PDA

View Full Version : TMNT 2017 Action Figures

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Huzzah
03-02-2017, 07:46 AM
You guys are getting worked up over nothing. You can't just call a big toy company like Playmates and expect whomever answers the phone to have any inside information or to understand much more than "turtles yeah we make those". And just because the don't have these characters planned now doesn't mean anything. They just rolled out the line for the next year at Toy Fair. They certainly aren't going to whip anything out of the blue this year but there's always next year and the one after. Lucky for you I plan to buy all the variants so maybe I'll keep it going for you and you can get these characters some day and complain about how crappy you think they are! That's what we do this all for right?! ;)

So basically you're saying buy a bunch of crap, even if you hate it, in hopes that maybe they'll put out something you do want, despite a track record proving that those hopes are in vain? Sure...that makes sense...

Also there is likely not a next year or following year if this is the last season of the cartoon. No show, no toy line.

DonnieLaForge
03-02-2017, 07:57 AM
So basically you're saying buy a bunch of crap, even if you hate it, in hopes that maybe they'll put out something you do want, despite a track record proving that those hopes are in vain? Sure...that makes sense...

Also there is likely not a next year or following year if this is the last season of the cartoon. No show, no toy line.

No, I'm not telling anybody to do anything. I just said what I'm going to do. And I don't *hate* any of it, personally.

As for more toys with no show, dunno. Is that really the way it works in the streaming, multi-media, adult collector world we now inhabit? My daughter likes character toys of her favorite things regardless of whether she has seen any new episodes lately.

Huzzah
03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Adult collectors world is drastically different from kid focused Toy world, i.e. Playmates, who have a history of ending a toy line as cartoons end.

DonnieLaForge
03-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Adult collectors world is drastically different from kid focused Toy world, i.e. Playmates, who have a history of ending a toy line as cartoons end.

That is most certainly true, but, this particular kids line does seem to have a lot of adults buying it...based on what I see here, and when I'm out in the stores.

Ninjinister
03-02-2017, 01:46 PM
That is most certainly true, but, this particular kids line does seem to have a lot of adults buying it...based on what I see here, and when I'm out in the stores.

I'm presuming Huzzah meant an adult collector's line. This line is not made with adults in mind at all, whereas there are many that are made with adults as the primary focus or skews for both age groups.

DonnieLaForge
03-02-2017, 03:09 PM
I'm presuming Huzzah meant an adult collector's line. This line is not made with adults in mind at all, whereas there are many that are made with adults as the primary focus or skews for both age groups.

I get it. Do you get what I'm saying? Just that the show may end, but that may not end the demand for the basic figure line immediately, given that kids have many ways to keep watching and revisiting shows/characters/franchises these days **and** many adults seem to like this line too and are not likely to stop being interested just because the show is done. That's it. Consider all the factors. I'm trying to be optimistic here for all of the Negative Nancys, but I can see that is a thankless task when surrounded by those who would rather sound intelligent than be contemplative.

Ninjinister
03-02-2017, 03:32 PM
I get it. Do you get what I'm saying? Just that the show may end, but that may not end the demand for the basic figure line immediately, given that kids have many ways to keep watching and revisiting shows/characters/franchises these days **and** many adults seem to like this line too and are not likely to stop being interested just because the show is done. That's it. Consider all the factors. I'm trying to be optimistic here for all of the Negative Nancys, but I can see that is a thankless task when surrounded by those who would rather sound intelligent than be contemplative.

There's no need to be insulting. And it doesn't matter how optimistic you want to be... if you throw logic out the window to do it, you're being counterproductive.

It's all moot anyway since they just announced a new more kid-friendly series for 2018.

snake
03-02-2017, 05:48 PM
If the new show's designs are more simplistic, that might prompt Playmates to put even less effort into a toyline.

Huzzah
03-02-2017, 06:54 PM

No need to be insulting about it, seriously had you just ended your statement at "you're trying to be optimistic", your point would've been made, after that It seems you're trying to sound combative. No one is trying to "sound intelligent," it's hardly trying to sound intelligent when one us using proven history from a toy company to support their stance. Playmates historically drops a line shortly after a cartoon ends, it's not about to change. Many adults liked the previous lines (the 4kids line is still one of my favorites) as well but that didn't prevent them from ending shortly after their cartoon ended. Playmates is not concerned with the adult collector however, as they've shown repeatedly with their lackluster attempts, so they aren't worried about keeping them as a buyer, in their mind, no cartoon equals no advertising equals no need to carry on a line.

Redemption
03-02-2017, 10:35 PM
I am going to pray that the new TMNT series brings some good toys at least at the start. The initial wave of tmnt figures for the 2012 line I thought were really great. Thats why I kept the original 12 figures and got rid of the rest.

I took that money and spent it on better stuff plus it made a lot of space in my room. WIN WIN! :D

EddieNES
03-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Will this cancel everything current? Nick, HSH, bloks?

This is huge!

Does playmates have a fricken lifelong contract with turtles or something?

Huzzah
03-03-2017, 06:40 AM
I'd expect it to replace the basic line, HSH may still release some stuff, and I really doubt it'll kill the bloks line, seeing as they release sets for multiple versions of the show simultaneously.

DonnieLaForge
03-03-2017, 08:37 AM
There's no need to be insulting. And it doesn't matter how optimistic you want to be... if you throw logic out the window to do it, you're being counterproductive.

It's all moot anyway since they just announced a new more kid-friendly series for 2018.

Says the guy who just said "Paula's useless ass"... I'm surprised that you were both insulted by me implying some of you sounded intelligent. I specifically phrased that not to be much of a slam, the more important part was an attempt to nudge to "be contemplative" in addition to sounding intelligent. Guess I failed. Yes, there was a fire in there but come on, insulted?

Anyway -- what a difference a day makes, eh?

Huzzah
03-03-2017, 05:11 PM
I'm surprised that you were both insulted by me implying some of you sounded intelligent.

