PDA

View Full Version : IDW General Discussion

Utrommaniac
10-30-2016, 05:45 AM
As far as I know, there isn't a general discussion thread for IDW, which there probably should be so not to clutter other threads.

It could also be a place for semi-random dissertation and analysis that doesn't really have a place anymore.

Such as, for a starting point...I found Burnow Island's location. I know people have asked about it somewhere and had only been given loose ideas of where it was from the writing team, but...
The GPS coordinates show up in Issue 57 here
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%206.18.42%20AM_zpsa6g6mbea.png
39.777935 x -60.880051

Which comes out around here
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%206.21.51%20AM_zpshxdmbjd1.png

Which...makes quite a lot of sense when I think about it. Just marginally south of New York, but farther Eastward, right in "Hurricane Town". That's 696.16 miles/1120.37 kilometers (or 604.95 nautical miles).
When looking that up, I found it was the exact time to fly from Changcha, China to Qingdao, China, and it takes and hour and 54 minutes. Maybe a little less time for Krang's private plane. So, it would be quite reasonable to knock someone out in New York, fly them to the island, and plop them in a bed with time to spare, as was done with Stockman. Depending on how fast the plan was going, that is. Not sure it would make sense for alligators to be out that far, unless they got there by accident or there was just a few really, really dedicated individuals that managed to swim there.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed that out, but I thought it was a good place to leap from in a general discussion thread.

Next time (but not really, maybe?), how big is Burnow Island actually, and what is in the map's legend?
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%206.42.16%20AM_zpsgg5z1h7z.png

ToTheNines
10-30-2016, 05:51 AM
Cool, good eye.

Random IDW bit from me: I just saw yesterday that there will be a Star Trek vs. Alien crossover between IDW and Darkhorse coming next year. One step closer to that Usagi crossover?

Utrommaniac
10-30-2016, 05:54 AM
Star Trek with Alien? That sounds like things could get...really, really ugly :lol: .

Maybe it would mean Usagi, at least in a special crossover of some kind like they did with Ghostbusters and Batman. I can't see how he could be squeezed into the main storyline. If the Nick Show is getting Usagi, then it's probably not far behind for IDW, since they're basically both owned by the same properties.

ToTheNines
10-30-2016, 06:26 AM
Right, I don't expect him in the ongoing either. A mini series would be ideal. The variant covers we'd get would be epic, especially if Sakai and Laird teamed up on one.

Ceres
10-30-2016, 08:10 AM
I thought the exact place was once mentioned somewhere in the Ask An Editor Thread lol. But its cool to have a thread for IDW itself. Makes sense in a way as you said.

And as it looks it is right in the bermudan triangle or at least close bye. Maybe yet another idea they could use for some extraterrestial story.

RaphaelsIsolation
10-30-2016, 09:27 AM
That looks like it is quite close to where the Titanic went down.

Redeemer
10-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Not sure it would make sense for alligators to be out that far, unless they got there by accident or there was just a few really, really dedicated individuals that managed to swim there.
Maybe he is a salt water crock :lol: Anyway this was a great idea for a thread and is long over-due
That looks like it is quite close to where the Titanic went down.

The Titanic went down a little North of England/Britian :P

Anyone else think IDW needs to create new villains to grow the TMNT Rogues gallery? I really like Old Hob, I am not sure how I feel about this New Villian from TMNT universe. I wish Alopex stayed a villain,:ohwell:

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Maybe he is a salt water crock :lol: Anyway this was a great idea for a thread and is long over-due

Anyone else think IDW needs to create new villains to grow the TMNT Rogues gallery? I really like Old Hob, I am not sure how I feel about this New Villian from TMNT universe. I wish Alopex stayed a villain,:ohwell:

I wouldn't. I'd actually love to see more villain revivals; Titanus, Dragonlord, Chien Kahn, Silver, Magligna and the hive, etc. Dig into the toybox more, before buying more new toys!

Utrommaniac
10-30-2016, 11:58 AM

He's an American Alligator. A wrongly colored American Alligator (they're usually black), but everything about his build says that's what he is. The shape of his head and snout, his bulk. A crocodile would be more slender in every way.

The Titanic wreckage is in the Labradore Sea, 370 miles south from Newfoundland. It was nowhere close to Britain at that point, especially because it was so close to the end of journey. It's right about at 41.726931° N -49.948253° W .
http://www.exploretitanic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Location-Of-Titanic.gif

So, the Titanic wreckage would be about 588.74 miles from Burnow. Probably too far for them to know what was going until after the event. In fact, Burnow is quite a lot closer to New York than the Titanic was when it sank.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%2012.09.21%20PM_zpsvmxbf8pv.png

Considering how Alopex was a cute little bad@$$ fox with a "Tragic Backstory™ right from the get-go, it seems like she was always meant to switch sides. Not to mention that because she's a cute little fox, she is extremely identifiable, especially considering the glut of fox characters that exist on the internet, including those similar to her. Which is honestly why I don't care much for her.
I'm not so sure she was ever truly a cold-cut villain in the same way as Hob, Shredder and Krang - who certainly does have something of a Tragic Backstory. And of course, she was never a villain who acted on her own. She was a crony, and I'm not so sure she could be an antagonist on her own.

I'd say the way her personal needs were written during that time were far different from Hob and Krang - who are both commandeering and having suffered losses that they would understand with Alopex. The difference is that when it comes from separation from family and home, she is more on Raphael's field of empathy than Hob and Krang. Hob who was actually a complete and total innocent when he was thrown out by his "family" (making his backstory the only mini I can't stand to read on an emotional level), and Krang, who could have had the power to stop what was happening on his homeworld but couldn't - and I've assumed that he has suffered mentally from separation of his own kind.
Imagine you're the last human, save for the ones you've managed to save who are in stasis; your own father could be called directly responsible for the destruction and was so bull-headed you couldn't convince him to stop for the sake of your home and people. You have to spend decades upon decades with another species who are basically ants to you and have far shorter lifespans. Which means that even if you did decide to make a friendship out of a total alien, it would be short lived. Besides, it wouldn't be the same. You'd be spending most of that time cooped up in a tiny box behind glass because you can't breathe the air in the potential new home. Which forces you to eat and sleep completely alone in specialized areas that the aliens can't come in because they can't breathe that air. And to rub salt in the wound, the ones who are your friends are basically in induced comas and kept alive in stasis. If any of them were lovers, that level of intimacy was denied. What little spare time you have is spent alone in their stasis room, the closest you can get for proper socialization. And with no one around that you see fit to talk you out of it, there's nothing to stop you from pulling the same level of destruction that your father pulled with the hopes that it would lead to saving your people.

Alopex was straight-up abducted and experimented on. Granted, Hob was as well, but he had at least been mutated beforehand and made his presence known to the humans. They'd probably get along marginally, but don't become friends. Because Alopex wouldn't agree with Hob's mentalities, and Alopex is basically a wild dog to Hob.

When it comes to recovery, Alopex and Hob were able to make friends and want to maintain relationships. Even if they had to literally make some of those friends like Hob did. Krang did not have that opportunity and knows better than to take any of those. He is not out to create new friendships, but to preserve and give a new life to those who are his friends, even if he has to suffer mentally. Friendships with humans and human-like beings would not last long enough for him; he had no equal. If circumstances were completely different, he could have had Honeycutt as an advisor at the very least, but that would never have happened in the set IDW universe as it is. But at the very least, Honeycutt might understand his situation more than others.

As for more villains...Ch'rell is coming and so are the Triceratons. Bobby Curnow has said the Triceratons would be some time in 2017. Ch'rell, who was probably very close to Krang given how Honeycutt and Ma'riell have described him so far. Krang's greatest warrior and so zealously devoted to him that his sister was more concerned about Ch'rells reaction to Krang's imprisonment than their combined war crimes? I'd say that's...very, very close.

neatoman
10-30-2016, 12:06 PM
So I'm not sure about the weather, but even if by some strange circumstance there's an alligator that far out, wouldn't it be too cold for them to survive?

Utrommaniac
10-30-2016, 12:22 PM
I was wondering about that myself. To put it in perspective with the Titanic sinking...it was so f***ing cold in the Labradore Sea on the night that the Titanic sank, with the night sky so clear of disruption and without a moon, that it literally made a mirage that caused icebergs to be obstructed from view. You simply could not see ice bergs, it was that cold.
But yeah, it would be extremely cold out there for a reptile, especially in the spring and winter. So there's no way for them to be there naturally.

However, on Burnow, none of the predators that would attack alligator nests would be there. It could be possible that before Krang came to Burnow, a European expedition ship came there with a bunch of alligators and other animals, and those managed to escape and breed. Because of scarcity of food and the cold, not all of them would thrive, but Leatherhead would have been one of the lucky survivors. He could have hibernated during the colder parts of the year. In some way, there was a silver lining to his mutation that could have made it easier for him to live, but it would be marginal.

And as it looks it is right in the bermudan triangle or at least close bye. Maybe yet another idea they could use for some extraterrestial story.
I just checked and Burnow is too far north from the Bermuda Triangle. It goes from Bermuda, to Miami, to Costa Rica.

As for the storm that came over Burnow, it was probably Tropical Storm Andrea.

neatoman
10-30-2016, 01:24 PM
Hm... Maybe the simplest explaination for why he's that far out and incorrectly colored, is that he wasn't really an American Alligator? He is older than modern biology after all, so he could easily be some undiscovered/extinct species/sub-species that evolved for salt water and colder weather?

Utrommaniac
10-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Maybe. A lighter color adaptation would help him in a colder environment, as dark colors can often be a death sentence in those climates.

Redeemer
10-30-2016, 02:44 PM
He's an American Alligator. A wrongly colored American Alligator (they're usually black), but everything about his build says that's what he is. The shape of his head and snout, his bulk. A crocodile would be more slender in every way.

The Titanic wreckage is in the Labradore Sea, 370 miles south from Newfoundland. It was nowhere close to Britain at that point, especially because it was so close to the end of journey. It's right about at 41.726931° N -49.948253° W .
http://www.exploretitanic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Location-Of-Titanic.gif

So, the Titanic wreckage would be about 588.74 miles from Burnow. Probably too far for them to know what was going until after the event. In fact, Burnow is quite a lot closer to New York than the Titanic was when it sank.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/Bat-Snake/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%2012.09.21%20PM_zpsvmxbf8pv.png

Considering how Alopex was a cute little bad@$$ fox with a "Tragic Backstory™ right from the get-go, it seems like she was always meant to switch sides. Not to mention that because she's a cute little fox, she is extremely identifiable, especially considering the glut of fox characters that exist on the internet, including those similar to her. Which is honestly why I don't care much for her.
I'm not so sure she was ever truly a cold-cut villain in the same way as Hob, Shredder and Krang - who certainly does have something of a Tragic Backstory. And of course, she was never a villain who acted on her own. She was a crony, and I'm not so sure she could be an antagonist on her own.

I'd say the way her personal needs were written during that time were far different from Hob and Krang - who are both commandeering and having suffered losses that they would understand with Alopex. The difference is that when it comes from separation from family and home, she is more on Raphael's field of empathy than Hob and Krang. Hob who was actually a complete and total innocent when he was thrown out by his "family" (making his backstory the only mini I can't stand to read on an emotional level), and Krang, who could have had the power to stop what was happening on his homeworld but couldn't - and I've assumed that he has suffered mentally from separation of his own kind.
Imagine you're the last human, save for the ones you've managed to save who are in stasis; your own father could be called directly responsible for the destruction and was so bull-headed you couldn't convince him to stop for the sake of your home and people. You have to spend decades upon decades with another species who are basically ants to you and have far shorter lifespans. Which means that even if you did decide to make a friendship out of a total alien, it would be short lived. Besides, it wouldn't be the same. You'd be spending most of that time cooped up in a tiny box behind glass because you can't breathe the air in the potential new home. Which forces you to eat and sleep completely alone in specialized areas that the aliens can't come in because they can't breathe that air. And to rub salt in the wound, the ones who are your friends are basically in induced comas and kept alive in stasis. If any of them were lovers, that level of intimacy was denied. What little spare time you have is spent alone in their stasis room, the closest you can get for proper socialization. And with no one around that you see fit to talk you out of it, there's nothing to stop you from pulling the same level of destruction that your father pulled with the hopes that it would lead to saving your people.

Alopex was straight-up abducted and experimented on. Granted, Hob was as well, but he had at least been mutated beforehand and made his presence known to the humans. They'd probably get along marginally, but don't become friends. Because Alopex wouldn't agree with Hob's mentalities, and Alopex is basically a wild dog to Hob.

When it comes to recovery, Alopex and Hob were able to make friends and want to maintain relationships. Even if they had to literally make some of those friends like Hob did. Krang did not have that opportunity and knows better than to take any of those. He is not out to create new friendships, but to preserve and give a new life to those who are his friends, even if he has to suffer mentally. Friendships with humans and human-like beings would not last long enough for him; he had no equal. If circumstances were completely different, he could have had Honeycutt as an advisor at the very least, but that would never have happened in the set IDW universe as it is. But at the very least, Honeycutt might understand his situation more than others.

As for more villains...Ch'rell is coming and so are the Triceratons. Bobby Curnow has said the Triceratons would be some time in 2017. Ch'rell, who was probably very close to Krang given how Honeycutt and Ma'riell have described him so far. Krang's greatest warrior and so zealously devoted to him that his sister was more concerned about Ch'rells reaction to Krang's imprisonment than their combined war crimes? I'd say that's...very, very close.

Lol thanks for correcting my ignorance with he Titanic. Also I know Leather Head is a alligator, but I threw out the idea of salt water crock, bc he lived in salt water in this universe.

My favorite scene for Alopex is just Before/Beginning City Fall when Alopex is training to fight the turtles. She looked badass and scary.

MikeandRaph87
10-30-2016, 07:45 PM
Is Agent Bishop after mutants to create super soldiers for an army to protect Earth from aliens or something different this time?

I am also curious if Earth Protection Force and Dark Water are selarate branches of the executive branch like the CIA and DBI who have to work together at times.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Is Agent Bishop after mutants to create super soldiers for an army to protect Earth from aliens or something different this time?

I am also curious if Earth Protection Force and Dark Water are selarate branches of the executive branch like the CIA and DBI who have to work together at times.

Considering Blackwater's role in the OT, they might take on the 'good cop' role for government, with Bishop and the EPF taking the 'bad cop' role. I think the EPF is focused on mutants this time, with bishop not being obsessed with aliens in IDW, but rather mutants. This would give him a more personal hate for the TMNT.

Utrommaniac
11-03-2016, 12:08 AM
I would think that in the case of the Universe set, the mutants were the first ones he could deal with at the time - and he probably assumed they'd be easier than the aliens he was watching. If he has a problem with both, then it's likely he's just trying to get them where he can take them. He's also likely figured out that the aliens are responsible for the mutants in one way or another.

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 08:37 PM
So how do you guys feel about the aftermath of the original villains after post issue 50? Both Shredder and Krang are gone for now, but everyone else has made a further appearance:

- Baxter is in Universe and is probably going to wind up working for Bishop like he did in the 2k3 cartoon

- Bebop/Rocksteady had a crazy time travel story with Renet where they almost destroyed the universe

- Hun is working for Hob and supplying him with guns/ammo, he was last seen knocked out cold by Slash

- Hob himself has gotten the Mutanimals under his control and is preparing for a turf war.

- Karai, Bludgeon and Koya all went to Japan. We haven't seen them in a while though.

- Traag and Granitor were on Burnow Island and defeated by the Turtles, they're locked up somewhere there.

- Rat King, Kitsune, etc. are all still scheming behind the scenes.

I really like how even with Shredder and Krang gone for now, all the original villains from the first 50 issues are still being given things to do and a follow up without the two "main villains."

Utrommaniac
11-07-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm not sure about Tragg and Granitor being "locked up", especially with how beaten up they were by Leatherhead. My guess is they were just dumped in a room somewhere for the Utroms to find...which may have not been the best thing for them. They probably did finally get their air at some point.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-07-2016, 08:14 AM
I'm not sure about Tragg and Granitor being "locked up", especially with how beaten up they were by Leatherhead. My guess is they were just dumped in a room somewhere for the Utroms to find...which may have not been the best thing for them. They probably did finally get their air at some point.

I firmly predict that when we next return to Burnow Island, Tragg and Granitor have been accepted by the Utroms due to their previous allegiance to Krang and are now serving as security.

neatoman
11-07-2016, 10:03 AM
So another science type question, how does Pepperoni and Anchovy breathe a modern atmosphere? The composition of the atmosphere was different millions of years ago, so a creature from that time period would in theory have trouble breathing in the current atmosphere, to say nothing of beings from our time going there as well.

This is one of those nitpicky questions I always have with time travel, but nobody else seems to... Also with Jurassic Park but I guess genetic engineering is the solution there.

Utrommaniac
11-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Looking it up, modern air would be too thin for dinosaurs, even if they're small ones like Pepperoni and Anchovy. They would have had five times more CO2 than currently.

It is kind of funny to look at, considering all the fuss Krang made just to make the oxygen thinner for Utroms, when two dinosaurs are surviving just fine in air that's technically unsuitable for them.

CyberCubed
11-07-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm pretty glad the current Darius/Street Phantoms arc is coming to a close for now, as its essentially been brewing since issue #51 which means we've going through this for quite a while.

I really hope Bishop has the next major arc in the ongoing, in the Universe arc he's mostly a secondary character as most of the focus is on Zodi or the action with the soldiers themselves. I want to see Bishop himself explored, see if he has all those sweet moves as a fighter, learn his backstory and see more of the EPF and Darpa.

Either get on with Bishop launching an attack on Burnow Island against the Utroms, or show Bishop go after Old Hob and the Mutanimals, either way one of these two arcs is likely next.

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Either get on with Bishop launching an attack on Burnow Island against the Utroms, or show Bishop go after Old Hob and the Mutanimals, either way one of these two arcs is likely next.

I've got a feeling the Universe issue with Leatherhead will have something to do with this.

Raptor86
11-10-2016, 07:48 AM
So another science type question, how does Pepperoni and Anchovy breathe a modern atmosphere? The composition of the atmosphere was different millions of years ago, so a creature from that time period would in theory have trouble breathing in the current atmosphere, to say nothing of beings from our time going there as well.

This is one of those nitpicky questions I always have with time travel, but nobody else seems to... Also with Jurassic Park but I guess genetic engineering is the solution there.

If I recall correctly dinosaurs in jurassic park (the novel) had also problem in breathing, just like when you go in high altitude places, but they eventually get used to it with time.

And Terranova tackled the issue similarly, as the humans in the 80 MYA world, first use a breathing device, and then, after some time, they can breath normally as their body adapts to the different atmosphere

Utrommaniac
12-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Here's something I've noticed:

Donatello never actually battled Krang. Rapahel fought him once, and Leonardo and Michelangelo fought him in both encounters. I especially found it interesting that Donatello has barely interacted with him, in spite of being the only turtle fully invested in stopping him from terraforming Earth.

And I sometimes wonder what this would mean down the road. Since Donatello would be the one interacting with the Utroms the most because of Honeycutt, and with them being the next best teachers of technology he coudl get, it might mean that he might be the one talking to Krang in prison and really one-on-one with him.

Also, just for fun, I put the coordinates of Burnow in Wolfram Alpha (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=39.777935+N+-60.880051+E) to see what goes on with its weather.
As of right now (11:45 pm for me posting this), it's 1:34 am, and 45 F/5 C. It's also overcast.

Utrommaniac
02-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Bumping for something I've realized that's best discussed here:

How are the Triceratons, as a civilization, born? My present assumption is that the Utroms 'grew' them to be born full size and made restrictions to keep them from breeding with one another ala Jurassic Park, but with all male specimens instead of all females, and they kept the information for the process a Top Secret. Of course, they probably did get a hold of the secret during the rebellion, which aided them.

So...would they carry on as they had before, or would they attempt some revisions so they can have females, or at the very least be able to reproduce among themselves without assistance? Or, given how they're Great Conquerors, would see raising children as a waste of time and carry on as the Utroms had? Or maybe they'd even go for something in the middle like Logan's Run. Children are born through artificial means and they're raised by a special class of workers while the rest of the adults are military officials.
Though with a tiny minority of naysayers against the idea of artificial life, arguing that it might be better for their civilization to begin life as the rest of the universe does and to have family units, and expanded paths of careers. Their ending argument being "How do you think the Utroms were so successful?!", and refuting with their allies in the rebellion - namely the Neutrinos.

I guess they could be called the Eggheads or something :lol: .

DestronMirage22
05-11-2017, 04:22 PM
I just finished reading the 2014 Annual for the 1st time. It wasn't all that good. Kinda boring to read through. Eastman's art is classic and all, but these days a full issue drawn by him doesn't feel all that special, especially with how much his style has changed. Not to mention the fact that his style isn't really a good fit for this series.
Interesting introduction for Renet, but having read Turtles in Time long before this I was kinda expecting more out of her first meeting with these turtles. Seeing Lord Simultaneous and the Battle Nexus return was neat. A main problem I have with this issue is that new guy. Renet's boyfriend or whatever. What was the point of adding him to the story? He didn't contribute much more than some exposition and some of his dialogue is just a chore to read through. He hasn't appeared since so I doubt we'll get anything out of his character.
Overall a decent issue. I would've been more ok with this issue and it's faults if I didn't have to pay full cover price for it three years later. :tgrumble:

Utrommaniac
05-11-2017, 04:42 PM
I had actually put it out of my mind that Renet had a boyfriend.

But oh boy, between Utrom Empire and this...what happened to Zog???
What happened to the smart, eloquent rebellion leader for him to be reduced to "Zog smash!"? And Bobby did say it was the same Zog too.

DestronMirage22
05-11-2017, 04:56 PM
I had actually put it out of my mind that Renet had a boyfriend.

I can imagine why. He wasn't exactly the best of characters. :lol:

But oh boy, between Utrom Empire and this...what happened to Zog???
What happened to the smart, eloquent rebellion leader for him to be reduced to "Zog smash!"? And Bobby did say it was the same Zog too.

I'm curious about it as well. His intelligence deteriorated immensely. But until we get an absolute answer, my head-canon is that the same thing that happened to Return to New York Zog happened to IDW Zog. Lack of a breathable atmosphere and with no way to return home drove Zog to essentially a mindless beast.

