PDA

View Full Version : Should Eric Sacks appear in the Nick cartoon and future tmnt versions?

FredWolfLeonardo
11-11-2016, 12:30 AM
What do you think? He was actually my favorite character from the 2014 film and I think alot more can be done with him in future versions, so do you reckon he would make a good character if he was redone.

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Eric Sachs is literally the worst TMNT character ever created simply because of what he represents. He was going to be a white man Shredder. No Oroku Saki, it was white man Eric Sachs as Shredder.

A disgusting 60 year old crusty old white man as THE Shredder. Sickening.

It's a disgrace to the character and an insult to the TMNT franchise. I HATE him. He's probably the only TMNT character I truly hate.

Just makes me sick.

Wildcat
11-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Well he's kinda generic. I'd rather Venus return in some updated way.

Autbot_Benz
11-11-2016, 01:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/RdriG43.gif

nobody wants Eric Sachs in any other TMNT media he is like Venus a stain on the TMNT franchise

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 01:27 AM
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/william-fichtner-tmnt.jpg

I hate him. I HATE Eric Sachs.

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I HATE him.

I actually enjoy watching the beginning of the Dark Knight now because I enjoy seeing Joker kill him in the opening bank robbery scene by shooting him and placing the grenade in his mouth. I pretend its Eric Sachs because he's played by the same actor.

neatoman
11-11-2016, 02:41 AM
The character was originally going to be the Shredder, but then the movie was edited to make him a separate character. The problem then is that all you have left is an arrogant businessman who is also a scientist, a role easily filled by Baxter Stockman.

Although, as I was writing this, I realised that could be a pretty decent plot twist. You could there be a mystery of who Shredder is, most evidence points to the crimelord Oroku Saki, but then (with more discreet evidence pointing to him) it turns out to be Baxter Stockman, bum-bum-bum.

Fishface
11-11-2016, 03:11 AM
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/william-fichtner-tmnt.jpg

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.

I HATE him.

I actually enjoy watching the beginning of the Dark Knight now because I enjoy seeing Joker kill him in the opening bank robbery scene by shooting him and placing the grenade in his mouth. I pretend its Eric Sachs because he's played by the same actor.

Dude, shut up. You got your point across, you don't like Sachs. No one cares. Please stop spamming it. You already spammed on the OOTS thread, you don't need to do it here.

Anyways, on the ACTUAL topic itself, I can see him having an okay appearance in the show, but I don't think he will stand out and he will be another generic villain. On the overhand, we don't have enough human villains in the show so him the series is not a terrible idea but not the best idea.

But honestly if I had to pick Sachs or Tatsu, I would pick Tatsu as Tatsu deserves to be in the 2012 series more than Sachs.

snake
11-11-2016, 04:56 AM

I HATE him.

Finally, something new to trigger you with :lol:

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 05:19 AM
lol, no. We have better evil business man villains to pick.

DestronMirage22
11-11-2016, 07:21 AM
No. He was barely even a character in the one movie he was in. He was more like a leftover from when the movie was gonna be even worse, before they made all those edits.

TurtleTitan97
11-11-2016, 07:42 AM
No thanks.

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 08:10 AM
plus, without Fictner's hammy scenery chewing, there is nothing special to Sacks as a character. "stupid rich" is his one note.

thundermaster612
11-11-2016, 08:14 AM
I may like the PD movies. But I ****ing hate Eric Sachs. One of the worst TMNT characters ever.

Optimus Primer
11-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Ew. He's so generic and dumb! He should never be seen or spoken of again, in any incarnation in the future. Sachs has NO personality, and, like Destron said, he's just a shell of a character from the first draft of the film.

miru
11-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Eric Sachs should only ever be brought up again in the franchise as a joke, much like several others.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Eric Sachs should only ever be brought up again in the franchise as a joke, much like several others.

TMNT Standup Routine:

"Venus"
<laughter>
"Zach"
<laughter>
"Cody"
<laughter>
"Serling"
<laughter>
"Eric Sachs!"
<roars of laughter>
"Megan Fox!"
<roars of laughter>
"Stephen Amell!"
<roars of laughter>
"NOSTRILS!!!!"
<a tsunami of laughter>
"Good night everyone, thanks for coming, you've been a wonderful audience!"
<riotous applause>

Andrew NDB
11-11-2016, 11:15 AM
He was a little bit too much like an evil-leaning version of Max Winters from... the film right before it.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BR4736/max-winters-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-2007-BR4736.jpg

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-11-2016, 11:26 AM
He was a little bit too much like an evil-leaning version of Max Winters from... the film right before it.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BR4736/max-winters-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tmnt-2007-BR4736.jpg

At least THAT guy's plan sorta made sense.