Wow, you're just trolling for an argument aren't you? Good for you.

Ninjinister
03-03-2017, 06:40 PM
Says the guy who just said "Paula's useless ass"...

She IS useless!

And again, like so many others here, what's being said is taken completely out of context.

Paula: Playmates employee who has been there forever and has very obviously not been the best at her position, or at least the outward-facing part of such that we are privy to, for the entirety of her known career.

Us: Just a couple of people who don't want to be paying $10-12 a pop for something that we don't like... and have almost 30 years of evidence to show that that's not going to change.

Me slagging somebody whose professional interactions with myself and others have left me less than satisfied, is far different from you pretending we're trying to appear intelligent just because we don't want our hobbies to be full of garbage, but yet we know they will be.

HOWEVER maybe it was a bit out of line and I apologize.

Powder
03-11-2017, 02:35 PM
I guess it's fair to assume Savanti Romero was cancelled, eh? Just remembered that protoype from a while back. Wasn't gonna buy one myself, but it's a shame anyway.

Huzzah
03-11-2017, 02:55 PM
He would've been cancelled regardless. They would've claimed he was too big to produce...

Chris
03-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Yeah if I remember right they confirmed he was cancelled around the same time as Kraang Prime & the pets (pretty sure it was in one of Pixel Dan's videos from SDCC or NYCC). They said they might reconsider him if he ever appeared in the show again but since he wasn't shown at TF last month and it's been confirmed (I think) that what was shown was the last of the line before the new show I'm guessing he's not coming even though he's coming back on the show.

snake
03-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Bleh. I'm just pissed about Kavaxas.

Ninjinister
03-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Don't know where Tokka heard this from Ciro (I couldn't find on Ciro's IG), but he says, according to Ciro, Kavaxas IS getting a fig. We'll wait and see, I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRRaI7Kh5Ad/

Could've heard from him directly at some point. tOkKa hits up a lot of cons and keeps in touch with the movers and shakers pretty easily.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-12-2017, 08:02 AM
You guys forget that without Playmates, TMNT probably never would have made it into the mainstream like it did.

***Readies himself for defense against coming beratement***

Candy Kappa
03-12-2017, 09:53 AM
You guys forget that without Playmates, TMNT probably never would have made it into the mainstream like it did.

No one is forgetting that. But it doesn't give them immunity against criticism, just because they took a chance on a indie comic property to get a slice of that sweet action figure marked 30 years ago.

snake
03-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Oh, I don't doubt that at all, but when your toys from 25+ years ago are leagues ahead of what you're crapping out now, then something has to change.

Huzzah
03-12-2017, 10:07 AM
No one forgets that. Their vintage stuff is still impressive and garnered plenty of good will, but they're complacent with mediocre crap now because they think that good will can continue to carry them. The first waves of Nick Turtles was incredibly well received but the follow ups have seen a major decrease in quality and quantity. When sons of the most toyetic characters never see like get of day in lieu of progressively worse Turtle Variants.

03-12-2017, 11:34 AM
I don't disagree with what any of you are saying. I just can't understand why people seem so perplexed that Nickelodeon chose to stay with Playmates-- that brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT, more so than anything else.

They also don't seem to have the same hold over the licensure that they did in the old days. If you don't like their products, there are plenty of other companies making TMNT collectibles. Before you guys start complaining about scale again, the Figuarts figures are pretty close. I get that the price point is high but most here are adults in their thirties with careers. Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.

Freeman
03-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.

I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna bite on this bait...

First, nobody cares who's the company behind as long as it is produced. Parents don't care if it's Playmates, Hasbro or Toys Pacific. Neither do kids. Despite having higher quality standards than them, neither do we as collectors so the "brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT" is worthless because beeing or not related to the turtles is out of the point.

Second, as an 'under 10 kiddie line' they've left a lot of charismatic characters out of their rooster and their quality has decreased significantly over the years. As a company they take too many shortcuts and lower the final products looks too much. As collector who also buy kids toys, we have the right to have a bad opinion about that.

Finally, despite we are free to buy NECA stuff, or even Sideshow Collectibles statues if we want, the grip Playmates unfortunately has over the 6 inch line prevents anybody else from providing quality products in this very desirable scale. And that is Playmates fault because they actually KNOW how bad their products are and how well other companies could do it, so they actually ban them from even trying. As a costumer I call that lame and unprofessional.

We wish we could forget about Playmates and only pay attention to other companies, but unfortunately we can't because they own the most popular, collectable and displayable line.

go_ninja84
03-14-2017, 06:04 AM
I'm sorry guys, I'm gonna bite on this bait...

First, nobody cares who's the company behind as long as it is produced. Parents don't care if it's Playmates, Hasbro or Toys Pacific. Neither do kids. Despite having higher quality standards than them, neither do we as collectors so the "brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT" is worthless because beeing or not related to the turtles is out of the point.

Second, as an 'under 10 kiddie line' they've left a lot of charismatic characters out of their rooster and their quality has decreased significantly over the years. As a company they take too many shortcuts and lower the final products looks too much. As collector who also buy kids toys, we have the right to have a bad opinion about that.

Finally, despite we are free to buy NECA stuff, or even Sideshow Collectibles statues if we want, the grip Playmates unfortunately has over the 6 inch line prevents anybody else from providing quality products in this very desirable scale. And that is Playmates fault because they actually KNOW how bad their products are and how well other companies could do it, so they actually ban them from even trying. As a costumer I call that lame and unprofessional.

We wish we could forget about Playmates and only pay attention to other companies, but unfortunately we can't because they own the most popular, collectable and displayable line.
well said..

Candy Kappa
03-14-2017, 06:44 AM
My kid brothers who grew up with the 2k3 figures, preferred among the sh*t ton of Turtle variants they had, either the basic figures or the ones with more articulation like the Fightin' Gear, Paleo Patrol, Monster Trapper and the Basic Fast Forward figures.

calmik
03-14-2017, 08:37 AM
with all the new toys coming out and previewed at ToyFair, did anyone from Playmates say when we should be getting all of the new figures? like Q2? Q3?

