PDA

View Full Version : How Krang controlled his body.

Yabuturtle
11-06-2016, 02:07 PM
I always thought Krang actually mentally controlled his body as opposed to using those controls. In fact, it's pretty odd how he controls it and even his bubble walker. He only has two tentacles and he's not operating any kind of controls in his bubble walker, so I assume he's controlling it with his mind. But what about his android body.

It's pretty strange he first uses it. Shredder puts him in his android body and then charges the whole thing with a massive amount of electricity. I'm surprised it didn't fry him when he was inside? Why did he have to be inside first and why did it need to be charged? Doesn't it have an on switch?

Every once in a while you'll see him use his controls but many times you can see him flail his tentacles around and his body will still move. Sometimes it mimics Krang's own movements, even his facial expressions. When Krang is happy, sometimes the android will smile or look angry or even look surprised, even though most of the time it has a blank expression on it's face.

Is that why he had to be in the android first before it was charged? Did that somehow gave him the ability to mentally control the android?

Powder
11-06-2016, 02:10 PM
There's no answer for this that isn't speculation, but with that being said I don't think there's any harm in assuming it works off of his brain-waves or whatever. With added control elements, naturally. We know the Utrom/Kraang suits work that way, so I guess it's a given they're all similar. One interesting thing about his 2016 live-action counterpart is that he seems to have a mechanical vertebrae that fuses him to the robot. An interesting little design element, I suppose. At least it means there may have been some thought put into how he operates the thing. :trazz:

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-06-2016, 05:43 PM
I always thought Krang actually mentally controlled his body as opposed to using those controls. In fact, it's pretty odd how he controls it and even his bubble walker. He only has two tentacles and he's not operating any kind of controls in his bubble walker, so I assume he's controlling it with his mind. But what about his android body.

It's pretty strange he first uses it. Shredder puts him in his android body and then charges the whole thing with a massive amount of electricity. I'm surprised it didn't fry him when he was inside? Why did he have to be inside first and why did it need to be charged? Doesn't it have an on switch?

Every once in a while you'll see him use his controls but many times you can see him flail his tentacles around and his body will still move. Sometimes it mimics Krang's own movements, even his facial expressions. When Krang is happy, sometimes the android will smile or look angry or even look surprised, even though most of the time it has a blank expression on it's face.

Is that why he had to be in the android first before it was charged? Did that somehow gave him the ability to mentally control the android?

Maybe the controls are for swtiching weapons on the robot's arms.

ABrown
11-06-2016, 07:17 PM
I guess I think of Krang as being literally the brain of the android body. Of course that doesn't really explain how the body was capable of functioning without him in it.

Utrommaniac
11-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Say what you will about the PD Turtles, the singular thing that made any remote sense was giving Krang a 'spine' that connected to his body...even if it meant he was permanently fused to it, a situation that has its own issues.

There does seem to be a lot of inconsistency for how the machine is controlled. Either he does it manually or telepathically.

oldmanwinters
11-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Considering that Egon Spengler could finesse the Statue of Liberty with an NES Advantage, I've never worried too much about it.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-07-2016, 07:01 AM
I guess I think of Krang as being literally the brain of the android body. Of course that doesn't really explain how the body was capable of functioning without him in it.

Light artificial-intelligence? Like the Foot robots.

ABrown
11-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Light artificial-intelligence? Like the Foot robots.

Works for me.

cammy85
11-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Krang's body acted via a complicated cockpit like an airplane as shown in "Shredder and Splintered" and could sometimes be an extension of Krang's own movements (yawning).

pferreira
11-10-2016, 10:01 AM
Considering that Egon Spengler could finesse the Statue of Liberty with an NES Advantage, I've never worried too much about it.I won't argue there. :lol: