PDA

View Full Version : Official Episode Discussion S4 Ep 20: Super Shredder

victory_angel
11-06-2016, 01:00 AM
At last, we are here! :tgrin: The Hiatus is over and we are graced with the Super Shredder at last.

Between the live reading at NYCC, the extended video clip of Karai's abduction, and the recent previews a lot has been spoiled. But not to the point of ruining the episode itself. These next three episodes are bound to be intense as the season slowly comes to a close.

Remember the episode will be aired at 9 AM this Sunday!

MarsicornYT
11-06-2016, 01:41 AM
I can't wait!! It's so close!

cartooncrazy4
11-06-2016, 01:55 AM
I'm waiting to see if it comes out on I tunes

MarsicornYT
11-06-2016, 02:08 AM
I'm waiting to see if it comes out on I tunes

It's on Itunes now!

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 02:52 AM
It's on Itunes now!

Which means i'll be avoiding here/Tumblr/Twitter for a few hours. This is one episode I don't want to see spoilers.

cookie jar
11-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Bradford watching his cartoon :lol:
And that cliffhanger ending...

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 07:32 AM
I've done so well at not looking at spoilers.

30 mins to go :D

Think i'll be like this during the episode :tcouch: and probably be like this at the end :cry:

oldmanwinters
11-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Ha, I just now realized it was coming on at 9EST instead of 11am. As if Daylights Saving Time wasn't confusing enough!

snake
11-06-2016, 07:44 AM
I can't believe I'm waking up this early lol

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 08:12 AM
Funniest moment so far, Rahzar chilling and watching his own show :lol:

ObiWanFan4life
11-06-2016, 08:15 AM
So upon seeing a giant roided out Shredder, Leo's first instinct is to try and run it over?

Haalix
11-06-2016, 08:21 AM
So intense!! :o

Redworld96
11-06-2016, 08:23 AM
Best line of The Super Shredder:
Razhar: I have always wanted to see a turtle without a shell
Mikey: You wanna see me naked? WEIRDOOOO

snake
11-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Holy sh*t that ending was perfect

Haalix
11-06-2016, 08:32 AM
I need the next episode and I need it now!

ObiWanFan4life
11-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Seriously, this might go down as one of my favorite episodes of the show. The stakes were personal, the action was intense and brutal, and it ends on a cliffhanger.

I just hope Part 2 is this good.

TurFlytle
11-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Splinter and Shredder survived. Watch the trailer again. Some scenes that had Splinter and Shredder in it that weren't in this episode show that they're fine.

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 08:42 AM
Oh my ****ing god!!!!!!! that was intense. :o

I want to watch the next episode right now.

Yoshimickster
11-06-2016, 08:49 AM
WE DIE TOGETHER SAKI!

So crazy....also, anyone else thinking Tiger Claw is slowly becoming Shredder's least effective henchman?

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Splinter and Shredder survived. Watch the trailer again. Some scenes that had Splinter and Shredder in it that weren't in this episode show that they're fine.

If you read the Darkest Plight episode description, it was pretty obvious that they were going to survive.

shredder orokusaki
11-06-2016, 08:54 AM
I KILLED HIM! I KILLED HIM!! FINALY!!!! NOW THE TURTLES CAN NOT SAVE HIM AGAIN BY TRAVELLING BACK IN TIME!! THIS TIME IS THE END OF SPLINTER!!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2d0kq6h.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ldhs10.png

Aaronardo
11-06-2016, 08:58 AM
I'm glad to see the show is finally getting itself back on track again. But screw Nickelodeon for moving it to 9am at Daylight Savings Time weekend. Like, c'mon.

Auman tends to write his best episodes when the episode is a lot more action-oriented than dialogue-oriented. This is one of those action-oriented episodes. I've been dreaming of seeing Super Shredder in this show since the end of Season 1, so I'm very happy to see that finally happen. Everyone's intact (except, obviously, April) in personality, therefore, a lot of the comedy in this episode got some pretty good laughs out of me ("Stupid cat!" "It's like the whole universe hates TV!!").

As pointed out before, this episode is incredibly intense. I was happy to see they weren't downplaying Super Shredder at all here. Without spoiling anything, (though it is hella hard to talk about this episode without spoilers) I really liked that ending. Though it's so clearly a fakeout and they're probably going to reverse it by the end of the next episode; since, if we know anything about this writing team, it's that they can't handle permanent change in this show, I still did enjoy watching it and it felt like a formidable way to handle these characters.

I watched The Invasion a couple nights ago. I hadn't done it in awhile and felt like I should. I remember pretty much geeking out and being kind of disappointed at all the things the show forgot about after that episode. But I mostly remember greatly enjoy it. I am so happy to say that for the first time since Tale of the Yokai, I felt like I was finally watching that same show again with this episode.

Best of the season. Hands down.

I KILLED HIM! I KILLED HIM!! FINALY!!!! NOW THE TURTLES CAN NOT SAVE HIM AGAIN BY TRAVELLING BACK IN TIME!! THIS TIME IS THE END OF SPLINTER!!

Holy butts, man, at least put those things under some spoiler tags. Damn.

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 08:59 AM

http://i66.tinypic.com/2d0kq6h.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ldhs10.png

You idiot, those pics are too big.

ObiWanFan4life
11-06-2016, 09:08 AM
I'm glad to see the show is finally getting itself back on track again. But screw Nickelodeon for moving it to 9am at Daylight Savings Time weekend. Like, c'mon.

Auman tends to write his best episodes when the episode is a lot more action-oriented than dialogue-oriented. This is one of those action-oriented episodes. I've been dreaming of seeing Super Shredder in this show since the end of Season 1, so I'm very happy to see that finally happen. Everyone's intact (except, obviously, April) in personality, therefore, a lot of the comedy in this episode got some pretty good laughs out of me ("Stupid cat!" "It's like the whole universe hates TV!!").

As pointed out before, this episode is incredibly intense. I was happy to see they weren't downplaying Super Shredder at all here. Without spoiling anything, (though it is hella hard to talk about this episode without spoilers) I really liked that ending. Though it's so clearly a fakeout and they're probably going to reverse it by the end of the next episode; since, if we know anything about this writing team, it's that they can't handle permanent change in this show, I still did enjoy watching it and it felt like a formidable way to handle these characters.

I watched The Invasion a couple nights ago. I hadn't done it in awhile and felt like I should. I remember pretty much geeking out and being kind of disappointed at all the things the show forgot about after that episode. But I mostly remember greatly enjoy it. I am so happy to say that for the first time since Tale of the Yokai, I felt like I was finally watching that same show again with this episode.

Best of the season. Hands down.

Holy butts, man, at least put those things under some spoiler tags. Damn.

Agreed. If only the beginning of Season 4 had this intensity and vehemence.

drgon78
11-06-2016, 09:13 AM
Great episode, but looks like a two parter, so have to wait a week and see.

TMNTInsighter
11-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Rating: B (4 out of 5 stars)

To say that Shredder is constantly referred to as the best villain of the TMNT franchise, usually isn't to praise the franchises Rogues Gallery, but to damn the other villains. The original is built for laughs (his most interesting aspect is his relationship with Krang), the 4Kids version is evil to the core surface material (both of them), and this new one is unsympathetic. Not that that's entirely a bad thing with regards to the latter.
This Shredder borrows from some of the more notable figures in Batman's gallery of villains (which is arguably the best Rogues Gallery out there), mostly with regards to self delusion and thus wishing to create the world around him and those in it into his image:
Like Mr. Freeze, he mourns the loss of someone he loved and thus seals himself in a suit that prevents him from any kinds of contact. Unlike Freeze, the loss of this person is largely his own and thus we feel free to distance ourselves as much as we desire. Like Two Face, there's a duality to him with regards of wanting to love and be loved; yet he came to scorn those who raised him, as well as the person he still holds as brother and thus ultimately leading to the death of the one person he loved most--the price of which is all over half of his face. Unlike Two Face, that skewered psychology is never fully explored. Like Maxie Zeus, Shredder sees and interacts with both the past and the present world in a different but no less rational way than we do (these delusions after all don't incapacitate him or interfere with his plans, whether successful or not). Unlike Maxie, these delusions are hardly ever played for laughs. And like Jervis Tetch, he loved someone (Tang Shen and later Karai) and was denied it by fate, thus he felt conspired against by fate and took by right and force (via brain worms in this case) what could only be an undeserved gift. Unlike Tetch, he has had none of our sympathy from the start.
Again, this isn't always a bad thing. We obviously don't want to confuse any of these villains with him and Auman, realizing this, takes away any notions we have of becoming attached to him both in psychology and action. How fortunate for the Shredder too that he is able to find some of the best henchmen on the market who will also share in his delusions, hitherto out of unquestioning loyalty or just plain fear. The end result is almost like Newton's third law of motion, where this series has arguably the best Shredder this franchise has had, yet it also won't deny us the satisfaction of an impending demise. And that's why this writer feels that "Tale of the Yokai" is such an important episode because without any of those glimpses into the past, any discussion comparing him to the aforementioned villains wouldn't be possible.
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. After all, I've always felt more that this version of Splinter and the Shredder best resemble the two women that King Solomon had to choose against in the Bible with regards to who was the mother of a child. Karai also has the potential to resemble Zeus, Mordred, Oedipus, etc. and other figures throughout time and fiction who have turned against and murdered their fathers (or those that once stood as their fathers).
Making her directorial debut, long time storyboard artist Rie Koga oversees Shredder's biggest humiliation yet as he is forced to become something he's always looked down on to feed his self delusions. She also is able to bring back images from past episodes of the series (and even old settings such as the sewer from "The Invasion II" and the city from "Of Rats and Men") before setting them on flames, thus reinforcing how much Shredder has lost via his own actions rather than others. Not only do both his family members get in on the hits but he's also initially forced to hold Shinigami's life over Karai's head in order to instill his wishes.
Actually, in that moment, one may once again be reminded of Newton's third law of motion. On the positive side, it shows just how much circumstances continue to eat away at Saki seeing as how Karai cares for a woman three episodes old more than the man who raised her. On the negative side, Shinigami (again only three episodes old) is reduced to a plot device with still little development. And by episode's end, poor Karai once again can't catch a break.
And yet that's what makes this episode work aside from Shredder's fractured yet unexplored psychology. The Foot Clan of New York in this series has functioned more like a twisted version of New York's Hamato Clan and just like in episodes such as "Vengeance is Mine", "The Invasion", etc.; it's always fun when their viewpoints, and not just the characters themselves, come into conflict. Both fight not only out of loyalty and integrity, but what they view as the high truth. And that's what makes going up against something as strong and (even more) unstoppable as the Super Shredder worth it. It also speaks to Koga's freshman direction that the action is expertly handled as well.

picassotheninjaturtle
11-06-2016, 10:26 AM
The Shredder was freaking BEAST in this episode.

Fang Wolf
11-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Best line of The Super Shredder:
Razhar: I have always wanted to see a turtle without a shell
Mikey: You wanna see me naked? WEIRDOOOO

:tthumbsu: :tthumbsu: :tthumbsu:
(This was Great episode...Look for to see the next one...)

Ninjinister
11-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Wall

Why is this 'review' only like 20% about the show at all and 5% about the episode?

Haalix
11-06-2016, 10:58 AM
This! This is the kind of episode that I want to see. Action packed, drama, suspense etc.
Also, finally I could laugh again in an episode. Especially glad Mikey didn't have the gross comedy anymore, eating digesting pizza or something. And Splinter when he threw that rock. :lol:

Hopefully the rest of the episodes are like this as well!

VaughnMichael
11-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Really great episode and I recognized the area right away that Splinter last faced the Ratking.
I was half way expecting him to pop up and mess things up for Splinter.
Unless of course they do bring him in like they did in the mirage comics and Splinter sees him the same way he did there as a ghost.
I think that would be really fantastic.

GoldMutant
11-06-2016, 11:18 AM
"Ahhhh, after ten thousand years it's back! It's time to review!" (Power Rangers has been on my mind as of late)

I often hate being the negative Nancy in terms of reviewing the show, but something just doesn't bode well for me at times. Dunno why, maybe because I miss certain stuff from Nick TMNT that was done before, but it certainly bothers me to a degree. Just wish there was more outside the typical "BANG! CRASH! BOOM!", which in this episode bears its ugly head badly.

Let me say this though, Super Shredder I friggen love as a concept. To quote Blazing Saddles, it's truly "the last desperate act of a man." When compared to his original incarnation in Secret of the Ooze, Super Shredder is by far much more dangerous. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can really beat him; it's by far the deadliest Shredder has been in the series, barring his bloodlust in Annihilation: Earth!. In addition, the Foot Clan barely talked in this episode, as if a serious chip on their shoulders came up after Baxter got his butt kicked in the cold opening.

Unfortunately, while SS is intense with destroying the competition, I can't say the same for his design. I mentioned it in the discussion thread, but to repeat: the design is too over the top and grotesque for my liking. Better than a taller Shredder arguably, but just not my forte.

If you can guess by what I've described thus far, the action is easily the best part of the episode. Although most scenes are rather short to build up SS's power, the train fight at the end was blood pumping. It, along with April vs Shinigami in City at War, may be my favorite fight of the season. There's little dialogue here, increasing the stakes. As for Splinter vs SS, it felt rather lackluster as we've been spoiled with better fights by Shred Head in the past, just wish more were done outside being a David vs Goliath type conflict.

Even though the action and intensity is top notch this time, I can't say much for the characterization. Brandon Auman may be good with action, but his dialogue and characters are a different matter. With the exception of the training scene after the opening credits, there really wasn't much for the characterization. With the exceptions of Splinter, Shredder, and arguably Karai, everyone just felt... there.

I'm not talking fully on little moments, as I think Rahzar watching his show was hilarious, but mostly nobody had a reason to be here. Outside the obvious "We're on Team Hamato/Foot!" dilemma, there weren't many stakes for the others, little insight of the Foot's sudden grim attitudes (when withstanding Baxter's beating) or the heroes' fears on Splinter. By then for the latter, it's the end of the episode; the cliffhanger I'll admit was a good change of pace though.

Lastly, to discuss the intensity for a moment, I'll admit using the photos and older locations was a nice way to show it's time to get down to business. However, the one thing bothering me is the Rat King area from Of Rats and Men. How exactly would Don or anyone other than Splinter know about it? I get it, head canon, but it doesn't fit outside possible symbolism or hinting at RK's return.

Overall, I'm not too keen on the episode. It certainly was worth the wait, but I really wish there was some kind of settling despite the episode's overtone. One of the season's best, which really isn't saying much, but still missing something for me personally. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Autbot_Benz
11-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Did anyone notice the building where the Shellraiser crashed was the Second Time around . A nod to April's father's Antique store

neatoman
11-06-2016, 12:17 PM
So I just started watching the episode, and less than a minute in, Shredder tells Stockman he'd rip his limbs off until only the head remains... Huh... I get the reference, it's just that I'd never thought I would hear something like that in this show...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2613/3683437158_1e34b06051.jpg

PApagreg
11-06-2016, 12:18 PM
This is episode was meh, on one hand the action was decent( I especially liked April waterbending her fan) but the emotional bits didn't carry any punches and the dialogue was kinda bad

One of the lines that stood out to me was when Karai said to Shredder "You become what you hated a mutant", so apparently Shredder hates mutants despite his top enforcers being mutants and wanting a mutant army, alright.

Also the psychological stuff with Shredder and Splinter were kinda funny, I chuckled at the part where Shredder had giant photos of Yoshi's past and Shredder acting like a spoiled child.

I give it a 5/10

tmntsplinterfan1997
11-06-2016, 12:59 PM
Keep your fingers crossed. Let's hope Splinter is either injured or not.

Rukitron
11-06-2016, 01:16 PM
For a second I thought Shredder was having boneinitis when his arm started acting up.

Also anyone else getting tired of seeing Splinter get incapacitated on a regular basis?

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Pretty good episode with a lot of high stakes. I especially liked the fight on the subway train, really well done.

Overall though its pretty obvious the show has been heading toward this moment since the first season, makes you wonder where they can go from here.

matteso586
11-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Surprised that the Foot have set up all of those burning pictures in such a short time.

Aren't subway trains supposed to contain passengers inside? Lots of New Yorker's stay up late at night.

Who here expected someone to bring up the Rat King?

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Aren't subway trains supposed to contain passengers inside? Lots of New Yorker's stay up late at night.

I expect the henchman scared them off the train before they nicked it. Or the train wasn't used for the evening run so they nicked it.

Powder
11-06-2016, 02:06 PM
Absolutely amazing episode. I wanna give a special shout out to the storyboard artists & whoever else is involved in the cinematography or whatever, there were some insanely cool shots! Like when Shredder gave a walloping kick which transitioned into a train barreling down the tracks. In general, I think that entire train sequence was hands-down the best fight scene of the entire series. It was super exciting for me, personally. So much went into making this feel like an action movie, & it really, really paid off. The humor, while very brief, was great. I loved Donnie saying "Down boy!" at Rahzar, & that 'ole Furbag Bradford was reminiscing about his cartoon days. :tlol:

& I've said it before, but Super Shredder's design is really sick.

Seriously, this might go down as one of my favorite episodes of the show. The stakes were personal, the action was intense and brutal, and it ends on a cliffhanger.

You've summed it up perfectly.

Auman tends to write his best episodes when the episode is a lot more action-oriented than dialogue-oriented. This is one of those action-oriented episodes.

Definitely, I guess he's the Eastman to Ciro's Laird!

Really great episode and I recognized the area right away that Splinter last faced the Ratking.
I was half way expecting him to pop up and mess things up for Splinter.
Unless of course they do bring him in like they did in the mirage comics and Splinter sees him the same way he did there as a ghost.
I think that would be really fantastic.

I was expecting the same. It can't be a coincidence that they took cues from City At War & then put Splinter in danger at the site of his last encounter with The Rat King. Perhaps at the bottom of that city lies a realm that connects them to the spiritual plane or something. You've gotta figure there's a connection here with season 5's spiritual theme. Perhaps Rat King will play a role not dissimilar to that of his IDW counterpart.

So I just started watching the episode, and less than a minute in, Shredder tells Stockman he'd rip his limbs off until only the head remains... Huh... I get the reference, it's just that I'd never thought I would hear something like that in this show...

Dunno if it was intended to be, but it definitely does work as a reference to that. In general I was surprised by some of the (safe for kids-tier) brutality. Heads getting smashed into concrete, Leo wanting to ram Shredder with the van, characters getting hit/ran over by trains, pretty intense!

For a second I thought Shredder was having boneinitis when his arm started acting up.

Also anyone else getting tired of seeing Splinter get incapacitated on a regular basis?

Loved that part. Body horror might be my favorite aspect of this series. :tlol:

As for your question, no, I'm cool. He's aging, after all. It's probably meant to show that the turtles are getting stronger & he's... well, not. Besides, nobody could face Super Shredder in a 1 on 1 fight & walk away from it unscathed, mane. I imagine he'll kick at least one more ass before the shows close, though.

Vegita-San
11-06-2016, 02:31 PM
One of the lines that stood out to me was when Karai said to Shredder "You become what you hated a mutant", so apparently Shredder hates mutants despite his top enforcers being mutants and wanting a mutant army, alright.

you expect this show to make sense and pay attention to detail?

the problem with bringing in super shredder, is that just like in the 4 kids series, the NORMAL shredder never NOT felt like a push over. he was ALWAYS a threat. that, and the turtles hardly ever went head to head with him IIRC, so we never really got to see them fight much.

Bringing him in now seems too over the top.

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 03:46 PM
you expect this show to make sense and pay attention to detail?

Bringing him in now seems too over the top.

Do you ever stop complaining? You're whining about Super Shredder being "too over the top" now?

You're right that the Turtles have never beaten Shredder in a fight, but Super Shredder is bound to only last till the season finale at most. He'll probably be de-mutated by the end.

kaptainmyke
11-06-2016, 03:54 PM
oh my God my favorite line in the whole episode "I want to see what you look like when I tear your shell off"..."You wanna see me naked?!"

Redworld96
11-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Is there a IGN review of this episode?

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 04:57 PM
The guy who did the IGN reviews quit IGN earlier this year and got a job at CBS or something.

tmntfanuk
11-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Oh wow! Great episode!! Really enjoyed this one!

lonewarrior20
11-06-2016, 05:08 PM
i really enjoyed it. strangly enough one of my favorite little scenes was karai using her tail to pick her lock.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Great episode! It feels refreshing to watch new episodes once again after the hiatus.

Super Shredder looks really menancing in his new form and it really does reflect what a monster he has become from the inside. I wonder if his mutation will be temporary or permanent, I can see him being killed off either in his super form by the main characters, the instability of his mutation, or being de-mutated sometime later in the series.

Vicky82
11-06-2016, 05:36 PM
I did notice that Mikey was by Splinters side a lot in this episode, also when Mikey was climbing up the ladder he stopped and looked back down, I assume he was keeping an eye on Splinter. I wonder if it was because Mikey was worried about Splinter after hearing the dream he had.

I wonder in the next episode, Mikey asks Leo if he could go help find Splinter with Donnie because In that trailer we see Donnie and Mikey are the only 2 wearing that new grappling gear so it looks like they will be searching for Splinter while the others fight Super Shredder and the henchmen.

BubblyShell22
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
This episode had my heart pounding the entire time. Love Super Shredder's design and am amazed at the lengths he will go to achieve his goal of destroying his enemies. The pictures that were hung up were surreal to say the least and I loved the train fight the best as it was action packed and kept my attention. I know they survived, but seeing Splinter fall and hearing his words that he will die with Saki just sent chills down my spine. I did miss a little bit of it as I had to help my sis adjust my dad's pillow and I think that was part of the fight with Shredder and Splinter in the middle that I missed. Overall, a great and intense episode. Bring on part two!

