PDA

View Full Version : Customs by MONSTERHJERNE

Monsterhjerne
11-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi all, great to finally be a part of this awesome forum! I'm a freelance illustrator/designer who does custom figures on the side. Here you will be able to follow all of my TMNT work - check out the illustration section as well I also do a lot of sketching. Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask me anything :-D

Cheers

-Flemming

Monsterhjerne
11-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Considering the last- this was the obvious way to go. Base figures same as the above. Dio was scratch built and everything was airbrushed bright white. A really cool companion piece to the B/W Turtles set.

Monsterhjerne
11-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Now for something different - When I was a kid I would always be disappointed with the paintjobs, or rather lack of, in most of my figures. I decided to clean up an old Pizzaface. Nothing crazy here, I just painted in all the sculpted details. No washes, just solid colors. Really pops now.

Leonardo_thebest
11-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Oh man those are rocking!

joefsas
11-04-2016, 02:09 AM
The pizzaface rocks dude!

Davin
11-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Nice work man!

Monsterhjerne
11-04-2016, 04:33 PM
THANKS A LOT GUYS :-D Been seeing some pretty cool stuff in here, so the kudos goes a long way. Just finished this piece today: A (not so) simple paintswap on April. Always wanted to see what that prototype might look like, so decided to give it a go. Made a custom dio from some plastic and foam pieces. Put a little shuriken in the pavement to add some fun detail. Real happy with this one. Hope you like!

Cheers
Flemming

Galoob23
11-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Very cool and inspiring stuff man!

DarkFell
11-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Both the Splinter and April O'Neil customs look really good man. Kudos.

Blomberg
11-16-2016, 08:01 AM
Nice job on Shredder! I also like your Bebop and Rocksteady figures!

Monsterhjerne
11-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Nice job on Shredder! I also like your Bebop and Rocksteady figures!

thank you, sir! Yeah that Shredder really shines - even though I am super thrilled with the official relase with the foots, there is this small nagging part of me that keeps wanting me to shimmy the custom one up with the rest - I try to keep my "official" stuff seperated from the customs, but this guy is seriously jedi-mind tricking me... Thansk again

3Jane
11-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Love this one!
You can tell the vintage stuff was so wacky and they had lots of fun sculpting these.
So detailed.

Monsterhjerne
11-28-2016, 02:13 AM
Love this one!
You can tell the vintage stuff was so wacky and they had lots of fun sculpting these.
So detailed.

Thanks a lot :-D Yeah I really love those old scuplts - they are so much fun to paint. I got lots more coming up - currently finishing up good old Leatherhead to go along :-D

Monsterhjerne
12-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Speaking of oldies - got this one done -fully repainted Leatherhead. Did a lighter underbelly just to try something a little different. I think it came out pretty good. Thanks for watching!

Monsterhjerne
12-13-2016, 04:39 PM
and why stop now :-D Krang coming up - same as the others, yada yada. More coming :-) Thanks for looking.

Powder
12-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Wonderful repaints! I especially like how Krang's bubble walker came out. Really helps to bring out the detail of the sculpt.

Monsterhjerne
12-13-2016, 05:25 PM
Wonderful repaints! I especially like how Krang's bubble walker came out. Really helps to bring out the detail of the sculpt.

So much good stuff in those guys :-D Thanks a lot!

Freeman
12-14-2016, 01:49 AM
Absolutely fantastic job, specially the NECA line characters.
Keep it up man!!

Monsterhjerne
12-18-2016, 04:34 AM
Absolutely fantastic job, specially the NECA line characters.
Keep it up man!!

Thank you very much :-) Yeah the Necas are my favs as well - but that linework is a pain every time - Currently working on a new Splinter and a Casey Jones to go along, can't wait to see how they turn out. Cheers!

Raph
12-18-2016, 04:46 AM
Wow, really great re-paints and sculpts. I ve the NECA versions, Splinter is awesome!

Monsterhjerne
12-25-2016, 06:15 AM
Hi all, happy hollidays :-D more Vintage TMNT, so here is Traag.
I Tried to break up his sculpt a little bit with different browns. Still going mostly solid with the colors and also added some differences in his greys. Really loved seing the lizard and cobwebs on his back come to life, so much fun sculpt again like Pizzaface. I Used a colorscheme for the weapons, similar to the ones from the cartoon. Added a small belt strap for is knife so he could carry it with him. All in all good fun :-D

tipet
12-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Great work man!! Hope to see more repaints from you, and WIP pictures :D.