Sachs' plan was the intellectual equivalent of a Jackson Pollock painting.

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 11:44 AM
And now we have Darius Dunn in the IDW comic doing the same thing.

How many evil business men do we need?

Andrew NDB
11-11-2016, 12:23 PM
And now we have Darius Dunn in the IDW comic doing the same thing.

How many evil business men do we need?

One more.

http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/archie/specials/sourcebook/02/02.jpg

neatoman
11-11-2016, 12:34 PM
One more.

http://www.miragelicensing.com/comics/archie/specials/sourcebook/02/02.jpg

That's a businesswoman now.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/tmnt/images/5/58/Null_idw1.png/revision/latest?cb=20150320194445

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Null becoming a female is one of the few gender changes I actually like. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, literally.

neatoman
11-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Null becoming a female is one of the few gender changes I actually like. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned, literally.

Me too!... For, uh... Different reasons...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/82/24/fa/8224fa2515364906c66d84f86818dd1e.jpg

That reminds me, is she like a literal demon or just demon-like (think Nightcrawler)?

BTW, thanks for reminding me of the latest episode of South Park.

You see, hell has no fury like a woman scorned. And trust me, my wife is a crazy bitch. She and all the other women in the world are about to get payback, and we are all completely ****ed. It's my fault, really. I've done things my whole life that gradually broke her spirit, and now that she lost everything let me assure you, she is piiiiiiiiiissssed. Now our only chance is to keep our heads low and act like we're changed men, because we're very close to the end...

... Women are sick of our ****, son, and soon they're gonna know everything we've said and done online. Unless we start kissing their asses, we're all going to be put in a big chamber underground and milked for our semen!

... What if Null is a mutant Hillary Clinton?

Andrew NDB
11-11-2016, 01:21 PM
If IDW follows suit with who Null was supposed to be in the Archies then I guess IDW Null would have to be... Paula K. Allen at Nickelodeon.

DestronMirage22
11-11-2016, 02:34 PM
If IDW follows suit with who Null was supposed to be in the Archies then I guess IDW Null would have to be... Paula K. Allen at Nickelodeon.

Did they ever say who Null was supposed to be in real life?

Andrew NDB
11-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Did they ever say who Null was supposed to be in real life?

Murphy did privately.

DestronMirage22
11-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Murphy did privately.

He did? How long ago was that? And how didn't I hear the news?

CyberCubed
11-11-2016, 02:44 PM
IDW will probably retcon Null into part of the Pantheon with Kitsune and Rat King.

Andrew NDB
11-11-2016, 02:47 PM
IDW will probably retcon Null into part of the Pantheon with Kitsune and Rat King.

Probably. He's supposed to be a bit meta... a bit of 4th wall breakage. If IDW just makes "her" into an actual demon, or part of some spiritual circle of beings... that's missing the whole point of the character.

Powder
11-11-2016, 03:07 PM
He did? How long ago was that? And how didn't I hear the news?

Might've been the whole private aspect?

Casey
11-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Eric Sachs is literally the worst TMNT character ever created simply because of what he represents. He was going to be a white man Shredder. No Oroku Saki, it was white man Eric Sachs as Shredder.

A disgusting 60 year old crusty old white man as THE Shredder. Sickening.

It's a disgrace to the character and an insult to the TMNT franchise. I HATE him. He's probably the only TMNT character I truly hate.

Just makes me sick.

What he said.

IndigoErth
11-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Only if it's a crossover so 2012 (or other versions) can look at 2014 like, "Wait... this guy is you guys' villain? Seriously... "

"Yeah, why?"
"He's at least a Kraang android, right?"
"No. What's that?"
"So he's just a guy in a business suit...?"
"Yeah."
*sigh*
"Well we DO have a Shredder."
"Oh, okay, well in that case..."
"But he doesn't get involved all that much."
>.>

DestronMirage22
11-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Might've been the whole private aspect?

Did he only tell a couple of his friends or something? I thought he would've done something like that on a blog something. :ohwell:

Shellington
11-12-2016, 01:57 AM
As an alias to Oruku Saki, but no more.

WebLurker
11-22-2016, 10:09 PM
If they can think of a good story that Sacks would work in, why not bring him back?

sdp
04-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Yes, I want him back.

