PDA

View Full Version : Simply glad to be here...

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi, I'm terrible at introductions but I just want to say that it's great to discover a forum entirely dedicated to TMNT.

It's always fun to know the faces behind the screen so here's a recent selfie I took on a train (I really hope this works):

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10718&stc=1&d=1479181551

If you're interested, I'll also say how I discovered the turtles.
As a kid I watched the 80's cartoon, funnily enough I don't remember watching any particular episodes but I loved the theme tune and even asked my grandma at some point if she could knit me some turtles, but she didn't really knit.

Anyway, I tried rewatching the 80's cartoon when I was 16 but I couldn't get into it but I rediscovered my love for the theme tune.

At 22 I had moved to a new city, got a job, a flat etc and one night shift I got bored so decided to rewatch the first episode of the 80's cartoon again for nostalgia's sake. I did, I loved it. Sure, it had flaws but it has a kind of charm to it in the form of the characters. I researched it and discovered the comic, the other series and now I'm completely hooked.

So yeah, I'm looking forward to discussing the show with you guys. :tsmile:

Mzx10484
11-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Great introduction, welcome & greetings from Germany! Pity you've got no knitted Turtles, because knitted Turtles from your grandma would be a nice and personal souvenir from the past!

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Pleasure to meet you!

Yes, but this year for Christmas my grandparents are getting me a Michelangelo plushie so that's always something. I just think he's so sweet and endearing in the new show so I'll be extremely happy to get it.

Icebot
11-14-2016, 05:38 PM
Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy it here!

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 05:49 PM
I will, thank you! :tgrin:

kaptainmyke
11-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Welcome and cowabunga brah!

Gin Rummy
11-14-2016, 06:18 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome Forums! :)

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks everyone! :D

MikeandRaph87
11-14-2016, 07:56 PM
Welcome! Which turtle is your favorite and your favorite non-turtle?

DisKosh
11-14-2016, 08:25 PM
Welcome! Which turtle is your favorite and your favorite non-turtle?

Hmm, good one. Well usually it's Mikey, he's very childlike so I find that very sweet and endearing, but in the 1990 movie it's Raph.

Really though, I like all of them. I'll admit, I've kind of got a reputation for finding things cute and the turtles are no exception.

As for non-turtle, that really varies on the version. I like Splinter in the 2012 series. In the comics Casey and April are pretty much tied although I find April easier to relate to, I even dress a little like her but I think that's a sign of fashion coming full circle. Leatherhead's also awesome too but we don't really see that much of him so it feels weird to list him as my favourite but he's a very real candidate.

What about you? :)

DestronMirage22
11-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Welcome to the Technodrome!