PDA

View Full Version : [Question] So...who'd you vote for?

Jester
11-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Let's see if this works. I'm gonna create and close this thread to keep bickering down, hopefully the poll will remain active regardless. I'll make the poll anonymous so it's a secret ballot, I'm just curious.
Other mods and Krang if you feel this is needlessly ridiculous kill it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Looks like you forgot the poll, Jester. :tsad:

Jester
11-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Poll is active...now. (Gah...give me a minute, Cylons :P).
Thread has to be open...so keep it civil.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 01:18 PM
I'm impatient to see how it goes. :trazz:

In the immortal (yet muffled) words of a better leader than anyone running today...

"LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Jester
11-08-2016, 01:23 PM
If only the Drome had a share of Electoral College votes....

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 01:25 PM
You and I both know it's a very, very good thing that the 'Drome does not. :trazz:

Jester
11-08-2016, 01:42 PM
Point taken...

snake
11-08-2016, 01:43 PM
I have no vote and I must scream

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 01:47 PM

:tlol: I understood that reference.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 01:52 PM

Well snake, when you can vote in the next Republican primary in 4 years, do us all a favor and don't nominate a loud, foolish, racist, fake-ass, reality tv stooge to run against Hitlery. Anyone other than The Orange One would have mopped the floor with her, except maybe Carson and Fiorina.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 01:55 PM
Well snake, when you can vote in the next Republican primary in 4 years, do us all a favor and don't nominate a loud, foolish, racist, fake-ass, reality tv stooge to run against Hitlery. Anyone other than The Orange One would have mopped the floor with her, except maybe Carson and Fiorina.

No, I'm pretty sure even Carson and Fiorina would have mopped the floor with Hillary. :tlol:

Jester
11-08-2016, 02:03 PM
Silly question: How many of you are more interested in how many (popular...no way they get electoral votes) votes 3rd party candidates pull from the front runners almost more than the eventual winner?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Silly question: How many of you are more interested in how many (popular...no way they get electoral votes) 3rd party candidates pull from the front runners almost more than the eventual winner?

I'm mostly just waiting to see if we get another Florida 2000 debacle. I feel pretty confident that'll be the case.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Silly question: How many of you are more interested in how many (popular...no way they get electoral votes) votes 3rd party candidates pull from the front runners almost more than the eventual winner?

Yeah, I'm really praying for the Libertarian Party to pull 5 percent. That means major party status and is a big deal for future ballot access.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I'm really praying for the Libertarian Party to pull 5 percent. That means major party status and is a big deal for future ballot access.

I think that's a realistic outcome of this election. We shall see...

IndigoErth
11-08-2016, 03:44 PM
Somewhat curious to see how the 3rd parties do, yeah. Though for the heck/fun of it I also wish there would eventually be a list of the write-ins available online.

Mostly I'm just glad this thing is just about over. I think we need a week long national holiday where everybody just gets to say home and sleep in.

Jephael
11-08-2016, 03:45 PM
I stayed in all day, so never went out to vote. I feel kinda bad, but at the same time I just don't feel like my opinion really matters. I do prefer Hillary over Trump, though to be honest I'd rather we got 4 more years of Obama.

Funny fact, you can actually vote for just about anybody, real or fictional, so I was entertaining the notion of voting Master Splinter, LOL!!!

IndigoErth
11-08-2016, 04:07 PM
Funny fact, you can actually vote for just about anybody, real or fictional, so I was entertaining the notion of voting Master Splinter, LOL!!!
*cough* To be honest I was considering a write-in of Leonardo Hamato. :tlol:

Sorry, Leo, I didn't... chickened out on trying the write-in method on the local machines and decided to be an adult about it this time. Besides, technically he's not even old enough since they're only 33 this month. Heh. Maybe next time if I'm disappointed with these next four years and am even more disinterested in the candidates.

