PDA

View Full Version : Is Splinter irresponsible

PApagreg
11-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Simple question but the dude barely does anything to stop Shredder, he just mostly stays in his Dojo while Shredder continues to build death machines and make more mutants whats worse is that he more or less created Super Shredder for not finishing off Saki or at least checked if Shredder was recovering.

Thoughts.

Candy Kappa
11-11-2016, 06:53 PM
He kinda is. Although I wasn't a fan on how active 2k3 Splinter was, having a younger Splinter who is still in good fighting condition is making him rather irresponsible when he knows Shredder is actively hunting for him, his sons and are wrecking up stuff.

I wish it was a explanation to it, like have him have a fear/phobia of going outside or other reason on why he can't be more involved.

victory_angel
11-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I don't see Splinter as irresponsible.

Unlike the Shredder, Splinter doesn't act out of hatred. Anger yes, but not hatred. This is why he leaves Shredder alive when he fights, he doesn't want to kill his former brother. But rather clings to the vain hope that his old friend will come to his senses and seek an honorable end.

Because despite the Shredder's twisted views, Hamato Yoshi did care for and value his adopted brother and still does. This is why he always looks sad when he walks away from the Shredder because seeing someone he loved and respected as a brother...as a friend as an enemy does hurt him. And also the Shredder is the last person truly connected to his old family and his old he has left. So he just defeats the Shredder and let Karma take its course rather than kill him directly.

Even in this last encounter, Splinter had told the Shredder mutagen was unstable and to let them help him because the mutagen was destroying him from the inside out.

Unfortunately every action the Shredder destroys all sense of honor he is trying to gain back. And much like the Greek myths about hades, the land of the dead in Japanese myth does have its lands of paradise (Tengoku) and it's lands of punishments, such as Jigoku (Hell).

Splinter himself is no saint and knows he would also have to face the Judgments of Meido (Japanese Underworld).

myconius
11-11-2016, 10:43 PM
if you mean in that he's always getting himself killed??
then YES!!! the Nick toon Splinter is definitely irresponsible! :lol:

TMNTInsighter
11-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Simple question but the dude barely does anything to stop Shredder, he just mostly stays in his Dojo while Shredder continues to build death machines and make more mutants whats worse is that he more or less created Super Shredder for not finishing off Saki or at least checked if Shredder was recovering.

Thoughts.

You'd have to say the same thing about every other animated hero or team of heroes out there. So unless we group them all together then no, I don't think it's fair to call him irresponsible.