ToTheNines
11-06-2016, 06:17 PM
What Powder said, mostly.

I will be a downer and say it was lame how the Elite got jobbed by April. Other than that, truly the highlight of the series.

Mini-Turtle
11-06-2016, 06:26 PM
Do you ever stop complaining? You're whining about Super Shredder being "too over the top" now?

You're right that the Turtles have never beaten Shredder in a fight, but Super Shredder is bound to only last till the season finale at most. He'll probably be de-mutated by the end.
Or meet a horrific end due to the instability of the Mutagen. Can see something happening like what happened to 2k3 Baxter's new body, but at a MUCH faster rate as the Mutagen goes completely out of control.

PApagreg
11-06-2016, 06:47 PM
I will be a downer and say it was lame how the Elite got jobbed by April. Other than that, truly the highlight of the series.

They got jobbed by pretty much everyone, I remember in Broken Foot where Karai's sword barely scratched one of them but now the turtles are cutting them up like tissue paper

Aaronardo
11-06-2016, 07:41 PM
I miss certain stuff from Nick TMNT that was done before, but it certainly bothers me to a degree. Just wish there was more outside the typical "BANG! CRASH! BOOM!", which in this episode bears its ugly head badly.

Agreed. That was the only lull of the episode for me, this focused a lot more on "ooh, look Shredder! What's he gonna destroy next?! Stay tuned to find out!" than anything else. To be fair, there was a lot of dialogue concerning the Yoshi/Saki feud, but a lot of that just kinda feels done to death.

But nevertheless, I still did like the dialogue, I actually personally like Super Shredder's design (although I'm just a fan of new takes on classic characters pretty much all the time), the action was really good, and if this were earlier in the show, (or if they didn't just kill Splinter every season) that ending would've hit pretty hard for me. Still my favorite of Season 4 so far.

Jester
11-06-2016, 08:02 PM
When I read on Brandon Auman's FB that this was technically a 2 parter I was hoping for both parts this week...I guess I was too greedy.

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 08:04 PM
Poor Bebop wasn't in this episode. I wonder if he'll be in next weeks.

Ninjinister
11-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Man, I have often said Lee had the best performance of the series, but that final line from Splinter today actually made my spine go cold.

Loved that part. Body horror might be my favorite aspect of this series. :tlol:

Too right! April Derp is my favorite design for any character, ever, and the likes of Mega Shredder, Scumbug, and Super Shredder are right up there too.

NikitaZhukov
11-06-2016, 09:45 PM
Poor Bebop wasn't in this episode. I wonder if he'll be in next weeks.

He appeared in last few seconds standing with Rocksteady and elite footbots, so, technically, he was in this episode.

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 09:55 PM
He appeared in last few seconds standing with Rocksteady and elite footbots, so, technically, he was in this episode.

Was he there? I know Rocksteady was but I didn't see Bebop. Anyone have a screencap?

snake
11-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Was he there? I know Rocksteady was but I didn't see Bebop. Anyone have a screencap?

I can confirm he was there.

And yeah, the subway fight was awesome. It's probably my overall favorite episode of S4 besides Mutant Gangland.

myconius
11-06-2016, 10:07 PM

yeah, it's getting WAY too played out!

as soon as they started with the foreshadowing of it i just went into "this is SO dull" mode. :roll:

Wildcat
11-06-2016, 10:42 PM
This was the best episode of the entire series (so far) for me. I loved Super Shredder. Shame he'll never get a decent toy if at all.

I wish every episode was this grim, intense and emotional.

Powder
11-06-2016, 10:50 PM
The toy was revealed long before the actual character, but it's a piece of junk. :tlol:

CyberCubed
11-06-2016, 10:53 PM
Kind of amuses me that for the most part, nothing from Season 1 status quo wise has changed for this Shredder. He's still trying to do the same thing over and over.

All the other Shredder's had world domination plans or ran huge crime syndicates at this point. Nick Shredder has never done much more than want to hunt down Splinter and the Turtles. A bit of a shame there doesn't seem to be a any grand plan for him beyond that.

Wildcat
11-06-2016, 11:02 PM
The toy was revealed long before the actual character, but it's a piece of junk. :tlol:Didnt even know they showed the toy. Just looked it up. Ya Nick's toy line is just bad in general.

Powder
11-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Kind of amuses me that for the most part, nothing from Season 1 status quo wise has changed for this Shredder. He's still trying to do the same thing over and over.

All the other Shredder's had world domination plans or ran huge crime syndicates at this point. Nick Shredder has never done much more than want to hunt down Splinter and the Turtles. A bit of a shame there doesn't seem to be a any grand plan for him beyond that.

I like it this way. He's petty, & full of sadness/hate. The tunnelvision that has him hellbent on revenge is very true to the character of Oroku Saki. All that world domination sh*t is for the birds.

PApagreg
11-06-2016, 11:42 PM
I like it this way. He's petty, & full of sadness/hate. The tunnelvision that has him hellbent on revenge is very true to the character of Oroku Saki. All that world domination sh*t is for the birds.

At least with world domination or taking over he has chances of acting like an adult here he acts like an annoying brat who blames his younger sibling for something he did

MarsicornYT
11-07-2016, 01:07 AM
For CyberCubed:
https://s17.postimg.org/neuhq7f67/image.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/6eblhj24r/)

shredder orokusaki
11-07-2016, 02:24 AM
You idiot, those pics are too big.
I have 1440p(2560x1440) monitor and the episodes are 1080p (1920x1080)that why they are big.

Powder
11-07-2016, 02:34 AM
They're big 'cause you didn't resize them. :trazz:

snake
11-07-2016, 05:50 AM
Damn Shredder those are some hot specs you got on your computer

shredder orokusaki
11-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Damn Shredder those are some hot specs you got on your computer

Of course! As the leader of the most powerful organization i need a high end computer to communicate with as many as possible foot ninjas at any time and organize our operations against the turtles!

Here are more screenshots of me!
http://i64.tinypic.com/fz1zj5.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/12334ls.png
http://i63.tinypic.com/30xeyxv.png

NikitaZhukov
11-07-2016, 07:49 AM
to communicate with as many as possible foot ninjas at any time and organize our operations against the turtles!

1. You can communicate with The Foot on any computer.
2. The Foot are robots, not ninjas.
3. You can communicate with The Foot without goddamn computer, you have mutants who can order The Foot to do anything you want.

With all that, you're a STUPID IDIOT. (C) Chris Jericho, 2016.

MrTMNT2012
11-07-2016, 08:16 AM
First episode I've watched of Season 4.

Yeah, this show has died.

Like. That was BEYOND trash.

Gonna go rewatch Season 1 now.

Vicky82
11-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Of course! As the leader of the most powerful organization i need a high end computer to communicate with as many as possible foot ninjas at any time and organize our operations against the turtles!

Please make those pics smaller, they are too big.

Sabacooza
11-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Gonna go rewatch Season 1 now.Good man. Season one was solid.

ABrown
11-07-2016, 09:36 AM
I really enjoyed this episode. You know what it kind of reminded me of, the 4Kids series episode "New World Order" where they first fought against the demon Shredder. I think Super Shredder really fits this series very well, more so than regular Shredder if you ask me.

kaptainmyke
11-07-2016, 09:41 AM
I liked it. The toy looks amazing. How else do you make such a dangerous stabby stabbington stabsalot action figure safe for 8 year olds?

