PDA

View Full Version : Don’t Expect a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3, Says Producer

Pages : [1] 2

Autbot_Benz
10-30-2016, 12:39 PM
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” under-performed at the box office, earning $245 million worldwide — half the gross of its 2014 predecessor — and catching its producers by surprise.

“We loved the movie. We loved making the movie,” producer Andrew Form told Collider. “From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found.”

RELATED: “TMNT: Out of the Shadows” Honest Trailer Gets Right to the Point

When it came to what went wrong, Form offered, “We talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t. It’s just one of those things where we feel like we made a really great movie; we thought at the time that our release date was great, and we added all these new characters with Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter Stockwell had a big role in the movie and Casey Jones and for some reason when it came to opening weekend … Even before the movie came out, we were feeling great. And you wake up two days before the movie opens and you go, ‘Wow, I don’t know if this movie is tracking as well as it should.'”

Ultimately, the low box-office numbers likely spell doom for another sequel. “I don’t think there’s ‘Turtles 3,'” Form said, “but I wouldn’t say there’s never going to be another ‘Turtles’ movie.”

“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” is available on Digital HD, Blu-ray and DVD.

http://www.cbr.com/dont-expect-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-3-says-producer/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista

thundermaster612
10-30-2016, 12:42 PM
So they'll make a different universe movie?

Aaronardo
10-30-2016, 12:47 PM
When it came to what went wrong, Form offered, “We talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t. It’s just one of those things where we feel like we made a really great movie; we thought at the time that our release date was great, and we added all these new characters with Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter Stockwell had a big role in the movie and Casey Jones and for some reason when it came to opening weekend … Even before the movie came out, we were feeling great. And you wake up two days before the movie opens and you go, ‘Wow, I don’t know if this movie is tracking as well as it should.'”

New characters from the old show ≠ Good movie.

Good storytelling/writing/characters/smart humor/action = Good movie.

Shellington
10-30-2016, 01:06 PM
The films were okay IMO. Standard superhero fare which took elements from the TMNT story, and was reasonably faithful and enjoyable.

The problem is they couldn't get together a good origin for the mutated animals, which really spoiled things.

The first film took from Rise of the Planet of the Apes (animals used as lab subjects for a new medication, that grants them intelligence and humanoid capability) and The Amazing Spider-Man (lizard-like humanoids, fight on a tower), and also from the IDW TMNT comics (Turtles and Splinter raised in a lab, the reincarnations of Hamato Yoshi and his four dead sons). But they removed Hamato Yoshi, so it didn't feel right.

The second film did a little better IMO with introducing Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang, and slightly embracing its cartoonish cowabunga crazy nature. And then they used a different mutagen origin: inside every human there's a dormant animal gene from an animal ancestor, and the Mutagen Ooze allows that gene to dominate the human and turn into its respective ancestor. Thus, Bebop and Rocksteady evolved from warthogs and rhinos and the Turtles could evolve into humans if the mutagen was altered. That logic makes no damn sense, even for 1980s Ninja Turtles which was over-the-top.

Also, the Shredder was underused in both films. In the first film he was the stepfather some white businessman who wanted to use the mutagen to kill people and then make a cure to sell to people, becoming stupid rich (his own words). Actually, the white dude was supposed to be the Shredder but people complained so they brought in a Japanese actor.
The second film kept him Japanese, but had him be Krang's errand boy and later slave, and didn't even give him good armor or a fight with the Turtles IMO.

I have to admit, I don't know where the third film could have gone. Would it be Turtles in time (again), or Turtles in space?

Anyway that's it for Michael Bay's TMNT.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Good. Rip the rights out of Platinum Dunes' hands, wait a few years, and try again with actual writers. ACTUAL. WRITERS. Who respect the source material in ALL of its forms.

TMNTChris1980
10-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Thank God this nightmare is over.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-30-2016, 01:14 PM
Are these idiots seriously that oblivious or are they just trying to cover their trail of destruction by shrugging their shoulders?

IndigoErth
10-30-2016, 01:48 PM
— and catching its producers by surprise.

Wait, so despite the high levels of criticism, and even hate, after the first, the fact that audiences didn't pour in for the second caught them by surprise? Exactly how long have these people been in that business..? Have they not been down the sequel road before?? You'd think they'd have a better sense of predicting of how a sequel may turn out if audience reviews for the first weren't great. Way to be solely focused on the money.

Being (or acting) so clueless doesn't look good on anyone handling big films. Rather, you collectively look like a complete crock that needs to call it quits in that industry.

“We talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t.
You made some poor choices and f'ed up the first, which negatively impacted interest in the second. Why is that so hard to grasp, take off the cloak of denial you're hiding in...

You can't just shake a sparkly Technodrome at fans and expect people to come running if they didn't like how the first turned out. People aren't dogs, we're not going to just up and forgive everything because you tossed a shiny new ball our way.

our release date was great
A really slow time of the year with not much else good to see might have been a better choice...

You owe the Turtles an apology. Maybe not necessarily even to viewers, as people aren't required to like everything (though maybe to those who want their money back), but the Turtles deserved better treatment from the get-go. No matter what version and design they are.

The part of me that wants these idiots away from the Turtles is fine with it. The part of me that at least felt the 2nd was better in some important ways via changes I was really hoping would happen for almost 2 years, and had continued to want to see it correct this black mark in the franchise and improve itself over time and kinda wanted to know where it would go from here for these Turtles... that part is a little sad and irked at them for screwing up in the first place.

I feel bad for the director though. He's still new and surely trying to get films that turned out well under his name is still important to him. They kind of screwed him by not getting better writers to handle the script.

Also the Turtles' actors, I wouldn't mind them portraying our boys still for a while.

TurtleTitan97
10-30-2016, 01:51 PM
Are these idiots seriously that oblivious or are they just trying to cover their trail of destruction by shrugging their shoulders?

It's most likely the latter.

Either way, glad this particular movie franchise is dead.

ranger_scout
10-30-2016, 01:58 PM
New characters from the old show ≠ Good movie.

Good storytelling/writing/characters/smart humor/action = Good movie.

The 1987 TV series and its characters are not to blame for the box-office performance of this film. People just really don't want to see Michael Bay films anymore. Transformers: Age of Extinction did not bring in as big of numbers as its predecessors. It's North American box-office total might not even be that accurate since Rentrak stated that its opening weekend numbers were not what the receipts stated. People also just really don't want to see films with bad reviews anymore. Suicide Squad was the rare exception this year while Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice barely turned a profit.

snake
10-30-2016, 02:05 PM
These people really are clueless

Autbot_Benz
10-30-2016, 02:21 PM
The films were okay IMO. Standard superhero fare which took elements from the TMNT story, and was reasonably faithful and enjoyable.

The problem is they couldn't get together a good origin for the mutated animals, which really spoiled things.

The first film took from Rise of the Planet of the Apes (animals used as lab subjects for a new medication, that grants them intelligence and humanoid capability) and The Amazing Spider-Man (lizard-like humanoids, fight on a tower), and also from the IDW TMNT comics (Turtles and Splinter raised in a lab, the reincarnations of Hamato Yoshi and his four dead sons). But they removed Hamato Yoshi, so it didn't feel right.

The second film did a little better IMO with introducing Bebop and Rocksteady and Krang, and slightly embracing its cartoonish cowabunga crazy nature. And then they used a different mutagen origin: inside every human there's a dormant animal gene from an animal ancestor, and the Mutagen Ooze allows that gene to dominate the human and turn into its respective ancestor. Thus, Bebop and Rocksteady evolved from warthogs and rhinos and the Turtles could evolve into humans if the mutagen was altered. That logic makes no damn sense, even for 1980s Ninja Turtles which was over-the-top.

Also, the Shredder was underused in both films. In the first film he was the stepfather some white businessman who wanted to use the mutagen to kill people and then make a cure to sell to people, becoming stupid rich (his own words). Actually, the white dude was supposed to be the Shredder but people complained so they brought in a Japanese actor.
The second film kept him Japanese, but had him be Krang's errand boy and later slave, and didn't even give him good armor or a fight with the Turtles IMO.

I have to admit, I don't know where the third film could have gone. Would it be Turtles in time (again), or Turtles in space?

Anyway that's it for Michael Bay's TMNT.

Micheal Bay called your check is in the mail

also glad this franchise is gone Casey was ruined

neatoman
10-30-2016, 02:32 PM
The 1987 TV series and its characters are not to blame for the box-office performance of this film. People just really don't want to see Michael Bay films anymore. Transformers: Age of Extinction did not bring in as big of numbers as its predecessors.

What the hell are you talking about? The damn thing made over a billion dollars. People (in general) still go and watch the Transformers movies, there was no drop in attendance. Michael Bay himself is not to blame for this.

The problem with Out of the Shadows is that it's a sequel to an unpopular movie that barely broke even, very few people want to see a sequel to movie they either didn't watch or didn't like, and it really doesn't help that Out of the Shadows isn't a good movie either.

And while the FW elements might not be to blame, they certainly didn't help.

Aaronardo
10-30-2016, 02:43 PM
The 1987 TV series and its characters are not to blame for the box-office performance of this film. People just really don't want to see Michael Bay films anymore. Transformers: Age of Extinction did not bring in as big of numbers as its predecessors. It's North American box-office total might not even be that accurate since Rentrak stated that its opening weekend numbers were not what the receipts stated. People also just really don't want to see films with bad reviews anymore. Suicide Squad was the rare exception this year while Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice barely turned a profit.

Age of Extinction utterly destroyed the box office. Granted, not as much as past Transformers movies, but Age of Extinction shattered the box office.

And I only make that statement because according to the quote, these people expected the film to turn in great profits because, in their own words, "we added all these new characters with Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter Stockwell had a big role in the movie and Casey Jones."

That does not mean good movie. How you represent those characters means good movie. You'd think they'd get that, but apparently not.

Hopefully the franchise get a fresh start and TMNT can be seen in a new, more respectful light in an upcoming movie. As long as PD isn't involved and/or they actually get good writers/director.

Candy Kappa
10-30-2016, 03:35 PM
It's nice to get confirmation, good riddance.

ranger_scout
10-30-2016, 06:26 PM
What the hell are you talking about? The damn thing made over a billion dollars. People (in general) still go and watch the Transformers movies, there was no drop in attendance. Michael Bay himself is not to blame for this.

Age of Extinction utterly destroyed the box office. Granted, not as much as past Transformers movies, but Age of Extinction shattered the box office.

I should've been more specific. I meant that it didn't reach the same heights as its predecessors at the North American box-office. The first and third made over $300 million while the second made over $400 million. The last one made $241 million, which I thought was seen as a sign of fatigue for those films. Still, that is a very respectable total.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 06:31 PM
As said elsewhere...

What went wrong was all the mistakes with the first one, which soured people on seeing the second. Get some talented people on the next one, who care about the series in all of it's incarnations, and make a film everyone can enjoy. No alien turtle talk, no horrible designs, no poorly constructed plot. Put some time and care into making a good film, and get Kevin Eastman and Tom waltz to do the script. (or at least the story)

And as to the argument that OT elements being what made this film suck, I don't buy it. IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure. Personally, I'd to see a baxter vs rat king film with the tmnt caught in the middle, or adapt the noi-da-tar arc with chien Kahn and Ninjara from Archie.everybody has to admit those would be better than the two bay film's.

TheSkeletonMan939
10-30-2016, 06:52 PM
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.

Holy moley are you right. This one's going into the sig.

Coola Yagami
10-30-2016, 06:56 PM
In other words the sky is blue. though to be fair I was surprised the first one had a sequel

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 07:50 PM
Holy moley are you right. This one's going into the sig.

Cool, just remember to quote me on that one! :)

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Also, I can't see TMNT staying dormant for long. If superhero movies stay strong, I think we'll see a new take in just a few short years.