Utrommaniac
05-11-2017, 05:13 PM
That probably would make sense. Especially since Utrominion is a low-oxygen planet from my guess, and that's what he was "grown" to be acclimated to (again, we don't really know how Triceratons are born).
So the deterioration would be coming from an overexposure to oxygen than a lack of it.

Andrew NDB
05-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Yeah, Zog isn't known for his high intelligence. He's known for being a barely functioning soldier suffering brain damage from the different atmosphere after being marooned.

Utrommaniac
05-11-2017, 05:29 PM
I did realize that the 2014 Annual was made before Utrom Empire, so Zog's character probably wasn't completely together yet. But he's still a long shadow of what we got in the mini. This is the guy who brought the rebellion against the Utrom Empire to its home base and smashed it to the ground - and the guy who gave Krang a chance to attempt cleaning things up a little bit.

Though, they don't exactly say why the Triceratons were part of the rebellion, nor how long they had been in existence before they got sick of working for the Utroms. Especially with the very guy who came up with them still being alive.
(I'll be disappointed if Churk doesn't have extreme guilt over that). I have a lot of questions regarding the Rebellion as a whole, but it's all a fog of mystery.

Speaking of that, I find it extremely laughable that the Utroms were surprised that Zog escaped from prison. Yes, the thousand-pound super warrior broke out of a prison cell built to contain 10-ish pound prisoners :lol: . Could have ripped those bars apart like butter anytime he wanted...

AlZarkovski
05-24-2017, 07:41 AM
From Sophie twitter: :o

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAkVjxeXYAAswp8.jpg

MikeandRaph87
05-24-2017, 07:51 AM
It could be a blink and you miss it type thing like Wingnut and Screwloose were. It also could be just fan drawings like Campbell did before ever being assigned TMNT at IDW. It does look nice,but I need official word on how they are going to fit since we already have an awesome Slash and what has been sadi about Tokka as a response to that.

neatoman
05-24-2017, 07:53 AM
From Sophie twitter: :o

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAkVjxeXYAAswp8.jpg

Did she confirm they'll be in a book or is it just a drawing she did for fun?

ProphetofGanja
05-24-2017, 08:08 AM
I feel like if the images were debuted on twitter with no fanfare it almost guarantees that Sophie was just watching or reminiscing about the old TMNT movie. I don't know where Tokka and Rahzar would fit in any upcoming story by Sophie, since she's doing Karai's Path and that features a new human and creature character and I don't know if she has any IDW work lined up after that.

But who knows, maybe we'll be surprised

AlZarkovski
05-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Did she confirm they'll be in a book or is it just a drawing she did for fun?

Official IDW Twitter made repost of this picture. So, I think it's official.

AlZarkovski
05-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Inside Out Director's Cut

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61%2BaGy7J0QL.jpg

Collecting TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and artist extraordinaire Bill Sienkiewicz's five-part story from TMNT Universe Volume One, now with a ton of new behind-the-scenes features.

"Inside Out" may be the title of the story, but it's also how you're seeing the art. Get inside the creative process between two of the biggest names in comics with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Inside Out Director's Cut. Witness the transition from script to art with Eastman's layouts and design notes. This is a rare opportunity to see two masters of the medium collaborate, and the director's cut gives you VIP access.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Directors/dp/1684052165/ref=sr_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496087153&sr=1-12&keywords=ninja+turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection Volume 6

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qrwfa%2Bc1L.jpg

Old Hob, Slash, and their crew have become a force to be reckoned with, and, when someone close to the group is kidnapped, the Mutanimals end up on an adventure more wild and dangerous than they could ever have imagined. Then, the Turtles return from Burnow Island to find unimaginable tragedy. As the family struggles to cope, an enraged Foot Clan prepares its revenge. Meanwhile, Casey prepares for a final showdown with Hun as the Purple Dragons run amok, and April has come into possession of an ancient scroll that seems to point to answers regarding the Pantheon. It all leads to a final showdown as Karai decrees a Gauntlet battle between Splinter and Shredder.

Collects the Mutanimals mini-series, issues #45-50 of the ongoing series, the 2015 Free Comic Book Day issue, and the Casey & April mini-series.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collection/dp/1684051304/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496087153&sr=1-1&keywords=ninja+turtles

Ninjinister
05-29-2017, 01:56 PM
Why does the book say "Insdie"? o.O

Utrommaniac
05-29-2017, 01:57 PM
And there it is. The Graphic Design flubs I was warned about in class :lol: .

Who's responsible for this?

CyberCubed
05-29-2017, 02:24 PM
Well the hardcover collections collect everything up to the end of issue 50 already. Man, they caught up fast even if this one doesn't come out till early 2018.

Now the hardcovers only have to collect from issue #51 to present, including the Bebop/Rocksteady mini, Universe so far, and Dimension X.

ToTheNines
05-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Definitely buying the Inside Out directors cut. I've recently been thinking about buying the Universe TPBs so as to have the back up shorts all told as whole stories, so hopefully they keep these coming.

TurtleWA
05-29-2017, 04:26 PM
That would be great to eventually have some IDW masterworks volumes released that collected more issues in a single volume. Like a big ol' omnibus with a sewn binding. I think if IDW keeps up the pace we will have 16 volumes collecting up to issue #100.

I am not complaining because that is awesome to have 16 HC volumes, means you have been successful. I even have some ordered and on the way. But would love to have the option of perhaps seven larger (but not to large) volumes rather than 16. I think this is far down the road though.

myconius
06-01-2017, 09:21 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection Volume 6

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qrwfa%2Bc1L.jpg

Old Hob, Slash, and their crew have become a force to be reckoned with, and, when someone close to the group is kidnapped, the Mutanimals end up on an adventure more wild and dangerous than they could ever have imagined. Then, the Turtles return from Burnow Island to find unimaginable tragedy. As the family struggles to cope, an enraged Foot Clan prepares its revenge. Meanwhile, Casey prepares for a final showdown with Hun as the Purple Dragons run amok, and April has come into possession of an ancient scroll that seems to point to answers regarding the Pantheon. It all leads to a final showdown as Karai decrees a Gauntlet battle between Splinter and Shredder.

Collects the Mutanimals mini-series, issues #45-50 of the ongoing series, the 2015 Free Comic Book Day issue, and the Casey & April mini-series.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Collection/dp/1684051304/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1496087153&sr=1-1&keywords=ninja+turtles

very awesome! i've been waiting for this to finally be announced!

so i'm thinking Vol. 7 might possibly be feature Michelangelo on the cover?

ProphetofGanja
06-01-2017, 10:53 AM
very awesome! i've been waiting for this to finally be announced!

so i'm thinking Vol. 7 might possibly be feature Michelangelo on the cover?

So what are the cover thus far again?

All I can recall off the top of my head is that Raphael was on Vol. 1

myconius
06-01-2017, 10:59 AM

i have them here-

Raphael
Splinter
Leonardo
Donatello

and the cover with April should be shipping soon

TurtleWA
06-01-2017, 11:01 AM

I think something like this..
Raphael Vol.1
Splinter Vol.2
Leonardo Vol.3
Donatello Vol.4
April Vol.5
Shredder Vol.6
Michelangelo Vol. 7?

Is it just me or does the spine for Vol 6 pic above look very similar to Vol 4 spine?

ProphetofGanja
06-01-2017, 11:32 AM
These hardcovers collect approximately 15 issues right?

So Vol. 7 will likely collect the main-ongoing stories Order from Chaos (5 issues), Leatherhead (3), Fox Hunt (2), Chasing Phantoms (4) and the Christmas Special

Then I'd guess Vol. 8 would have TMNT:B&RDE (5), TMNTU The War to Come (4), TMNTU Leatherhead & Old Hob (1), and then maybe the Desperate Measures arc (4) from the main series and the TMNTU Wyrm issue? Not sure how'd they'd want to divide up the issues that came out around then

(I'm looking at the IDW Chronology (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_Chronology) to see the likely divisions)

TurtleWA
06-01-2017, 11:57 AM

So Vol. 7 will likely collect the main-ongoing stories Order from Chaos (5 issues), Leatherhead (3), Fox Hunt (2), Chasing Phantoms (4) and the Christmas Special

Then I'd guess Vol. 8 would have TMNT:B&RDE (5), TMNTU The War to Come (4), TMNTU Leatherhead & Old Hob (1), and then maybe the Desperate Measures arc (4) from the main series and the TMNTU Wyrm issue? Not sure how'd they'd want to divide up the issues that came out around then

(I'm looking at the IDW Chronology (http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/IDW_Chronology) to see the likely divisions)

It gets a little confusing for me thinking that far ahead with vol 8, but still fun to consider. I would be okay if B&RDE got left out and TMNTU 7&8 got put in. But then it's looking like a TMNTU collection, which already exists with two volumes. Also what about the recent FCBD issue? I guess it's best to save that issue for when the mini is collected?

So vol 5 will have the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover. I like that idea. Haven't had a chance to read it yet. :tsmile:

myconius
06-01-2017, 12:13 PM
i'm very curious how they'll fit in the stories from Tmnt: Universe into the IDW Collection.

i can't see them leaving those out for a separate set of collected HC books, since 'the war to come' directly ties into the scene with Bishop and Darkwater in issue #65.

ProphetofGanja
06-01-2017, 12:33 PM
It gets a little confusing for me thinking that far ahead with vol 8, but still fun to consider. I would be okay if B&RDE got left out and TMNTU 7&8 got put in. But then it's looking like a TMNTU collection, which already exists with two volumes. Also what about the recent FCBD issue? I guess it's best to save that issue for when the mini is collected?

Yeah, this is a bit of putting the cart before the horse, but I plan on replacing all my TPBs with the hardcovers so I'm very curious where the breaks between issues will be

So vol 5 will have the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover. I like that idea. Haven't had a chance to read it yet. :tsmile:

Ooooh, I'm excited for you! Have you read any of IDW's Ghostbusters? It's not necessary for the crossover, but its a pretty good series if you're into the franchise

i'm very curious how they'll fit in the stories from Tmnt: Universe into the IDW Collection.

i can't see them leaving those out for a separate set of collected HC books, since 'the war to come' directly ties into the scene with Bishop and Darkwater in issue #65.

Yeah exactly. TMNTU should fit in with the hardcovers since the stories are so intertwined. They really are a great complement to the main ongoing

ToTheNines
06-01-2017, 12:36 PM

Hopefully the Christmas issue isn't in Volume 7. Pepperoni and Agent Bishop's roles are small, but still make more sense after B&RDE and Universe 1-4.

Maybe they could put some shorts there to fill it out? "Inside Out" comes out to be 20 pages, so that would work.

myconius
06-01-2017, 12:38 PM
Yeah exactly. TMNTU should fit in with the hardcovers since the stories are so intertwined. They really are a great complement to the main ongoing

if and when they get up to the Tmnt:Universe stories, i'm very curious to see how they fit in with the regular Ongoing series.

ProphetofGanja
06-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Hopefully the Christmas issue isn't in Volume 7. Pepperoni and Agent Bishop's roles are small, but still make more sense after B&RDE and Universe 1-4.

