PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a made for TV movie for the series is a good idea?

Fishface
11-05-2016, 04:31 PM
What if they made a TV Movie after Season 5 and that will hopefully lead up to a Season 6.

CyberCubed
11-05-2016, 04:36 PM
It'll probably happen. Nick making TV movies is a thing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 04:41 PM
My personal op-ed, there's never been a good made-for-TV movie.

And yes, I'm including 4Kids' "Turtles Forever" in that.

CyberCubed
11-05-2016, 04:48 PM

Turtles Forever was critically acclaimed.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Turtles Forever was critically acclaimed.

Really? Actual, professional, paid critics gave it kudos?

Source please.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-05-2016, 04:59 PM
I would actually love a theatrical release of Nick tmnt, and from a business standpoint, not only would it be far cheaper to make than the PD films, maybe it would be more profitable.

But I'm happy with a made for TV movie as well.

Powder
11-05-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm all for it.

CyberCubed
11-05-2016, 05:22 PM
Really? Actual, professional, paid critics gave it kudos?

Source please.

Since Turtles Forever was a movie, it was actually reviewed on tons of different movie/animation/TV websites when it came out. It got all positive reviews.

And this is from sites that aren't hardcore TMNT fans, and probably never watched the 4kids cartoon.

PApagreg
11-05-2016, 06:37 PM
It'll probably happen. Nick making TV movies is a thing.

Nick hasn't made animated TV movies in years dude

Powder
11-05-2016, 07:00 PM
What an obnoxious signature.

Fishface
11-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Actually it would be cool to see a Quadtrilogy/4 part film series that focuses on all four turtles in each film, they just come after each season. One question should is, what is the plot going to be about? Any suggestions or ideas?

matteso586
11-05-2016, 07:36 PM
Nick hasn't made animated TV movies in years dude

What about Lost in the West?

PApagreg
11-05-2016, 09:55 PM
What about Lost in the West?

I said Animated movies

ABrown
11-05-2016, 10:48 PM

I don't think that Turtles Forever really even qualifies as a made for TV movie, since parts of the movie have to be edited out when it airs on television. The tv broadcast isn't the movie in its entirety.

Gin Rummy
11-06-2016, 12:56 AM
I always imagined that when the 2012 TMNT's run concluded, that Nick would end the show with a "Movie" which would run 90 minutes or so, and tie nice bow on the series as kind of a send off.

Jephael
11-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Whether they do one or not is cool with me. I'd love it if they were to do some crazy kinda crossover with Henry Danger and/or Thundermans or something like that, but then they'd have to make 3D character models of those actors, or even possible figure out a way to make the TMNT themselves appear in the real world.

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Yes! I think that it would be perfect given the fact that they would have a bigger time frame to put in what they want to and need to tell. These guys are fully capable of delivering quality goods but have struggled with time utilization for the last couple of seasons. I don't know if it would be as good a sendoff as "Return of the Joker" was for "Batman Beyond" (and the Timmverse Batman run in general) but it could come pretty close.

GoldMutant
11-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Yes! I think that it would be perfect given the fact that they would have a bigger time frame to put in what they want to and need to tell. These guys are fully capable of delivering quality goods but have struggled with time utilization for the last couple of seasons. I don't know if it would be as good a sendoff as "Return of the Joker" was for "Batman Beyond" (and the Timmverse Batman run in general) but it could come pretty close.

Dude! RotJ is practically one of, if not, my favorite Batman movie, glad someone brought it up here. :)

Either way, I agree; I'd say though with a good idea, it'd be a lot of fun and an enjoyable send off, perhaps more so than Turtles Forever. With each one hour episode, the creators have delivered well enough (except for Showdown and Battle for New York personally) so there'd be room for it.

However, the problem is this: would it be worth it? They've done practically everything now. Defeat the Krang (for now) and Triceratons? Check. Fight the Shredder one last time? Approaching it. Crossover with another Turtle team? Check and soon double check.

I can be proven wrong, but I think they've pulled enough off right now.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-07-2016, 11:22 AM

Okay, I've forgotten how good some of those Batman animated features were... SubZero, Phantasm, etc. :tlol: