has a very strong scent to it.

pferreira
10-27-2016, 08:54 AM
Yeah they are cool for sure, they are more or less a marketing grab, they look awesome, but yeah they are just the Ultimate Collections with color, WITHOUT the annotations.

That's it.

ULT over the Works all day everydayI like The Works more but Ultimate Collections feature a lot of extras.