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Why is this 'review' only like 20% about the show at all and 5% about the episode?

Context. If I was basically going to regurgitate the entire episode, I would've called myself TMNTRecapper instead of TMNTInsighter. Recaps are seriously lame. But yeah, I could've provided more.

P.S. What kind of quote job was that from you?

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 10:00 AM
This was perhaps the second episode this season that played a lot like "Vengeance is Mine"--mostly concerning Karai's capture, entrapment, even her use of her snake form. Other than those things, "Broken Foot" in my opinion, was a near copy of it (it was even written by the same guy).
I can't wait to see what Rie Koga has in store for the season finale, she was that good for any directorial job let alone her first. She was even able to bring back those early shots and settings from seasons past (thanks to her work on the storyboards since Season 1) and the way she had the photos put on fire was reminiscent of "Tale of the Yokai".
I also have warmed up to not getting the direction from Splinter I thought would happen. I thought it'd be interesting to see him almost go down the same vengeful path as Shredder after "Earth's Last Stand" but I think he took that moment as proof for why he shouldn't go down this path. He wasn't perfect in "Tale of the Yokai" and has proven to be pretty resolute in keeping his current path in life. I can respect that.

From the synopsis for the next episode, it's pretty clear we'll be seeing Alopex & hearing Tiger Claw give another take on that backstory of his. I personally can't wait for this one.

neatoman
11-07-2016, 10:48 AM

Is one of the head spikes supposed to go through the cape collar, or is it just clipping through it (an animation error if you don't know what that means)? I can't really tell.

CyberCubed
11-07-2016, 11:32 AM

Gonna go rewatch Season 1 now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Alright, now this is just blatant trolling. Calling this episode, "Beyond trash?"

This is pretty much proof you people have no idea what the hell you want.

Vicky82
11-07-2016, 11:47 AM
From the synopsis for the next episode, it's pretty clear we'll be seeing Alopex & hearing Tiger Claw give another take on that backstory of his. I personally can't wait for this one.

Don't get your hopes up, Alopex won't be in the next episode because Darkest Plight is the 2nd part to The Super Shredder so they are still focusing on Super Shredder and of course finding Splinter.

DVD
11-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Looking forward to this for a while.
I had about an hour to wait till I could watch it last night, so I watched both the classic and 2k3 "Return of Shredder" episodes.
All in all, a bunch of good viewing .

The Super Shredder design is well realized and comes over clearly in the show. And of course , the insane design is equally as realised in the mind of Shredder.
Great stuff.
And against all the action , there was the cartoon watching, on both sides.

Really enjoyed the episode , and that can't the end of Super Shredder......

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Don't get your hopes up, Alopex won't be in the next episode because Darkest Plight is the 2nd part to The Super Shredder so they are still focusing on Super Shredder and of course finding Splinter.

Then what else could be tracking them? They need to get to the Alopex vs. Tiger Claw bit now and that clip from NYCC may come into play next episode seeing as how the turtles, Karai, & April will be on the run.

NikitaZhukov
11-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Then what else could be tracking them?

Shredder's henchmen? We saw Tiger Claw jumping from water tower to Leo in the trailer. Plus we know that the team got confronted by Bebop, Rocksteady and elite footbots in the very end of "The Super Shredder", so maybe they escaped but villains followed them.

Vicky82
11-07-2016, 12:28 PM
Then what else could be tracking them?

Super Shredder, Rocksteady, Bebop, Foot Elite bots, Fishface, Tiger Claw and Rahzar (if he's still alive).

If you look at the trailer there are some scenes that haven't happened yet and will be in this next episode.

Splinter and Super Shredder falling but Shredder lands on a ledge and Splinter keeps falling.

Splinter crawling along the floor or climbing.

Splinter and Leo talking about guiding his family and friends (I think this is a memory/flashback)

Splinter (with a tree in the background) saying Shredder is still alive (I think this is a meditation vision)

Super Shredder and Leo fighting in the streets (so obviously Shredder has managed to get back up to the surface)

April saving Karai, Raph riding Rocksteady and Tiger Claw flying.

Then there's the moment in the lair with the Turtles, April and Karai getting ready for battle and Casey has joined them.

Mikey and Donnie are wearing grappling gear and are the only ones wearing it so my guess they both are going to rescue Splinter (maybe one or 2 hench mutants go after them) while the others are fighting Shredder and the other hench mutants.

They need to get to the Alopex vs. Tiger Claw bit now and that clip may come into play next episode seeing as how the turtles, Karai, & April will be on the run.

No they don't it's a completely different storyline and probably involve that Kavaxas.

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Shredder's henchmen? We saw Tiger Claw jumping from water tower to Leo in the trailer. Plus we know that the team got confronted by Bebop, Rocksteady and elite footbots in the very end of "The Super Shredder", so maybe they escaped but villains followed them.

B&R are right there at the end! I doubt any of the henchmen will be following the turtles w/o them knowing.

2K3
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
I think Splinter will survive as I'm under the impression that he's gonna run in with the Rat King!

Main reason why; as it's the "City at War" arc they're adapting, Rat King played a pivotal in the original Mirage version. Plus at the time, Splinter's leg was injured (much like what Super Shredder did to Splinter's leg in the episode)!

Also, did Bradford just die; it looked like he went under the tracks!!!

neatoman
11-07-2016, 01:20 PM
So any high quality screencaps of Shredder's arm wiggling out? Let's talk more in depth about that, does anyone have an idea of where that's going?

TigerClaw
11-07-2016, 02:23 PM
It was a good episode, Plenty of action, what are the chances that Shredder reverts back to normal in the 2nd part.

victory_angel
11-07-2016, 02:31 PM
So any high quality screencaps of Shredder's arm wiggling out? Let's talk more in depth about that, does anyone have an idea of where that's going?

It was pointed out several times that the Mutagen was unstable. When the Shredder's arm started going all weird and wonky, Splinter also tells him the mutagen was screwing with his body and that he should calm him down and let them help him. To which Shredder says "I want nothing more from you!"

It was a good episode, Plenty of action, what are the chances that Shredder reverts back to normal in the 2nd part.

Slim, since they would need retromutagen to even revert him to a normal human. And Donnie said that his next batch of retromutagen wouldn't be available for weeks.

TMNTInsighter
11-07-2016, 02:40 PM
I'll be surprised if Vizioso's anti-mutant weapons don't come into play. I think it'd be a more interesting choice for the turtles to use them as part of their arsenal more than retro mutagen. I know they can use the weapons to stun him as they give him the retro mutagen (which would be the most likely outcome) but I'm beginning to feel that his humanity (or what was left of it) was something that he deserved to lose. He didn't even need it since he was as reclusive as any of the other mutants.

neatoman
11-07-2016, 02:47 PM
It was pointed out several times that the Mutagen was unstable. When the Shredder's arm started going all weird and wonky, Splinter also tells him the mutagen was screwing with his body and that he should calm him down and let them help him. To which Shredder says "I want nothing more from you!"

Yeah, but what exactly is happening? Is he still mutating? Is he reverting back to human? Is the mutagen killing him?

Vicky82
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah, but what exactly is happening? Is he still mutating? Is he reverting back to human? Is the mutagen killing him?