Maybe they could put some shorts there to fill it out? "Inside Out" comes out to be 20 pages, so that would work.

Ah, now there's a thought, a pretty good one too. I didn't like the idea of skipping TMNT:B&RDE and TMNTU The War to Come just because of space limitations, but the back-up would probably fit nicely.

TurtleWA
06-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Yeah, this is a bit of putting the cart before the horse, but I plan on replacing all my TPBs with the hardcovers so I'm very curious where the breaks between issues will be

Ooooh, I'm excited for you! Have you read any of IDW's Ghostbusters? It's not necessary for the crossover, but its a pretty good series if you're into the franchise

Makes sense to be curious especially when wanting to replace your tpb collection. Nope, never read any Ghostbusters comics. I was only saying if IDW had to cut something I prefer B&RDE cut over TMNTU. But I think IDW can figure it out eventually so everything gets a reprint in HC format. Which is great for us fans. HC are just so cool when done well.

myconius
06-01-2017, 02:16 PM
if anything they might just have to not be so rigid with the 15 issues per HC book.
they just have to adjust the price accordingly depending on how many issues were contained.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Ah, now there's a thought, a pretty good one too. I didn't like the idea of skipping TMNT:B&RDE and TMNTU The War to Come just because of space limitations, but the back-up would probably fit nicely.

Yeah, the Christmas issue is meant to be read right before TMNTU #5 anyways (which is actually titled "Urban Legends", not "Old Hob and Leatherhead". One of several errors I'm seeing on that wiki timeline).

It might end up getting kinda crazy with all the backups and what not, but I'm sure they'll end up in a decent reading order.

myconius
06-02-2017, 05:49 AM
Yeah, the Christmas issue is meant to be read right before TMNTU #5 anyways (which is actually titled "Urban Legends", not "Old Hob and Leatherhead". One of several errors I'm seeing on that wiki timeline).

that's the problem with a wiki page, you never know what kind of looney bird is editing it.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 06:14 AM
that's the problem with a wiki page, you never know what kind of looney bird is editing it.

I used to be big into the editing the wiki because other fandoms have such large comprehensive ones, but I quit after some idiot kept insisting the turtles all had Italian middle names and would just undo everything we edited of his.

Some places even have stubborn, ignorant administrators. Makes it even more frustrating.

Tardigrade
06-02-2017, 06:24 AM
If I remember correctly, someone in an other thread said that if you look at the number of pages instead of the number of issues, it would make sense to include BRDE in volume 7 (issue 51 to 64 + BRDE). Volume 7 would then be about 390 pages while volume 1 and 6 are both about 380 pages.

Story wise it would also make sense for volume 8 who could include a lot of Bishop arc; starting with TMNTU 1-4, #65 (Christmas), TMNTU #5 (Urban legends) and including Desperate measure. (TMNT #65 to 70 and TMNTU #1 to 8 or 10).

And it would perfectly respect the reading order.

myconius
06-02-2017, 06:57 AM
I used to be big into the editing the wiki because other fandoms have such large comprehensive ones, but I quit after some idiot kept insisting the turtles all had Italian middle names and would just undo everything we edited of his.

Some places even have stubborn, ignorant administrators. Makes it even more frustrating.

i had a very similar experience on Wiki as well.
someone kept editing a page as per their own personal 'wish-list' instead of being accurate.
every time i'd fix it they'd just re-edit it back to their wish-list. they even tried to ban me from the page.

i figured just let ignorant idiots be what they're going to be.

unfortunately the world is at no shortage of stubborn and ignorant people.

myconius
06-02-2017, 07:08 AM
i'm wondering if it might be a good reading order to place inside 'Inside Out' in front of Issue#66?

in issue #66 Raph mentions Leonardo teaching the Turtles the art of having their spirit astral project out of their bodies.

not 100%, but i think the first time we've see this was in issue #44 where Splinter goes to catch Donatello's spirit before it enters the afterlife?

it also looked like Splinter was doing something similar in issue #50, when he was exploring both his and Oroku Saki's past to find a clue of how to defeat him.

it'll be interesting to see how the writers further use this concept.
i'm guessing it'll come heavily into play going into the Pantheon storyline.

ProphetofGanja
06-02-2017, 08:31 AM

It might end up getting kinda crazy with all the backups and what not, but I'm sure they'll end up in a decent reading order.

Oh wow really?? I missed seeing the proper title for TMNTU #5, I like it though. Way better than the "Old Hob and Leatherhead" placeholder I eventually just stuck on that timeline :lol: I'm a stickler for knowing the titles of all the story arcs usually

someone kept editing a page as per their own personal 'wish-list' instead of being accurate.
every time i'd fix it they'd just re-edit it back to their wish-list. they even tried to ban me from the page.

Man, what? Wiki admins can be the f**king worst. I was banned from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia wiki because I kept correcting broken English and turning direct quotes that were not in quotations into paraphrases because they didn't even need to be directly quoted. So stupid and frustrating.

As far as Turtlepedia goes, I just stick to a very tiny corner and mainly just create pages for the IDW story arcs. The actual issue # wiki pages seemed to be overly obsessed with the meaningless minutiae of comic book collecting rather than the actual content like characters, plot development, story progression, etc. To each their own I guess though

myconius
06-02-2017, 09:43 AM
Man, what? Wiki admins can be the f**king worst. I was banned from the Always Sunny in Philadelphia wiki because I kept correcting broken English and turning direct quotes that were not in quotations into paraphrases because they didn't even need to be directly quoted. So stupid and frustrating.

are you serious? banned for correcting broken english.
that site is really a double edged sword.
at times it can be a very good source of information, but many times it's just a haven for knuckleheads.

As far as Turtlepedia goes, I just stick to a very tiny corner and mainly just create pages for the IDW story arcs. The actual issue # wiki pages seemed to be overly obsessed with the meaningless minutiae of comic book collecting rather than the actual content like characters, plot development, story progression, etc. To each their own I guess though

that's really sad. what's the point of even buying a comic unless you are going to invest in the characters and story.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 10:06 AM

Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.

i'm wondering if it might be a good reading order to place inside 'Inside Out' in front of Issue#66?

in issue #66 Raph mentions Leonardo teaching the Turtles the art of having their spirit astral project out of their bodies.

That's a good catch on the connection, but since astral projection wouldn't be something learned overnight, I like having some space between the two stories.

Oh wow really?? I missed seeing the proper title for TMNTU #5, I like it though. Way better than the "Old Hob and Leatherhead" placeholder I eventually just stuck on that timeline :lol: I'm a stickler for knowing the titles of all the story arcs usually

Yeah, they quietly snuck it into the TPB. I also noticed the other day that TMNT/Ghostbusters #3 now has two different titles between the TPB and the deluxe hardcover.

TPB version is "Showdown in Chinatown" and deluxe version is "Just in Casey".

Ha, wow. I got banned from the Young Justice wiki for trying to change Black Beetle's species to Reach alien after his face was revealed. I contacted the guy and he said "Well Superman looks human, but he's not".

Yeah, I'm all into the details, but sometimes they go overboard.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Man, I should have been keeping up with this thread. We finally stopped discussing Utrommaniac's stuff? I missed some good talk. :trazz:

myconius
06-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Man, I should have been keeping up with this thread. We finally stopped discussing Utrommaniac's stuff? I missed some good talk. :trazz:

come on in! the water's fine! :D

myconius
06-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Ha, nice. The final straw with the TMNT wiki was not being allowed to fix the Shredder Clones page, they insist on calling them the Shredder Elite based on a goof Dan Berger made over a decade ago.

That's a good catch on the connection, but since astral projection wouldn't be something learned overnight, I like having some space between the two stories.

WOW! there's a HUGE difference between Shredder Elite versus the Shredder Clones!! what a bunch of clowns!

as far as the astral projection, i was thinking it might not be as much chronological, but more thematic.
sort of how they placed the 2012 Annual right before 'City Fall', when chronologically the Annual fits better right after issue #14.

sometimes there's SO much going on, it hard to keep track of it all.
like reading Tmnt/Ghostbusters before reading 'Attack on the Technodrome' really takes me out of the mood that is built up in 'New Mutant Order'.

ProphetofGanja
06-02-2017, 10:39 AM

Anything IDW-related, I'm down to discuss

If I remember correctly, someone in an other thread said that if you look at the number of pages instead of the number of issues, it would make sense to include BRDE in volume 7 (issue 51 to 64 + BRDE). Volume 7 would then be about 390 pages while volume 1 and 6 are both about 380 pages.

Story wise it would also make sense for volume 8 who could include a lot of Bishop arc; starting with TMNTU 1-4, #65 (Christmas), TMNTU #5 (Urban legends) and including Desperate measure. (TMNT #65 to 70 and TMNTU #1 to 8 or 10).

And it would perfectly respect the reading order.

Hmm now that's interesting. If that is how they divvy things up, I can totally see Bishop making the cover of Vol. 8

TurtleWA
06-02-2017, 10:56 AM
Anything IDW-related, I'm down to discuss

Hmm now that's interesting. If that is how they divvy things up, I can totally see Bishop making the cover of Vol. 8

I wonder how long IDW will stay with the single character covers. So far you have very recognizable characters on the fronts of the books. Do you keep branching out to other characters or start using group shots (B&R, all four turtles together) of the super recognizable/marketable figures.That would be wild if B&R got the cover for Vol 7 and Michelangelo got bumped. Mikey needs a cover already.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 11:10 AM
I wonder how long IDW will stay with the single character covers. So far you have very recognizable characters on the fronts of the books. Do you keep branching out to other characters or start using group shots (B&R, all four turtles together) of the super recognizable/marketable figures.That would be wild if B&R got the cover for Vol 7 and Michelangelo got bumped. Mikey needs a cover already.

Certainly interesting to think about. I guess we're gonna end up with about 15 of these things if the series runs to #100.

Still need Mikey, Hob, B&R, Karai, Casey, Alopex, Slash, Krang, and Kitsune. I think they have enough characters to keep keep them mostly individual portraits.

Andrew NDB
06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
I'm not being snarky, just an honest question: has IDW created any brand-new villains (not derived from pre-existing ones) that aren't mutants of any kind?

TurtleWA
06-02-2017, 11:24 AM
Certainly interesting to think about. I guess we're gonna end up with about 15 of these things if the series runs to #100.

Still need Mikey, Hob, B&R, Karai, Casey, Alopex, Slash, Krang, and Kitsune. I think they have enough characters to keep keep them mostly individual portraits.

True, that would takeum right up to 15. Would like to see Hob on a cover sooner than later. Is that a random order or the way you hope covers happen?

CyberCubed
06-02-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm not being snarky, just an honest question: has IDW created any brand-new villains (not derived from pre-existing ones) that aren't mutants of any kind?

Well just recently they introduced an alien bounty hunter by the name of "Hakk-R" who was in the free comic book day issue. He'll also be in the Dimension X mini.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 11:31 AM

Just Harold, when he was a bad guy for 5 pages lol. Plus the entire Savate gang.

Other than that, don't think so. Unless you count Jennika, Blake Anders, Dr. Miller, or Kitsune.

True, that would takeum right up to 15. Would like to see Hob on a cover sooner than later. Is that a random order or the way you hope covers happen?