Autbot_Benz
03-14-2017, 09:24 AM
I don't disagree with what any of you are saying. I just can't understand why people seem so perplexed that Nickelodeon chose to stay with Playmates-- that brand is most recognizable to people in association with TMNT, more so than anything else.

They also don't seem to have the same hold over the licensure that they did in the old days. If you don't like their products, there are plenty of other companies making TMNT collectibles. Before you guys start complaining about scale again, the Figuarts figures are pretty close. I get that the price point is high but most here are adults in their thirties with careers. Spend your money on the stuff NECA and the like put out and stop worrying about the aesthetics and articulation of action figures put out by a kiddie toy company for children under 10.

IF Playmates would allow Neca to make 6/7 inch scale turtle figures at retail I am sure many of us wouldn't give 2 ***** about Playmates scale. But they wont :roll:

Huzzah
03-14-2017, 12:06 PM
That's my thought, and despite the availability of other options through various means. Even a thirty year old with a decent job who has kids, spouses, jobs, bills, etc... has trouble biting 60 dollar import figures (also unable to see them beforehand so you don't necessarily know the conditions they're in), similarly NECA options are not readily available, and you'll often be paying more than retail because a lot of us can't make it to conventions (no major conventions even remotely close to the Louisiana/Mississippi border). One other major problem with limited options and with limited venues to sell, is there will not be much character depth, you'll have four Turtles, maybe a Shredder and maybe a Foot Soldier. I bit on the Figuarts, love them, but I highly doubt that many figures apart from Shredder will be coming.

Whereas a mass retail six inch line such as a Marvel Legends releases obscure characters regularly, because they have a larger distribution field and a far friendlier cost. I guarantee you if NECA had free reign, for example, with a chance to mass market characters, a lot more characters would be released. I'd love 7 inch versions of their quarter scale Turtles (which would also allow better chances of getting other movie characters), but Playmates will not let that happen.

EddieNES
03-14-2017, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing we aren't getting the last 2 colossal turtles?

Kinda bums me out.

Raph and Don would've been great.

Ninjinister
03-14-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm guessing we aren't getting the last 2 colossal turtles?

Kinda bums me out.

Raph and Don would've been great.

Raph and Don have been gettin' shafted pretty hard the last couple of years. Don, especially. And it seems it's not just one company doing that.

Huzzah
03-14-2017, 08:27 PM
NECA was nice enough to release those two first. Not that I can afford those, heck I don't even have room for them...wouldn't matter anyway.

Garfield
03-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Probably a weird thing to say, but ah..what the hell. I love the way the Nick toys smell when you take them out of the box.

Huzzah
03-26-2017, 07:03 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that with the new series announced, many of their Toy Fair reveals will never see the light of day?

Powder
03-27-2017, 06:16 AM
Probably a weird thing to say, but ah..what the hell. I love the way the Nick toys smell when you take them out of the box.

I think most collectors appreciate the smell of a brand spankin' new comic or figure. :trazz:

Candy Kappa
03-27-2017, 06:22 AM
That new toy smell, I miss that.

03-27-2017, 07:01 AM
I still remember the smell the 1988 line had.

Rat_King
03-27-2017, 07:15 AM
Anyone else get the feeling that with the new series announced, many of their Toy Fair reveals will never see the light of day?

I think there's a good chance that many, if even released, will have lower runs. We could end up with a figure like Muckman being the new Scratch or Hotspot. Whenever they put out a new figure it takes almost until the next wave before I see it regularly on shelves. If they do a wave and then cut the line to start over for the new series we may very well not see wide circulation.

Not to mention we will certainly never see the other two frogs or dream beavers. Not that I was holding my breath on those anyway. Lol.

Huzzah
03-27-2017, 09:48 AM
I've still never see Human Karai.

Zachatello00
03-28-2017, 12:36 AM
I've started seeing her pop up here and there again.

D Piddy 1982
03-28-2017, 05:59 AM
I think most collectors appreciate the smell of a brand spankin' new comic or figure. :trazz:

Mmm...flicking through the pages of a new comic or graphic novel and just taking one long sniff...

(not as perverted as it sounds...honest!)

Powder
03-28-2017, 03:02 PM
Old book smell has its charms, too! :tlol:

DestronMirage22
03-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Old book smell has its charms, too! :tlol:

Yup! Especially old TMNT issues found at a bargain in an old book store! :D

zaktheneutrino
03-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Mmm...flicking through the pages of a new comic or graphic novel and just taking one long sniff...

(not as perverted as it sounds...honest!)

Haha I always smell the pages of the IDW series and I love the smell of the ultimate collection pages.

Monte Williams
03-28-2017, 06:14 PM

Absolutely. I'm also a bit anxious about DVDs; it was a miracle that the third season of Transformers Animated was finally released a couple years ago.

I sure hope they produce all the seasons of the Nick TMNT series on DVD. Especially since nothing is streaming except Next Mutation; it baffles me that the OT and the 2003 series aren't streaming anywhere.

TurtleWA
03-30-2017, 03:50 PM
I've still never see Human Karai.

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85363966

Limit 2 per customer, $8.99 on TRU website right now.

Autbot_Benz
03-30-2017, 04:21 PM
Muckman has been found in California

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRHnDujZbd/?tagged=muckman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSP6yUIhz4-/

CyberCubed
03-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Absolutely. I'm also a bit anxious about DVDs; it was a miracle that the third season of Transformers Animated was finally released a couple years ago.

I sure hope they produce all the seasons of the Nick TMNT series on DVD. Especially since nothing is streaming except Next Mutation; it baffles me that the OT and the 2003 series aren't streaming anywhere.

You can still buy all the Nick episodes on itunes or amazon. Same for the original cartoon and the first few seasons of the 4kids series I believe.

oldmanwinters
03-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Muckman has been found in California

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRHnDujZbd/?tagged=muckman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSP6yUIhz4-/

Dude looks alright too!

