PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Critic OOTS

Autbot_Benz
11-08-2016, 03:46 PM
https://vid.me/gbu8

Jephael
11-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Aw man, I'm only a few minutes into watching it and I'm already amused. Sure hope they post this to one of their YouTube channels so I can add it to my TMNT Fan Films playlist!!!

Autbot_Benz
11-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Aw man, I'm only a few minutes into watching it and I'm already amused. Sure hope they post this to one of their YouTube channels so I can add it to my TMNT Fan Films playlist!!!

It should be up on youtube thursday.

Jephael
11-08-2016, 03:58 PM
It should be up on youtube thursday.

I might have to wait until then to watch it. Stupid video on that site keeps lagging, and it's annoying as hell!!!

Utrommaniac
11-08-2016, 11:37 PM
Ah, the weirdness of Brad Garrett as Krang comes together with the weirdness of Christopher Lloyd as King Louie. Perfect.

Autbot_Benz
11-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Ah, the weirdness of Brad Garrett as Krang comes together with the weirdness of Christopher Lloyd as King Louie. Perfect.

it wasn't Christopher Lloyd as Louie it was Christopher Walken

Utrommaniac
11-09-2016, 01:45 AM
Oh yeah...I was so fuzzed up with watching the election the two just blended together.

But I still stand by the double-up in silliness.

Powder
11-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Well, this was a lot more critical than I was expecting, but not quite critical enough for my liking. :trazz: Sort of amusing, I guess. I love James but he was barely involved in this, & I can't stand NC's "supporting cast", so it didn't do much for me. Coulda shaved this thing down to 15 minutes easily.

PApagreg
11-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Thought this episode was good, got a few good laughs here and there but didn't have any burst out laughing moments. I give it an 8/10

Autbot_Benz
11-09-2016, 11:43 AM
my favorite part was when they did whiny noises whenever Casey talked man they really cut off Casey's balls in this movie.

AlZarkovski
11-09-2016, 04:41 PM
TOEKnRvKUto

Coola Yagami
11-10-2016, 07:43 AM
Well, this was a lot more critical than I was expecting, but not quite critical enough for my liking. :trazz: Sort of amusing, I guess. I love James but he was barely involved in this, & I can't stand NC's "supporting cast", so it didn't do much for me. Coulda shaved this thing down to 15 minutes easily.

Yeah to be honest with James, Andre and even the Honest Trailers Guy, this one really didn't need Critics crew. I like some of his newer stuff but I'll always like his older reviews that were just reviews and not all out mini movies because he's forced to give those other guys something to do.

neatoman
11-10-2016, 09:51 AM
So who wants a Walken Krang saying "**** the cops, **** 'em" in an actual TMNT movie?

Utrommaniac
11-10-2016, 11:23 AM
As voiced by Pat Fraley. Heck, I'll take Pat Fraley doing Krang improv that just happens to involve him swearing a little bit.

Andrew NDB
11-10-2016, 01:58 PM
Was kind of hard to watch. There were some chuckles, but that was a lot more of the movie than I had ever planned to sit through. They kind of made it way bigger than it needed to be. I'd have been infinitely more interested if it was just those 3 going point by point amongst each other.

neatoman
11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Was kind of hard to watch. There were some chuckles, but that was a lot more of the movie than I had ever planned to sit through. They kind of made it way bigger than it needed to be. I'd have been infinitely more interested if it was just those 3 going point by point amongst each other.

So which clip of the movie irked you the most? I'm going to guess... The dick joke?

IndigoErth
11-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Could have done without the, uh, segments that had nothing to do with the movie, but it was otherwise amusing enough.

Coola Yagami
11-11-2016, 07:16 AM
I only liked when they took Malcolm's word for defeating godzilla because it's just like everyone believing Mr never been a fight Vernon Fenwick somehow out punched the Shredder in his giant transformer suit.

Good having the honest trailers guy there but that should have been his one scene. Everything else after the krang voice over was unnecessary.

TigerClaw
11-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Here's the bloopers from that video.

a8grNilLaAc

ranger_scout
11-15-2016, 06:41 PM
I've had a while to think about this video and the guys are right. There might have been some moments that will please fans, but it overall doesn't flow together as a movie.

IndigoErth
11-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Yeah, if it had been longer (and I know that thought is horrifying to some lol) it might have worked a little better just for the sake of having more time to create a competent, cohesive, well thought out story.

Just like the film, even when I read the book I likewise noticed that somewhere between half way and 2/3rds of the way through the story it noticeably became more rushed and detail drops off as if they suddenly realized there was a time frame to stick to and they were running short.

Have somewhat wondered if the guys writing the script were getting pressure on them at that point to hurry up...

Andrew NDB
11-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Yeah, if it had been longer (and I know that thought is horrifying to some lol) it might have worked a little better just for the sake of having more time to create a competent, cohesive, well thought out story.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b3/f5/c4/b3f5c47c7c0be5267e7eedc42ec97a91.jpg

IndigoErth
11-15-2016, 10:55 PM
Alright, alright... in addition to a few extra years invested in the creation of it along with a further changing of the guard. :trazz:

Though my previous comment was simply about it being clearly rushed at some point and losing out for it. Not making a better different story, but just simply telling that one better.

ssjup81
11-15-2016, 11:51 PM
I saw this review last week. It was okay, but I agree about poor James. He didn't have much to do at all. Sucks that he didn't. I also felt that the first reivew for hte 2014 movie flowed better, but I still found this one funny. Like how they got the Honest Trailers guy in there.

sgtfbomb
11-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I haven't watched it since it was out in theaters, but I thought it was a much more enjoyable film than its predecessor.