This is also why I want a list of write-ins, I want to see all the obscure ones. :P

The Deadman
11-08-2016, 04:07 PM

Yeah, you can vote for a stooge that cant be trusted with govt email servers, colluded with the DNC to screw over Bernie Sanders out of the primaries etc.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-08-2016, 04:08 PM
I stayed in all day, so never went out to vote. I feel kinda bad, but at the same time I just don't feel like my opinion really matters. I do prefer Hillary over Trump, though to be honest I'd rather we got 4 more years of Obama.

You have the ability to have a voice in who the leader of the country is and:
a) you didn't vote
b) you considered actually obtaining a ballot but voting for a fictional disgusting mutated rat.

I can understand a, but not b.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 04:10 PM
Yeah, you can vote for a stooge that cant be trusted with govt email servers, colluded with the DNC to screw over Bernie Sanders out of the primaries etc.

I didn't. I'll never vote D for President.

All of the real conservatives would have liked someone other than orange FDR being the Republican nominee though.

Jester
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM
It's the reason I went 3rd party.

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 04:19 PM
I'll always vote Democrat. God bless America. God bless the American people.

Hopefully us milliennials can continue to push the government forward, not bring it back to the 1950's. I did my civic duty and voted what any warm blooded New Yorker would do.

Jester
11-08-2016, 04:49 PM
This may be crazy, but serious question for you Cubed: If you ever felt that the Democratic candidate didn't represent you, would you still pull the lever for D or vote a candidate who more closely represents your political beliefs?

snake
11-08-2016, 04:50 PM
This may be crazy, but serious question for you Cubed: If you ever felt that the Democratic candidate didn't represent you, would you still pull the lever for D or vote a candidate who more closely represents your political beliefs?

Oh you know he would. He follows Cubed-Objectivism

ABrown
11-08-2016, 05:19 PM
This is the fifth presidential election that I've been eligible to vote in. In my life I've voted twice for one of the two major parties, and I've voted twice for the other major party. One election I opted not to vote at all.

ToTheNines
11-08-2016, 05:36 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuk1VAAFRd-ycmd3ZDw2g6aKtl-Irlpjj9u3aWNN1JNUVmNU5d

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-08-2016, 06:04 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuk1VAAFRd-ycmd3ZDw2g6aKtl-Irlpjj9u3aWNN1JNUVmNU5d

IF. ONLY. :tcool:

Spike Spiegel
11-08-2016, 06:31 PM
I voted for Johnson, as well as a Libertarian candidate who was running for the house.

But, weirdly enough, I voted for a Republican candidate for Superintendent of Schools.

Jester
11-08-2016, 07:15 PM
I voted for Johnson, as well as a Libertarian candidate who was running for the house.

But, weirdly enough, I voted for a Republican candidate for Superintendent of Schools.
I voted Libertarian save for the races with no candidates of that stripe.

IndigoErth
11-08-2016, 08:13 PM
On CNN's map made of dots for each state, Nebraska has an extra little dot attached (with a 2) that is still gray... what is that? :tconfuse:

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 09:58 PM
Anyone who didn't vote for Hilary or didn't vote at all, you guys gave Trump the win. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

This is like the season finale for a TV show where the supervillain wins and all the heroes are shocked. Congrats guys, Lex Luthor, Darth Vader, The Shredder, Magneto, and Dr. Doom won.

http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/node_primary/primary_image/16/05/trump_cartoon_villain.jpg

TurtleTitan97
11-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Shoot, I'd definitely vote for Doc Doom over the other two.

ABrown
11-08-2016, 10:14 PM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/node_primary/primary_image/16/05/trump_cartoon_villain.jpg

Kinda wondering who wins a battle royal between all of them. My money is on Vader.

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 10:21 PM
Pretty sure Apocalypse, Darkseid, etc. are more powerful than Darth Vader.

ABrown
11-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Pretty sure Apocalypse, Darkseid, etc. are more powerful than Darth Vader.

I have to show my ignorance and admit that I don't know which of them is Apocalypse. But where in that image is Darkseid?

CyberCubed
11-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Apocalypse is the one in the blue. Darkseid isn't in that picture.

DarkFell
11-08-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm sure that both Darkseid and Thanos would get into a fight. Because Marvel / DC ripped off each other. Same situation applies with The Joker / Green Goblin.
Lord Zedd eventually became good.
I'm kinda surprised that Super Skrull isn't in there.
Everyone would at least get a free balloon if Pennywise was President.
My money is on Skeletor.

Good pic CC.

mrmaczaps
11-09-2016, 01:43 AM
I voted for Castle because I did some research and found that his ideals lined up with the actual Constitution of the United States and he's not a criminal, a lying sack of sh!t or a man whore.

mrmaczaps
11-09-2016, 01:46 AM
I really can't undersyand why or how this group of people is so d@mned liberal....

Although it kinda does make a bit of sense.... such a shame though.

Candy Kappa
11-09-2016, 01:48 AM
I find it hilarious that there where Americans living in Norway for their twilight years, and they where campaigning for Trump.

DestronMirage22
11-09-2016, 06:09 AM

Shoot, the Goblins got my vote:P

BubblyShell22
11-09-2016, 10:17 AM
Anyone who didn't vote for Hilary or didn't vote at all, you guys gave Trump the win. I hope you're proud of yourselves.

This is like the season finale for a TV show where the supervillain wins and all the heroes are shocked. Congrats guys, Lex Luthor, Darth Vader, The Shredder, Magneto, and Dr. Doom won.

Actually, I'm very proud of the outcome. The Democratic Dictatorship is finally over and now the Republican Revolution can begin. I didn't vote but if I had, I would have voted for Trump. But considering that I had to stay home and take care of my father since we can't leave him in the house alone, I think many would understand why I didn't go out and vote. My mom did though and she voted for Trump.

CyberCubed
11-09-2016, 11:36 AM
Republicans want to bring the U.S. back to the 1950's. I feel sorry for all non-whites, women, and the LGBT crowd.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-09-2016, 01:13 PM
Republicans want to bring the U.S. back to the 1950's. I feel sorry for all non-whites, women, and the LGBT crowd.

Ditto. It's not even hyperbole. The Republican party has officially overstayed its welcome.

Katie
11-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Sh!t's already going down. One of my Latino coworkers got stopped at lunch and told he was being sent "back". He asked where and why, because he was a citizen. All you Mexicans are the same - illegal as f.ck and Trump won- Was the redponse. My coworker's family is Dominican.

Ugh craziness. Redneck Biggots

plastroncafe
11-09-2016, 01:31 PM
There's a reason why "May You Live Interesting Times" is considered a curse.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Sh!t's already going down. One of my Latino coworkers got stopped at lunch and told he was being sent "back". He asked where and why, because he was a citizen. All you Mexicans are the same - illegal as f.ck and Trump won- Was the redponse. My coworker's family is Dominican.

Sigh.

There's a reason why "May You Live Interesting Times" is considered a curse.

This.

CyberCubed
11-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Is that what's really happening down south? I can't say I'm surprised, it was all the southern folk that gave Trump his votes.

I hope everyone remains safe and sound.

Katie
11-09-2016, 01:45 PM
It wasnt just the south. It was the rust belt and the heartland and the southwest....

It was scared white men. Overwhelmingly. It's whitelash.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-09-2016, 01:54 PM
It wasnt just the south. It was the rust belt and the heartland and the southwest....

It was scared white men. Overwhelmingly. It's whitelash.

To be strictly fair, it was a lot of white men, white women, old people, and hypocritical religious people.

And much to my chagrin, I just described my home state with 90% accuracy.

Venom
11-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Is that what's really happening down south? I can't say I'm surprised, it was all the southern folk that gave Trump his votes.

I hope everyone remains safe and sound.

It was two-thirds of the country, man.