Monte Williams
03-30-2017, 05:12 PM
You can still buy all the Nick episodes on itunes or amazon. Same for the original cartoon and the first few seasons of the 4kids series I believe.

Oh wow, I only knew the Nick series was available through iTunes. Nice! I might have to investigate this. Thanks for the tip.

Mugen_Jin18
03-30-2017, 09:57 PM
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/Telton_Searcy/FB_IMG_1490931483639_zpsalmr1gyy.jpg (http://s882.photobucket.com/user/Telton_Searcy/media/FB_IMG_1490931483639_zpsalmr1gyy.jpg.html)

Found this on the TMNT play FB page. It will never be released but it's still cool to look at...

snake
03-30-2017, 09:58 PM
Spoiler tag that, dude.

Mugen_Jin18
03-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Spoiler tag that, dude. ummm sorry, how do u spoiler tag?

snake
03-30-2017, 10:05 PM
ummm sorry, how do u spoiler tag?

SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Add those around the picture, just add a bracket to the first spoiler tag.

Mugen_Jin18
03-30-2017, 10:10 PM
SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]

Add those around the picture, just add a bracket to the first spoiler tag. ok cool, thanks for schoolin' me.

BYWInsaniac
03-31-2017, 01:10 AM
No! That Shredder looks amazing! I wonder how many figures have been shelved throughout the production of the series. Wasn't there a Kavaxas figure at one point? I think you could see it when Cipes did that Vine and accidentally caught all of the upcoming toylines.

-JJ

Cartoon Fanboy
03-31-2017, 09:23 AM
No! That Shredder looks amazing! I wonder how many figures have been shelved throughout the production of the series. Wasn't there a Kavaxas figure at one point? I think you could see it when Cipes did that Vine and accidentally caught all of the upcoming toylines.

-JJ

Yeah he was. But according to this shellhead known in the internet as Tokka Oroku, he claimed in one of his posts that Ciro told him about the future release of a Kavaxas figure. Not sure if he will make it to stores, but I hope he does.

Huzzah
03-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Color me surprised that Muckman was finally released, it only took three years, I'll admit I was wrong about it coming out. Though most of what was shown at ToyFair I'm not holding my breath for, and the line won't get another three years to release any other most wanted figures.

Autbot_Benz
03-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Color me surprised that Muckman was finally released, it only took three years, I'll admit I was wrong about it coming out. Though most of what was shown at ToyFair I'm not holding my breath for, and the line won't get another three years to release any other most wanted figures.

you and I were both the naysayers but ya Muckman is out. I am surprised too.

Powder
03-31-2017, 02:00 PM
Yeah he was. But according to this shellhead known in the internet as Tokka Oroku, he claimed in one of his posts that Ciro told him about the future release of a Kavaxas figure. Not sure if he will make it to stores, but I hope he does.

Please don't call TMNT fans "shellheads".

& how could you not know who Tokka is? Dude's an OG.

Donatello19
03-31-2017, 05:55 PM
So about that figure in the spoiler tags...

what's he all about? Zombie version of Super Shredder?

CyberCubed
03-31-2017, 06:57 PM
You younger fans might be surprised Playmates isn't making or canceled figures based on the last few years of the Nick show, but for those of us veterans we're used to this by now.

With the original cartoon they never made Lord Dregg, Carter, Titanus, or any of the characters in the later seasons. With the 4kids season they never made Demon Shredder, the Ninja Tribunal, Cyber Shredder or Khan. The second set of Fast Forward figures was also canceled.

So as you can see Playmates always screws over people who want figures of characters from the last few seasons of a TMNT cartoon. I'm not surprised the same is happening for the Nick cartoon.

Huzzah
03-31-2017, 08:01 PM
Heck, they don't even make figures from earlier seasons. The Dream Beavers would've been a simple set to complete almost all using the same mold, but that never happened. Basically any team apart from the Turtles you will pretty much never complete.

Ninjinister
03-31-2017, 10:01 PM
So about that figure in the spoiler tags...

what's he all about? Zombie version of Super Shredder?

Kavaxas resurrects him in like an episode or two (forget which)

DestronMirage22
03-31-2017, 10:50 PM
You younger fans might be surprised Playmates isn't making or canceled figures based on the last few years of the Nick show, but for those of us veterans we're used to this by now.

With the original cartoon they never made Lord Dregg, Carter, Titanus, or any of the characters in the later seasons. With the 4kids season they never made Demon Shredder, the Ninja Tribunal, Cyber Shredder or Khan. The second set of Fast Forward figures was also canceled.

So as you can see Playmates always screws over people who want figures of characters from the last few seasons of a TMNT cartoon. I'm not surprised the same is happening for the Nick cartoon.

Yeah, that's just Playmates' modus operandi. How much you guys wanna bet their Voltron line'll get the same treatment?
Also, I just barely found a human Karai and Armaggon at my local Wal-Mart. Hurray for modern means of distribution! :lol::roll:

cloud
04-01-2017, 10:41 AM

To be fair the 2k3 line gave us the majority of the sib characters and villains. We had a huge delay for Quarry bit at the end we got her. The characters you mentioned were during the way layer seasons where the toyline has been on shelves for a few years. The tribunal Shredder arc had its own problems. Dont remember if it actually aired or not.
And the Fast Forward season wasnt tha well received. I felt like by then the popularity of the toyline declined so Playmates tried to still pump out toys like the mini mutants to keep the franchise running but not making new figures for the line.

CyberCubed
04-01-2017, 11:27 AM
To be fair the 2k3 line gave us the majority of the sib characters and villains. We had a huge delay for Quarry bit at the end we got her. The characters you mentioned were during the way layer seasons where the toyline has been on shelves for a few years. The tribunal Shredder arc had its own problems. Dont remember if it actually aired or not.
And the Fast Forward season wasnt tha well received. I felt like by then the popularity of the toyline declined so Playmates tried to still pump out toys like the mini mutants to keep the franchise running but not making new figures for the line.