Powder
10-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Definitely no later than 3-4 years. I imagine there's already talk of how to approach it being had behind closed doors.

CyberCubed
10-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm surprised people expect another reboot so soon.

The gap between TMNT III and TMNT 2007 was 14 years. The gap between TMNT 2007 and TMNT 2014 was 7 years.

We could be waiting a long time.

Bry
10-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Oh man! I just picked up my NECA Foot Clan set and I thought today could get no better for me TMNT-wise. :tlol:

I mean, condolences to those who enjoyed this series, but I think it's pretty obvious they botched this from jump street. Though BayFormers keeps chugging along with idiotic garbage, I'm glad the audience rejected this one, and hopefully they find filmmakers/producers who understand how to make a good Turtles movie with the next attempt.

This says it all:

These guys never understood the property. Never ever. They never even tried. Nothing about their take felt really "right" -- at best it was just really shallow, cynical lip service to what they assumed the fans wanted, that didn't capture the characters, the tone, or the spirit of what those fans actually love. These producers are little more than brand monetizers -- they thought "put Bebop and Rocksteady in it" was a surefire recipe for success, and that was the beginning and the end of their thought process. They didn't care one bit. It was an empty cash-grab with no heart, and it deserved to fail. With luck, Form and Fuller will be kept far, far away from whatever comes next.

Galactus
10-30-2016, 10:17 PM
While there is an argument to made that the 2014 movie soured people on the sequel it should not be the go-to explanation/excuse for why Out of the Shadows failed so spectacularly.

Out of the Shadows had a big marketing campaign that successfully conveyed a sense that they were taking a different approach from the previous movie, one that played up all the aspects it was largely believed fans wanted and people largely turned their noses up at it. The question we should be asking is why were so many more people willing to give a "wrong" version of TMNT a shot and not one that was looked like it was doing a lot "right"?

Personally I found no problem getting friends to go see the 2014 movie with me. They cared less about the controversies and changes to the canon, they were open to see it because it looked like in many ways they were giving the property the same kind of treatment a lot of modern comic book movies are given (the end result wasn't really like that but that's what it kinda looked like) whereas trying to find friends to go with me to see the sequel was met with apathy or variations of "I don't know...looks kinda dumb".

TMNT may be a well known property but it's not at a level where it can solely rely on fans. People that were not really fans and may have been put off by the first where not going to be swayed back by overcrowding it up with 80s series characters and concepts, they were not going to get bums on seats by making it seem so dumb they might be embarrassed to see it without accompanying a child.

Another big problem I have with blaming the 2014 movie for the sequels failure is that should there be a reboot down the line it may it breeds the idea that Out of the Shadows unfairly flopped because of it rather than it being a sub par movie itself (in many ways it was worse than it's predecessor) and the lesson someone studio executives will learn is to go for something like Out of the Shadows straight away. That should not happen.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of whether the movies should be Mirage or Fred Wolf inspired we cannot load it with so many characters and concepts and expect people to come just because. It may be an overused example but look at the Marvel movies, they were working to a goal but took it one movie at a time. TMNT cannot afford to skip the origin or cut straight to "fan favourites". It needs to establish itself with good stories and characters before it even vaguely considers putting in off kilter concepts.

Bry
10-30-2016, 10:23 PM
I have to imagine/hope they'll go a very different direction for the next attempt. I'm not holding out hope for a Mirage movie, mind you... but Daredevil on Netflix is a massive current hit, and they've got a property that was literally built on parodying the Daredevil comics that are at the heart of that series. It's a better idea than anything else they've tried.

Panda_Kahn_fan
10-30-2016, 10:27 PM
While there is an argument to made the 2014 movie soured people on the sequel it should not be the go-to explanation/excuse for why Out of the Shadows failed so spectacularly.

Out of the Shadows had a big marketing campaign that successfully conveyed a sense that they were taking a different approach from the previous movie, one that played up all the aspects it was largely believed fans wanted and people largely turned their noses up at it. The question we should be asking is why were so many more people willing to give a "wrong" version of TMNT a shot and not one that was looked like it was doing a lot "right"?

Personally I found no problem getting friends to go see the 2014 movie with me. They cared less It looked like in many ways they were giving the property the same kind of treatment a lot of modern comic book movies are given (the end result wasn't really like that but that's what it kinda looked like) whereas trying to find friends to go with me to see the sequel was met with apathy or variations of "I don't know...looks kinda dumb".

TMNT may be a well known property but it's not at a level where it can solely rely on fans. People that were not really fans and may have been put off by the first where not going to be swayed back by overcrowding it up with 80s series characters and concepts, they were not going to get bums on seats by making it seem so dumb they might be embarrassed to see it without accompanying a child.

Another big problem I have with blaming the 2014 movie for the sequels failure is that should there be a reboot down the line it may it breeds the idea that Out of the Shadows unfairly flopped because of it rather than it being a sub par movie itself (in many ways it was worse than it's predecessor) and the lesson someone studio executives will learn is to go for something like Out of the Shadows straight away. That should not happen.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of whether the movies should be Mirage or Fred Wolf inspired we cannot load it with so many characters and concepts and expect people to come just because. It may be an overused example but look at the Marvel movies, they were working to a goal but took it one movie at a time. TMNT cannot afford to skip the origin or cut straight to "fan favourites". It needs to establish itself with good stories and characters before it even vaguely considers putting off kilter concepts.

You know what? If people want that origin film so badly, follow the lead of the 2k3 series. Adapt mirage issue 2+3 with Baxter and the mousers, intro April as Baxter's assistant, have Splinter tell her the origin in flashback like in 2k3 and the 1990 film (preferably with Yoshi reincarnation splinter instead of pet rat splinter) throw in a small part with the rat king (the destruction of his subjects by the mousers will draw him in) and tease Shredder at the end of the film. Then do a big, bloody 'return to new York' film as a sequel with april already in place, and introducing Casey the way he was meant to be. Then finish the trilogy off with 'city at war'.

That would at least give us a fresh spin on things, a little. :/

sdp
10-30-2016, 10:38 PM
Shame, I would've loved a batshit insane third movie full of OT mutants since this is the only live action interpretation that could've let it happen. While both movies are flaws from their changes to the mythos and some design choices overall they aren't that bad and have plenty of elements that I liked.

What this means though is no more movies for who knows how long, less incentive for Nick to keep the CG show going and all the dominos keep falling for things to be just like when 4K!ds show ended and stay like that for a decade or more. By the time Wave 4 of TMNT movies/show comes around I'll likely have a kid who is old enough to watch:o.

Andrew NDB
10-31-2016, 12:41 AM
“We loved the movie. We loved making the movie,” producer Andrew Form told Collider. “From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found.”

Gee, some inexplicable reason, huh?

These guys are truly, truly lost. Hacks. Misguided hacks.

ProactiveMan
10-31-2016, 01:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pQmFMSY.jpg

Xav
10-31-2016, 01:14 AM
Also, the Shredder was underused in both films. In the first film he was the stepfather some white businessman who wanted to use the mutagen to kill people and then make a cure to sell to people, becoming stupid rich (his own words).No, that was the white businessman not Shredder who wanted to become stupid rich.

Wildcat
10-31-2016, 01:16 AM
I don't know if everyone saw the video that was linked but they were being interviewed about Ouija and were asked about TMNT. In the clip they seem a little caught off guard? It wasn't the whole thing (and he actually said Stockman don't know why the article says Stockwell)

Obviously they know why some people don't like it or didn't go see it. They're not going to say "we know people hate the designs etc..."

Plus it has to be a little surprising when your first movie does significantly better. I still have not seen Oots. I'm not purposely avoiding it. Just have not seen it yet.

Shark_Blade
10-31-2016, 02:14 AM
I'm grateful regardless, it's been a blast and a privilege! :tlove:

TMNT1
TMNT 2014
TMNT OOTS
TMNT Turtles Forever
TMNT 2007
TMNT3
TMNT 2

Casey
10-31-2016, 11:02 AM
"Baxter Stockwell" :tlol:

Andrew NDB
10-31-2016, 11:04 AM
"Baxter Stockwell" :tlol:

Kinda says it all right there, doesn't it?

"B-b-b-b-but we did the Beebop and the Rocksteady and th-th-th-the Baxter Stockwell and Krung and nobody c-c-came and it just doesn't m-m-make sense."

Casey
10-31-2016, 11:06 AM

"B-b-b-b-but we did the Beebop and the Rocksteady and th-th-th-the Baxter Stockwell and Krung and nobody c-c-came and it just doesn't m-m-make sense."

Haha. Pretty much.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 11:46 AM

That perfectly communicated a marketing guy curled up in the fetal position under his desk in a puddle of his own bodily fluids, sobbing pitiably.

Except there is no pity.

Kudos.

CyberCubed
10-31-2016, 11:47 AM
It was the goddamn nostrils and the big Hulk-like look for the Turtles that doomed these movies from the start.

Vegita-San
10-31-2016, 11:49 AM
Oh man! I just picked up my NECA Foot Clan set and I thought today could get no better for me TMNT-wise. :tlol:

I mean, condolences to those who enjoyed this series, but I think it's pretty obvious they botched this from jump street. Though BayFormers keeps chugging along with idiotic garbage, I'm glad the audience rejected this one, and hopefully they find filmmakers/producers who understand how to make a good Turtles movie with the next attempt.

I don't even think they bothered to TRY to understand it in the first place. if so, they never would have even THOUGHT to make the Turtles Aliens. as soon as that leaked out, i knew it was doomed from the start.

Even when you have supposed fans working on the property, there's no garuntee it'll turn out right.

Look at the new series. it's pretty clear the people in charge want to focus on Mirage and Horror, with goofy monster designs each week like Super Shredder. Yet, Playmates and maybe nick want it more like the 80s series,throwing in everything at random and not taking time to make sure it's either developed, or fits.

I think what needs to happen is two fold. you need to groom a new peter laird and kevin eastman. someone to look after the property and handle all aspects of it. you need to reduce playmates control of the property. they only care about selling toys. they've got no real creative story input to offer. Nick should be pushing them around not the other way.

You need a creative control director. someone who knows the pulse of what's good for the property, and good for it to evolve.

And you just need a game plan. So far, IDW is the only one who devlops older properties. And i'm just amazed at how much they put out that I have ZERO complaints on. they've got their crap together. Paramount and Nick do not.

Vegita-San
10-31-2016, 11:51 AM
Gee, some inexplicable reason, huh?

These guys are truly, truly lost. Hacks. Misguided hacks.

You just sent people who like to defend movies like this to their safe space.

:D

Autbot_Benz
10-31-2016, 12:17 PM
You just sent people who like to defend movies like this to their safe space.

:D

speaking of those people I am surprised Tigerclaw hasn't posted he is king of defending crap.

Vicky82
10-31-2016, 01:44 PM
After all the bashing I got for getting excited for both movies before they even came out, i'm actually glad we not getting a 3rd movie. I did like the 2nd movie but it still wasn't perfect so I rather have a reboot.

All the bashing and the arguments was getting me down as well, so if we did have a 3rd movie I would have gotten a lot more bashing and probably more arguments. So if a reboot happened and it was made by a different company, producer, director and writers ect hopefully there would be a lot more happier people and less arguments.

One good thing that did come out of this was that you guys did open my eyes over who these bad producers, writers and directors are because I had no clue. Heck I didn't even know who Michael Bay was until the first Transformers movie but even then I didn't know anything about him until the 3rd Transformers movie. Even though I did watch Pearl Harbor and Armageddon before the first Transformers movie, I didn't take notice on the who the director was at that time.

Jephael
10-31-2016, 02:05 PM
It was the goddamn nostrils and the big Hulk-like look for the Turtles that doomed these movies from the start.