It looks like the mutagen is making him bigger.

neatoman
11-07-2016, 03:05 PM
It looks like the mutagen is making him bigger.

Shredzilla, Shred Kong, Shreddera, etc.

IndigoErth
11-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Woah. :teek: Quite good, was a little disappointed it wasn't a 2-parter. I like the angle of delving into Shredder's insanity.

Penst0ck
11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Man, this brings me back to "The Gauntlet". Brutal blows and non stop plight.
Oh and is Rahzar dead now? The dude did get thrown under a train car. :ohwell:

IndigoErth
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
You know what I mean...

In that case the entire thing is technically a [number of eps in series so far]-parter.

Vicky82
11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Man, this brings me back to "The Gauntlet". Brutal blows and non stop plight.
Oh and is Rahzar dead now? The dude did get thrown under a train car. :ohwell:

I hope he isn't dead, I want Mikey to kill him.

tmntsplinterfan1997
11-07-2016, 06:45 PM
I can't believe the episode ended with Bebop and Rocksteady confronting April, Karai and the turtles.

THGhost
11-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Fantastic episode!

Super Shredder looks awesome. Wish I hadn't had it spoiled for me by a gif I saw on here though, thanks whoever posted that without spoiler tags. :roll:
That sewer scene, man that was great.
Poor Shell Raiser. :-(
Badass April!
Splinter won't be dead. Not sure how, but he'll be fine. I hope.

Which means i'll be avoiding here/Tumblr/Twitter for a few hours. This is one episode I don't want to see spoilers.

A gif of Super Shredder was already posted by someone here. Hope you missed it.

I'm sure he won't be. I liked his little "according to the fan sites" bit, that was kinda cute.

:lol::lol::lol:

Alright, now this is just blatant trolling. Calling this episode, "Beyond trash?"

This is pretty much proof you people have no idea what the hell you want.

Don't feed the trolls, Cubed.

Fang Wolf
11-07-2016, 07:07 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/q85iylxxr/fz1zj5.png
It's that Shredder's beating heart? Why is Blue-Purple?
So how did the heart outside his chest?

I think Both Shredder and Splinter is alive down there...

THGhost
11-07-2016, 07:20 PM
I wondered why his heart was exposed. I was expecting something to stab it and instantly kill him, but it appeared as though Shinigami was unable to penetrate it.

GoldMutant
11-07-2016, 07:29 PM
I'd assume the heart is out because of Shredder going unstable; due to him not allowing the mutagen to rest and instead pump it full on like Venom (the DC drug) or steroids, his heart is more visible as if he may die soon. Additionally, drugs do increase the heart's size, increasing health risks that can stem from it.

I may not like Super Shredder's design, but the heart and possibly the face are my favorite parts of the design, dunno why though.

Powder
11-07-2016, 07:45 PM
It's just another one of Ciro's trademark body horror design elements, nothing more. You can work some in-series logic on it, but I'm sure it was just something he thought would look dope while drawing up the concept art. :tlol:

IndigoErth
11-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Design-wise though, it was more a flat image on his chest rather than an exposed 3D-looking heart, so not so sure about that. Maybe it's just glowing and showing through him?

THGhost
11-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Design choice or not, that thing is getting stabbed at some point. Or at least it should get stabbed. Is that sort of thing allowed on Nick? :P

DestronMirage22
11-07-2016, 08:48 PM

Woah, I don't think that would ever happen in this series. Especially this version of Mikey.

THGhost
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Perhaps "kill" is a strong word.

Ninturtle
11-07-2016, 10:10 PM

The irony is too much :tlol:

LeotheLateBloomer
11-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Bravo, you guys! This was a great episode. This was filled with drama and suspense and it was done pretty well. The few humor scenes they had were all pretty funny but I have to say I loved that Rahzar watching his own show and talking about the episode being one of the top episodes according to the fansites.:lol: The turtles and April fighting the henchmen was pretty awesome, though April using her psychic powers to maneuver her weapon felt a bit cheap. In one shot, Rahzar kicked April off a train when fighting against her and the turtles and I'm was amazed how much she endured from that.

Now the Splinter vs Super Shredder fight was intense. SS using photos of his family to torture him and hanging Karai while still believing her to be her daughter shows that Shredder is mentally warped (You're not helping yourself convincing your "daughter" that you're the father. Not to mention that you already revealed that you are NOT the father in "The Wrath of Tiger Claw"). I would love to see an episode based on the Splinter and Rat King story of the "City at War" arc.

neatoman
11-08-2016, 06:15 AM
So I decided to take a screencap myself of the arm wiggling out, it looks oddly specific for something that happens so fast, like an aye-aye hand.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 06:26 AM
Bravo, you guys! This was a great episode. This was filled with drama and suspense and it was done pretty well. The few humor scenes they had were all pretty funny but I have to say I loved that Rahzar watching his own show and talking about the episode being one of the top episodes according to the fansites.:lol: The turtles and April fighting the henchmen was pretty awesome, though April using her psychic powers to maneuver her weapon felt a bit cheap. In one shot, Rahzar kicked April off a train when fighting against her and the turtles and I'm was amazed how much she endured from that.

Now the Splinter vs Super Shredder fight was intense. SS using photos of his family to torture him and hanging Karai while still believing her to be her daughter shows that Shredder is mentally warped (You're not helping yourself convincing your "daughter" that you're the father. Not to mention that you already revealed that you are NOT the father in "The Wrath of Tiger Claw"). I would love to see an episode based on the Splinter and Rat King story of the "City at War" arc.

Lmao....

https://i.imgflip.com/n9pas.jpg

MrTMNT2012
11-08-2016, 07:23 AM

I have an entire history of praising the show during Seasons 1 & 2 on this forum.

I literally created my account BECAUSE of this incarnation.

But yeah, guess I'm jus a random troll lol

Groverman62
11-08-2016, 07:51 AM
But why do you hate this episode?

Vegita-San
11-08-2016, 08:24 AM
I have an entire history of praising the show during Seasons 1 & 2 on this forum.

i don't follow these threads too closley...but don't try and work logic into internet thinking, man. it'll drive you to insanity.

As for this episode....i didn't hate it. but it was just ANOTHER excuse to do some bizzarre horror themed episode and weird monster design that this crew seems to have a thing for for some reason.

there was no reason to bring super shredder into this show. 0. none.
It just seems like this staff has no clue as to what to do with shredder and his minions in this series as they ALWAYS seem like 'oh yeah, we've got these characters here.. we should probably do something with them again'..

this entire show feels like that. 'i want a giant mech turtle bot in here for some reason, lets put it in a few shows'. 'i want to do a scary care bears episode...that seems kind of cool. here are these dream bears'.

It all just seems spur of the moment. and because of that, any drama it tries to set up, i.e. splinter supposedly dying again...just falls flat.

Sabacooza
11-08-2016, 08:54 AM

But yeah, guess I'm jus a random troll lol Don't pay any attention to them. You're allowed to have your own opinion. If it doesn't jive with theirs or hurts their feelings, so what.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Opinions are cool.

But really, other than a couple Auman-isms, this was season 1 tier. Coulda told me it was a Sternin/Ventimilia joint.

MrTMNT2012
11-08-2016, 09:27 AM
But really, other than a couple Auman-isms, this was season 1 tier. Coulda told me it was a Sternin/Ventimilia joint.