The Ninja Tribunal arc aired on TV and came out on DVD.

Huzzah
04-01-2017, 07:55 PM
My biggest hope is one day some toy company (hopefully Figuarts) will finally complete the team of Punk Frogs, Playmates has screwed that up twice.

TheBlueTurtle1
04-02-2017, 02:59 AM
My biggest hope is one day some toy company (hopefully Figuarts) will finally complete the team of Punk Frogs, Playmates has screwed that up twice.

I really want Figuarts to do the Punk frogs aswell.

Monte Williams
04-02-2017, 07:18 AM
I have to believe the Frogs are unlikely. I'd like to see them in theory, 'cause I have fond memories of the episode that introduced them, but would I spend $240 to have them? Not a chance.

A toon-style Leatherhead, however, I'd buy in a heartbeat.

If they did one Frog and somehow gave him interchangeable shirts, I could see that working, 'cause some of us would buy one and others would buy four.

Garfield
04-02-2017, 08:13 PM
ANy word on this version of mike

https://goo.gl/images/UInvSe

I like the way the figure looks. I don't care for the flipping gimmick though.

Ninturtle
04-02-2017, 09:24 PM
I have to believe the Frogs are unlikely. I'd like to see them in theory, 'cause I have fond memories of the episode that introduced them, but would I spend $240 to have them? Not a chance.

If they did one Frog and somehow gave him interchangeable shirts, I could see that working, 'cause some of us would buy one and others would buy four.
That shirt idea wouldn't work because the Frogs had different skin tones.

Huzzah
04-03-2017, 05:06 AM

I believe the bulk of the figures are unlikely, a best we'll get April the first a Wave of the original toy line. Most likely we'll get Shredder...and that'll be it...

Monte Williams
04-03-2017, 06:08 AM
I believe the bulk of the figures are unlikely, a best we'll get April the first a Wave of the original toy line. Most likely we'll get Shredder...and that'll be it...

That's a bummer-and-a-half, but April and Splinter are my two highest priorities.

Still, I'd love a mutated Baxter...

zaktheneutrino
04-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Muckman has been found at Walmart (link below) and I saw a comment from another post claiming he was found in Oklahoma City. Hopefully those shipments keep moving east! Good luck, everyone.

https://instagram.com/p/BSaZNhYl9vH/

EddieNES
04-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Where has DVD been with all our early looks?

Ninjinister
04-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Muckman has been found at Walmart (link below) and I saw a comment from another post claiming he was found in Oklahoma City. Hopefully those shipments keep moving east! Good luck, everyone.

https://instagram.com/p/BSaZNhYl9vH/

East? Still ain't got Armaggon up here in Washington.

zaktheneutrino
04-04-2017, 02:23 PM
East? Still ain't got Armaggon up here in Washington.

Northwest and East? :tgrin: Going to stop at Target today and maybe Walmart to see if anything was stocked. I've yet to see Armaggon in stores too.

Ninjinister
04-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Northwest and East? :tgrin: Going to stop at Target today and maybe Walmart to see if anything was stocked. I've yet to see Armaggon in stores too.

Yeah ideally distribution would be widespread regardless.

papa_smurf73
04-06-2017, 07:59 AM
I've seen 4 Armaggon figures from various locations so far in the Cincinnati Ohio area. However, sadly his paint applications are terrible. I found 3 yesterday at target, and 1 at TRU. I didn't pick him up, but likely will in the near future. I think we all have our hearts set on Muckman. I'm hopeful to see him on a shelf sooner than later.

okcplanetcomics
04-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Found Muckman at Walmart in OKC! They just had this one. Also had the new TigerClaw and the Spyline turtles.

Huzzah
04-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Saw my first human Karai today, except the eyes were not painted at all.

chaosboy
04-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have pictures of muckman out of package.

VaughnMichael
04-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Here ya go!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/IMG_1441_zpsuedvkrgf.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Harmophious/media/IMG_1441_zpsuedvkrgf.jpg.html)
And Crimson Leader for good measure.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/IMG_1473_zpsa2suqzsz.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Harmophious/media/IMG_1473_zpsa2suqzsz.jpg.html)

Candy Kappa
04-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Saw my first human Karai today, except the eyes were not painted at all.

Eyes are for chumps. :lol:

nellyp
04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
The muckman figure has some unpainted detail but the yellow wash they did on some of the raised bits is nice. There are some painted details that we probably expected to be cut that weren't too, which is nice. This is one of the better figures in the line for paint apps to come out recently. Super Shredder and Karai are honourable mentions as well.

Muckman is the first figure in a while that my kids have asked for so I will have to see if I can get it for them. Spin master doesn't seem to be bringing any more tmnt into Canada though. They did release the voltron stuff Playmates is doing so the partnership is still going on, which gives a glimmer of hope that more tmnt can still happen.

Shogun26
04-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Ooh muckman and crimsom leader look coool.

DestronMirage22
04-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Here ya go!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/IMG_1441_zpsuedvkrgf.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Harmophious/media/IMG_1441_zpsuedvkrgf.jpg.html)

Wait, does that Muckman figure actually have less articulation than the one that came out decades ago? :blanksta:

zaktheneutrino
04-09-2017, 09:22 AM
I can't believe I'm actually excited for Playmates figures again. I've looked for Muckman, Crimson Leader, and Armaggon the last two days but no luck. Can anyone confirm what these new cases consist of?

weizie
04-09-2017, 10:07 AM
I picked up muckman and crimson leader today.

Who else do we have to look forward to, besides usagi? Any new characters? Not interested in all those repaints they showed.

