PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Monster Turtles

Autbot_Benz
10-29-2016, 12:32 PM
Saw this posted on Twitter

http://i.imgur.com/SNmMT36.jpg

Sabacooza
10-29-2016, 12:43 PM
With all this artwork they have floating around, it's disappointing that they haven't put out an art book. I know I'm not the only one that would love to have that in my hands.

Autbot_Benz
10-29-2016, 12:44 PM
With all this artwork they have floating around, it's disappointing that they haven't put out an art book. I know I'm not the only one that would love to have that in my hands.

I am surprised or wondering if Playmates saw this artwork and is gonna make toys

Sabacooza
10-29-2016, 12:55 PM
Playmates had a display at one of this years toy fairs of all the toy lines they were doing. This was shown to be one of them. I wish I knew where the picture was.

Autbot_Benz
10-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Playmates had a display at one of this years toy fairs of all the toy lines they were doing. This was shown to be one of them. I wish I knew where the picture was.

you are right it was the one Greg Cipes showed I completely forgot. That is what happens when you stop caring about playmates.

Penst0ck
10-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Raph is wearing a T-Shirt tux! I'll keep note of that if I ever want to make a lazy Dracula costume to

plastroncafe
10-29-2016, 03:25 PM
I would LOVE an artbook.
I think the concept art is one of the strongest things the show has going for it.

PangolinFeets
10-29-2016, 06:08 PM
I love these designs. :D

oldmanwinters
10-29-2016, 07:01 PM

I second this motion!

Ninjinister
10-29-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm wondering why they didn't stick with the original Leo/Wolf Don/Drac Franken/Mike Raph/Mummy

I mean not that it matters... I just feel like it would've been a nice nod.

oldmanwinters
10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
I'm wondering why they didn't stick with the original Leo/Wolf Don/Drac Franken/Mike Raph/Mummy

I mean not that it matters... I just feel like it would've been a nice nod.

Yeah, they did stick with the vintage Playmates pattern when they did the Cave-Turtles/Dinosaurs tie-in.

However, it is possible Nick decided to change it up a bit so as not to run into legal trouble with Universal, since the original Playmates figures were officially licensed to promote the Universal Monsters heritage. Generic interpretation of Mummies, Werewolves, Dracula, and Frankenstein's Monster may all be public domain, but a direct homage might have been sufficient to catch a lawyer's attention.

That said, I was always jealous that Leonardo got my two favorite Universal Monster tie-ins, Wolfman and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. It got annoying because if I wanted to feature them both, I'd end up with a duplicate Turtle. Consequently, I thought Raphael got the worst monster amalgamations: Mummy (still looked cool though the rotting skin was disgusting) and "The Mutant" (looked awful).

wpugh2424
10-30-2016, 11:16 PM
Cool designs
Would def love to see these come to fruition

Unworthy tinker
10-30-2016, 11:51 PM
Seriously, I have sworn to not buy a Playmates figure unless they get their act together. But. I love stuff like monsters and stuff like that that you know what? If this will be a line, Playmates, just take my money! Only exception I'll ever make.

Fangriling aside, I thought of something. The artwork displayed in that picture Greg Cipes posted, the line is referred to as "Monster hunters". Isn't season five gonna have a Dracula/vampire themed episode? The concept art here does imply that it'll appear in the show (if it does in fact appear, I'm also thinking WTF at the same time). Could it be that this'll appear in season five (duh at this point)? Maybe they wear it to trick the vampire My sis took it a step further by pointing out that Raph's portion mentions hypnosis, and he may become an actual vampire. I don't think so, could just be some ex machina (whatever you call it) thing Splinter taught him, but that's some food for thought. Wouldn't be too surprising if he does though, given his treatment in since season three.

DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
11-01-2016, 11:25 AM
They should really put out ant artbook, they have sooo many great designs.