Don't insult Sternin/Ventimillia like that.

Those guys would not be caught dead writing 'and then the main antagonist set up an intricately designed cavalcade of nostalgic photos in an abandoned sewer to catch the main characters off guard by setting them on fire.'

Also..."This is where Splinter fought Rat King!" - because we have to somehow allude to continuity in this series right? God forbid we actually have, y'know, continuity and not just flat-out references. Because Auman definitely seems like the type of guy that consciously thinks about temporal ellipsis in his writing...

MrTMNT2012
11-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Don't pay any attention to them. You're allowed to have your own opinion. If it doesn't jive with theirs or hurts their feelings, so what.

Appreciate that man! :tsmile:

Sabacooza
11-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Appreciate that man! :tsmile:No problem.

THGhost
11-08-2016, 10:50 AM
The irony is too much :tlol:

Noticed that, huh? ;)

I was only joking, MrTMNT2012. It was aimed more at Cubed than at you. Sorry if that didn't come across so easily. I often don't think things through. :tanime:

"This is where Splinter fought Rat King!"

I thought it looked familiar.

Powder
11-08-2016, 06:09 PM
Don't insult Sternin/Ventimillia like that.

Those guys would not be caught dead writing 'and then the main antagonist set up an intricately designed cavalcade of nostalgic photos in an abandoned sewer to catch the main characters off guard by setting them on fire.'

Also..."This is where Splinter fought Rat King!" - because we have to somehow allude to continuity in this series right? God forbid we actually have, y'know, continuity and not just flat-out references. Because Auman definitely seems like the type of guy that consciously thinks about temporal ellipsis in his writing...

How are you critical of ish like this in the Nick series while completely dismissing that sort of criticism from others about Bayturtles? Pretty easy to see why people think you're a troll.

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 07:10 PM

That's what you're complaining about? How do you know they wouldn't have wrote the same thing?

What on earth are you talking about? We have continuity. This episode had strong continuity with the entire show. Name dropping Rat King was also nice continuity.

The episode had:

- Shredder/Splinter's and Miwa's backstory.

- All of Shredders mutant henchmen, (Tiger Claw, Fishface, Rahzar, Rocksteady/Bebop and Baxter)

- Shinigami with Karai

- Karai is still a mutant snake, hates Shredder, Shredder still thinks what he's doing is right

Plus all of the Turtles were written incredibly well and nobody did anything stupid or out of character. You sound to me like you have no idea what you want.

TMNTInsighter
11-09-2016, 06:47 AM
What on earth are you talking about? We have continuity. This episode had strong continuity with the entire show. Name dropping Rat King was also nice continuity.

The episode had:

- Shredder/Splinter's and Miwa's backstory.

- All of Shredders mutant henchmen, (Tiger Claw, Fishface, Rahzar, Rocksteady/Bebop and Baxter)

- Shinigami with Karai

- Karai is still a mutant snake, hates Shredder, Shredder still thinks what he's doing is right

Plus all of the Turtles were written incredibly well and nobody did anything stupid or out of character. You sound to me like you have no idea what you want.

Continuity (noun): 1. logical sequence, cohesion, or connection
2. the comprehensive script or scenario of detail and movement in a film or broadcast.

Sorry but it seemed to me like you didn't have a complete understanding of what the word continuity means (or what great continuity is). Alluding to something is not the same as continuity, therefore just alluding to the Rat King and where Splinter last fought him does not fit the definition of continuity--just name dropping. Again, name dropping is not continuity. If Rat King one way or another then came into play, then yeah it'd be continuity. Also, think of how many times we've seen the dojo, Donnie's lab, or Shredder's lair, or the same old city buildings and streets just to name a few. That's not continuity so much as it is remembering to insert basic locations. If we saw something relevant of "Of Rats and Men" that transpired in that underground city, then it'd be continuity. That wasn't the case.

Those others you mentioned are also not continuity, it's basic storytelling. To remember character traits, events, etc. that have already been established--basic storytelling in other words, does not mean you have a knack for continuity, it just means you're not retarded so as to forget even the most simplest parts of your storyline.

And since when is having every henchmen Shredder's got in the show considered continuity? It's not. Not to mention that some of them, B&R and Fishface most specifically, weren't even relevant to this episode's story.

Just because you remember the basics doesn't mean you've got an intricately woven tapestry that brings old (even minor) events, moments, or lines back into play ingeniously. That's continuity! This series has not usually lived up to that and that's why the show overall, let's be fair, does not have great continuity. To say otherwise is completely unfair.

Skinrash
11-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Where did the climax take place exactly? One minute Shredder and Splinter are in the sewers, then they're all the way up in the mountains or some kinda fantasy world with floating rocks?

Vegita-San
11-09-2016, 09:39 AM
FishFace is so useful i don't even think he got one speaking line in the whole thing.

This episodes whole 'continuity' felt like it was the show saying 'hey, we REMEMBER things.. here is proof of that'.

oy.

Vicky82
11-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Where did the climax take place exactly? One minute Shredder and Splinter are in the sewers, then they're all the way up in the mountains or some kinda fantasy world with floating rocks?

There were no floating rocks, I think you got confused with Dimension X. :lol:

I think it's called the Undercity, it's under New York City. It's where Splinter beat the Rat King.

victory_angel
11-09-2016, 09:44 AM

There were no floating rocks, I think you got confused with Dimension X. :lol:

I think it's called the Undercity, it's under New York City. It's where Splinter beat the Rat King.

It's essentially an old and abandoned part of New York City that the city is built on top of.

CyberCubed
11-09-2016, 12:58 PM
FishFace is so useful i don't even think he got one speaking line in the whole thing

They can't use too many voice actors in one episode, that's why characters are silent. In an old episode they didn't know this and had to replace Baxter's lines with buzzing back in Season 2.

There were a lot of characters in this episode so Fishface didn't get any lines. It makes sense too, he was only in like one or two scenes.

THGhost
11-09-2016, 02:38 PM
He did something with the train and that was it, wasn't it?

Vicky82
11-09-2016, 02:49 PM
He did something with the train and that was it, wasn't it?

Yeah he only changed the rail lines, he wasn't involved in the fight.

Fishface might have a bigger role in the Darkest Plight but it looks like it going to be focused more on Bebop and Rocksteady as the main hench mutants.

Lethal Lullaby
11-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Just started this episode. Yeah, I know I'm several days late.
Anyways, so far so good. Super Shredder looks pretty intimidating.
The part with Bradford watching his old show is oddly adorable IMO. >//u//<

ssjup81
11-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Good man. Season one was solid.But Mikey was annoying. ><Woah, I don't think that would ever happen in this series. Especially this version of Mikey.Mikey's capable of it, though. Back in season 1, he nearly stabbed Bradford in the head with his kusarigami chain, it's implied he killed that Kraang he was using for a hat, and even his defeating VQ Rahzar was brutal compared to the other three. He slit his throat.

MrTMNT2012
11-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Continuity (noun): 1. logical sequence, cohesion, or connection
2. the comprehensive script or scenario of detail and movement in a film or broadcast.