VaughnMichael
04-09-2017, 10:16 AM
I can't believe I'm actually excited for Playmates figures again. I've looked for Muckman, Crimson Leader, and Armaggon the last two days but no luck. Can anyone confirm what these new cases consist of?
Scalpers man scalpers!
They have hit just about every store in Pittsburgh.
The case has Super Shredder, Crimson Leader, Muckman, Super Shredder TMNT, Tiger Claw, Ninja Kick Leo, Human Karai, Armaggon, Mix and Match Rahzar, Mix and Match Shredder, Mix and Match Dog Pound, Mix and Match TMNT, Spyline TMNT, Monkey Brains, Mondo Gecko, First Release Foot Soldiers, and oddly enough Squirrelanoid.
I believe this is what I saw at all stores that had the new figures.

wpugh2424
04-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Again.... Effin scalpers

chaosboy
04-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Here ya go!
And Crimson Leader for good measure.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/Harmophious/IMG_1473_zpsa2suqzsz.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Harmophious/media/IMG_1473_zpsa2suqzsz.jpg.html)

Thanks they look great

RaphVenkman11
04-10-2017, 07:37 AM
Muckman is now up on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Muckman/dp/B01EAKRRAG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491831366&sr=8-1&keywords=muckman) for $11.99!

calmik
04-10-2017, 09:34 AM
Thanks!!! I got him for 11.99 as well!

lonewarrior20
04-10-2017, 07:58 PM
saw a listing on ebay for a mastermind baxter stockman and a toxic mutagen man. looks like the color variants have started to arrive. their packaging also showed tales of tmnt. damn scalpers are asking for crazy prices.

Autbot_Benz
04-10-2017, 08:06 PM
wow playmates is so desperate to sell repaints they are giving them unique names :lol:

snake
04-10-2017, 08:08 PM
These are the figures we're getting in place of Kavaxas and Zombie Shredder. Let that sink in.

zaktheneutrino
04-10-2017, 08:13 PM
Scalpers man scalpers!
The case has Super Shredder, Crimson Leader, Muckman, Super Shredder TMNT, Tiger Claw, Ninja Kick Leo, Human Karai, Armaggon, Mix and Match Rahzar, Mix and Match Shredder, Mix and Match Dog Pound, Mix and Match TMNT, Spyline TMNT, Monkey Brains, Mondo Gecko, First Release Foot Soldiers, and oddly enough Squirrelanoid.

Thank you! The scalpers did beat me to them then cause I saw several you mentioned and had a hunch they were included in these new cases. Hoping to look again tomorrow.

On another note, the color variants of Mutagen Man and Baxter have indeed hit stores as previously mentioned. Here's a shot of them on IG.
https://instagram.com/p/BSui2EuFIXl/

EddieNES
04-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I really don't understand how they make money with prices like that.
Do they just count on people not being aware these are just coming out?
Or is it more for scamming people from overseas who might not find these?

Btown
04-10-2017, 09:08 PM
Mutagen Man looks kinda cool but I agree with others, I'd rather be getting new figures then repaints.

tmntfannumerouno
04-10-2017, 09:55 PM
I really don't understand how they make money with prices like that.
Do they just count on people not being aware these are just coming out?
Or is it more for scamming people from overseas who might not find these?

Some people are impatient and don't want to wait for these to hit their local stores. Others like the convenience of shopping at home and would rather not waste time hunting for toys, prices be dammed. Either way scalpers take advantage of this, unfortunately.

Garfield
04-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Here ya go!

I rather like the look of the Muckman figure. I think he turned out well. I'm gonna pick him up.

Autbot_Benz
04-12-2017, 10:37 AM
1ssywyUIet4

TheMasterTurtle
04-12-2017, 01:12 PM
Are these new cases showing up at all stores or only target? I'm actually interested in MuckMan as well

TMNTFanatic4Life
04-12-2017, 02:03 PM
Are these new cases showing up at all stores or only target? I'm actually interested in MuckMan as well

As far as I seen here in southeastern Wisconsin, I've only see Muckman at Walmart. I haven't seen him at any of the Targets around here. Of course, I stopped looking since I have Muckman.

wpugh2424
04-12-2017, 06:21 PM
Found muckman and the Crimson at Walmart myself

nellyp
04-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Some people are impatient and don't want to wait for these to hit their local stores. Others like the convenience of shopping at home and would rather not waste time hunting for toys, prices be dammed. Either way scalpers take advantage of this, unfortunately.

Some people also live in Canada where they have stopped releasing the nick figures. I still try to resist the urge to get them until amazon has them for a decent price but sometimes holidays and birthdays force my hand.

Ninjinister
04-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Scalpers man scalpers!

I have never seen Mix & Match Dogpound, Spyline, Ninja Kick Leo, and Armaggon so hopefully those'll actually show around here finally.

Gonna have to say I'm disappointed with Squirrelanoid. The store nearest me has six still, including one that's on the old purple card.

RaphVenkman11
04-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Looks like the battle shell turtles are getting repaints too; both Leo (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-SHELL-LEONARDO-Tales-Of-The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-MOC-IN-HAND-/152507543479?hash=item2382286fb7:g:EgUAAOSwnF9Y7bI 9) & Donnie (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-SHELL-DONATELLO-Tales-Of-The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-MOC-IN-HAND-/152507544805?hash=item23822874e5:g:c1wAAOSwB-1Y7bLj) are listed on ebay.

robblerobble
04-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Looks like the battle shell turtles are getting repaints too; both Leo (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-SHELL-LEONARDO-Tales-Of-The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-MOC-IN-HAND-/152507543479?hash=item2382286fb7:g:EgUAAOSwnF9Y7bI 9) & Donnie (http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATTLE-SHELL-DONATELLO-Tales-Of-The-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-MOC-IN-HAND-/152507544805?hash=item23822874e5:g:c1wAAOSwB-1Y7bLj) are listed on ebay.

There are other repaints in the tales of the teenage mutant ninja turtles line. Saw a baxter one called mastermind baxter fly.

Ninjinister
04-16-2017, 02:34 PM
There are other repaints in the tales of the teenage mutant ninja turtles line. Saw a baxter one called mastermind baxter fly.

