PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson teases 2020 presidential run

CyberCubed
11-14-2016, 11:44 AM
http://www.cbr.com/dwayne-johnson-teases-2020-presidential-run-i-wouldnt-rule-it-out/

President-Elect Trump probably shouldn’t get too comfortable in the Oval Office — at least until he finds out what The Rock is cooking.

Although Dwayne Johnson has talked before about the possibility of entering politics, it seemed like something that might happen in the distant future. Now, however, it sounds as if the future could be closer than we think.

Asked Sunday whether he might consider a White House bid in 2020 to help reunite a divided country, the WWE wrestler turned movie superstar told Vanity Fair, “I wouldn’t rule it out. It would be a great opportunity to help people, so it’s possible. This past election shows that anything can happen.”

The Rock Vs. Trump in 2020 presidential elections? After Trump won the presidency, I can believe anything.

snake
11-14-2016, 01:12 PM
I'd vote for the Rock. Two consecutive WWE hall of famers in office? Awesome.

The Deadman
11-14-2016, 01:24 PM
The Rock would probably be a better "black" President than Obama.

DestronMirage22
11-14-2016, 01:56 PM
http://nataliezed.ca/wp-content/uploads/Oh-Lord.jpg

TheSkeletonMan939
11-14-2016, 02:08 PM
If his VP is Hulk Hogan, I'll vote for him.

Prowler
11-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Part of me feels this is my fault.

XERO
11-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Start callin' him "The People's President" already.

IndigoErth
11-14-2016, 04:14 PM
And teasing it better be.

Could we possibly just not continue a trend of celebrities trying to be presidents, governors, etc.. :roll: I mean, at this point, it's only a matter of time before we end up with a Kardashian. Overheard a co-worker at break today jokingly suggesting Kim as a first lady and were I eating I'd have choked.

The highest, most powerful job position in the land and it has little qualification requirements other than birthplace and age. Eesh, even a lot of little stupid jobs these days prefer a bachelors degree, require background checks, pee test, sometimes credit check, etc. Maybe running for Pres. should at least have an IQ test and psychological evaluation attached.

ToTheNines
11-14-2016, 04:29 PM
**** it. Might as well let it be exclusively celebrities at this point. Even with Hillary, she's a lousy politician who's been in the spotlight for the past 25 years, so she was more "celeb" than "stateswoman".

And all these idiots on the internet want Michelle Obama in 2020 lol. So yeah, **** it. Vince Vaughn, Matt Damon, Chris Rock, Tila Tequila, Drew Carey, Andy Dick, Barney the ****ing Dinosaur.

We fools don't read anything anymore, or actually care. We just want good television and something to harp about on our social media platform of choice. #hashtag

I'm just waiting patiently for President Camacho.

plastroncafe
11-14-2016, 04:31 PM
So we're ignoring her 8 years as First Lady, 8 years in the Senate, and 4 years as Secretary of State.

Totally nothing more than a celebrity.

ToTheNines
11-14-2016, 04:43 PM
So we're ignoring her 8 years as First Lady, 8 years in the Senate, and 4 years as Secretary of State.

Totally nothing more than a celebrity.

I'm not ignoring, I'm saying she sucked at it.

First lady? *fart noise*

NY Senator? Least free state in the country *queef noise*

Secretary of State? I have a lot to say, but I know I won't change your mind in the slightest *sad trombone noise*

Either way, she's always been more of a tabloid magnet than anything. You can probably blame Bill.

plastroncafe
11-14-2016, 04:47 PM
You can probably blame Bill, I've my own theories.
But, I applaud your uses of "front fart."
That's bold, given how pearl-clutchy people've gotten around here for that.

Upon further reflection, I kind of dig the logic...because I can crib it to talk about how crap Reagan was as both a legislator and executive.

snake
11-14-2016, 04:52 PM
**** it. Might as well let it be exclusively celebrities at this point. Even with Hillary, she's a lousy politician who's been in the spotlight for the past 25 years, so she was more "celeb" than "stateswoman".

And all these idiots on the internet want Michelle Obama in 2020 lol. So yeah, **** it. Vince Vaughn, Matt Damon, Chris Rock, Tila Tequila, Drew Carey, Andy Dick, Barney the ****ing Dinosaur.

We fools don't read anything anymore, or actually care. We just want good television and something to harp about on our social media platform of choice. #hashtag

I'm just waiting patiently for President Camacho.

Hahaha Camacho was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread

ToTheNines
11-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Upon further reflection, I kind of dig the logic...because I can crib it to talk about how crap Reagan was as both a legislator and executive.

As a fellow Reagan detractor, I'd be interested in your take on him.

plastroncafe
11-14-2016, 05:14 PM
The only good thing I can say about him is that he was once speaking at Disney World the same time as my family was visiting.

The lines for the cool rides were way shorter as a result.
That was nice.

Powder
11-14-2016, 05:43 PM
I'm not ignoring, I'm saying she sucked at it.

First lady? *fart noise*

NY Senator? Least free state in the country *queef noise*

Secretary of State? I have a lot to say, but I know I won't change your mind in the slightest *sad trombone noise*

Either way, she's always been more of a tabloid magnet than anything. You can probably blame Bill.

Killing me with the sound effects. :tlol:

Jester
11-14-2016, 05:53 PM
Ron Perlman has my vote already...sorry Dwayne.

Krutch
11-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

If I could vote, I'd vote for Rock only if he spoke at every hearing in character.

Spike Spiegel
11-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Insert "Idiocracy" reference here.

snake
11-14-2016, 06:29 PM
Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!

If I could vote, I'd vote for Rock only if he spoke at every hearing in character.

"It doesn't matter what the time limit is!"

ssjup81
11-15-2016, 06:06 AM
Hm, he'll lay the smackdown on his competition. :lol:

Hm, who would his running mate be? Stonecold? Mankind? Jesse Ventura? :-P

plastroncafe
11-15-2016, 07:35 AM
I would vote on a Johnson Ventura ticket.

ToTheNines
11-15-2016, 07:42 AM
Wouldn't we all be obligated to vote for that ticket? Ventura is TMNT alum.

plastroncafe
11-15-2016, 09:46 AM
After having done some research...he wanted to run Libertarian?
Yeah. Maybe he'd have my vote in the general election, depending on whether he'd be the lesser evil.

CyberCubed
11-16-2016, 02:45 PM
Maybe its better to have Hollywood stars running the country than corrupt politicians.

Utrommaniac
11-16-2016, 05:31 PM
I have this to say about Dwayne Johnson as a potential nominee- whether it happens or not, which I doubt. On a technicality, he is a Native American. Samoan, really. But it's a highly marginalized group who he could probably represent them better as a political figurehead than as an actor/wrestler.

Katie
11-17-2016, 05:35 AM
He's actually half black and half Samoan. Samoans are not the same as Native Americans.

In American Samoa I don't think the Samoans are a minority. On the mainland, yeah. But not in their home country.

I'd vote for him if I liked his message. Why not?

plastroncafe
11-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Shhhhh! Don't talk about marginalization! Or use the M-word at all!
You'll scare away the dude!bros!