Monsterhjerne
12-31-2016, 04:34 AM
Great work man!! Hope to see more repaints from you, and WIP pictures :D.

Thank you so much ! Got a few more in the pipeline, but I wil be taking a break from TMNT for a while now and do some StarWars stuff that has been piling up. But will do more later. You can follow me on facebook, that's where I post my WIPs if you are curious :-D

TurtleManiac
01-04-2017, 11:07 PM
Very cool repaints! The red hands on Krang's walker looks good, and Leatherhead's accessories look much better now.

Monsterhjerne
01-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Very cool repaints! The red hands on Krang's walker looks good, and Leatherhead's accessories look much better now.

Thank you very much! A big fan of your work as well!

Monte Williams
03-28-2017, 07:32 PM
I hope you have updates to share soon. The before-and-after comparisons are essential, 'cause our memories of the vintage figures are sometimes too flattering; we need to see the original toy and your repaint side by side to really grasp how significantly you've transformed them.

steve2477
04-01-2017, 05:33 AM
I love that Splinter.

Monsterhjerne
04-14-2017, 06:14 AM
Thanks a lot guys! Will be back with some repaints really soon - but I have been using the last 3 months on something rather cool. Will be back really soon I hope :-D You can follow me on facebook Customs by Monsterhjerne for more info.

Shreddhead
04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Love the Before and After pics!

Splint'r
04-23-2017, 04:34 AM
Beautiful work! Really nice to see all those sculpted details pop!

Monsterhjerne
09-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Woohoo! Finally I can show this bad boy off - been working on this for all of this year. I'll come back in some time with a describtion of work or you can check out my fb page @customsmonsterhjerne for info.

Fully articulated custom Master Splinter in Mirage Comics NECA style.
Cast in all white, handpainted and sealed against wear.
Includes walking cane and ooze pool with removable T.C.R.I. canister.

all work and pics by me.

Monsterhjerne
09-29-2017, 01:03 PM
more pics...

inaheap
09-29-2017, 01:23 PM
NICE!!! I think this is the best Master Splinter custom I have seen.

METALHEAD
09-29-2017, 02:03 PM
awesome work.:tgrin:

Monsterhjerne
09-30-2017, 06:30 AM
Thanks, you guys! Really appreciate it!

Check out this comic setup - shows how he can pose and stuff. Thanks for looking!

Tartaruhga Muhtante
09-30-2017, 08:14 AM
First up here is a custom Splinter I did some years ago. Many have done the same one, using the 2007 animated figure as a base. Not much to add here. I sanded off the shoulderguards, trimmed beard, sculpted new, and sculpted the cane. Paints were Citadel. I tried to keep it really clean to match the original NECAs.

You have the step-by-step of this custom work? I would love see that.

Monsterhjerne
09-30-2017, 08:47 AM
You have the step-by-step of this custom work? I would love see that.

If you can, check out my fb feed, if you go back there until start of the year, you can scroll through - I post a lot in there ;-)

DestronMirage22
10-01-2017, 01:17 AM
That is one seriously amazing custom!!
Time well spent, it turned out fantastic!
:D

Galoob23
10-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Woohoo! Finally I can show this bad boy off - been working on this for all of this year. I'll come back in some time with a describtion of work or you can check out my fb page @customsmonsterhjerne for info.

Fully articulated custom Master Splinter in Mirage Comics NECA style.
Cast in all white, handpainted and sealed against wear.
Includes walking cane and ooze pool with removable T.C.R.I. canister.

all work and pics by me.

Wow man, that’s great!!!!! What base figure did you use for the Splinter body?

Monsterhjerne
10-04-2017, 01:10 PM
Wow man, that’s great!!!!! What base figure did you use for the Splinter body?

All was resculpted and re-cast, so looking back I could really have used anything. Parts was so taken apart by the end, that it made no difference.

But basebody (torso, feet, head, tail) was 2004 Animated Splinter. Heavily altered.
Sleeves was LOTR Gandalf, hollowed out and fitted with NECA turtle shoulders inside.
All joints were from NBA Hero figure, but any ML would do I guess. Did not know I was recasting it so I went for joints that were cast brown, hence the NBA-dude.
Hands from WWF-fgure - only used 3 fingers, scaled pretty well with the proportions.
Torso was hollowed out and fitting on top of a NECA Turle waist and butt. Also used his thighs, sculpted over.