Also Megan Fox. Don't forget Megan Fox.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 02:06 PM
Also Megan Fox. Don't forget Megan Fox.

Far from the worst part of this film series. Stephen Amell is much worse than she is.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 02:09 PM
Agree to disagree there, dude. I loved his performance and he nailed that character well! Vernon's supposed to be full of himself. I'm using that version of the character as a template for how he appears in my own remake project.

CASEY JONES, man. Stephen Amell played "Casey Jones." <cough cough>

Jephael
10-31-2016, 02:10 PM

http://saimg-a.akamaihd.net/saatchi/297163/art/1561576/776129-7.jpg

Just ignore my last post. I was thinking of that other guy.

Vegita-San
10-31-2016, 02:12 PM
If someone likes a movie, I try to leave them alone.

After all, you're ALLOWED to like a movie.

It's when the person becomes a jerk about it is when i start having issues :).
Or, in some cases, refuses to allow someone to actually hate something ;o).

It's amazing how these no nothing movies can develop such a following as to cause a mob mentality among the small group that really do enjoy them for whatever reason and the claws come out when someone goes against the grain.

Jephael
10-31-2016, 02:14 PM

It's amazing how these no nothing movies can develop such a following as to cause a mob mentality among the small group that really do enjoy them for whatever reason and the claws come out when someone goes against the grain.

Sadly that's the world we live in these days. I agree that we should all just live and let live, but unfortunately, not everyone feels that way.

LeotheLateBloomer
10-31-2016, 02:45 PM
FORM: I think one thing we did learn is you really need to give—you can’t just add characters to a movie and expect that to be what’s fresh. It’s a sequel. You have to give the audience something that’s really new and fresh. Maybe just adding characters from the canon, that wasn’t enough.

Ya think?! I'm dumbfounded how they thought adding familiar characters alone is "giving the fans what they want".

IndigoErth
10-31-2016, 02:51 PM
Like I said, people aren't dogs, they're not going to go for it just because you tossed a few new things at them. These people really don't think much of the audiences they make films for, do they? :roll:

Adding characters wasn't enough...? It's called writing. Did we forget that was important in film making? And proper research that doesn't just skim the surface. Should have found a group of writers who in fact dearly love these characters and know how to write them well. Or at least writers that will talk to a diverse group of fans and pull knowledge from conversations with them; esp discuss each person's fave character. (And they don't just have the story fall flat at the end... At least as far as the whole villain plot goes. The Turtles were done better, that's all I can give it.)

They'd have really been better off skipping origins and fast forwarding TMNT in age and just coming up with a new story instead...

Edit: Basically a PD movie in 50 years (not that they'll still exist):
http://i.imgur.com/i1qqnH6.gif
Wait, it still needs explosions and lens flares, but you get the idea. (In the sequel the fluffy ball will be purple, because fresh and new.)

Sighphi
10-31-2016, 05:37 PM
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows” under-performed at the box office, earning $245 million worldwide — half the gross of its 2014 predecessor — and catching its producers by surprise.

It came out two years after the first one. You didnt give people enough time to breathe.

Candy Kappa
10-31-2016, 05:42 PM
It came out two years after the first one. You didnt give people enough time to breathe.

Or enough people regretted watching the first one, they didn't come for the encore.

spookycookies
10-31-2016, 07:55 PM
I'm so happy to hear this news. This whole ordeal was a disaster and now hopefully we can expect something better down the road.

Vegita-San
10-31-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm so happy to hear this news. This whole ordeal was a disaster and now hopefully we can expect something better down the road.

they didn't care enough to do it right the first time.

They just gave it to bay cause he was the current action crop king, apparently.....whether he was right for the part or not.

what's to expect that they learn a lesson and do it right the second time?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
10-31-2016, 08:16 PM
they didn't care enough to do it right the first time.

They just gave it to bay cause he was the current action crop king, apparently.....whether he was right for the part or not.

what's to expect that they learn a lesson and do it right the second time?

Don't worry, I hear Uwe Boll wants to do the reboot. :twink:

Coola Yagami
10-31-2016, 09:30 PM

I agree with the live and let live ideology in the sense that Bay and his crew should have left the tmnt live and let live the turtles did nothing to Bay and PD, why the hell did they rape them so violently?

IndigoErth
10-31-2016, 10:58 PM
the turtles did nothing to Bay and PD, why the hell did they rape them so violently?
The Turtles are cooler than they'll ever be, maybe they're jealous.

:trazz:

CyberCubed
11-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Thank god the hideous nostrils and Hulk-look for the Turtles will be viewed as a disaster now and won't be repeated with a future reboot.

The nostrils, Eric Sachs "White man" Shredder, the 4 Hulks, no backstory for Splinter, Megan Fox April, etc....were all red flags from the start.

IndigoErth
11-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Thank god the hideous nostrils and Hulk-look for the Turtles will be viewed as a disaster now and won't be repeated with a future reboot.
I dunno, compared to the designs, personally I think the writing was a bigger issue...?

Many seem to have warmed a bit to the designs, at least to some tolerable extent. Personally, the nostrils stopped bothering me quite a while ago once I was used to it. (Well, okay, mostly for Leo and Donnie, I like their wider design better.) But that's imo. Though really, it's not like this TMNT are the only design that has been not pretty (or given nostrils)... oh they have undeniable company in various media for sure.

Now, their height/bulk and the non-Turtle things, yeah I gotta agree with you there.

[mushy (and prob debatable) 'trigger' warning] Ultimately the only thing I may really miss is my fave. Rough going at first, but he got his place in my heart alongside other versions of him. Visually speaking, this level of huggable realness (including what mocap brings to it) has been kinda fun and I doubt it will happen again.

Maybe mocap itself will happen again someday, but I assume prob not with a set of Turtles that seem to exist in our universe, or perhaps it might be a more animalistic design that some other folks want.

THGhost
11-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Well this news is gonna please a lot of people on these forums. :lol:

The nostrils, Eric Sachs "White man" Shredder, the 4 Hulks, no backstory for Splinter, Megan Fox April, etc....were all red flags from the start.

For the last time, Cubed. Turtles have nostrils! I agree with the rest though. As much as I enjoyed these movies, the problems you listed are pretty inexcusable.
I mean, Splinter taught them Ninjutsu (was it even that?) from a ****ing book he found in the sewer? WHAT? :roll:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3494/3253724974_052681f27f.jpg

Cyndaquilfan123
11-01-2016, 10:25 AM
You know what, I take what I can get. I love both the new movies. Looking forward for what they have planned for TMNT in the future.

The Deadman
11-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice barely turned a profit.

BvS had a worldwide gross of over 800 million off a 250 million dollar budget so....what?

The Deadman
11-01-2016, 10:35 AM

Not on here. I've seen people get pissed off that others enjoyed the PDTMNT films.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 10:36 AM
* Megan Fox neither helped nor hurt these movies. Of all the things to complain about these movies she shouldn't even make the Top 20. Probably not even the Top 30. Stop acting like both films were somehow wrecking balled by her... they weren't, they were already FUBAR.
* Stephen Amell isn't bad, but they apparently didn't give him anything to do and Officer Casey Jones quintessentially isn't Casey Jones.
* Yes, the designs are god awful though even with the designs intact, had these been actual TMNT movies we probably would have been able to swallow them.
* CyberCubed is not really upset about nostrils, that's been a part of his schtick for years now.

and...

You know what, I take what I can get. I love both the new movies. Looking forward for what they have planned for TMNT in the future.

... PLANT.

ColinStein
11-01-2016, 11:01 AM
With all this speculation of TMNT 2012 being done and this franchise finally over... what's next? I'd hate to see another origin story.

THGhost
11-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the Technodrome, ColinStein. Beer's in the fridge and Happy Hour is on Wednesday. :tcool:

I'd hate to see another origin story too, kinda like Spider-Man.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 11:04 AM
what's next?

A reboot, of course. I like to think that they would try the one thing they've never tried before, which is a relatively faithful Mirage/source material attempt... but I don't have a large degree of faith in anyone of TPTB.

I'd hate to see another origin story.

Why? TMNT 2014 barely had one, and even there it didn't bother to explain why Splinter hated or even knew Shredder. Before that, not since 1990.

THGhost
11-01-2016, 11:07 AM
I like to think that they would try the one thing they've never tried before, which is a relatively faithful Mirage/source material attempt... but I don't have a large degree of faith in anyone of TPTB.

That would be so awesome. Hope the alternate universe that's had it for the past 2 years is enjoying it.

ColinStein
11-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Why? TMNT 2014 barely had one, and even there it didn't bother to explain why Splinter hated or even knew Shredder. Before that, not since 1990.

You're right. There was almost no explanation of the Splinter and Shredder conflict but there was a weird watching them grow up. And those weird title names to introduce each turtle. Maybe it's just a level of respect that I don't think we're given as a viewer. Then again... we watched it, who's to say we respect ourselves? :P

Technogeek29
11-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Technodrome, ColinStein. Beer's in the fridge and Happy Hour is on Wednesday. :tcool:

I'd hate to see another origin story too, kinda like Spider-Man.

Best comment here lol.

ColinStein
11-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Best comment here lol.

It was great! I don't mean to ignore you @THGhost. Thanks!

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 12:47 PM
A reboot, of course. I like to think that they would try the one thing they've never tried before, which is a relatively faithful Mirage/source material attempt... but I don't have a large degree of faith in anyone of TPTB.
I rather they adapt from the IDW comics.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I rather they adapt from the IDW comics.

I'm OK with them taking the reincarnation angle from the IDW comics and a few elements here and there... as long as the Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krangs are left at the door.

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 01:17 PM
I'm OK with them taking the reincarnation angle from the IDW comics and a few elements here and there... as long as the Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krangs are left at the door.
Actually I wanna see Bebop and Rocksteady plus Krang as well, Bebop and Rocksteady should still be the comic relief characters, but also make them more dangerous, Like how they are portrayed in the IDW comics.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Actually I wanna see Bebop and Rocksteady plus Krang as well, Bebop and Rocksteady should still be the comic relief characters, but also make them more dangerous, Like how they are portrayed in the IDW comics.

Nah, pass. And you can bet no matter what shape or form the TMNT movie reboot takes... none of those clowns are going to be in it.

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Nah, pass. And you can bet no matter what shape or form the TMNT movie reboot takes... none of those clowns are going to be in it.
Oh new versions of those characters will be in a reboot no doubt, and any other characters like Leatherhead, Maybe the Mutanimals.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Oh new versions of those characters will be in a reboot no doubt

Highly doubtful they'd follow a failed launch of those clowns with another one. They aren't going to throw good money after bad money.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2016, 01:26 PM

You and I both know they'll be in it. The question is, will they be done WELL?

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Highly doubtful they'd follow a failed launch of those clowns with another one. They aren't going to throw good money after bad money.
The fact to the matter is, you'll never see a Mirage adaption, the perception of TMNT right now is the IDW Comics or the Nickelodeon series, the reboot is gonna have to cater to the new fans of those, and even those versions borrow from FW.

You and I both know they'll be in it. The question is, will they be done WELL?
I would like to see them done like the IDW version, in which they like a force of nature.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 01:41 PM
You and I both know they'll be in it.

Eventually, maybe. But them being in the next (rebooted) movie would be like if Nolan had made Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy the villains of Batman Begins... ass backwards.

The question is, will they be done WELL?

Bebop and Rocksteady are quintessentially stupid, created for stupid lowbrow laughs and plus so Playmates could sell a rhino and warthog toy next to the Turtles. I don't mean stupid as in, "What dumb characters they are," I mean stupid is their whole schtick. That's what they trade on, and their "look." You know, just putzing around, occasionally mumbling about "da toitles" while they fall down and hurt themselves. Doing them "well," you'd have to stick with that. Making them into super serious, dangerous muscle killers or something... you CAN do that, but #1: That is emphatically NOT who they are or what they're about, you are now actively warping them to be something else and if you ARE going to do that, then... #2: Why use them at all? Just raw nostalgia for the toys or Fred Wolf cartoon? That's not an answer and that's not good enough, and by this point Fred Wolf has had more than enough "nods." Enough for a lifetime.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Eventually, maybe. But them being in the next (rebooted) movie would be like if Nolan had made Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy the villains of Batman Begins... ass backwards.

Bebop and Rocksteady are quintessentially stupid, created for stupid lowbrow laughs and plus so Playmates could sell a rhino and warthog toy next to the Turtles. I don't mean stupid as in, "What dumb characters they are," I mean stupid is their whole schtick. That's what they trade on, and their "look." You know, just putzing around, occasionally mumbling about "da toitles" while they fall down and hurt themselves. Doing them "well," you'd have to stick with that. Making them into super serious, dangerous muscle killers or something... you CAN do that, but #1: That is emphatically NOT who they are or what they're about, you are now actively warping them to be something else and if you ARE going to do that, then... #2: Why use them at all? Just raw nostalgia for the toys or Fred Wolf cartoon? That's not an answer and that's not good enough, and by this point Fred Wolf has had more than enough "nods." Enough for a lifetime.

Ah, okay. Yeah, they definitely shouldn't (and probably won't... barring further hacks like Bay running the cinematic arm of the franchise) appear in the initial reboot.

As far as "if we change them in new iterations, what's the point", why SHOULDN'T characters be improved and revamped? Hell, there's NOTHING good in the Fred Wolf cartoon EXCEPT initial concepts: Technodrome, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, etc.

Hundreds of characters and stories get improved all the time. To your example, Mister Freeze was just a dumb ice-themed villain until Batman TAS improved the character and rebranded him as a tragic figure trying to cure his terminally ill wife.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 02:36 PM
To your example, Mister Freeze was just a dumb ice-themed villain until Batman TAS improved the character and rebranded him as a tragic figure trying to cure his terminally ill wife.

Sure, but there was at least some big kernel within him that made that worthwhile. He's a scary dude with sunglasses and a big gun going around f***ing freezing people. Later on they added the sympathetic backstory from TAS, sure, but he was worth the investment.

Now, Bebop, Rocksteady? Um... I guess they're, uh, strong? Good at holding Krang blasters and missing a lot? Drawing a blank here on anything unique or endearing about them beyond their look to warrant any investment.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Sure, but there was at least some big kernel within him that made that worthwhile. He's a scary dude with sunglasses and a big gun going around f***ing freezing people. Later on they added the sympathetic backstory from TAS, sure, but he was worth the investment.

Now, Bebop, Rocksteady? Um... I guess they're, uh, strong? Good at holding Krang blasters and missing a lot? Drawing a blank here on anything unique or endearing about them beyond their look to warrant any investment.

Now, see, this is just your personal prejudice speaking. And I get it.

But big dumb brutes with iconic designs have as much material for improvement as does a guy wearing a fish bowl and sunglasses with a freeze gun. It's all raw material in the end.

THGhost
11-01-2016, 02:50 PM
I reeeealy need to get around to reading the IDW Comics. I'm currently still reading Image Volume 3. Volume 4 after that then straight into IDW.

neatoman
11-01-2016, 02:57 PM

Yeah, Bebop and Rocksteady do suck pretty hard, I'm not really finding much to disagree with here. They were pointless in the Fred Wolf cartoon, they were pointless in the Archie series, they are pointless in the Nickelodeon cartoon and being largely annoying in all those versions isn't exactly helping them.

The most compelling they have ever been is the micro and mini IDW published, but in the main series they're just an excuse for Hulk-style brawls. They could easily be replaced by other characters and it wouldn't make a difference, after the mini they seem to have been put on hold for now.

CyberCubed
11-01-2016, 03:28 PM
As far as "if we change them in new iterations, what's the point", why SHOULDN'T characters be improved and revamped? Hell, there's NOTHING good in the Fred Wolf cartoon EXCEPT initial concepts: Technodrome, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, etc.

The original cartoon had a lot of great episodes and concepts and captured its audience well.

Yeah, Bebop and Rocksteady do suck pretty hard, I'm not really finding much to disagree with here. They were pointless in the Fred Wolf cartoon, they were pointless in the Archie series, they are pointless in the Nickelodeon cartoon and being largely annoying in all those versions isn't exactly helping them.

By that logic then what do replacing Bebop/Rocksteady with other mutants serve? We've already seen it with Rahzar/Tokka in the second movie, then Dogpound/Fishface in the Nick show, then Bludgeon/Koya in IDW (kinda), and they all serve the same purpose.

So if they were to axe Bebop/Rocksteady, as we have already seen....we just get rather similar mutant duos anyway.

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 03:32 PM
The original cartoon had a lot of great episodes and concepts and captured its audience well.

By that logic then what do replacing Bebop/Rocksteady with other mutants serve? We've already seen it with Rahzar/Tokka in the second movie, then Dogpound/Fishface in the Nick show, then Bludgeon/Koya in IDW (kinda), and they all serve the same purpose.

So if they were to axe Bebop/Rocksteady, as we have already seen....we just get rather similar mutant duos anyway.
I wanna see the Mutanimals in a movie.

Venom
11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
The reason the first movie performed moderately well was because it was the first live action TMNT movie in 20 years, so we were curious to see a $100MM Turtle movie.

After seeing how craptastic is was, it's no surprise the second movie flopped. I only went to see the spectacle of Bebop/Rocksteady/Krang/the Technodrome on screen for the first time. The movie itself was trite.

What needs to happen in a complete reboot of the TMNT movie franchise, and hire a writer who at least knows that Mirage came first and watched Steve Barron's movie.

Hell, I'd be fine if Ciro wrote a movie.

Hollywood wants to see a successful TMNT movie?

Give it a $50-$75MM, scale back the nonsense, and adapt the first 3 issues and Raph micro as a trilogy. Kill Saki, let Baxter have his go, end it all with the Turtles in the transmat, and depending on the success of the three movies then kick off another set adapting Turtles in space.

Hellfire, even bring in Krang and the Technodrome as a rogue Oot wanting to cleanse the galaxy of anything Triceraton, including Earth for one time being home to ceratopsians or something.

Viacom could hire a group of us for pennies on the dollar and togethere we'd pound out a better TMNT movie than PD and their group of somehow-successful hacks.

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 03:44 PM
The reason the first movie performed moderately well was because it was the first live action TMNT movie in 20 years, so we were curious to see a $100MM Turtle movie.

After seeing how craptastic is was, it's no surprise the second movie flopped. I only went to see the spectacle of Bebop/Rocksteady/Krang/the Technodrome on screen for the first time. The movie itself was trite.

What needs to happen in a complete reboot of the TMNT movie franchise, and hire a writer who at least knows that Mirage came first and watched Steve Barron's movie.

Give it a $50-$75MM, scale back the nonsense, and adapt the first 3 issues and Raph micro as a trilogy. Kill Saki, let Baxter have his go, end it all with the Turtles in the transmat, and depending on the success of the three movies then kick off another set adapting Turtles in space.

Hellfire, even bring in Krang and the Technodrome as a rogue Oot wanting to cleanse the galaxy of anything Triceraton, including Earth for one time being home to ceratopsians or something.

Viacom could hire a group of us for pennies on the dollar and togethere we'd pound out a better TMNT movie than PD and their group of somehow-successful hacks.
I rather they look at the IDW comic, That is the TMNT of today, and it did a good job at getting all the elements from the previous versions right.

neatoman
11-01-2016, 03:46 PM
By that logic then what do replacing Bebop/Rocksteady with other mutants serve?

At best? You get better characters than Bebop and Rocksteady. If nothing else? Visual variety.

Vicky82
11-01-2016, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't mind if they did a live action movie based on the Nicktoon. But a live action movie based on IDW would be awesome. I just like to see it with a serious/dark tone to the story.

The Nicktoon is more darker/serious than the 2016 movie.

plastroncafe
11-01-2016, 03:51 PM

I agree with all of this, except...let's do City at War or Return to New York instead.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-01-2016, 03:53 PM

Words of truth. Ah, soak them in...

Powder
11-01-2016, 04:20 PM
more darker

https://c2.staticflickr.com/5/4034/4544827697_6f73866999_n.jpg

Candy Kappa
11-01-2016, 04:27 PM

It's like, how much more black could this be?

Technogeek29
11-01-2016, 04:34 PM

*slap*
Fool that is Midnight not black open your eyes!

Vicky82
11-01-2016, 04:39 PM

I don't know what that supposed to be but it ain't showing up on my computer.

IndigoErth
11-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Wellll..... I suppose Vantablack is a possibility, if it can be applied to this media.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 05:43 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EMqmZMFv4GI/VHe1QjBM7-I/AAAAAAAAX6I/RxxZDyeJYuU/s1600/2014-11-27_18-32-44_994.gif

Jephael
11-01-2016, 06:08 PM

Well, you definitely won't care for my take on them... pretty much more of the same.

miru
11-01-2016, 06:28 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RslgAfp0OUk/VMUnEx8XO4I/AAAAAAAAAVw/Rsgswj9EKM0/s1600/FP%2BDance.gif

The nightmare is over! TMNT is safe!

IndigoErth
11-01-2016, 06:30 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EMqmZMFv4GI/VHe1QjBM7-I/AAAAAAAAX6I/RxxZDyeJYuU/s1600/2014-11-27_18-32-44_994.gif
Looks surprisingly like the hole PD/Paramount/Viacom have dug for themselves.

ColinStein
11-01-2016, 07:09 PM
The Nicktoon is more darker/serious than the 2016 movie.

Your signature is proof.

Bry
11-01-2016, 07:24 PM
I agree with all of this, except...let's do City at War or Return to New York instead.

Yeah, City at War has to be the last story. Or at least the "trilogy" capper. There's a really great three movies' worth of material in the original Eastman/Laird/Lawson run if the studio is willing to use it.

Cyndaquilfan123
11-01-2016, 07:29 PM
* Megan Fox neither helped nor hurt these movies. Of all the things to complain about these movies she shouldn't even make the Top 20. Probably not even the Top 30. Stop acting like both films were somehow wrecking balled by her... they weren't, they were already FUBAR.
* Stephen Amell isn't bad, but they apparently didn't give him anything to do and Officer Casey Jones quintessentially isn't Casey Jones.
* Yes, the designs are god awful though even with the designs intact, had these been actual TMNT movies we probably would have been able to swallow them.
* CyberCubed is not really upset about nostrils, that's been a part of his schtick for years now.

and...

... PLANT.

I'm sorry I triggered you by liking and simply enjoying a movie.

Vegita-San
11-01-2016, 08:02 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RslgAfp0OUk/VMUnEx8XO4I/AAAAAAAAAVw/Rsgswj9EKM0/s1600/FP%2BDance.gif

The nightmare is over! TMNT is safe!

You keep believing that :)

Where one bay and one feig fall, ten other worse idiots will be there to take their place. never underestimate the draw to the studio to try and cater to the LCD.

again, the days of franchises catering to the fans is over as long as nerd things are popular with casuals.

ranger_scout
11-01-2016, 08:34 PM
As I stated on Ranger Board, what happened to those films is exactly what happened to the live-action Scooby Doo and Smurfs films. The first films in those franchises received negative reviews from critics but were still box-office successes. However, their sequels did not make as much money and the third films were cancelled. When those characters return to the big-screen, they will be entirely animated. I'm thinking that's the best route to go for future TMNT films.

ProactiveMan
11-01-2016, 08:37 PM
Your signature is proof.

Your signature is nuts. I'll need to buy a bigger monitor if this trend continues.

Metalwolf
11-01-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm wondering, who says that Bebop and Rocksteady have to be stupid and goofy like the OT or used for mere dumb muscle?

Just make them serious guys with moments of (intelligent) dark humor. I would even add that their specific mutations would eventually make them prone to feral behavior, something that makes them outright dangerous and unpredictable.

If they could be based off of that old movie concept art (one where Bebop looks like an actual freaken pig/warthog and Rocksteady looks like he has the power of a freight train) I don't think many people will think 'goofy cartoon morons.'

As for the two movies, ding dong the witch is DEAD. :tgrin:

Coola Yagami
11-01-2016, 09:55 PM
Other options can be 4 (because why send 2 mutants after 4 mutants?) serious bad ass assassin ninja types that are mutants. Bebop and Rocksteady's biggest weaknesses other than being dumb as rocks is the fact that they're generic brawlers going against highly trained martial artists. Maybe creating cool mutant villains that can fight and can be taken seriously will add a breath of fresh air for the franchise .

Dogpound and Fishface were initially this, especially based on how good they fought as Chris and Xever, but then they got weakened and rendered useless.

TigerClaw
11-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Other options can be 4 (because why send 2 mutants after 4 mutants?) serious bad ass assassin ninja types that are mutants. Bebop and Rocksteady's biggest weaknesses other than being dumb as rocks is the fact that they're generic brawlers going against highly trained martial artists. Maybe creating cool mutant villains that can fight and can be taken seriously will add a breath of fresh air for the franchise .

Dogpound and Fishface were initially this, especially based on how good they fought as Chris and Xever, but then they got weakened and rendered useless.
I would like to see Alopex and TigerClaw show up.

Andrew NDB
11-01-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm sorry I triggered you by liking and simply enjoying a movie.

That sounds like something a plant would say.

Metalwolf
11-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Well, if people are going to be more familar with the Nick stuff, they could simply use Tigerclaw, Dogpound, Xever (maybe) and maybe make up a forth person? I don't know about using Alopex though... I could see using her inviting a lot of bad furrie jokes, unless she is not made 'pretty' in any way.

I think Dogpound and Fishface getting nerfed is more Nick's fault because of Playmates' need to keep shoving out toys, with also many people at the time wanting Bebop and Rocksteady instead.
I don't think in the movie they'd be nerfed at all, they can't be someone sucky for the Turtles to fight against or the audience would lose interest. Dogpound always has the option to be double mutated into the skeletal Rahzar, so he pretty much guarantees future ante upping. Fishface I'm not sure, but they could simply decide to make him Tokka instead of a fish, just because it harkens back to the old mutant duo of the second movie.

Either way, they could do something other then attempt to use B and R again, because truthfully I think that gets too boring after awhile, and plus B and R seem destined to always be stuck in OT purgatory. Unless they have a way of making these guys not act with cheap fart jokes or something equally lowbrow in a live action movie, it's going to be hard not seeing these guys without thinking 'Better start lowering my expectations here.'

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 12:25 AM
plus B and R seem destined to always be stuck in OT purgatory.

What do you mean? Since 2009, it's been the very opposite.

CyberCubed
11-02-2016, 12:56 AM
That sounds like something a plant would say.

To be fair, that guys username is Cyndaquil which is a Pokemon. I seriously doubt he's a plant. Nobody with a pokemon username would come here to promote a movie.

Allio
11-02-2016, 12:57 AM

wait, I thought he was NObody

Powder
11-02-2016, 02:05 AM
What do you mean? Since 2009, it's been the very opposite.

I wanna say what they mean by that is they'll never be much more than bumbling minions, but I could be wrong. Either way there's no point in making them something else, they'd be entirely different characters at that point.

To be fair, that guys username is Cyndaquil which is a Pokemon. I seriously doubt he's a plant. Nobody with a pokemon username would come here to promote a movie.

I'm by no means on the same fervent "plant" kick as Andrew, but a good one could very well go by any namesake, especially one that references "nerd culture". :trazz: They could even be called Cybercubed! O0o0o0o0o~ Spooky.

d_osborn
11-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Not that I particularly want B&R in my dream TMNT movie, but I don't agree with this at all. Any writer worth one's salt could make the characters work in a creative way, throughout a variety of tones*. They're the capo roles in the Foot Clan mafia, so to speak. Think Paulie Walnuts to Tony Soprano's Shredder. Less-intelligent muscle that acts as comedic relief.

*- As long as the producer is game...

Bry
11-02-2016, 09:49 AM

wait, I thought he was NObody

Stephen Amell played Stephen Amell. Also see: every other Stephen Amell role.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Stephen Amell played Stephen Amell. Also see: every other Stephen Amell role.

With the right writing and look, he could've worked. But then, we don't get the right writing and look in these movies, do we?

PApagreg
11-02-2016, 10:08 AM
I'm wondering, who says that Bebop and Rocksteady have to be stupid and goofy like the OT or used for mere dumb muscle?

Well keep in mind these two are basically Juggernauts so the Turtles have to do something in order to beat and seeing how the Turtles are ninjas(albiet very strong/skilled ninjas compared to the generic foot fodder) so their only way in defeating Bebop and Rocksteady is to outsmart them.

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Well keep in mind these two are basically Juggernauts so the Turtles have to do something in order to beat and seeing how the Turtles are ninjas(albiet very strong/skilled ninjas compared to the generic foot fodder) so their only way in defeating Bebop and Rocksteady is to outsmart them.

Not hardly. They basically just need to barely dodge some of their laser blasts and just wait for them to get tangled up in some cord or something and knock themselves out.

PApagreg
11-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Not hardly. They basically just need to barely dodge some of their laser blasts and just wait for them to get tangled up in some cord or something and knock themselves out.

Well I'm mostly thinking of the IDW version of Bebop and Rocksteady in which while they were stupid they were also dangerous and could be lethal if you one would underestimate them.

As for Bradford and Xever I prefer if they were human especially for Xever since his fightscenes weren't as impressive after he was mutated.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 10:28 AM
I think everyone has to agree that IDW Bebop and Rocksteady are the only versions of the character that should translate to film. Yes, they're stupid. But they're behemoths of destruction, murderous rampaging juggernauts.

They've:

Fought to a standstill with the Turtles, April, and Splinter ("City Fall")
Fought (and nearly beaten) the combined might of the Turtles and Splinter, the Mutanimals, and Alopex and Nobody ("New Mutant Order")
Killed Donatello* ("Attack on Technodrome")
Destroyed entire universes through time travel and kicked the crap out of Savanti Romero ("Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything")

They're stupid and they're almost unbeatable. Tell me you wouldn't pay to see those characters in a WELL WRITTEN and COMIC ACCURATE movie.

*for all practical intents and purposes

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 10:36 AM
They're stupid and they're almost unbeatable. Tell me you wouldn't pay to see those characters in a WELL WRITTEN and COMIC ACCURATE movie.

Really not interested in seeing them at all. And just having them be hired by legit characters (Karai, etc.) makes those characters dumb by design.

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 11:24 AM
(I promised I wouldn't make my own posts over here, but I think commenting is fine...)

Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film, all of it. IDW's takes on the characters work. It's nostalgia pandering done right, with all OT characters being overhauled to a point all OT flaws are gone. USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady, they are lethal killing machines you barely survive in a battle, and have to be outsmarted. All of hatred and arguments against the IDW versions I've seen so far is simple bias against the OT versions, which has absolutely ZERO in common with the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 11:29 AM
It's nostalgia pandering

There's been more than enough of that so far.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 11:30 AM
(I promised I wouldn't make my own posts over here, but I think commenting is fine...)

Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film, all of it. IDW's takes on the characters work. It's nostalgia pandering done right, with all OT characters being overhauled to a point all OT flwas are gone. USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady, they are lethal killing machines you barely survive in a battle, and have to be outsmarted. All of hatred and arguments against the IDW versions I've seen so far is simple bias against the OT versions, which has absolutely ZERO in common with the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.

Dude, nobody wants to silence you. We don't even want you to stop sharing your own ideas; just create a one-time "Panda Fan Fic Ideas" or "Panda Improves the PD Universe" thread and keep posting there. Sorry for jumping down your throat on the previous thread.

And I absolutely agree with your bolded statement. The whole post, but ESPECIALLY that bolded statement.

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Just adapt IDW for a TMNT film

IDW's takes on the characters

I think everyone has to agree that IDW Bebop and Rocksteady are the only versions of the character that should translate to film

USE IDW Bebop and Rocksteady

the IDW versions

Yes, I do agree, IDW would be the ideal version to adapt characters and tone from.

the competence level and seriousness of the IDW versions.

You might as well fess up now. You're not even trying anymore.

ColinStein
11-02-2016, 01:19 PM
Wait... do people here generally not like the IDW series?

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 01:23 PM

It's generally well liked. It's well written, but it's really not for me.

Allio
11-02-2016, 01:25 PM
no, if anyone doesn't like it, it's usually just a minority.

Jephael
11-02-2016, 01:37 PM

It's generally well liked. It's well written, but it's really not for me.

Sadly though, I don't think any future version is gonna be to your liking. As I told you on Facebook, my own ideas for a 2034 remake borrow a lot from the Archie comics (though I don't plan on getting into the "environmental" stuff frequently touched on back then) and the Foot Clan isn't even a centuries old family business like it's been up to this point. It starts off as a martial arts school like Cobra Kai in The Karate Kid. To make a long story short, Mirage is dead. Leave it rest in peace.

Andrew NDB
11-02-2016, 02:12 PM
Sadly though, I don't think any future version is gonna be to your liking. As I told you on Facebook, my own ideas for a 2034 remake borrow a lot from the Archie comics (though I don't plan on getting into the "environmental" stuff frequently touched on back then) and the Foot Clan isn't even a centuries old family business like it's been up to this point. It starts off as a martial arts school like Cobra Kai in The Karate Kid. To make a long story short, Mirage is dead. Leave it rest in peace.

I don't see what any of your fanfiction has to do with IDW, Mirage or... really anything in this thread, for that matter.

CyberCubed
11-02-2016, 02:55 PM

The IDW series is critically acclaimed. Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general.

You only have 12 issues a year with issues that are only 20 pages long, so its a fault of the medium rather than the writing itself.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 02:57 PM
The IDW series is critically acclaimed. Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general.

You only have 12 issues a year with issues that are only 20 pages long, so its a fault of the medium rather than the writing itself.

I think it's fair to say that IDW TMNT is the most successful TMNT comic series ever. Most prolific, at the very least.

CyberCubed
11-02-2016, 02:59 PM
I think it's fair to say that IDW TMNT is the most successful TMNT comic series ever. Most prolific, at the very least.

It still needs to last 75 months in a row to surpass the Archie series in length. We're in month 64 (the same number of issues is the number of months its been out, of course)

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-02-2016, 03:06 PM
It still needs to last 75 months in a row to surpass the Archie series in length. We're in month 64 (the same number of issues is the number of months its been out, of course)

Yeah, but that's the ongoing only. Adding up all the (absolutely necessary) micro and mini series and now Universe, and we surpassed Archie a long ago.

ColinStein
11-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Sometimes the pacing can be off and some characters get lost in the background, but I guess that's the nature of comic books in general..

TMNT Universe is for all those not as popular characters. Or at least, I assume. Waiting on a trade for that series.

And with those micro-series they used to do, there are more than just 64 issues if we want to split hairs.

CyberCubed
11-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Yeah, but that's the ongoing only. Adding up all the (absolutely necessary) micro and mini series and now Universe, and we surpassed Archie a long ago.

Issue count doesn't matter, its the years/months it goes on for.

Archie TMNT went on for nearly a decade. I think the first issue was in 1988 and it went on to 1995.

Jephael
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't see what any of your fanfiction has to do with IDW, Mirage or... really anything in this thread, for that matter.