Yeah he and Toxic Mutagen Man are on the previous page. Not sure if any of the others are reportedly out.

04-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Some people also live in Canada where they have stopped releasing the nick figures. I still try to resist the urge to get them until amazon has them for a decent price but sometimes holidays and birthdays force my hand.

Talk to me. You've bought from me through eBay before so you know I'm trustworthy. If you want to buy figures in bulk, I will give you the best deal possible.

zaktheneutrino
04-16-2017, 05:05 PM
More repaints are hitting the shelves. I'm guessing these are going to be peg warmers.

https://instagram.com/p/BS83fLUByb-/

Powder
04-16-2017, 06:40 PM
The fact they didn't make these repaints homages to the original action figure line is a huuuge misstep.

As an example, my Photoshop rushjob-

http://i67.tinypic.com/28pamf.jpg

These would definitely sell better than the random ass ones they're putting together.

Ninturtle
04-16-2017, 07:01 PM
The fact they didn't make these repaints homages to the original action figure line is a huuuge misstep.

These would definitely sell better than the random ass ones they're putting together.

Yeah vintage homages would be sweet, it's kinda like what we're getting with the upcoming B&R figures where they wear their vintage outfits.

oldmanwinters
04-16-2017, 09:53 PM

Count me among those who would have been delighted for a retro-Baxter paint variant!

Ninjinister
04-16-2017, 11:47 PM
Jeez what store has TMNT for less than $9?

Candy Kappa
04-17-2017, 04:25 AM
I'm kinda liking the repainted Battle Shell basics with the black elbow and knee pads, but the weapons being their bandanna colors are a bit silly.

Rukitron
04-17-2017, 09:47 AM
I would stupidly buy battle shell repaints if they fixed the feet.

turtlefan27
04-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Anyone know when the new stuff will be come out?

Monte Williams
04-17-2017, 08:05 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2917/33265374174_dec7461f60.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/SFxJN3)
Bossa Nova Bob's Ice Cream Truck II (https://flic.kr/p/SFxJN3) by Monte Williams (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geekcreek/), on Flickr

inaheap
04-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Yeah. they should have gone retro with Baxter Fly. Actually there are probably a number of characters that would have been fun in a retro style.

DestronMirage22
04-18-2017, 01:55 PM
What an honor it was to find these fabulous figures in person. Truely I am blessed. /S :roll:

Prototype
04-18-2017, 04:33 PM
What an honor it was to find these fabulous figures in person. Truely I am blessed. /S :roll:

Toxic Mutagen Man ..Well it really sounds interesting, but without a backstory.. "meh"

NoPressApril
04-18-2017, 10:55 PM

Yeah I am as blessed as you are. I have been stalking my local Wal-Marts for 2 weeks now for Muckman and he cannot be found anywhere here but those repainted figures are languishing on our pegs. The sad part is, I do not even collect these new figures. I think I've bought 3 so far in this entire line and when they finally release something that I AM willing to buy it is nowhere to be found. I am so frustrated by this. I live 30 minutes from our Wal-Mart distribution center and they are out. Yet they have tons of orders for them.
Also, can anyone confirm that Muckman was carried forward in this repainted baxter/mutagen man case? I'm not convinced he was. This sucks. I keep trying to tell myself that soon he will be falling off the shelves but the last time I did that it was for an NES classic edition and well that turned out horribly for me lol.

The Turtle Terminator
04-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Whilst on the of stupid repaints, I've found this on Targets website (apologies if this has already been posted): http://intl.target.com/p/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-new-shellraiser/-/A-51318965

Huzzah
04-20-2017, 11:11 AM
I've seen that one on the shelf a few times.

NoPressApril
04-23-2017, 05:12 PM
I gave up and bought Muckman on Ebay. I kinda wanted that feeling you get when you actually find the figure you've been looking for in a store but oh well. The pro is that I was able to cherry pick a decent paintjob from a lot of them, the con is he cost me 30 bucks. :ohwell:
I wanted to ask, has anyone else bought these sewer lid display bases and tried to complete Muckman? I bought a set last night to see if it would work. If it doesn't they are still pretty cool. Here's the link: http://blindsquirrelprops.com/tmnt-action-figure-stands/

Raptor86
04-24-2017, 06:08 AM
Any news about the Usagi's release date?
Have him already appeared in the Nickelodeon show?

Candy Kappa
04-24-2017, 06:50 AM
Visited my local TRU today, what a major bummer. Filled with Wave 1 ( and 1 mouser pack, 1 BS Raph and 2 Squirrelanoid), OOTS figures and series 1 M&M (with 1 M&M Rocksteady).

And the TMNT shelves have been halved from last time I was there, so about 1/4th of th space they used to have.

Oh wait. They did have a batch of the new XL figures, which feels more like salt on the wound as sad things are.

calmik
04-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Here is a repaint I didnt hear about that i found at my local Walmart

RaphVenkman11
04-24-2017, 10:14 AM

I saw this one as well as a "Ragin Leatherhead" repaint at Walmart yesterday as well. The Leatherhead looked pretty good so I picked him up.

calmik
04-24-2017, 11:40 AM
I saw this one as well as a "Ragin Leatherhead" repaint at Walmart yesterday as well. The Leatherhead looked pretty good so I picked him up.

I would like to see that if you have a pic.

tw2thr3
04-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Found muckman at target today, was surprised because the shelf looked sort of bare walking to it. No luck at other stores unless they were already grabbed. Just need new tiger claw now, I did find and pick up the battler raph the other day. Hopefully we get Don to finish that line and am really looking forward to the Usagi line coming. I have zero interest in the repaints as of now, but man that box art looks awesome.

DestronMirage22
04-24-2017, 01:17 PM

I saw this one too last time I went. Along with the storage-shell repaints. Just didn't feel like snapping a pic, since these are just more silly variants.

RaphVenkman11
04-24-2017, 06:50 PM
I would like to see that if you have a pic.