And no, it's not typical of what's going on (Katie and I are from the same state). There's always going to be a few bigoted asshats who want to act out (for instance, the creep who slammed the Indian guy to the ground up here and paralyzed him).

IndigoErth
11-09-2016, 02:50 PM
Well, we may have been too few, but it's a good bunch of states among my fellow blues and glad to count them among the places that still have some sense. (I'm disappointed in you though PA... granted I suppose it was quite neck and neck.)

This country has lost it's mind. I wasn't all crazy for Hilary, or anyone for that matter, but this.... Wtf. I can understand wanting change, but not all options for change are inherently better.

Shall we have a fit and claim it was rigged? If this was the other way around I'm sure there would be no end over rants about the popular vote.

Side note, it's kinda sad that MI was one of the ones that they were saying last night that it might partly really depend on... and then they've taken so long that their votes pretty much don't even matter now.

Also that's got to suck for those in solidly blue counties in otherwise very red states... :ohwell:

Dem dictatorship? As if Repubs have ever been any better. At the end of the day they are all self serving politicians. And now we've got a disconnected, arrogant billionaire who thinks he knows a damn thing about running a country. Good job, America.

(Running a business is not experience for running a country.. Heck, experience does not always translate between even different kinds of business; already saw that first hand some years ago when an former Apple guy, who was very successful for Apple, nearly ruined the entirely different kind of company I was working for when he found out that his ideas just didn't translate. He still got rich while many regular people became jobless.)

I really can't undersyand why or how this group of people is so d@mned liberal....
It's an international crowd, why is it so surprising.

plastroncafe
11-09-2016, 03:06 PM
I love the notion that the Democrats had a dictatorship, all the while the Republicans had control of both the House and Senate.
It's like...the definition of Poe's Law.

Optimus Primer
11-09-2016, 04:48 PM

Doctor Doom- President
Lord Zedd- VP

mrmaczaps
11-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Well, we may have been too few, but it's a good bunch of states among my fellow blues and glad to count them among the places that still have some sense. (I'm disappointed in you though PA... granted I suppose it was quite neck and neck.)

This country has lost it's mind. I wasn't all crazy for Hilary, or anyone for that matter, but this.... Wtf. I can understand wanting change, but not all options for change are inherently better.

Shall we have a fit and claim it was rigged? If this was the other way around I'm sure there would be no end over rants about the popular vote.

Side note, it's kinda sad that MI was one of the ones that they were saying last night that it might partly really depend on... and then they've taken so long that their votes pretty much don't even matter now.

Also that's got to suck for those in solidly blue counties in otherwise very red states... :ohwell:

Dem dictatorship? As if Repubs have ever been any better. At the end of the day they are all self serving politicians. And now we've got a disconnected, arrogant billionaire who thinks he knows a damn thing about running a country. Good job, America.

(Running a business is not experience for running a country.. Heck, experience does not always translate between even different kinds of business; already saw that first hand some years ago when an former Apple guy, who was very successful for Apple, nearly ruined the entirely different kind of company I was working for when he found out that his ideas just didn't translate. He still got rich while many regular people became jobless.)

It's an international crowd, why is it so surprising.

And what about all those liberal crybabies burning cities and destrouing orivate property? Obozo won twice and Conservatives didn't burn anything to the ground. No mass riots or people blocking roadways.

Liberalism is a disease. Its okay for liberals to discriminate against anuone they feel is "stuck in the 50s" but if a cake bakery can't put their heart and soul into baking and participating in a gay marriage, those folks can't go next door and get one? Turn the other cheek. Walk away. Pretend you have the moral high ground (you don't) and walk away. Don't destroy someones livelyhood over nothing. I've had comic artists refuse to draw sketch covers simply because I'm a Christian and they don't want my money, even ones I thought of as friends. But you don't see me suing them for discrimination.