Sorry but it seemed to me like you didn't have a complete understanding of what the word continuity means (or what great continuity is). Alluding to something is not the same as continuity, therefore just alluding to the Rat King and where Splinter last fought him does not fit the definition of continuity--just name dropping. Again, name dropping is not continuity. If Rat King one way or another then came into play, then yeah it'd be continuity. Also, think of how many times we've seen the dojo, Donnie's lab, or Shredder's lair, or the same old city buildings and streets just to name a few. That's not continuity so much as it is remembering to insert basic locations. If we saw something relevant of "Of Rats and Men" that transpired in that underground city, then it'd be continuity. That wasn't the case.

Those others you mentioned are also not continuity, it's basic storytelling. To remember character traits, events, etc. that have already been established--basic storytelling in other words, does not mean you have a knack for continuity, it just means you're not retarded so as to forget even the most simplest parts of your storyline.

And since when is having every henchmen Shredder's got in the show considered continuity? It's not. Not to mention that some of them, B&R and Fishface most specifically, weren't even relevant to this episode's story.

Just because you remember the basics doesn't mean you've got an intricately woven tapestry that brings old (even minor) events, moments, or lines back into play ingeniously. That's continuity! This series has not usually lived up to that and that's why the show overall, let's be fair, does not have great continuity. To say otherwise is completely unfair.

Didn't want this to go unacknowledged so, great post man! :tsmile: Couldn't write it better myself; perfectly explained one of the key points why this show is trash.

CyberCubed
11-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Didn't want this to go unacknowledged so, great post man! :tsmile: Couldn't write it better myself; perfectly explained one of the key points why this show is trash.

Which proves you have no idea what you're talking about. Claiming the show has no continuity when it blatantly does. Especially this of all episodes, lol.

Powder
11-12-2016, 02:27 AM
This is someone who loves the Bayverse. He's obviously trolling.

CyberCubed
11-12-2016, 02:41 AM
A lot of other people say the same thing though, which is why I'm baffled.

This isn't the Fred Wolf cartoon which had a very loose continuity because the episodes were meant to be watched in almost any order (since that's how old 80's cartoons were made), the Nick cartoon has just as much a serial storyline like the 2k3 series did where you have to watch most episodes in order or it doesn't make sense, aside from some fillers here and there.

MrTMNT2012
11-12-2016, 05:52 AM
This is someone who loves the Bayverse. He's obviously trolling.

Just like to point out even CyberCubed defended me from this comment.

Now you hold this L very firmly and dearly.

magicallypuzzled
11-12-2016, 01:31 PM
This is episode was meh, on one hand the action was decent( I especially liked April waterbending her fan) but the emotional bits didn't carry any punches and the dialogue was kinda bad

Also the psychological stuff with Shredder and Splinter were kinda funny, I chuckled at the part where Shredder had giant photos of Yoshi's past and Shredder acting like a spoiled child.

I give it a 5/10

mutations have always been a punishment to shredder its what he has threatened his underlings with should they fail. he was beyond ticked that his own daughter became one despite it being mostly his fault. not sure where this thought that shredder doesn't hate mutants comes from.

Powder
11-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Just like to point out even CyberCubed defended me from this comment.

Now you hold this L very firmly and dearly.

How desperate are you?

ssjup81
11-12-2016, 05:07 PM
A lot of other people say the same thing though, which is why I'm baffled.

This isn't the Fred Wolf cartoon which had a very loose continuity because the episodes were meant to be watched in almost any order (since that's how old 80's cartoons were made), the Nick cartoon has just as much a serial storyline like the 2k3 series did where you have to watch most episodes in order or it doesn't make sense, aside from some fillers here and there.Get it right Cubed. This was the approach with cartoons prior to the 90s in general. They were more episodic because a lot were syndicated.

That aside, I feel this show has continuity. For instance, if you randomly jumped in and saw the last ep of last season, I'm sure the average person would've been confused.

PApagreg
11-12-2016, 05:49 PM
mutations have always been a punishment to shredder its what he has threatened his underlings with should they fail. he was beyond ticked that his own daughter became one despite it being mostly his fault. not sure where this thought that shredder doesn't hate mutants comes from.
The dude liked Bradford's form when Bradford forced the Purple Dragons to give up a bigger part of their profits, he wanted a mutant army and all of his enforcers are mutants(only Xever and Bradford was an accident and he was going to turn Baxter into one sooner or later). As for the underlings part, I just saw it more as that people don't want to look like mutated freaks than Shredder hating mutants and Shredder seemed more mad that his daughter got away, by the time she was mind controlled he didn't seem to mind that she was part mutant. I never really got the idea of Shredder hating mutants he was at worst slightly disgusted with them.

ssjup81
11-16-2016, 12:44 AM
I’m late, but just wanted to give my opinion on this episode. I didn’t get the chance to. My computer at home isn’t the best in the world and I use my tablet, but I don’t care much for typing into a tablet. Keyboards are so much easier to use, so I’m taking advantage of it while at work.

Anyway, this episode was definitely worth the wait. It had action, suspense, some comedic parts… It had a good balance of these and I like how it shows just how far a dream world Shredder is in to believe that he was a good father. It’s a shame that he turned out the way he did and out of the Shredders I’ve been exposed to (human Shredder, I mean), he has to be the most mentally unstable. I do believe that in his own twisted mind, that he does love Karai, but I suspected something was off with him back in early season 2. Forgot what the line was, though, that had me feel that he would end up using Karai as a pawn in some way and that’s technically what happened and ended up causing her mutation.

Hm, let’s see, what else…oh! Rahzaa! I loved the part with him watching the show. I wasn’t expecting that and it was just so adorable. He has to miss his old life in some way. Wonder if he still gets royalty checks or something. lol Too bad he got run over or hit by that other subway car. Can’t help but wonder if he survived that, but I’m going to assume that he did since I couldn’t see them killing out his character…but if we don’t see him after this ep…hm….

Oh and did Splinter come across as unusually irritated in this ep. The part where he was scolding the group of their television watching, he sounded annoyed…hm, he also did in Mutant Gangland, iirc.

So yeah, really enjoyed it, but man poor Splinter and the whole Silence of the Lamb creepy factor was perfect!

Hey, anyone thing Saki wasn’t really angry over Tang Shen rejecting him and that he was really angry because he was in love with Yoshi? *laughs* Nah, seriously doubt it, but to have that much hate and stuff…it’s nuts.The dude liked Bradford's form when Bradford forced the Purple Dragons to give up a bigger part of their profits, he wanted a mutant army and all of his enforcers are mutants(only Xever and Bradford was an accident and he was going to turn Baxter into one sooner or later). As for the underlings part, I just saw it more as that people don't want to look like mutated freaks than Shredder hating mutants and Shredder seemed more mad that his daughter got away, by the time she was mind controlled he didn't seem to mind that she was part mutant. I never really got the idea of Shredder hating mutants he was at worst slightly disgusted with them.Hm, I was under the impression that he didn’t think highly of mutants either and that he views them as expendable and beneath him…although, he’s being shown to rely on them more while recovering and now that I think about it…his treatment. Why in the world did Stockman decide to just hook him up with such a foreign substance. It almost feels as if he was trying to indirectly put him out of his misery. I’m sure he didn’t fully know what it would do or how the human body would take it if being injected directly into the bloodstream.

Klunk1234
11-20-2016, 12:14 AM
This episode was intense, but with a funny part with Razhar watching and remembering when he recorded his show.

Garfield
01-18-2017, 05:33 PM
So upon seeing a giant roided out Shredder, Leo's first instinct is to try and run it over?

that's what I would done. I wouldn't try and fight that thing myself.