I started with Mikey, because I assume he's #7, then Hob because I want him the most. The rest was random.

Although whatever collects #100 should probably have Kitsune. If not the entire pantheon.

ProphetofGanja
06-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Kitsune and the rest of the Pantheon

ProphetofGanja
06-02-2017, 11:38 AM

It is interesting that since the hardcovers collect so many issues, it can be pretty hard to pick one character who features the most out of the included issues in any volume.

Mikey is a good candidate for Vol. 7 and Bishop for Vol. 8. Maybe Karai will feature on whatever volume collects the Karai's Path story, especially if she appears in the ongoing in the same batch. Krang will probably feature on the volume that includes his trial. Some of the characters will have to wait a while til they get a decent amount of spotlight again, like Casey, B&R, Slash, and some others

neatoman
06-02-2017, 11:51 AM

Kitsune
Chi-You
Toad Baron
The Savate
Hakk-R (presumably)
Jenny (for a few issues at least)
Nieli

IDW generally avoids creating new characters though. When it comes to older characters it's not that hard.

Andrew NDB
06-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Kitsune and the rest of the Pantheon

Aren't they all some form of metahumans, though?

neatoman
06-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Aren't they all some form of metahumans, though?

Deities, actually.

CyberCubed
06-02-2017, 12:08 PM
IDW does have some human enemies but they're usually killed off quickly, like The Savate, the Asian gang in the Bebop/Rocksteady mini, there was Lupo and his men who worked for Dunn but they were all defeated by Casey's Purple Dragons.

I guess you can count Dr. Shelvin who works with Bishop, or even Winter/Knight since they're only loosely based on their old incarnations. Assuming Winter doesn't ever turn into a giant bug.

Erik Burnham
06-02-2017, 12:35 PM
Yeah, they quietly snuck it into the TPB. I also noticed the other day that TMNT/Ghostbusters #3 now has two different titles between the TPB and the deluxe hardcover.

TPB version is "Showdown in Chinatown" and deluxe version is "Just in Casey".

It was a joke I didn't think Bobby would like, so I didn't use it as a title in the comic itself (and... simply FORGOT to put one in!)

When the HC came around, I'd been signing copies of #3 with that and found out Bobby didn't mind.

...So we changed it. Not really trying to be sneaky. (:

Ninjinister
06-02-2017, 02:38 PM

WOW! there's a HUGE difference between Shredder Elite versus the Shredder Clones!! what a bunch of clowns!

Way to be adults, guys.

There was no evidence that they were clones of Shredder, for one; in fact, Saki specifically said that they were other subjects used to test the waters.

And second, I'm still trying to figure out how you assume Berger made a mistake. Did you write to him and confirm? The reason I went with "Shredder Elite" is because it's the only canon name given to them for the Mirage version (between the official site and later, the Heroclix descriptions).

I don't understand how the heck you can be so salty and hold a grudge over something like this.

Official word will always trump everything else.

ToTheNines
06-02-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry man, it was like 5 years ago... forgot it was you. Didn't mean to offend.

I'm not holding a grudge, but the conversation switched to wiki frustrations, and I was reminded of this debate.

I think Berger effed up because he also refers to what you call "The Foot Elite" as "Shredder's Elite Guard" and a few variations. And he callls them that way more than he uses "Foot Elite". At least that's what I'm seeing.

Also... *digs up old thread* http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=34228

I know it's not empirical evidence on the matter, but FWIW, 20 people here agreed with me and only 2 agreed with you.

myconius
06-05-2017, 09:37 PM
i am truly sorry if i offended you Ninjinister.

please accept my humble apology.

myconius
06-08-2017, 06:16 AM
trying to read through the IDW ongoing Tmnt comic series just by itself without any of the companion comics is such a far less engaging experience.

my most recent read-through i though i could just run through it faster if i just skipped the micro series.
it just wasn't nearly as enjoyable, so after finishing City Fall i went back to re-read the hero and villain micros.

i knew enough not to try skipping secret history of the foot clan after issue 20.

that one is far too critical to the story to even consider not reading.

Mormegil
06-09-2017, 07:19 AM
trying to read through the IDW ongoing Tmnt comic series just by itself without any of the companion comics is such a far less engaging experience.

my most recent read-through i though i could just run through it faster if i just skipped the micro series.
it just wasn't nearly as enjoyable, so after finishing City Fall i went back to re-read the hero and villain micros.

i knew enough not to try skipping secret history of the foot clan after issue 20.

that one is far too critical to the story to even consider not reading.

It always baffled me to see how the ongoing series always sold more than the micro series. If you're buying them to read then you really need both. I guess people didn't realize they were missing key parts of the story.

myconius
06-09-2017, 09:51 AM
It always baffled me to see how the ongoing series always sold more than the micro series. If you're buying them to read then you really need both. I guess people didn't realize they were missing key parts of the story.

VERY baffling indeed!!!
i can understand some people's apprehension to buy an add-on/supplemental comic. but it's not like they are unnecessary or forced just for the sake of a cash grab.
they've all been integral to building the world and better fleshing out the character motivations. especially when it comes to supporting cast within each Micro-series.
take Splinter's Micro-series for instance. we get to spend a bit of time with Tang Shen and learn a bit about her as a character as well.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
06-09-2017, 09:59 AM
I would assume a lot of it is just not knowing that the mini-series and micro-series existed.

Also Marvel/DC fatigue, where it is (rightly) assumed that all of the crossovers, mini-series, and one-shots are all forgettable and cheap cash grabs.

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 10:39 AM

I would assume a lot of it is just not knowing that the mini-series and micro-series existed.

Also Marvel/DC fatigue, where it is (rightly) assumed that all of the crossovers, mini-series, and one-shots are all forgettable and cheap cash grabs.

Yeah not realizing things are getting released and need preorder/added to pull lists.
As well as maybe having a strict budget and amount of books to buy every month of regular various ongoing series to follow. Say 12 books every month. If all 12 decided to add additional books thats 24 more.
Some folks have to draw the line and stick with the 12 no matter what. And then catch up in the collected editions as extra funds and time allow.

myconius
06-09-2017, 02:56 PM

at the time when the IDW Micro-series were first coming out, i had no idea and the LCS i was shopping at then was pretty oblivious to them as well.
eventually i just told them-
"add ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Ninja Turtles that happens to come out!!"
this is how Tmnt: Amazing Adventures was added to my pull-list :lol:
(but oddly they failed to get me the Shredder micro-series!!! :x )

but i definitely agree about Marvel/DC fatigue.
it's bad enough when the cross-overs and one-shots are just crappy cash-grabs,
but when their main titles begin to stink as well then it really gets frustrating!!

myconius
06-09-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah not realizing things are getting released and need preorder/added to pull lists.
As well as maybe having a strict budget and amount of books to buy every month of regular various ongoing series to follow. Say 12 books every month. If all 12 decided to add additional books thats 24 more.
Some folks have to draw the line and stick with the 12 no matter what. And then catch up in the collected editions as extra funds and time allow.

that's a great thing about this forum, i've been clued in on so many new series/hardcovers/etc....

that's funny about the 12 title limit...
i myself used to have a 3 or 4 comic limit, broke that rule after the new 52 started and was getting 30+ titles for a few months till i just couldn't stand it anymore.
my list just dropped and dropped till i decided to give up on the big two.
now i'm happily back around to my 3 or 4 comic limit. :)

neatoman
06-09-2017, 03:25 PM

Yeah, Marvel/DC don't tend to handle that sort of thing with grace... Shame too, considering how rich their character galleries are.

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 03:42 PM
that's a great thing about this forum, i've been clued in on so many new series/hardcovers/etc....

that's funny about the 12 title limit...
i myself used to have a 3 or 4 comic limit, broke that rule after the new 52 started and was getting 30+ titles for a few months till i just couldn't stand it anymore.
my list just dropped and dropped till i decided to give up on the big two.
now i'm happily back around to my 3 or 4 comic limit. :)

August will have something like seven TMNT books. Plus any other titles people read. It's going to be a month full of reading. Folks may have to skip issues if they stick to strict monthly buying limits. I purchase sporadically (like yourself, sometimes many, sometimes just a few) so the 12 was a random number I pulled out the air. Perhaps I should put myself on a more routine limit. After August of course. :lol:

Sometimes I wish publishers had production caps (cough marvel) of allowed titles. I feel like I'm missing out on good stories, but their is just way too much of a selection it's difficult to pick and choose.

myconius
06-09-2017, 04:29 PM
August will have something like seven TMNT books. Plus any other titles people read. It's going to be a month full of reading. Folks may have to skip issues if they stick to strict monthly buying limits. I purchase sporadically (like yourself, sometimes many, sometimes just a few) so the 12 was a random number I pulled out the air. Perhaps I should put myself on a more routine limit. After August of course. :lol:

Sometimes I wish publishers had production caps (cough marvel) of allowed titles. I feel like I'm missing out on good stories, but their is just way too much of a selection it's difficult to pick and choose.

i'm with you 100% on this!
i don't really have a specific number limit of comics i buy per month, but i try my best to just stick with buying quality worthwhile reads.

back when i was buying every single Batman (and related) comic there were some real stickers on my pull-list!!!! (Batman:Eternal, Batman&Robin Eternal, Batgirl of Burnside)
it got to the point where i was really starting to hate collecting comics. well everything except for the Tmnt comics as well as Samurai (by Titan Comics).

the DC and Marvel stuff i was interested in, i decided to start trade waiting.
by the time many of the trades i was waiting for came out, i found myself no longer interested. :lol:

yeah! August is gonna be AWESOME!!! :D

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone notice the Christmas tree at the end of #5? It has four bulbs on it and each is representing the color of one of the turtle bandanas. However, Mikey's is yellow and not orange. Maybe it's just my version? What's up with this?

myconius
06-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Anyone notice the Christmas tree at the end of #5? It has four bulbs on it and each is representing the color of one of the turtle bandanas. However, Mikey's is yellow and not orange. Maybe it's just my version? What's up with this?

my copy it looks about the same color as Mikey's mask in the arcade game

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/07/48/c50748c2bb76f03640cc56d367aa7539.jpg

neatoman
06-09-2017, 05:03 PM

It's yellow in a digital copy I found and yellow in my trade (though possibly an orange-ish shade). So I think it might be intentional, just so you won't think there's two red ones.

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 05:19 PM
It's yellow in a digital copy I found and yellow in my trade (though possibly an orange-ish shade). So I think it might be intentional, just so you won't think there's two red ones.

Looks to be intentional red,blue,&purple. So unless an oversight, I think it ought to be orange. Right? Could be my eyes but I think it looks straight up yellow. Oh well, just wondering if anyone else ever noticed this. I suppose one yellow was better than two red was the thought. Never thought of it that way. Thanks :tgrin:

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 05:52 PM
my copy it looks about the same color as Mikey's mask in the arcade game

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c5/07/48/c50748c2bb76f03640cc56d367aa7539.jpg

Yeah I suppose it's a little similar to that. It caught my eye as being off because it was not the same as the bandana Mikey had just received from Splinter. I suppose I'm ready to let it go. :lol:

myconius
06-09-2017, 06:51 PM
looks to be a more orange yellow.

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 09:33 PM
looks to be a more orange yellow.

Quick photo of what I was talking about. Mikey's orange bandana on the right, yellow bulb to the left. Hopefully it's viewable. Slight head tilt may be required.

Utrommaniac
06-09-2017, 09:42 PM
It actually does look orange to me. Just a pale orange. But more still not quite yellow.

myconius
06-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Quick photo of what I was talking about. Mikey's orange bandana on the right, yellow bulb to the left. Hopefully it's viewable. Slight head tilt may be required.

i had to study color temperature change in art school, as well as variations of hues and pigments.

it definitely does not look pure yellow to me

https://www.ledr.com/colours/yellow.jpg

it's more warm. like an orange yellow hue.

http://www.colorcombos.com/images/colors/FFCC00.png

not an exact orange yellow. but definitely a more warm yellow than a cool yellow.

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 09:47 PM
You know it very well could just be me. Just thought I would make an observation. I am really loving getting back into this series. I look forward to reading any TMNT I can daily. Does Splinters tail in the photo look like a tentacle at all to anyone? Also when Splinter hugged Raph after being reunited was a very touching moment, loved it. :)

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 09:48 PM
i had to study color temperature change in art school, as well as variations of hues and pigments.

it definitely does not look pure yellow to me

https://www.ledr.com/colours/yellow.jpg

it's more warm. like an orange yellow hue.

http://www.colorcombos.com/images/colors/FFCC00.png

Yeah, like a orange with yellow undertone.

myconius
06-09-2017, 09:51 PM
it's all just individual perception really. :)

yeah that reunion scene at the end of change is constant was a really nice moment in the series.

same like when April was reunited with Splinter at the end of issue 12. :)

myconius
06-09-2017, 09:57 PM
this makes for an interesting read-

skim through the Hob micro-series reading only the flashback scenes,
then right after read 'Change is Constant'.

gives a nice added layer to the story. :)

TurtleWA
06-09-2017, 11:06 PM
this makes for an interesting read-

skim through the Hob micro-series reading only the flashback scenes,
then right after read 'Change is Constant'.

gives a nice added layer to the story. :)

I did something somewhat similar to that. I started off my current TMNT binge with all the villains micros and then went into reading the first twelve IDW issues. I was also intertwining the first seven Mirage issues. I would not recommend doing that.

It's like having two TVs on at once. One playing your favorite movie from back in the day and the other playing one of your current most favorite movies. Like if you tried watching Jurassic park on a TV right next to another TV playing Jurassic World.

Utrommaniac
06-09-2017, 11:29 PM
So one thing I've been thinking about is...why didn't Krang try to terraform Mars?

It would have been a lot easier when you think about it. Certainly easier to add oxygen there than to reduce it on Earth, if that's what he'd need to do. He wouldn't even need the Technodrome. The biggest thing he'd need is something to melt the ice caps and stuff to grow oxygenating plants. Damage would be minimal, he probably wouldn't need to chase Honeycutt around - heck, Honeycutt would probably be far more willing to work with Krang from that perspective. He really wouldn't be hurting/killing anyone and would basically be reviving a hibernating planet.

He'd basically just a small base, some scientists, and the stuff above. And most important: A list of ways to taunt humanity for terraforming Mars first.
Heck, the Technodrome could very well have been the Martian homebase for the Utroms, pressurized for them to handle the atmosphere that would have been too thin for them (and they already breathe some pretty thin air as it is)

And on an imperial scale, it probably would have been better for him to lay low anyway. He'd basically disappear with the other Utroms, who probably wouldn't even need to be put into stasis if most of them were going to Mars with him.
It's probably because Utroms know Earth pretty well, as they've been studying it for ages, and we need a story. But there's probably be a way to weasel in that element.Like, maybe he still had (Utrom?) scientists on Earth working for him on the Martian Terraforming project, from where the mutating Ooze was developed.

Most of all, it would give him a chance to truly be better than his father, which seems to be the crux of his character.

Eh. Maybe I'll work with this in my own TMNT take...somehow.

myconius
06-10-2017, 05:46 AM
So one thing I've been thinking about is...why didn't Krang try to terraform Mars?

It would have been a lot easier when you think about it. Certainly easier to add oxygen there than to reduce it on Earth, if that's what he'd need to do. He wouldn't even need the Technodrome. The biggest thing he'd need is something to melt the ice caps and stuff to grow oxygenating plants. Damage would be minimal, he probably wouldn't need to chase Honeycutt around - heck, Honeycutt would probably be far more willing to work with Krang from that perspective. He really wouldn't be hurting/killing anyone and would basically be reviving a hibernating planet.

He'd basically just a small base, some scientists, and the stuff above. And most important: A list of ways to taunt humanity for terraforming Mars first.
Heck, the Technodrome could very well have been the Martian homebase for the Utroms, pressurized for them to handle the atmosphere that would have been too thin for them (and they already breathe some pretty thin air as it is)

And on an imperial scale, it probably would have been better for him to lay low anyway. He'd basically disappear with the other Utroms, who probably wouldn't even need to be put into stasis if most of them were going to Mars with him.
It's probably because Utroms know Earth pretty well, as they've been studying it for ages, and we need a story. But there's probably be a way to weasel in that element.Like, maybe he still had (Utrom?) scientists on Earth working for him on the Martian Terraforming project, from where the mutating Ooze was developed.

Most of all, it would give him a chance to truly be better than his father, which seems to be the crux of his character.

Eh. Maybe I'll work with this in my own TMNT take...somehow.

that thing about Krang given the chance to be better than his father-

when all is said and done, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

my guess on why he chose Earth is that Krang is greedy and wanted the use of Earth's resources and technology.
he'd also save himself years from having to build new architecture on Mars.

plus him and his people would also have access to TiVo, video games and carnival rides.

these are all just my guesses though :)

Utrommaniac
06-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Another thing I just realized:

Ma'riell take on the senior-most role of the Utroms before she knows Ch'rell was still in stasis. So why did she do it, assuming Ch'rell had been brought out? Clearly, Montuoro seems to think Ch'rell would be in charge, so...what's the deal?

Surely the Chief Science Advisor wouldn't be more powerful than a Colonel? Or maybe it is? Could it be Ch'rell being the elder sibling and being close to Krang that made Montuoro assume he'd be more senior?

neatoman
06-12-2017, 11:40 AM
Another thing I just realized:

Ma'riell take on the senior-most role of the Utroms before she knows Ch'rell was still in stasis. So why did she do it, assuming Ch'rell had been brought out? Clearly, Montuoro seems to think Ch'rell would be in charge, so...what's the deal?

Surely the Chief Science Advisor wouldn't be more powerful than a Colonel? Or maybe it is? Could it be Ch'rell being the elder sibling and being close to Krang that made Montuoro assume he'd be more senior?

Pretty easy to explain, in the abscence of the senior officer the next one in line takes charge until they can consult the senior officer. Basically being POWs and him remaining in stasis, she has to take charge.

Utrommaniac
06-12-2017, 02:16 PM
But she didn't know he was still in stasis until later. Montuoro even butted into her taking command as if he thought he were in stasis too.

neatoman
06-12-2017, 02:51 PM
But she didn't know he was still in stasis until later. Montuoro even butted into her taking command as if he thought he were in stasis too.

Yes, I know. What if I phrase it like this instead:

Let's say your spouse is in charge of the household, they have an emergency and can't contact you. Naturally you assume they will come back eventually and just happens to be late, what do you do in the mean time?

A. Let the kids do whatever until your spouse comes home?
B. Take responsibility until your spouse comes home?

Same thing here, are they really going to wait indefinitely for their commander or is better to assume responsibility for a brief moment?

Utrommaniac
06-12-2017, 07:23 PM
But she should have tried to contact him once she was aware of the situation. "Well, Lorqa's dead and Krang's not here, so I better go get my brother aaaaaaand sh*t, he's still in stasis, guess I'm in charge. I want an explanation, children."

AlZarkovski
06-14-2017, 07:05 AM
Sneak peek at an upcoming Trial of Krang cover #TMNT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCPBFD3UIAA-3hV.jpg

https://twitter.com/csmitharts/status/874755056247218177

Utrommaniac
06-14-2017, 02:12 PM
There's some Kevin Eastman covers out now as well

https://68.media.tumblr.com/01190f820a5a7979d33c3ef662784a03/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo1_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7e4032731aeb935db81f1ad488a4f315/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo2_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e4d6d1ac9a40cad08e94ad1b2130be9e/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo3_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/83ed3499110cd49d26b143b5405d5fdf/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo4_1280.jpg

CyberCubed
06-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Interesting subtle hints of what's to come, Ace Duck looks cool in Eastman style. Also nice to see the Neutrinos fighting Malinga's insect army.

AlZarkovski
06-14-2017, 03:44 PM
There's some Kevin Eastman covers out now as well

https://68.media.tumblr.com/01190f820a5a7979d33c3ef662784a03/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo1_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7e4032731aeb935db81f1ad488a4f315/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo2_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e4d6d1ac9a40cad08e94ad1b2130be9e/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo3_1280.jpg

https://68.media.tumblr.com/83ed3499110cd49d26b143b5405d5fdf/tumblr_orjmprQlZJ1tr76xwo4_1280.jpg

Yes. It's my photos. From my post (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58094).

Utrommaniac
07-29-2017, 11:24 PM
Okay, so the mutagen in IDW alters DNA under certain exposures, right?
With its whole purpose initially being to mutate soldiers with stoney skin?

But we know the Utroms were using it with their last personal use being use for stasis?

Well, what if, at least to some extent, there was still a little bit of DNA altering in the Ooze used to keep the Utroms in stasis, but not enough to fully mutate them?

In a way, there is something very similar to the Utroms going into stasis in nature. It's something that West (https://www.britannica.com/animal/lungfish) African (https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/west-african-lungfish/) Lungfish (http://eol.org/pages/24850/details) are the prime examples for.
During droughts, they can survive years without food or water by burying themselves in mud and making a kind of mucus cocoon while they wait it out.

I speculate that Utroms used to be able to do it, but that behavior died out the more they expanded and got hardier against the elements of their planet. That is, until it got to the point where they really, really needed it. So the stasis that gets developed first "switched back" the gene that made them sleep for a long period of time, and the ooze itself replaced the normal cocoon (because they just don't generate enough mucus as their ancestors did to generate one one their own...probably because as they "urbanized", they first no longer needed so much, and maybe they started to find extra sticky bodies unattractive???) and kept them under longer, with just a tiny hint of any mutagenic effect that would have shut off when they were removed.

But because that engineering was only meant to be temporary, there really wasn't an antimutagen developed for the more "extreme" mutations.

myconius
07-30-2017, 08:03 AM
Okay, so the mutagen in IDW alters DNA under certain exposures, right?
With its whole purpose initially being to mutate soldiers with stoney skin?

from what i read in IDW Tmnt #1, General Krang had acquisitioned several things from Baxter Stockman.

-Terrapin/Human Exo-Armor Synthesis
-Rodentia Psychotropic Serum Tests
-Super-Soldier Mutagen

three separate orders.

Sophie Campbell
07-30-2017, 08:58 AM
The mutagen is made from ooze. Ooze itself isn't mutagenic, it's just some natural substance found on the Utrom planet.

Utrommaniac
07-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Late-night thinking did seem to get ahead of me :P .