Um well that's just it. Both Tom Waltz's IDW comic and the current Nickelodeon cartoon Ciro has created basically are fan fiction. Hell, your Odyssey graphic novel and the Image conclusion before that are basically fan fiction. Some of the best stuff comes out of fan fiction these days. The guys who developed Smallville 16 years ago were fans of Superman. Sam Raimi was a childhood fan of Spider-Man (too bad he blew it with the 3rd film though). I could go on, man! The bottom line is sometimes it takes a hardcore fan of these characters to really bring out the best in them. But you gotta be willing to have love for all the different versions, not just the one you grew up with or put in high regard.

METALHEAD
11-02-2016, 08:38 PM
This is upsetting.

Have y'all seen fangirls on Tumblr?

They're raging!

But yes. This is upsetting. A third film needs to be made before we move forward. I hate that we are left in a cliff hanger.

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 08:38 PM
You might as well fess up now. You're not even trying anymore.

How exactly is my pro-IDW bias any different from a pro-Mirage bias? Without resorting to pulling the flimsy 'source material' card out for the millionth time, anyway.

TurtleTitan97
11-02-2016, 08:40 PM
This is upsetting.

They're raging!

Breaking News: Tumblr fangirls whining over so-called "Injustice"!

In other news: Water is wet! :lol:

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Dude, nobody wants to silence you. We don't even want you to stop sharing your own ideas; just create a one-time "Panda Fan Fic Ideas" or "Panda Improves the PD Universe" thread and keep posting there. Sorry for jumping down your throat on the previous thread.

And I absolutely agree with your bolded statement. The whole post, but ESPECIALLY that bolded statement.

It's all right, I was being a blockhead. Anyway, I see IDW as the right blending of TMNT elements to draw the largest crowd possible in, and turning out a quality product. Yes, I concede some Mirage stories may be better, but IDW gives the filmmakers a larger and more colorful canvas to work with, and will appeal to a larger audience.

Powder
11-02-2016, 08:44 PM
This is upsetting.

They're raging!

But yes. This is upsetting. A third film needs to be made before we move forward. I hate that we are left in a cliff hanger.

Yeah, Tumblr fangirls are pretty upsetting to see.

& I feel you, watching that movie did indeed feel like hanging off of a cliff! The same anxiety, hopelessness, preparing oneself for death...

ToTheNines
11-02-2016, 08:48 PM
I hang off high ledges every day. No where near as deflating, defeating and depressing as OotS.

Autbot_Benz
11-02-2016, 09:01 PM
This is upsetting.

They're raging!

who cares what a bunch of whiny SJW's say.

Bry
11-02-2016, 09:18 PM

The cliffhanger: can these producers make an even worse movie somehow!? (Yes, the answer is yes, the answer is always yes.)

From either a creative or a business standpoint, it makes little sense to continue with this iteration. The sequel failed, likely losing money, and there's not much chance to lower the budget based on the expensive mo-cap/CGI effects. To say nothing of this whole series being based firmly on the Bay method of going bigger and bigger with each sequel.

The 2014 movie proved there's still earning potential for this franchise on the big screen, and its legacy and sequel proved that their audience won't just throw money at crap. They've gotta be looking at a much lower-budget reboot. Which means either actors/stuntmen in suits with CGI enhancements or pure animation, I'd assume. Also: pray.

THGhost
11-02-2016, 09:18 PM
When will those Tumblr fangirls ever learn?

Oh, right. Never. Forget I asked. :P

plastroncafe
11-02-2016, 09:24 PM
There's a method to their madness:

The worse the source material, the better the fanfic.
I've read some really good stuff from the dregs that is this universe.
(Which...is pretty much the entire universe.)

Panda_Kahn_fan
11-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Issue count doesn't matter, its the years/months it goes on for.

Archie TMNT went on for nearly a decade. I think the first issue was in 1988 and it went on to 1995.

IDW is almost caught up in number of years published, and most likey still has a long road ahead of it.

CyberCubed
11-03-2016, 01:12 AM
IDW is almost caught up in number of years published, and most likey still has a long road ahead of it.

I could see IDW TMNT going on at least 10 years. I mean we're already in year 5 right now.

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 01:17 AM
I could see IDW TMNT going on at least 10 years. I mean we're already in year 5 right now.

Probably. Sales seem to have stabilized in a satisfactory place where at least 1 additional title can run side-by-side. That speaks of legs.

CyberCubed
11-03-2016, 01:42 AM
I just hope Tom Waltz and Bobby stay for the entire run of the comic. If they ever leave IDW or quit for whatever reason, the whole tone/structure of the series would probably be lost.

Thankfully IDW doesn't change creative teams every few years like Marvel and DC does.

LeotheLateBloomer
11-03-2016, 10:50 AM

I've always said that Megan Fox could play a competent April but the scripts for both movies failed her and now she'll never get a chance to play her again. Granted, she's not my ideal April but like you said, she neither helped nor hurt these movies.

As far as Amell goes, I've only watched a cameo scene of his Arrow in an episode of the Flash but I liked what I saw of his performance in that show. But again, bad scripts.

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 11:00 AM
I've always said that Megan Fox could play a competent April but the scripts for both movies failed her and now she'll never get a chance to play her again. Granted, she's not my ideal April but like you said, she neither helped nor hurt these movies.

As far as Amell goes, I've only watched a cameo scene of his Arrow in an episode of the Flash but I liked what I saw of his performance in that show. But again, bad scripts.

Both Fox and Amell could be perfectly suitable Aprils and Caseys in a "real" TMNT movie that actually gave a sh*t. The best choices? Maybe not, but perfectly serviceable.

Powder
11-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Nah, nope. They are sh*t actors, case closed.

plastroncafe
11-03-2016, 01:14 PM
I blame the director.
It's their job to get the best performance out of their cast, and to make a questionable script great.

Leonardo_thebest
11-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Some of my friends thought the latest Ninja Turtles was dope. I don't think we're friends anymore. It was a real try-hard.

IndigoErth
11-03-2016, 03:07 PM
I blame the director.
It's their job to get the best performance out of their cast, and to make a questionable script great.
Hey, the new kid in class didn't get any say in that casting, maybe mediocre is the best some actors can give. lol

To be fair, had he not been shoehorned in and given a proper look and persona Amell would be okay I guess. Fox... I suppose she did better, though it could simply be an illusion based on seeing less of her and her vague emoting.

Powder
11-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I do think Meghan did a better job than last time, but like you said, it may just have been that she's easier to take in small doses. & on a second, digital viewing, I was able to skip the parts that focused on the human cast, which helped a little. :tlol:

Vegita-San
11-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Hey, the new kid in class didn't get any say in that casting, maybe mediocre is the best some actors can give. lol

To be fair, had he not been shoehorned in and given a proper look and persona Amell would be okay I guess. Fox... I suppose she did better, though it could simply be an illusion based on seeing less of her and her vague emoting.

Being supposedly hot, fox didn't have to learn to act. and now it's showing.

as for the rest, don't know enough about them.
especially the voice actors. have they done anything else before this? the voices all sounded so similar and bland.

plastroncafe
11-03-2016, 06:16 PM
With the exception of Splinter and Leonardo, I do believe all of the cg characters were mo-capped by the same actors providing the voices.

I know the guy who plays Donatello from a bit part he had in Galaxy Quest, and the guy playing Michelangeo plays "Mickey" on the Showtime series Shameless.

And I want to say the guy who did the motion capture for Leonardo was on Smallville, but they ultimately went with Johnny Knoxville of Jackass fame for his voice.

Why? I have absolutely no idea.

Xav
11-03-2016, 07:59 PM
I hate that we are left in a cliff hanger.What cliff hanger? The movie ends with the Turtles saving the world and celebrating in the Statue of Liberty.

IndigoErth
11-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Well, Pete Ploszek was able to voice Leo this time. Don't really know all that much about the guy, though in passing - in my search to try to figure how who Leo's voice would be in the second because it took so damn long for anyone to just say - I'd seen he's got some recurring part (as a teacher?) on the Teen Wolf series. (Think it's an Mtv series?)

And a few other single ep appearances for a few shows, as listed on Wikipedia. Don't see Smallville, but that sounds familiar, maybe it was one of the others?

What cliff hanger? The movie ends with the Turtles saving the world and celebrating in the Statue of Liberty.
The Shredder part probably.

Freezing him and he just goes away forever and Krang never really being much of a real threat... that ended far too easily. Left me feeling that there just HAS to be another attempt made by Krang and be an actual threat, why would he stop there, and for Shredder to end up with an actual part in it, which will never come... Stupid film people.

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Freezing him and he just goes away forever and Krang never really being much of a real threat...

I loved the big reveal after the movie was over... that the true villain was the tepid box office. :)

And that'd be a pretty dumb bit of storytelling. "Remember Krang and his Technodrome? Remember how they did absolutely nothing in the last movie, and that was kind of a bummer? Well get ready for it... in Turtles the Movie Part 3, Krang and the Technodrome will return and maybe will do something this time! Guaranteed, but no guarantees!"

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

IndigoErth
11-03-2016, 09:02 PM
:lol:

Posing a threat is how they'd keep it fresh and exciting! Give the fans that they want - villains who... do things! Bad things! Like... take two minutes longer to be sent packing!

Really the Turtles didn't even have to fight Krang that tiny bit had they only figured out and gotten to the beacon sooner.

Vegita-San
11-03-2016, 09:19 PM
so the movie starred basically bad actors, including madea... a Karai that I think had about 2 minutes of screen time total and no lines.....

And voice actors who are anything butt and have had little to no screen time as bit extras in other projects, it seems.

oh, and don't forget the producers and director who cared so little one wanted to make them aliens and have the movie star april oneil... and the other can't even get the characters names right.

and people defend this lackluster effort....WHY?

Bry
11-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Both Fox and Amell could be perfectly suitable Aprils and Caseys in a "real" TMNT movie that actually gave a sh*t. The best choices? Maybe not, but perfectly serviceable.

Yeah, I... can't really get behind this either. It's possible, but I've never seen a truly good performance from either of them. Even when they're clearly trying hard, they just feel amateurish.

They make for fine models, but actors? I'm not convinced.

Leolead
11-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I... can't really get behind this either. It's possible, but I've never seen a truly good performance from either of them. Even when they're clearly trying hard, they just feel amateurish.

They make for fine models, but actors? I'm not convinced.
Both of them are terrible actors, and terribly suited for April & Casey. Stephen Amell plays Stephen Amell in every role i've seen him in. Megan just can't act, I'm sorry, she just can't, she's wooden. :/ I would like to see 'real' actors as April & Casey next time around.

Bry
11-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Both of them are terrible actors, and terribly suited for April & Casey. Stephen Amell plays Stephen Amell in every role i've seen him in. Megan just can't act, I'm sorry, she just can't, she's wooden. :/ I would like to see 'real' actors as April & Casey next time around.

It doesn't help that the biggest "other" live-action versions were played by legitimately terrific actors in Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas, who absolutely nailed the roles. For the fans, at least, it'd take a lot to match them.

You might say... this cast is living in their shadows. :tgrin:

:tgrin:

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Hey, I'm not saying Amell or Fox are God's gift to the Screen Actor's Guild, far from it... all I'm saying is let's take off our fanboy goggles for one minute and realize that Casey Jones and April O'Neil aren't Shakespeare and neither role necessarily requires anything remotely approaching A-list actors or actresses. Technically both Fox and Amell are way more accomplished right now than either Hoag or Koteas were in 1990. If Amell was Amell and Fox was Fox in 1990, TMNT 1990 would have been lucky to grab them.

Powder
11-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Nobody's arguing that. The fact that what you're saying is true & they can't even give passable performances in those roles is pretty telling to what caliber of "actor" they are.

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Nobody's arguing that. The fact that what you're saying is true & they can't even give passable performances in those roles is pretty telling to what caliber of "actor" they are.

That's more indicative of the material. And direction, or lack thereof. If this latest puppet director was even doing any actual directing.

Powder
11-03-2016, 10:56 PM
C'mon, man. I'd be the last guy to argue in favor of the film's script. It's terrible stuff. But actors can give their all (or at least do a sufficient job) even with bad material, bad directors, etc. These two just blow, period. When Fox isn't applying the porn star style to her delivery, it's just stale & unconvincing. & Amell is equally flat. Even fantastic directors can't make bad actors good, they just try to mask their weaknesses & give them a lower profile.

Leolead
11-03-2016, 10:59 PM
That's more indicative of the material. And direction, or lack thereof. If this latest puppet director was even doing any actual directing.
They come off the same way in other roles they've been in. Sure, the director was essentially just a Bay puppet but there's no beating around the bush that Fox & Amell were miscast as April & Casey & just bland, wooden actors in general.
It doesn't help that the biggest "other" live-action versions were played by legitimately terrific actors in Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas, who absolutely nailed the roles. For the fans, at least, it'd take a lot to match them.

You might say... this cast is living in their shadows. :tgrin:

:tgrin:
Haha, pretty much. They were perfectly cast and were great in their roles.

Allio
11-03-2016, 11:05 PM
only way I would want a third film is if it was a real "Turtles in time" with Savanti Romero with the time sceptor.

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 11:17 PM
They come off the same way in other roles they've been in.

Nah. Have never watched Arrow but I know he's greenlit 5 seasons of it. And Jennifer's Body was pretty damn awesome with Fox.

Bry
11-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Technically both Fox and Amell are way more accomplished right now than either Hoag or Koteas were in 1990. If Amell was Amell and Fox was Fox in 1990, TMNT 1990 would have been lucky to grab them.

And yet Hoag and Koteas both gave far, far better performances in 1990 than Fox and Amell could pull off in 2016. Almost like they had way more actual talent, regardless of how supposedly not "accomplished" they were!

Andrew NDB
11-03-2016, 11:36 PM
And yet Hoag and Koteas both gave far, far better performances in 1990 than Fox and Amell could pull off in 2016. Almost like they had way more actual talent, regardless of how supposedly not "accomplished" they were!

But TMNT 1990 had, I dunno, a script. And a hungry director allowed to kind of realize a vision to some degree.

But let's play Devil's advocate. Let's pretend Hoag and Koteas were April and Casey in "Out of the Shadows." Same movie. Same director. Same script. Still same result. There was no opportunity for them to do anything with the characters.

Coola Yagami
11-03-2016, 11:57 PM
But TMNT 1990 had, I dunno, a script. And a hungry director allowed to kind of realize a vision to some degree.

But let's play Devil's advocate. Let's pretend Hoag and Koteas were April and Casey in "Out of the Shadows." Same movie. Same director. Same script. Still same result. There was no opportunity for them to do anything with the characters.

Exactly. We'd all be complaing about lame ass cop koteas and shoplifting schoolgirl hoag.

Powder
11-04-2016, 12:21 AM

This logic really doesn't hold, man. I've seen plenty of actors I like in sh*tty roles, doesn't mean that I thought their performance was poor just because the material itself was.

Exactly. We'd all be complaing about lame ass cop koteas and shoplifting schoolgirl hoag.

The bad changes made to the characters, the bad dialogue they were given, it doesn't mean that the people in those roles can't emote, or be convincing. That's all on the person performing.

For example, I hate what they've done with the turtles, but I still think their voice actors gave it their all & did justice to how they were written. Vern's not Vern at all anymore, this bastardized re-imagining of him sucks major ass, but Will did his thing. He played that part well. Proof's in the pudding. I hate Nu-Casey, but if Amell had given a passionate performance, I could at least respect that. I could think he was a decent part placed in the wrong film or something. But nope, it was the poops, same with Fox.

Andrew NDB
11-04-2016, 12:37 AM
The bad changes made to the characters, the bad dialogue they were given, it doesn't mean that the people in those roles can't emote, or be convincing.

Emote on what? Convince us of what? There is nothing to accomplish any of that in said film. The stakes of some nonsense that equates to nonsense?

But aside from that... it's a bit, let's pretend this is an episode of the actor's studio. Scene 23 shot 5 take 1... Amell doing lame hack dialogue while emoting against a greenscreen with probably a lame Rocksteady tennis ball stand-in with probably little to no direction. You think Amell is allowed to do anything but what Puppet Director/Viacom wants him to do? OK. Now TMNT 1990. Koteas says, "Hey, let me go a little wild here, is that cool?" They would say yes.

Myko
11-04-2016, 02:41 AM
And a few other single ep appearances for a few shows, as listed on Wikipedia. Don't see Smallville, but that sounds familiar, maybe it was one of the others?

Alan Ritchson (Raphael) played Aquaman on Smallville, IIRC.

Powder
11-04-2016, 03:48 AM
Emote on what? Convince us of what? There is nothing to accomplish any of that in said film. The stakes of some nonsense that equates to nonsense?

But aside from that... it's a bit, let's pretend this is an episode of the actor's studio. Scene 23 shot 5 take 1... Amell doing lame hack dialogue while emoting against a greenscreen with probably a lame Rocksteady tennis ball stand-in with probably little to no direction. You think Amell is allowed to do anything but what Puppet Director/Viacom wants him to do? OK. Now TMNT 1990. Koteas says, "Hey, let me go a little wild here, is that cool?" They would say yes.

No disrespect, but I've seen the films (Mind you, I'm certainly not bragging about it) & I understand you have opted not to (wisely). I'd like to think my familiarity gives me a foot to stand on here. There's enough material, garbage or not, for them to have shown they have some semblance of skill, like the Turtles' voice cast did. Do I really have to explain what I mean? You know, like, expressions that genuinely convey anger or fear as opposed to blank faces or mild eyebrow movement. Voices that rather than just becoming louder, are backed by those feelings, voices which have changes in tonality, in pitch. They're staler than WW2 ration crackers, my dude.

I cannot wrap my head around you thinking we live in a universe where Viacom pays people to ensure that their human leads in the breakout films of an immensely popular money-making franchise don't do anything more than look (passably) good. Considering the way April O'neil has been pushed in the 3 new iterations, its safe to say that her heavy involvement has been developed/pushed by Viacom, so they didn't have the whole "Shredder's cronies killed my daddy so I have to be the one who kills him" bit in the first film just for kicks. They, whoever they is, wanted to give her an arc, something that starts off with a tug of the heart strings & resolves with a "YEAH!" when she gets her revenge. & with Casey you're supposed to see the rage & sadness of a guy whose childhood dreams, ego, & professional reputation get crushed simultaneously. The characters are generally shallow, no question, but do these denote a cardboard performance? They were obviously, however poorly, intended to be "deep", & one would think somebody, somewhere, hoped the performances would put that across. You think a director or someone else of more powerful creative influence is sitting there like "Yeah, we like how they're written, but they need to be flat as possible on-screen."? You think there's a chance those two actors really wanted to get experimental with their roles, to go all out & give compelling performances, but got shot down by the latest Bay-For-Hire at the license holders behest? You think they have the ability to pull that off in the first place, were they not prevented in this hypothetical scenario? If Green or anyone else told them to dial it back, it would only be because they're not capable of delivering whatever it was they attempted beyond what we saw in the final cuts.

Yes, the #1 issue is how it was written. But the point is, they all suck, the writers, most of the cast, probably the directors/producers. Would Steve Barron have gotten a good April/Casey out of these two, with or without different material? Really? Really?

Why you would dismiss a wide-scale dislike for their casting & subsequent performances as being "fanboy rage" & have faith in these C- at best tier talents is absolutely beyond me. I could see one of your "plants" making that argument, but you?

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-04-2016, 04:38 AM
I hope for the Earth getting attacked by Triceratons if a third film is produced, not just a few but large-scale orbital bombardment from Triceraton spacecraft.

Jephael
11-04-2016, 05:20 AM
Casey Jones and April O'Neil aren't Shakespeare and neither role necessarily requires anything remotely approaching A-list actors or actresses. Technically both Fox and Amell are way more accomplished right now than either Hoag or Koteas were in 1990. If Amell was Amell and Fox was Fox in 1990, TMNT 1990 would have been lucky to grab them.

By that logic we shouldn't put any of the TMNT characters on a high pedestal, not even Shredder or the Turtles themselves.

Andrew NDB
11-04-2016, 11:32 AM
By that logic we shouldn't put any of the TMNT characters on a high pedestal

In terms of who does the voices? I couldn't care less who does the voices. Only thing I'd care about is making sure they use trained martial artists for the mo-cap.

not even Shredder

Shredder should have a pretty decent name attached to it. He's the singular "arch villain," so he kind of needs to be able to carry that.

11-04-2016, 12:39 PM
I still think the producers should attempt to make a third film, then talk about reboot if they want.

ColinStein
11-04-2016, 07:18 PM
I'd also like to see a third. They were trying to set up something, I'm interested in at least seeing what they want to do. But then again, I'm a huge fan of 2007. Is that liked around here?

Jephael
11-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I couldn't care less who does the voices. Only thing I'd care about is making sure they use trained martial artists for the mo-cap.

That pretty much sums up the difference between you and me, dude. You're all into the action and fighting. I'm in it for the characters' personalities and how they behave like ordinary people when not in combat. There has to be a balance between the two.

Powder
11-04-2016, 10:17 PM
I'm a huge fan of 2007. Is that liked around here?

Definitely liked, yeah. Not many love it necessarily, but the general consensus is that it was good, just a bit muddied up by too many plots at once.

Leolead
11-05-2016, 01:19 AM
The more I think about it, the more I feel an IDW-inspired TMNT film is the way to go. It'd still be the polar-opposite of the Bay films but all of the elements and characters like Krang, B&R, Stockman etc done right and updated for more mature story-telling. I feel like it balances all of the elements really well.

Andrew NDB
11-05-2016, 01:19 AM
That pretty much sums up the difference between you and me, dude. You're all into the action and fighting. I'm in it for the characters' personalities and how they behave like ordinary people when not in combat. There has to be a balance between the two.

That's... not even remotely what I was saying or implying.

Having a bad day?

Leolead
11-05-2016, 01:28 AM
This might be what we need.

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets/IDW-TMNT-08_Cover-A_Duncan.jpg

[large image]

11-05-2016, 05:31 AM
This might be what we need.

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets/IDW-TMNT-08_Cover-A_Duncan.jpg

[large image]

I don' think Baxter Stockman's mouser-robots can carry an entire film. Baxter Stockman can do it as a mad scientist, and he can use mouser-robots partly. But he also needs some more Earth-conquest plans.

Jephael
11-05-2016, 05:58 AM
That's... not even remotely what I was saying or implying.

Hey that's what I got outta your last statement. Take it or leave it.

Having a bad day?

This coming from the guy making a face in his avatar like he's passing a large kidney stone.

Candy Kappa
11-05-2016, 06:14 AM

Which is weird that that is what you read out of that post.

neatoman
11-05-2016, 07:03 AM

This coming from the guy making a face in his avatar like he's passing a large kidney stone.

...Gross...

Technogeek29
11-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Hey guys how's it goin- oh...
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fire_community.gif

Vegita-San
11-05-2016, 09:02 AM

that pretty much sums up the entire net these days.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-05-2016, 09:15 AM

If you think this is bad, you should see when we really get mad at each other.

ToTheNines
11-05-2016, 11:38 AM
When's the last time Jeff made a post that wasn't a desperate cry for Andrew's attention? Late 2014?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 11:42 AM
When's the last time Jeff made a post that wasn't a desperate cry for Andrew's attention? Late 2014?

It's a sad bromance gone wrong.

Don't let us ever get to that point, Nines. I can change, I swear!!!

Jephael
11-05-2016, 02:58 PM

Um, no actually you got it backwards. I'm just trying to have a thought provoking conversation with him in regards to the TMNT, but then he takes it personal when I call him out on his opinions and then takes a potshot like his previous comment (in other words he's the one crying for my attention). I try not to retaliate and instead attempt to make a humerus comeback and STILL get grief for it!!! So I guess I'm better off keeping my f*cking mouth shut!!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Um, no actually you got it backwards. I'm just trying to have a thought provoking conversation with him in regards to the TMNT, but then he takes it personal when I call him out on his opinions and then takes a potshot like his previous comment (in other words he's the one crying for my attention). I try not to retaliate and instead attempt to make a humerus comeback and STILL get grief for it!!! So I guess I'm better off keeping my f*cking mouth shut!!!

No, actually, it's not backwards.

YOU'RE the one who brings him up. You look desperate. Stop it.

Also, leave bones out of your comebacks. :trazz:

Jephael
11-05-2016, 03:09 PM
leave bones out of your comebacks.

Um what? I don't even get what that means. Then again, I don't think I wanna know anyway. But you know what? You're right, he's not worth it. F*ck it all! This is the exact same kinda petty crap that drove poor Leo insane.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Um what? I don't even get what that means. Then again, I don't think I wanna know anyway. But you know what? You're right, he's not worth it. F*ck it all! This is the exact same kinda petty crap that drove poor Leo insane.

You're still doing it. Let it go. Breathe. Make like Elsa, except without the dress. You'd look terrible in it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humerus

Jephael
11-05-2016, 03:13 PM
You're still doing it. Let it go. Breathe. Make like Elsa, except without the dress. You'd look terrible in it.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/humerus

I'm more of an Olaf kinda guy anyway, but I get your point. Thanks, dude.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm more of an Olaf kinda guy anyway, but I get your point. Thanks, dude.

BUT DID YOU GET THE JOKE!!!???

... You didn't, did you? :tsad:

Jephael
11-05-2016, 03:19 PM
BUT DID YOU GET THE JOKE!!!???

... You didn't, did you? :tsad:

What the bone thing? I'm still not exactly sure what you were intending to show me with that link.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 03:20 PM
what the bone thing? I'm still not exactly sure what you were intending to show me with that link.

Jephael
11-05-2016, 03:30 PM

Sounds like you need a taste of your own medicine :tlol:
http://www.jg3fitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Let-it-Go-.jpg

Metalwolf
11-05-2016, 05:38 PM
I try not to retaliate and instead attempt to make a humerus comeback and STILL get grief for it!!!

What the bone thing? I'm still not exactly sure what you were intending to show me with that link.A humerus is an arm bone.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 05:42 PM
A humerus is an arm bone.

Shhhhhhhhh. Let Merriam-Webster speak for itself.

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Thank Jeebus there won't be any more of these horrid movies. Maybe in the future we'll actually get some better ones .

Coola Yagami
11-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Thank Jeebus there won't be any more of these horrid movies. Maybe in the future we'll actually get some better ones .

This. So much this.

IndigoErth
11-07-2016, 06:12 PM
“but I wouldn’t say there’s never going to be another ‘Turtles’ movie.”

http://www.active.com/Assets/Outdoors/ghost-stories-460.jpg

And then...

...the 'evil Bay machine' spit out another movie... that was technically the 3rd with much of the same characters and designs, but existed outside the 2014/16 continuity!

http://i.imgur.com/mjKv71H.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SqODKYc.jpg?1

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 08:53 PM
I think that President Gerald Ford's famous words regarding the great Richard Milhous Nixon are appropriate here: “My fellow Earthicans, our long national nightmare is over.”
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/CrazyJustin1904/nixon-futurama.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwlsv0U0LjEU-J21FSLCrz-T-6EmWpAeKjHcVMc5s5MvVox98R

Allio
11-08-2016, 01:05 AM

that doesn't really have to do with voices though; plus, body language is just as important.

THGhost
11-10-2016, 06:00 PM
I'd also like to see a third. They were trying to set up something, I'm interested in at least seeing what they want to do. But then again, I'm a huge fan of 2007. Is that liked around here?

*Checks sig*

Certainly not by me, but others here definitely do like it. :tthumbsu:

ColinStein
11-11-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm a big fan of 2007. You're not entirely alone.

THGhost
11-12-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm a big fan of 2007. You're not entirely alone.

No no no, I'm saying I'm not a fan of the 2007 movie. At all. :P

The Boston Ninja Turtle
11-16-2016, 02:48 PM
back from the shadows of Boston

been around just lurking, but I will say this doesn't surprise me. if you look at the timeline between theatrical and home video release..you can see it coming

and i didn't think it was as bad as the first...still not good but it was a little better, designs even began to grow on me

RaphaelinSTL
12-12-2016, 03:39 PM
I'm happy this version of the live action series is no more. The first one is really bad and while the second one is a little bit more enjoyable just based on fan service alone, it's still not a good movie and too stupid for it's own good.

I'm hoping they don't go an animated route for the next movie and try to do something live action with a little bit more of a vision behind it...but we'll see. At least Bay Turtles are done for the time being. Give another production company a go this time.

Andrew NDB
12-12-2016, 03:45 PM
the second one is a little bit more enjoyable just based on fan service alone

Is that what we're calling it?

Klunk1234
12-12-2016, 06:57 PM
I hope some good director and producers treats the TMNT franchise the way, we, the fans want it. The second movie wasn't that bad, but with Michael Bay in it, no one wants it to watch it. The good news is no more "shrek" Mikey and no more "Steve Urkel" Donnie:tgrin:

sgtfbomb
12-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Personally, I hope they ground it a little more. I'm not saying they should go full-Nolan or go as dark as say Captain America: Civil War. But give weight to the Turtles. Emotionally and physically.

Don't make them bullet-proof. Keep their stunts grounded and real, free flowing but not impossible stunts. Go back to the Japanese origins. Maybe even amp that up a bit.

Cast April better. Give her spunk and fortitude. Make her bright. Last time around, they cast her like they were casting a Maxim spread, not a person. I remember some turds defending it, like Megan Fox was some sort of superstar name that was going to draw in audiences. And that was the logic stated. It was dumb logic.

I kind of want that green against brick, more urban vibe. More nighttime fights.

IndigoErth
01-10-2017, 01:34 PM
So if there is no chance for a 3rd, then when do we (who ever the 'we' are) dismantle the lair and sell off props from both? Because, the movies be damned, both of those lairs were packed full with enough stuff to give plenty of fans the opportunity to own a piece of a Turtle lair.

Also curious where their two vehicles will end up at this point.

Wish they'd done these films better and were popular enough to make it worth moving it all to Universal Studios (or some such place) and recreate/put it back together for a walk through attraction...

Vegita-San
01-10-2017, 01:37 PM
I hope some good director and producers treats the TMNT franchise the way, we, the fans want it. The second movie wasn't that bad, but with Michael Bay in it, no one wants it to watch it. The good news is no more "shrek" Mikey and no more "Steve Urkel" Donnie:tgrin:

the only person who kept tmnt tmnt , imho for the most part, is peter laird. no one else cared enough about it to keep it status quo or not to put their own stamp on it.

TigerClaw
01-10-2017, 02:43 PM
the only person who kept tmnt tmnt , imho for the most part, is peter laird. no one else cared enough about it to keep it status quo or not to put their own stamp on it.
I think the IDW comics have been keeping TMNT TMNT for quite sometime.

ToTheNines
01-10-2017, 03:15 PM
You don't even read them.

snake
01-10-2017, 04:10 PM

Didn't pay him enough.

Vegita-San
01-10-2017, 04:11 PM
yes, the idw comics too....

CyberCubed
01-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Goddamn it, this thread needs to be locked.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-10-2017, 06:13 PM

Didn't pay him enough.

:tlol: :tlol: :tlol:

Coola Yagami
01-10-2017, 08:06 PM

You are hilarious.

IndigoErth
01-10-2017, 08:11 PM
Locked? Only if you remain locked inside it.

Andrew NDB
01-10-2017, 08:53 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder971/500x/35648971.jpg

IndigoErth
01-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Why did I immediately think of the chanting 'plug it up' in the locker room scene in Carrie... o.O lol

Oh and the Image is blurry, but here's a Valentine movie slipcover I just saw at Walmart. Whether it's the perfect gift for your true love[r of Turtles] or someone you just want to torture, that's your call. :trazz:

http://i.imgur.com/AE8SLr1.jpg

01-11-2017, 03:28 PM

There are different opinions, but definately accepted and not bashed for the sake of bashing, and cosidered OK even among those who aren't fans of it.

TurtleWA
01-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Locked? Only if you remain locked inside it.

Something like this I imagine.

01-11-2017, 04:00 PM
It's a shame if Shredder just remains frozen by Krang, without any third film.

DarkFell
01-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Oh and the Image is blurry, but here's a Valentine movie slipcover I just saw at Walmart. Whether it's the perfect gift for your true love[r of Turtles] or someone you just want to torture, that's your call. :trazz:

http://i.imgur.com/AE8SLr1.jpg
Hey Bry, where's your big-lipped Rocksteady picture at? Your picture would be perfect for looking at the Wal-Mart Valentines Day themed OoTS 'idea'. :tlol:

01-21-2017, 04:08 AM
I still want a third film, since three films were originally planned.

neatoman
01-21-2017, 04:18 AM
I still want a third film, since three films were originally planned.

They projected a trilogy, I'm not sure they had any real plans for the story though. Does anyone think that's actually the case though? Does anyone believe that, if they got a third one greenlit, they even knew where to take it?

01-21-2017, 04:37 AM
They projected a trilogy, I'm not sure they had any real plans for the story though. Does anyone think that's actually the case though? Does anyone believe that, if they got a third one greenlit, they even knew where to take it?

I don't know. Maybe Triceratons?

IndigoErth
01-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Or just make it its own direct to video one shot unconnected with the first two. Some well thought out little adventure for them, happening in a time frame where Shredder is simply a passing thought because they have no clue what became of him (but remain vigilant with the expectation that he may turn up again one day), and the story doesn't drown itself or its potential in a desperate attempt to be an over the top spectacle.

I dunno... Maybe do a Rat King story. But make it somewhat horror-like. Perhaps someone on that police force from the second film has been investigating something (maybe presumably unrelated) and noticed hints of something weird going on and these police allies reach out to the Turtles about it. (After some of their cops haven't returned from further investigating?) Get April back into a reporting job and go about acting like an actual reporter to bring the story later to the public. (As opposed to finding reasons to strut around in school girl skirts. Replace Fox if you just can't get a serious character out of her.)

edit: Rat King probably has more potential room for coming up with things to do with him that won't step on toes as much as, say, getting Shredder or other 'big bads' "wrong" in some way.

FredWolfLeonardo
01-21-2017, 02:20 PM
If there was a third film, Id prefer it dwell on the subject of Hamato Yoshi since he has no role In the first two films. It should have the aesthetics of oots while having the pacing of the first film.

Think of it like this, Splinter as a rat was once owned by Hamato Yoshi, who was a rival of Saki like other incarnations. However, Splinter had to be adopted by Aprils father after he was killed by saki. Aprils Father however was unaware that his parter (Eric Sacks) was working under the same Shredder who killed his friend.

This movie should have Shredder and Krang allied throughout instead of Shredder just being thrown away at the end. No April schoolgirl scene, No Casey Jones, no Laura Liney and no need for the mutagen subplot that was already dealt with in the second. That will free up alot of runtime that would allow the film to focus more on character development. Too bad the film will never happen but I think it would've been interesting to see how it would've turned out