PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks we get Nostalgia Critic review of OOTS

Autbot_Benz
10-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Nostalgia Critic Black Nerd and AVGN are gonna review OOTS in two weeks its going to be glorious

http://i.imgur.com/v9etYxS.jpg

PApagreg
10-25-2016, 01:45 PM
So when you say 2 weeks do you mean on Vessel or on youtube

Autbot_Benz
10-25-2016, 01:48 PM
So when you say 2 weeks do you mean on Vessel or on youtube

2 weeks till on Vessel on the Channel Awesome site than It will be on Youtube either wednesday or Thursday.

CyberCubed
10-25-2016, 03:05 PM
I don't see a reason why they're reviewing this now 4 months later. Plus youtube people don't need any more attention

sdp
10-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Doesn't black nerd like everything? Not a fan of the nostalgia critic but I'll watch it for avgn.

FredWolfLeonardo
10-25-2016, 03:11 PM
If they did a remix of the OT theme song in the review of the first movie, I wonder what they'll do this time, We wish you a turtle Christmas? Go Ninja Go?

Autbot_Benz
10-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Doesn't black nerd like everything? Not a fan of the nostalgia critic but I'll watch it for avgn.

no Black Nerd doesn't like everything I have heard him be critical of some things you are thinking of Tigerclaw he likes everything :lol:

Galactus
10-25-2016, 06:19 PM
I don't know about Nostalgia Critic but James Rolfe in his review didn't seem to care too much about the movie, the impression he gave was that he found it pretty 'meh'.

Likewise Andre Meadows didn't seem really all that excited either during his review. It was generally positive in the sense that it gave all the Fred Wolf characters a showing but given how animated he usually is you couldn't help but get the impression he didn't care for it.

Kinda ironic that the two biggest cheerleaders for the 80s series and Andre especially being a big booster for embracing a goofy tone would come away from the movie that gives them everything they've asked for and then some with the attitude of "um it was okay...I guess". To be honest I don't think anyone cares enough about Out of the Shadows for the three of them to team up for a crossover. I mean the first reboot movie was at least somewhat commercially successful and got people talking even it was mostly negative but this movie I don't think anyone cares about to even parody.

Andrew NDB
10-25-2016, 07:45 PM
Maybe enough time has passed that their hard-ons for seeing Krang have deflated and they can actually tear it apart for the abortion it is. Or maybe Paramount's blu-ray sales of OotS needs a boost and who ya gonna call.

CyberCubed
10-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Am I the only one who thought nostalgia critic and angry videogame nerd were the same person? I mean they look almost exactly alike.

All these youtube celeb's, they literally popped up out of nowhere.

Coola Yagami
10-25-2016, 08:14 PM
They've been out for years Cubed....

As for them, idk why they had to bring Black Nerd into this but I know he had a part in the Nerd movie. I guess they're buds off camera.

As for why it took so long and why they're covering it, you know they always do some big skit or something. It's not just them sitting on a couch talking about it. I remember the last one compared it to the past movies and other forms of tmnt media

For this one I wouldn't be surprised if they did a skit where they act like the casuals do, overexcited that Bebop Rocksteady and Krang are in it, and then rip it a new one cause it sucks.

As for the crossover itself, people love seeing the Critic review crappy movies and tear them apart. People know Nerd is a big tmnt fan and the fans liked the first crossover so why not do it again. They fans will be watching it more for those 3 than the actual movie.

ZariusTwo
10-30-2016, 10:26 AM
idk why they had to bring Black Nerd into this

Andre was one of the biggest promoters of the PD movies the last few years

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Looking forward to this, always found their previous reviews funny. And it's good to see all the big nerd reviewer TMNT fans in one review, though I think Phelous should be there, too.

And as to the argument that OT elements being what made this film suck, I don't buy it. IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.

neatoman
10-30-2016, 12:09 PM
Looking forward to this, always found their previous reviews funny. And it's good to see all the big nerd reviewer TMNT fans in one review, though I think Phelous should be there, too.

And as to the argument that OT elements being what made this film suck, I don't buy it. IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.

Yeah, but again, IDW basically had to gut Krang's old characterisation in order to make him work. Platinum Dunes probably got too close to the FW Krang.

DarkFell
10-30-2016, 03:09 PM
I might give it a watch, although I have been looking towards the CinemaSins version that has yet to be found on YouTube.