Krang specifies it as an ooze "technology" specifically to support stasis.
http://i.imgur.com/3qQUFNi.png
It's not necessarily mutagenic per say, but it switches on dormant genes that once made long-term hibernation possible and also replaces the "cocoon" that they weren't able to make for themselves.

In the case of Karai stealing some of that particular Ooze, its temporary purpose could easily be removed from it and become mutagen.

I guess my cap-off is that the idea of stasis reminds me a lot of how Lungfish survive drought and I speculated if the idea worked for Utroms, but they had to pull some strings to make it work.

myconius
08-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Ooze is the base compound of Mutagen. it must be synthesized to get the mutating effect.

though Ooze does have healing qualities, as it helped April's dad fully recover after his stroke.

it also enhances one's strength as we saw with Hun.

i'm guessing these healing and strengthening qualities helped preserve the Utroms while in their prolonged stasis.

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 07:11 AM
The big issue I have with Ooze is that they say it was used for their technology, but they never show it...which is IDW's biggest problem with everything in general.

I mean...can it be compared to oil on Earth? Is it not quite the same, but similar enough?

myconius
08-01-2017, 07:38 AM
The big issue I have with Ooze is that they say it was used for their technology, but they never show it...which is IDW's biggest problem with everything in general.

I mean...can it be compared to oil on Earth? Is it not quite the same, but similar enough?

yeah, too much 'tell' and not enough 'show'.
talk is cheap! :lol:

i figured it's a lot like you just described, like drilling for oil.

"drilling for Ooze" ..... that just sounds nasty!! xD

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 07:45 AM
A dermatologist's least favorite part of their job :lol: .

So far Ooze just kind of seems to do what the plot needs it, but it does have its constraints, all of which involve some kind of bodily modification.

From what it was meant to do (heal, for instance) and what it's not meant to (mutate to severe extremes, such in the case of Rocksteady and Bebop)

myconius
08-01-2017, 08:23 AM
but the synthesizing of Ooze into Mutagen had actually been introduced back in issue #1.

the telephone conversation between Baxter Stockman and General Krang, Krang is telling Baxter to hurry up with his order of Mutagen.

in issue #4 after StockGen was ransacked by Foot Ninja-
Chet informs Baxter that the small amounts of Super Soldier Mutagen that were recovered from the alley were tainted beyond repair.
Baxter says-
"Losing the Psychotropic Serum is bad enough news, considering we'll have to start from scratch in it's development. but the Mutagen?
The basic components for that were supplied to us by General Krang. and at personal risk if our client is to be believed. Now I'm to inform him we require even more?!"

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 08:36 AM
We don't know what the Utroms were using it for, to their fullest extent. Obviously their technology, especially their ships. I think Utrom Empire would have been the perfect time to show them using it as they originally intended (and Krang's relationships outside his father. Friends? Colleagues? The soldiers he bossed around? Lovers??? MOTHER????)

But we have strayed a little from my original thought about the stasis ooze specifically, which had to be different from any other use and wasn't stuff that StockGen touched. I think Karai is the only one that's used stasis ooze to make mutagen. Then maybe Hob in turn once he got a hold of it.

And I stand by that it replicates some original Utrom biology that they could no longer do themselves, since that behavior got weeded out of the gene pool as they got more and more self-sufficient and dependant on technology.

Which is just aspect of Utrom biology I've surmised.

myconius
08-01-2017, 11:52 AM
i know EXACTLY what they were using it for.....

https://i.redd.it/hxs663bb5vux.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6x8uw9dgm1rqc476o1_400.gif

neatoman
08-01-2017, 12:07 PM
i know EXACTLY what they were using it for.....

https://i.redd.it/hxs663bb5vux.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6x8uw9dgm1rqc476o1_400.gif

... tasted like splooge...

Trustworthy?

myconius
08-01-2017, 12:25 PM
Trustworthy?

my guess is that guy would be the expert! :lol:

Utrommaniac
08-01-2017, 03:40 PM
I blame Quanin :P . Then again, he's to blame for just about everything.

myconius
08-11-2017, 06:00 PM
having read and knowing the Bishop reveal in issue #70, re-reading issue #68.

it not only clarifies how Bishop was able to best Man Ray, but it also explains why his hands were so cold as he was observing Mondo Gecko's tail regeneration.

pretty clever on the writers part!

issues #67 through #70 really were a nice and neat little arc. :tsmile:

Utrommaniac
08-11-2017, 06:16 PM
That's a really good catch :D !

It was there all along and we weren't paying a lick of attention. That's how they get you...

myconius
08-11-2017, 08:50 PM
thank you :)

that's one of the great things about this series is the little subtitles.

the writing is pretty rich with multitudes of layers that only reveal themselves upon re-reading. :D

Utrommaniac
08-11-2017, 08:59 PM
Which always makes room for this situation

https://media0dk-a.akamaihd.net/94/26/ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

Honestly, it's the best way to put things together, considering how woven together everything is.

Except for Null at the moment, aside from how she's getting mutagen. She's just sort of standing away from the rest of the chaos that is the combined Utrom-Kitsune Situation. When you think about it, they are pretty wrapped up with each other, and probably far more than we realize.

myconius
08-11-2017, 10:55 PM
one post that i saw online was pointing out how The Dragon that Kitsune mentioned during the Pantheon family reunion, actually first showed up in the Eastman/Sienkiewicz back-up story from Tmnt: Universe.

that actually adds a bit of gravity to that story, seeing how the Turtles had known nothing of the Dragon at that point.

Leo was tripping pretty hard.

Utrommaniac
08-12-2017, 12:39 AM
That is actually a good point. And I did log it as "save for important stuff later" in my mind. And now Karai's off doing a dragon thing.

myconius
08-12-2017, 05:43 AM
Karai's mission is actually a very good point to.

as she was talking to that dragon in the spectral realm, i did notice that panel of the scars on her hand.

didn't she have to cut her own hand in 'secret history of the foot clan' drawing blood to resurrect Oroku Saki?

when i saw that panel of Karai's palm, it's the first thing it make me think of.

spookycookies
08-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Karai's mission is actually a very good point to.

as she was talking to that dragon in the spectral realm, i did notice that panel of the scars on her hand.

didn't she have to cut her own hand in 'secret history of the foot clan' drawing blood to resurrect Oroku Saki?

when i saw that panel of Karai's palm, it's the first thing it make me think of.

I think the cut on her hand is the exact same one from Micro series 3 Villains: Karai when the Shredder cuts her hand to show that he is real inside of her dream.

myconius
08-12-2017, 07:43 PM
I think the cut on her hand is the exact same one from Micro series 3 Villains: Karai when the Shredder cuts her hand to show that he is real inside of her dream.

ah! you're right! the double slice Karai got in her palm from Saki's ghost.

incidentally she also did cut that same palm at the very end of 'Secret History...'.
that poor mitt of hers can't catch a break! :tcry:

spookycookies
08-12-2017, 10:34 PM
ah! you're right! the double slice Karai got in her palm from Saki's ghost.

incidentally she also did cut that same palm at the very end of 'Secret History...'.
that poor mitt of hers can't catch a break! :tcry:

I wonder if she is slightly slightly capable of any kind of accelerated healing? Not wolverine levels obviously but just a hereditary side effect of being the descendant of A guy who mainlined Ooze over the course of 2 lifetimes...

I feel like I just opened a whole can of worms with this one.

myconius
08-13-2017, 09:50 AM
I wonder if she is slightly slightly capable of any kind of accelerated healing? Not wolverine levels obviously but just a hereditary side effect of being the descendant of A guy who mainlined Ooze over the course of 2 lifetimes...

I feel like I just opened a whole can of worms with this one.

that is an interesting thought.
i could be wrong but i was under the impression that the Oroku bloodline had carried on,
even before Saki had been encased in a casket of Ooze?

unless i'm misreading this Kitsune says-

"...our sons will seal your body away, keeping you safe while you are remade."

so is Karai also a descendant of Kitsune?

:teek:

Utrommaniac
08-13-2017, 11:18 AM
...Yes. Yes, that she is. Which might be part of the reason why she was able to communicate with the Dragon...her OTHER grandfather. Just one more generation forward.

So basically her great-great-great grandfather would be resurrected as a vessel for her great-great-great-great grandfather.

That's not at all weird on Kitsune's part. Not even slightly.

MikeandRaph87
08-13-2017, 11:25 AM
If Kitsune has children do the other Pantheon members?

Utrommaniac
08-13-2017, 11:38 AM
I'd put Toad Baron as most likely of all the others. Maybe not in the same sense as Kitsune, but I'm pretty sure he's doing quite a lot more with his guests and/or servants than we realize.

I'm sorry for giving you this week's nightmares. Thank goodness he's an amphibian, otherwise things would be so much worse.

I think Aka might too.

DestronMirage22
08-21-2017, 11:44 PM
So because of my idiotic comic shop and their inability to order my comics, I've been behind with this series. I finally had time to catch up a bit today and I'm gonna share my thoughts.

Ongoing #73 and Dimension X #1-2:
These two connected arcs are great so far. I'm really enjoying Cory's return to TMNT and the various artists that are drawing for Dimension X make for a lot of great talent and variety in these books. The story is very good too. I've always had a soft spot for turtles in space stories (going back the the Triceraton/Federation story in Mirage) so these issues have been a real treat for me. Seeing these different worlds and creatures has been a blast. Can't wait to see where the story's headed.

Karai's Path:
A good story arc. We really did need a story focusing on Karai and her posse, so this one had been long overdue. I'm interested to know if Karai will return to New York at the end and if she'll try to return things to the previous status quo. The back-up is interesting as well, wonder what it'll lead up to. Sophie's artwork is gorgeous as usual, and really adds to the story.

CyberCubed
08-23-2017, 06:46 PM
Although there might not be time, I do hope all the Pantheon members get their own issues of spotlight like Toad Baron did. I suspect Jagwar will and is the most likely, but I'm not sure about the others.

TurtleWA
08-28-2017, 09:56 PM
Do you think TMNTU will see a Holiday type issue around #16 or #17? I think if IDW does do one it might fit better in Universe over the Ongoing.

DestronMirage22
08-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Do you think TMNTU will see a Holiday type issue around #16 or #17? I think if IDW does do one it might fit better in Universe over the Ongoing.

I doubt they would, since they seem to be focusing more on the ongoing narrative right now.
But it would be nice to get another one. The guys could certainly use a break they've been through so much recently with little to no time to catch a breather. :lol:
And Universe would be the perfect place for that kind of story.

Y'know, it feels like just recently that we got the holiday issue. Man, does time sure fly!

ToTheNines
08-29-2017, 09:13 AM

No. We just got a Christmas issue last year and only a few months have passed in-universe since then. It's probably like March/April right now.

Plus we know #16 and #17 are a two-parter titled "Freedom", about the Tricerton rebellion.

myconius
08-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Plus we know #16 and #17 are a two-parter titled "Freedom", about the Tricerton rebellion.

can't wait!!! :D

TurtleWA
08-29-2017, 10:37 AM
No. We just got a Christmas issue last year and only a few months have passed in-universe since then. It's probably like March/April right now.

Oh. That's news to me. Do we know anything about what's after #17 or #80?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Oh. That's news to me. Do we know anything about what's after #17 or #80?

