PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 87 Monopoly

LuckyLadybug
11-12-2016, 08:28 PM
So I was browsing on Amazon and it recommended a Monopoly that was apparently based on the 1987 series, judging from the artwork. I tried to read the reviews, but for some idiotic reason Amazon was lumping the reviews for the Firefly Monopoly in with it! **headdesk.** I could hardly find any that actually talked about the correct product, and those that did were pretty vague.

So, my question is, does anyone have this and know what it's like/if it's worth getting/etc.?

super curry max
11-12-2016, 09:00 PM
it came out just recently. it uses a lot of stock artwork and nothing too spectacular. the little houses are pizza slices and the hotels are pizza boxes. I love all things turtles but not even I could bring myself to own that piece of crap. monopoly itself is just a terrible boring game.

TMNT1984
11-13-2016, 08:46 AM
My wife got the game for my birthday in October and I love it! All the properties have been renamed to be one of the baddies, the little figures are cool. We were both surprised that they didn't include April as a figure. But over all we both really loved it!

TheCanadiandrome
11-13-2016, 01:03 PM
I plan to get it as well if I can find it.

LuckyLadybug
11-13-2016, 05:20 PM
My wife got the game for my birthday in October and I love it! All the properties have been renamed to be one of the baddies, the little figures are cool. We were both surprised that they didn't include April as a figure. But over all we both really loved it!

Yeah, I was rather irritated that April wasn't listed as a playable character! As much as I love Casey in general, he was barely in the 87 series.

How does it work for the properties to be renamed to the baddies? LOL. Does that mean you can "buy" Krang, Shredder, etc.? I thought it might be that you could buy places like the Technodrome, Dimension X's asteroid, etc.

Raptor86
11-14-2016, 03:15 AM
My friends gave it for my 30th birthday

I made some photos here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/TMNTItalia/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1229254370427408

LuckyLadybug
11-14-2016, 05:16 AM
LOL, that is so strange to see the villains as properties. The Turtle Van makes sense, but Shredder, Rocksteady, and Bebop? LOL.

It looks really nice, though! I love the figure sculpts.

TMNT1984
11-14-2016, 07:20 AM
Yeah when we played it with my folks, my mom had a hard time purchasing Rat King. She said gross! Hahaha