Lower skirt was also from Gandalf - cut to 4 pieces and sculpted together in different configuration.

Galoob23
10-04-2017, 01:38 PM
All was resculpted and re-cast, so looking back I could really have used anything. Parts was so taken apart by the end, that it made no difference.

But basebody (torso, feet, head, tail) was 2004 Animated Splinter. Heavily altered.
Sleeves was LOTR Gandalf, hollowed out and fitted with NECA turtle shoulders inside.
All joints were from NBA Hero figure, but any ML would do I guess. Did not know I was recasting it so I went for joints that were cast brown, hence the NBA-dude.
Hands from WWF-fgure - only used 3 fingers, scaled pretty well with the proportions.
Torso was hollowed out and fitting on top of a NECA Turle waist and butt. Also used his thighs, sculpted over.

Lower skirt was also from Gandalf - cut to 4 pieces and sculpted together in different configuration.

Great stuff man!! I wanted to make a custom Mirage Splinter for a while and you kickstarted my project. I can only hope it will be half as great as your Splinter! Simply amazing dude!

Monsterhjerne
10-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Great stuff man!! I wanted to make a custom Mirage Splinter for a while and you kickstarted my project. I can only hope it will be half as great as your Splinter! Simply amazing dude!

YES MAN! Way to go - if you are on fb I'¨ve got tons of WIP there, tried to post some here, but seems I'm outta space here :-/ Maybe I have to clear out a couple of the old ones. Anywas - feel free to shoot me a message, if you ever need some pointers! Never tried anything like this before, so if I can do i, so can you! Best of luck, mate!

Monsterhjerne
12-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Hi y'all! Finally got this bad boy done - pretty much a repeat of the B/w ones, but this one is now in full color. Dyed the resin and painted his fur, also molded and cast one of the original dioparts to go along. Finished him off with a little rat to truly match the clamshell release. Up on Ebay now!

Ninturtle
12-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Wow, incredible. Probably the best mirage Splinter customs I've seen.

Meow
12-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Wo-aahhh!! :teek:
This is not only the best Splinter I have ever seen as a figure - this is actually such a beautiful act of art. I'd love to see WIP pics. Also a big up for the comic pictures - they come out so great making me at first suspect real comic strips in the preview pictures :tgrin:

Monsterhjerne
12-11-2017, 06:36 AM
Wow, incredible. Probably the best mirage Splinter customs I've seen.

wow Thaaanks :-D So glad you like him!

Monsterhjerne
12-11-2017, 06:41 AM
Wo-aahhh!! :teek:
This is not only the best Splinter I have ever seen as a figure - this is actually such a beautiful act of art. I'd love to see WIP pics. Also a big up for the comic pictures - they come out so great making me at first suspect real comic strips in the preview pictures :tgrin:

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it. Also love that comic, had a blast making it. Was just goofing around with the photosetup and realized it could be turned into a mini comic afterwards. And when putting it together I kind of just put the captions in as I went along. When I reached the last page it actually was kind of cool, lol.

If you use Facebook, check out my page there - tons of wips on this entire process. Either check timeline or go to albums.

Monsterhjerne
12-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Just notriced I never posted the finished package for B/W Splinter. Used the bootleg ones as a template and created my own artwok on top, using the original comics and artwork. I work as an illustrator, so this was right up my alley. Finished it off with some of my own illustrations on the front and back. A nice little extra touch. Hope you like it!

Meow
12-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Hope you like it!
Entirely!!

wpugh2424
12-12-2017, 06:34 PM
That a rad custom
Good work man

Plasticplayhouse
12-30-2017, 09:37 AM
great custom and really love the packaging!

Coro
01-17-2018, 12:38 PM
Hi y'all! Finally got this bad boy done - pretty much a repeat of the B/w ones, but this one is now in full color. Dyed the resin and painted his fur, also molded and cast one of the original dioparts to go along. Finished him off with a little rat to truly match the clamshell release. Up on Ebay now!

Please send me a PM on how I can obtain one of these :)

Zachatello00
01-19-2018, 07:40 AM
simply incredible!

Monsterhjerne
01-23-2018, 03:35 PM
the final touch - customized clamshell package :-D

Coro
01-26-2018, 07:52 PM
the final touch - customized clamshell package :-D

Gorgeous!

more text