Nope. Not yet.

CyberCubed
08-31-2017, 01:59 AM
So is Hakk-R like a Saturday Morning cartoon villain? He started off really threatening and interesting in the Free Comic Book day issue, but has since sort of come across as the bumbling henchmen villain employed by the main villain (Krang) who fails at stopping the Turtles and comes up short at every turn.

Given his character looks like he was designed for an action figure, maybe this was intentional. :P

Utrommaniac
08-31-2017, 02:15 AM
Now that you put it that way, he has kind of taken up the helm of the 80's Shredder. I kind of thought that would have gone to Ch'rell, but I can see how Hakk-R works. He's got the cape and everything.

Unless Hakk-R is just the backup if Ch'rell isn't available.

CyberCubed
08-31-2017, 04:26 PM
I guess Hakk-R will probably die in issue #75.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
08-31-2017, 04:35 PM

Nah. Scurry away in shame is more like it.

ChosenOne
08-31-2017, 04:47 PM

Maybe he'll be imprisoned for life or exiled alongside Krang?

Utrommaniac
08-31-2017, 05:56 PM
Since it looks like he'll have another fight with Leatherhead, I'm putting money on "death". Since we know he's capable of taking down machinery.

ChosenOne
08-31-2017, 05:58 PM
Of course, at this point, even Hakk-R vs Pepperoni would probably result in death for him...

CyberCubed
08-31-2017, 06:13 PM
It would be nice to see someone die in IDW again, I don't think anyone has been killed off since Darius? And he's coming back as a ghost in the Ghostbusters mini, and before that was Shredder...and we also know he'll come back to life too eventually.

IDW doesn't really have many permanent deaths, especially for major characters.

Utrommaniac
08-31-2017, 06:17 PM
In my previous discussion on how keeping Krang in prison would be a waste of energy and taxpayer money on the Neutrinos, I did realize that he could just be banished to Earth like in his original appearance, stipped of power and dignity.

Though, that seems quite a bit like sending a kid to their room as punishment. Kind of a:
"Go to your room!"
"WHATEVER, EVERYTHING I LIKE IS IN THERE ANYWAY!"
sort of deal.

ChosenOne
08-31-2017, 06:37 PM
It would be nice to see someone die in IDW again, I don't think anyone has been killed off since Darius? And he's coming back as a ghost in the Ghostbusters mini, and before that was Shredder...and we also know he'll come back to life too eventually.

IDW doesn't really have many permanent deaths, especially for major characters.

Splinter's eventual death is as inevitable as Shredder's return, and I hope that one at least sticks.

myconius
08-31-2017, 08:03 PM
yeah, it'll be so awesome when they finally kill off all four of the turtles.

Sabacooza
09-01-2017, 10:36 AM
yeah, it'll be so awesome when they finally kill off all four of the turtles.Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap? :lol:

myconius
09-01-2017, 11:06 AM
yeah, it'll be so awesome when they finally kill off all four of the turtles.

Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap? :lol:

i just figured since people seem to have a death fetish, might as well go for the gusto. :P

https://up-1.cdn-fullscreendirect.com/production/photos/7549/medium/20150807_213844_7549_752889.jpeg
https://img.discogs.com/heddEQ0MrXOiCEiQpn07zs_ZIbo=/fit-in/600x600/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(90)/discogs-images/R-581526-1375133796-1844.jpeg.jpg

http://chrispiascik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1349-20130423-LastBagelCaress.jpg

John Pannozzi
09-14-2017, 10:08 PM
TMNT Adventures vol. 15 has an Amazon listing. It will collect issues #62-66.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Adventures/dp/168405172X/ref=sr_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505446149&sr=1-9&keywords=idw+publishing

Utrommaniac
09-22-2017, 03:05 PM
In re-reading something, I noticed something that I hope will fall into the From the Heart, For the Herd storyline in Universe.

Zog seems to have some faith in Krang's ability to change his patterns and "be better than his father".

Zog's issues with the Empire mostly falls on Quanin. Not Krang.
https://i.imgur.com/ORGCpYB.png
https://i.imgur.com/BE7QlG2.png
https://i.imgur.com/zv6JJfC.png

So I'm just wondering...what was happening before all this for Zog to make the distinction that Krang could potentially prove himself a better leader than Quanin? What was Krang specifically doing that made Zog think "Hey, I think he has a chance to redeem himself and his people".
Krang, who proved his aggression by killing a big, muscular humanoid. With. A. Stick. With absolutely no combat training as far as we're aware.

Anyone should be just as wary of Krang as they are of Quanin, if not more wary, but we've seen evidence of LOTS of people hoping Krang would be better. Lorqa and Ma'riell being two of them. MAYBE Honeycutt at some point before the Technodrome project.

So I'm wondering what Krang was doing that made people have hope for him. Because as far as I can tell from the narrative of his mini and Utrom Empire, he didn't really have much of a chance to be better except for being willing to die for his Empire in just one issue - a trait that's never seen again afterwards. And of course Zog was right that he should have pulled back and settled things calmly or he'd find new enemies. Because that's exactly what happened. It's why he ended up imprisoned by the Neutrinos. It's why he was denied the chance to be with his people when they were revived - something he'd probably been dreaming of for decades and lost because he got too greedy and violent. He didn't change and thus doomed himself to misery.

Allio
09-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Question. Didn't Idw say that all Renets that we seem to meet in the multi verse supposedly the same one? If so that may explain alot

Utrommaniac
09-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Yes. There's only one Renet in the multiverse and she can travel through the timelines

Allio
09-25-2017, 11:09 AM
So that could easily explain some aspects of mutant Apocalypse, especially if the Renet we see in Nick's Tmnt is
Definitely the youngest

ToTheNines
09-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Yes. There's only one Renet in the multiverse and she can travel through the timelines

Which I say is total bull sh*t.

Mirage and IDW share a Renet, sure. But there's no way 4kids and Nick fit into that.

Utrommaniac
09-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Yeah, there's a pretty distinct difference in personalities.

Allio
09-27-2017, 12:04 AM
I don't think it's that bad. Though I do wonder if that is the case then with Savanti Romero was "banished" that he himself splitup into his multiverse counterparts. That perhaps the only way to be "normal" is for all his forms to come back together and be one.

bushido
10-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Celebrate TMNT Day On October 25th At Your Local Comic Shop

Cowabunga! Celebrate TMNT Day 2017 at your local comic shop on October 25th!

Get up to speed with IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics with a Free TMNT Day Sampler!

Recapping over five years of comedy, action and drama with everyone's favorite mutant family, this issue is the perfect way to get ready for the exciting adventures to come!

https://www.previewsworld.com/news_images/201285_1148125_6.jpg

https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/201285-Celebrate-TMNT-Day-On-October-25th-At-Your-Local-Comic-Shop

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2017, 08:32 AM
That is some great art.

But for a second, I thought Donatello was an amputee... :trazz:

myconius
10-18-2017, 09:28 AM
Celebrate TMNT Day On October 25th At Your Local Comic Shop

Cowabunga! Celebrate TMNT Day 2017 at your local comic shop on October 25th!

Get up to speed with IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics with a Free TMNT Day Sampler!

Recapping over five years of comedy, action and drama with everyone's favorite mutant family, this issue is the perfect way to get ready for the exciting adventures to come!

https://www.previewsworld.com/news_images/201285_1148125_6.jpg

https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/201285-Celebrate-TMNT-Day-On-October-25th-At-Your-Local-Comic-Shop

wonder what's going to be in it?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2017, 09:28 AM
wonder what's going to be in it?

15 pages of recap and "hey remember when", less than 5 pages of actual new content. :tlol:

Utrommaniac
10-18-2017, 09:35 AM
"Remember that time that any encounter we've had ever should have, by all logic, left us knee-deep in the pits of post-traumatic stress?" :P

myconius
10-18-2017, 09:50 AM
...less than 5 pages of actual new content. :tlol:

i'm not even so sure about that.

Bobby Curnow
10-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Some new captions and the like, but no new artwork. This is for folks new to the series as a free catch up, so anyone on these boards shouldn't expect anything too exciting!

Sabacooza
10-18-2017, 10:32 AM
Some new captions and the like, but no new artwork. This is for folks new to the series as a free catch up, so anyone on these boards shouldn't expect anything too exciting!Well if nothing else, the book is a must have just for the cover alone. I love Mateus's work.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Some new captions and the like, but no new artwork. This is for folks new to the series as a free catch up, so anyone on these boards shouldn't expect anything too exciting!

Got it, so this isn't like the FCBD issues... thanks!

AquaParade
10-18-2017, 11:57 AM
The cover is stunning. Makes me crave some IDW Limited Tmnt sets for the current run.

funatic
10-18-2017, 02:31 PM
My LCS is hosting an event with TMNT discounts (and pizza, naturally), but they only heard about this since the manager happened to be eating at the same place as Kevin Eastman's sister last week. :P I'm surprised this hasn't been more promoted by IDW. Everyone make sure to let your local shops know just in case!

myconius
10-18-2017, 03:43 PM

i had a feeling when i read "sampler" it'd be something like this.
wasn't sure if it would be segments from story arcs, or highlight the events of the series in single panels.
sounds cool though. called my LCS and since i pull everything TMNT i'm having it eld for me. :)

My LCS is hosting an event with TMNT discounts (and pizza, naturally), but they only heard about this since the manager happened to be eating at the same place as Kevin Eastman's sister last week. :P I'm surprised this hasn't been more promoted by IDW. Everyone make sure to let your local shops know just in case!

that actually sounds really cool!

Ninjinister
10-18-2017, 06:01 PM
15 pages of recap and "hey remember when", less than 5 pages of actual new content. :tlol:

So a Family Guy episode?

Utrommaniac
10-19-2017, 12:02 PM
If Utroms had been poking around on Earth in the Cretaceous, they could have been on Earth in the Jurassic. Or with time travel being a thing...Leatherhead could easily have been one of these:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/9d0fc25e334e9d4b6183b2f160f8c4f4/tumblr_inline_ny1i7jfc3T1r304wd_540.jpg
A "BoarCroc", or Kaprosuchus which was 20 feet long, could gallop because of how long its legs were, and eat dinosaurs.

And it would also be a lot easier to mutate into a bipedal stance. It would take a lot of changes in story to make this happen, like maybe he was an early mutation test that got dragged everywhere Krang went. Something of a proto-Triceraton.

On the other hand, Kaprosuchus existed in the Cretaceous, and thus would be a more viable option for a "Long Legged Crocodile" mutation. He could have been a "backup" in case the Triceratons didn't work out. Maybe he was the only one because of extraneous factors. Or was the only survivor of a fight between..."Kaproschons" (some Utrom out there is terrible at naming things xD ) and Triceratons...there's a lot of ideas here.

Somehow it makes a little more sense than an alligator living in the Labrador Sea, which is cold as fvck in the winter and spring; no reptile could survive long there.

DestronMirage22
10-19-2017, 10:24 PM

Whew, that’s good to hear.
Well not really, but it’s kind of a relief knowing that if I miss out on this it isn’t a big deal.
My local comic shop has a bad habit of not ordering stuff like this so I doubt they’ll get it. :ohwell: