PDA

View Full Version : Video Games You've Never Won

justforapic
11-01-2016, 10:43 PM
I've been playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for years. Just when I get out of Jabu-Jabu's belly, I get kind of stuck in the Forest Temple. Doesn't help that my N64 doesn't work anymore, and I have to start from the beginning on Wii U Virtual Console, I mean eShop as it is called now.

DarkFell
11-01-2016, 11:54 PM
The Forest Temple mission is relatively easy to complete compared to the Shadow Temple. You basically need the Lens of Truth just to survive certain areas within the Shadow Temple.

The Water Temple requires a lot of patience and some whirlpool dodging skill (or just wear the Steel Boots to keep from getting sucked into the whirlpools.)

The funny thing is - I can beat OoT. Buuut knowing me, I wanna to complete the various side-quests before facing Ganondorf (i.e. Poe hunting, freeing the elder Skultella brother from his curse, Gerudo archery, ect.)

I need to save some $$ for another N64 to replace the one that burned out.

Wildcat
11-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Well for many years I could never beat Earthworm Jim 3D. I got stuck on the boss Fatty Roswell. Which if you're familiar with the game you know what I mean. It borders on the game cheating.

I went back to it a few times, never deleting the save file and one day like 5 or 6 years ago I finally beat it and was able to move on with the rest of the game. I was so happy I finally finished. It was just one of those games...it just haunted me.

justforapic
11-02-2016, 01:08 AM
The Forest Temple mission is relatively easy to complete compared to the Shadow Temple. You basically need the Lens of Truth just to survive certain areas within the Shadow Temple.

The Water Temple requires a lot of patience and some whirlpool dodging skill (or just wear the Steel Boots to keep from getting sucked into the whirlpools.)

The funny thing is - I can beat OoT. Buuut knowing me, I wanna to complete the various side-quests before facing Ganondorf (i.e. Poe hunting, freeing the elder Skultella brother from his curse, Gerudo archery, ect.)

I need to save some $$ for another N64 to replace the one that burned out.

Thank you for the tips.

ProactiveMan
11-02-2016, 03:12 AM
Well for many years I could never beat Earthworm Jim 3D. I got stuck on the boss Fatty Roswell. Which if you're familiar with the game you know what I mean. It borders on the game cheating.

I went back to it a few times, never deleting the save file and one day like 5 or 6 years ago I finally beat it and was able to move on with the rest of the game. I was so happy I finally finished. It was just one of those games...it just haunted me.

Man I know exactly what you mean. I thought Psy-Crow was cheap, but I'm not sure I ever played it again after wiping out on Fatty Roswell.

Iroh
11-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Earthworm Jim for the SNES!! Uugh!:x

justforapic
11-02-2016, 01:35 PM
Earthworm Jim must be a hard series. I have played a few of them, but it was years ago.

Battletoads is extremely hard, but now for anyone who wants to play through the game there is a rewind button on the Rare Replay version.

Icebot
11-02-2016, 04:49 PM
I never beat the first TMNT for NES (I did with game genie though).

I never finished Zelda 2 for NES.

MikeandRaph87
11-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1989) NES. Hard as heck and not as interesting as the three that came afterward.

Super Mario 2(1988 ). I couldn't very far in the different concept game. Super Mario (1985) is a worthy challenge of an elementary school student and even an adult,but I appreciated Super Mario 3 went back to the original's format.

XERO
11-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Majora's Mask for me. I don't do too well with timed games. Plus that moon creeped me the f*ck out. Not to mention the temples are probably the most complex in a Zelda series.

snake
11-02-2016, 08:17 PM
"Stop the Goku"

World's hardest game

Wildcat
11-02-2016, 10:31 PM
Man I know exactly what you mean. I thought Psy-Crow was cheap, but I'm not sure I ever played it again after wiping out on Fatty Roswell.Ya everywhere I've seen it talked about a lot of people agree it's the hardest part of the game. The final boss is not even as hard.

The A.I. for that particular fight is just ridiculous. Good game in general though imo. Especially if you're an EWJ fan.

oldmanwinters
11-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Battletoads on NES. Never was able to climb the Dark Queen's Tower. Came close a couple times though, but there's a section where if you die once, you'll probably drop another couple of lives due to some frustrating respawn placements.

ssjup81
11-03-2016, 01:43 AM
I hate to admit it, but I could never beat the first three Mario Bros games...for the NES. The SNES was easier only because it had a save feature.

CyberCubed
11-03-2016, 01:47 AM
Everything is beatable these days outside of hard NES games.

Wildcat
11-04-2016, 03:06 AM
I've seen some people complain that games are no longer challenging but when you think about it most games have normal difficulty. It just doesn't take as long because of save files. Which is better. No point in having to restart stages or something. If you've done it once you've already proven you can do it.

Then there are certain games that are specifically designed and are known for being harder on purpose. I don't care for those types. I prefer games to be challenging but still fair. I understand some like brutal challenges which is fine but after a certain point it stops being fun for me.

I absolutely hate the Boss Rush. They're annoying and cheap. If you can't think of anything different to add before a final objective then don't. Replaying multiple bosses in a row just-because is stupid. So many games do this.

Also I don't think every game's point is to be really challenging. Sometimes it's just about having a fantasy experience. It's just meant to be enjoyed like an interactive movie.

Allio
11-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Xenoverse 1 (and now that I have XV2, I doubt I will return)
Corpse Party: book of Shadows (I love visual novels as much as the next guy, but all the reading can get tedious

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Some of you haven't been able be the first NES TMNT game? I beat that a WHILE ago. It didn't give me much trouble.

Spike Spiegel
11-07-2016, 06:41 PM
I never got 100 percent in Arkham Knight. Those Riddler races are awful.

I've never beaten a single GTA game, even though I own five of them.

Also Chrono Trigger--which I like tremendously, but lose interest in after playing it for a certain amount of time.

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I've never beaten a single GTA game, even though I own five of them.

Not even the main story? Obviously most people don't 100% everything, but getting through the main story is only like 30 hours or so.