PDA

View Full Version : Was 2016 one of the best years for gaming in recent memory?

CyberCubed
10-25-2016, 04:09 PM
I just can't believe the high quality of the titles this year:

- Uncharted 4
- Dark Souls III
- Ratchet and Clank
- Witcher III: Blood and Wine
- Doom
- Overwatch
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4
- Dishonored II
- The Last Guardian
- Battlefield 1
- Titanfall 2
- Gears of War 4
- Watch Dogs 2

On the Nintendo side it wasn't as good but some decent games:

- Paper Mario Color Splash
- Starfox Zero
- Twilight Princess HD
- Pokken
- Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Kirby Planet Robobot

Cure
10-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Five of those games haven't come out yet. Tomb Raider is a year old. Twilight Princess and Ratchet and Clank are remakes. Even then, no.

Powder
10-25-2016, 04:59 PM
I played some good SMW hacks, otherwise, nah.

TMNT_Guy
10-25-2016, 05:07 PM
To each his own, but their haven't been many games that interested me this year. I could count them all on one hand and still have fingers left.

Now 2017, that's looking like a great year for games...at least for me. So far we've got:

A Hat in Time
Sonic Mania
Yooka-Laylee
Crash Bandicoot Remastered
Sonic 2017
Possibly a 3D Mario that possibly plays more like Super Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.

PApagreg
10-25-2016, 05:16 PM
I haven't really brought a lot of games but I'm really satisfied with this year, I really enjoyed Doom and Dark Souls and I'm looking forward to Dishonored 2. Deus Ex was kinda disappointing though

CyberCubed
10-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Five of those games haven't come out yet. Tomb Raider is a year old. Twilight Princess and Ratchet and Clank are remakes. Even then, no.

Ratchet is a reimagining, its definitely not a 1:1 remake of the original PS2 Ratchet and Clank. The levels themselves, the story, and the guns are all totally different.

The first Ratchet on PS2 was also more of a platformer, that was really before they decided the series direction to be more of a shooter than a typical mascot platformer.

Ninjinister
10-25-2016, 11:07 PM
Yeah I'm gonna go with no.