CyberCubed
04-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Yes, I want him back.

I bet you revived this thread just so I would post in it. Eric Sachs deserves to rot in the fiery pits of hell and die a death of 1000 suns. Never before has these been a TMNT character that deserves to be erased from existence. I didn't even feel this way about Venus.

snake
04-10-2017, 01:48 PM
If they have a good story for him, sure. Null or Max Winters kind of use his function though.

sdp
04-10-2017, 04:13 PM
I don't remember Null since it's been a while that I read Archie but he's not really like Max Winters; Winters was an aztec warrior who could live forever and had other warrior brothers, sure he was rich but that's about the only common thing.

Sacks is also a scientist and related to April which kind of steps on Baxter Stockman's shoes a bit but he's not such a bad character and I wish he would've appeared in OOTS since it feels like poor writing for him not to even be mentioned. At the end of the day he was not Shredder just as the turtles were not aliens and while he was a bit unnecessary you can work with him in a new interpretation. A foot leader who is a businessman and knows some science? Why not instead of some generic guy in that role.

Aaronardo
04-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Dear god, someone asked this and someone revived the thread? As many things I hated about that movie, Eric Sachs was the one thing I hated the absolute most, mostly because his inclusion triggered many of the plot's faults. I think Cubed summed up my own thoughts on this subject pretty perfectly:

I HATE him.

neatoman
04-11-2017, 03:51 AM
Well Shredder is in hell, perfect time for Mr. "Stupid Rich" to step in as his replacement.

AlessandraDC
04-11-2017, 06:58 AM
I think every character has potential. It all depends on the writing. I would not be opposed to seeing Sacks used in other incarnations.

biganimefan
04-11-2017, 08:48 AM
No...just, no. I am KINDA a fan of the PD movies, but it is still by far the worst of the TMNT incarnations(with the possible exception of Next Mutation. I don't know, I need to get myself to watch the other half of the series...). Also, Eric Sacks was a mistake of epic proportions.

ProphetofGanja
04-11-2017, 11:55 AM
No........

AlessandraDC
04-11-2017, 03:19 PM
haha I see that I have an unpopular opinion... I'm not saying I WANT to see Sacks again, but I do think good writing makes a world of difference. I do think Baxter - in the IDW comics - sort of plays some of the role that Sacks would have anyway.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
04-15-2017, 05:35 AM
I don't remember Null since it's been a while that I read Archie but he's not really like Max Winters; Winters was an aztec warrior who could live forever and had other warrior brothers, sure he was rich but that's about the only common thing.

Null was an evil businessman, behind a lot of rainforest-chopping down in Brazil, co-operating with extraterrestrial Maligna. He was also like a demon (maybe mutant or extraterrestrial in disguise?), and was revealed to have horns like the devil. He also had wings.

slingtheory
04-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Very late to the party here but I gotta say sachs is the most unnecessary character in tmnt history. Everything about the guy is stolen from more interesting characters that already exist in the franchise. If you want him to be the shredder he's just a race swapped shadow of the original character with none of the attributes or personality traits that make oroku saki compelling or intimidating. Take away the shredder angle he's pretty much just Baxter stockman with no mousers. In a series of mostly pointless and stupid ideas sachs is the most pointless and stupid

Coola Yagami
04-23-2017, 09:50 AM
His evil plan would be to capture the turtles and give them nostrils which would somehow make him stupid rich. That story deserves a 5 issue IDW mini.

Allio
04-23-2017, 11:08 AM
What do you think? He was actually my favorite character from the 2014 film and I think alot more can be done with him in future versions, so do you reckon he would make a good character if he was redone.

I had a good idea, essentially it would be the name of Nobody's identity in a version I made up.

Erich Sachs was raised by the foot clan (they killed his parents and kidnapped him as a baby) to be a kurokage for Oroku Saki, he escapes when he was a young adult and now has a batman thing going on in newyork. In my version of TMNT, The Leonardo Micro + Issue 10 episode would also include Nobody, as well as the turtle that is hurt is Michelangelo instead of Leo/Raph.

Granted, I would also be willing to use 2014's shredder...but only as Ch'rell's super shredder armor.

mrmaczaps
04-23-2017, 11:37 AM

No. No. No. No... annnnd No.

The ONLY way I want to see an "Eric Sacks" is if its someone that appears on a newspaper headline as a victim of the Foot Clan and he's dead, dead dead...