Trump wasn't my vote but again, I'm damn glad Pantsuit didn't win. She'd have flushed this country further down the crapper. After 8 years of a muslim dirtbag in the WH piting criminals against cops, you'd think y'all would be damn tired of seeing friends and family killing each other.

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 01:58 PM
After 8 years of a muslim dirtbag in the WH piting criminals against cops.

lol, wat. :lol:

PApagreg
11-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Liberalism is a disease. Its okay for liberals to discriminate against anuone they feel is "stuck in the 50s" but if a cake bakery can't put their heart and soul into baking and participating in a gay marriage, those folks can't go next door and get one? Turn the other cheek. Walk away. Pretend you have the moral high ground (you don't) and walk away. Don't destroy someones livelyhood over nothing. I've had comic artists refuse to draw sketch covers simply because I'm a Christian and they don't want my money, even ones I thought of as friends. But you don't see me suing them for discrimination.
If you have a business that does something and you don't do it based on the customers sex, religon,race, orientation or country of origin then you are breaking the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also I'm very skeptical of comic artist refusing doing anything for you just because you are a Christian.

Trump wasn't my vote but again, I'm damn glad Pantsuit didn't win. She'd have flushed this country further down the crapper. After 8 years of a muslim dirtbag in the WH piting criminals against cops, you'd think y'all would be damn tired of seeing friends and family killing each other.

Obama isn't a Muslim, he had more drone strikes then any other president so I don't see how people like you think hes friendly with Muslims. Also Obama never pitted criminals against cops and friends and family killing each other isn't an epidemic in America.

ToTheNines
11-11-2016, 02:08 PM
He's trolling.

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 02:17 PM
After 8 years of a muslim dirtbag in the WH piting criminals against cops, you'd think y'all would be damn tired of seeing friends and family killing each other.

How can you be expected to be taken seriously when you make a comment like that? Calling Obama a "muslim dirtbag?"

Isn't that a bannable offense?

mrmaczaps
11-11-2016, 02:55 PM
If you have a business that does something and you don't do it based on the customers sex, religon,race, orientation or country of origin then you are breaking the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also I'm very skeptical of comic artist refusing doing anything for you just because you are a Christian.

Obama isn't a Muslim, he had more drone strikes then any other president so I don't see how people like you think hes friendly with Muslims. Also Obama never pitted criminals against cops and friends and family killing each other isn't an epidemic in America.

If I have a business, making anything and I can't put my heart and soul into, I won't do it and not a damnmperson in the world can FORCE me to do it.

And you'd be wrong. Obama is muslim. He prays muslim prayers. Hates Christians. Hates cops, law & order. Doesn't give two ***** about American people.

mrmaczaps
11-11-2016, 02:56 PM
He's trolling.

Nope. Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country. His only good point in 8 yewrs is record gun sales.

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Damn, think we found Bizzarro Cybercubed.

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 02:57 PM
LOL

And you'd be wrong. Obama is muslim. He prays muslim prayers. Hates Christians. Hates cops, law & order. Doesn't give two ***** about American people.

This reads like a post from reddit or youtube.

snake
11-11-2016, 02:59 PM
A tale of two Cybercubeds?

IndigoErth
11-11-2016, 03:43 PM
I think trolling would be for the best.

http://i.imgur.com/E9Qf2IA.gif

ToTheNines
11-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Nope. Obama is the worst thing to happen to this country. His only good point in 8 yewrs is record gun sales.

I'm no fan boy, but don't be a fool. People like you are why people like me get called a racist for critiquing his policies.

He is a fake Christian though, as I'm sure many politicians are so as to be more palatable to the voters who care about that crap. Go read The Audacity of Hope, he makes it pretty clear he's a non-believer.

But yeah, I don't care if the man prays to Allah, The Flying Spaghetti Monster, or George Lucas at night. Doesn't change the things, bad or good, that he's done as President.

Jester
11-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Welp it was fun while it lasted...

mrmaczaps, I also hear Obamer was born in Kenya....