Sorry, the quality isn't the best, but here you go. He is more of an olive color with orange wraps on his hands & feet. To me he looks a little closer to the way he does in the show after he aged while in Dimension X. There are some better pics on ebay or amazon if you were to search Ragin Leatherhead.

Powder
04-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Of them all, I can almost appreciate that variant. It's kinda like he's wearing orange to honor his best bud Michelangelo.

snake
04-24-2017, 09:31 PM
A Leatherhead variant would've been the perfect opportunity to repaint him in a more gray/green color scheme as seen on the show. Wasted potential.

Wretched Reptile
04-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I think I'm probably the only one who really digs ALL the repaints lol. The Battle Shell changes are nifty to me, and Leatherhead looks great. I really dig the new Robotic Foot Solider too - perfect for more army building with some differences to the original. The Mutagen Man and Stockman are just wacked out psychedelic cool IMO - but I dig bright, crazy color choices.

I just love seeing more new figures of any kind on the shelves tbh, as this line is winding down and I'll be sad to see it go (again, I know I'm in the minority there too lol).

nickzark
04-25-2017, 04:43 PM
is there a possible Shredder figure in future??

Rukitron
04-25-2017, 04:50 PM
I think I'm probably the only one who really digs ALL the repaints lol. The Battle Shell changes are nifty to me, and Leatherhead looks great. I really dig the new Robotic Foot Solider too - perfect for more army building with some differences to the original. The Mutagen Man and Stockman are just wacked out psychedelic cool IMO - but I dig bright, crazy color choices.

I just love seeing more new figures of any kind on the shelves tbh, as this line is winding down and I'll be sad to see it go (again, I know I'm in the minority there too lol).

I'd opt for the Battle Shell repaints if they fixed the feet, they kinda stood weird.
Also so far I'm just seeing a random Donnie and Leo.

EddieNES
04-25-2017, 08:19 PM
is there a possible Shredder figure in future??

They showed a gold repaint at toy fair.

Huzzah
04-25-2017, 10:01 PM
I genuinely see the only new figures that remain this year will be repaints, I'm amazed they actually released Muckman, but I'm doubtful that Usagi, or any of the other new sculpts they've shown will see the light of day.

EddieNES
04-26-2017, 05:15 AM
I genuinely see the only new figures that remain this year will be repaints, I'm amazed they actually released Muckman, but I'm doubtful that Usagi, or any of the other new sculpts they've shown will see the light of day.

What!? Is that a possibility? I know they have the list of canceled figures from the past, but have they ever canceled entire lines like that? I was super pumped for the samurai line.

Couldn't that be false advertising of a sort?

Rukitron
04-26-2017, 10:27 AM
What!? Is that a possibility? I know they have the list of canceled figures from the past, but have they ever canceled entire lines like that? I was super pumped for the samurai line.

Couldn't that be false advertising of a sort?

In the recent past these were canceled:
- TMNT Back to the Sewers Turtles in their "Tron" looking gear with a clear Splinter
- Comic book style red mask TMNT figures

MisterMiracle
04-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Does anyone need help tracking down the newest TMNT figures?

Candy Kappa
04-26-2017, 11:12 AM
Entire lines have been canceled before, as Rukitron mentioned the BTTS Cyber Armor Turtles with Build-A-Figure Cyber Splinter, Cyber Shredder and Cyber Foot. And the first attempt to do a Mirage line just when NECA's Turtles was out and sold like hotcakes (mysteriously canceled when NECA Wave 2 was canceled). There was also a Music Turtles line using the 2007 designs, those got canned as well iirc (can't find any pics of them, but they where ugly as the Cyber Turtles)

Cyber Turtles.
https://crookedninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/cyber-splinter-unreleased-tmnt.png'
Not very screen accurate figures considering they used the TMNT07 figure molds, but satill a shame the got canned. Would have been the very first TMNT BAF as far as I know.

Playmates first Mirage Attempt.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5601947449_8e14db6ce0_m.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5602531532_640f4e44df_m.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5601947345_4e6f820688_m.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3105/3119156100_0b0380a7f0.jpg

Powder
04-26-2017, 12:46 PM
If they cancel Usagi's wave, I will be sooo done.

Huzzah
04-26-2017, 04:31 PM
The announcement of the new cartoon so soon just seems a perfect reason to can any new figures that require much new tooling. I could very well be wrong and for those who are vested I hope I am.

tw2thr3
04-27-2017, 07:46 AM
I have accepted the fact we won't get many of the prototypes shown (savanti,pet 3 pack) but if you're going to re-use old molds why not finish the dream beavers?? I can't believe we could've gotten so many other characters and we've gotten variants this entire series. After Usagi releases I am kind of glad this line will die. So much wasted potential. Could've gotten Mona Lisa or wyrm in the dimension X, Or at least a basic Triceraton (pictured on Walmart) to army build instead of just Mozar, similar to Robug and dregg. SMH I know it's the collector in me but as a consumer also it just doesn't sit well. Spent so much money even on the movie merch. OK rant over for time being.

zaktheneutrino
04-27-2017, 08:27 AM
Entire lines have been canceled before, as Rukitron mentioned the BTTS Cyber Armor Turtles with Build-A-Figure Cyber Splinter, Cyber Shredder and Cyber Foot. And the first attempt to do a Mirage line just when NECA's Turtles was out and sold like hotcakes (mysteriously canceled when NECA Wave 2 was canceled). There was also a Music Turtles line using the 2007 designs, those got canned as well iirc (can't find any pics of them, but they where ugly as the Cyber Turtles)

Cyber Turtles.
https://crookedninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/cyber-splinter-unreleased-tmnt.png'
Not very screen accurate figures considering they used the TMNT07 figure molds, but satill a shame the got canned. Would have been the very first TMNT BAF as far as I know.

Playmates first Mirage Attempt.
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5601947449_8e14db6ce0_m.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5602531532_640f4e44df_m.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5601947345_4e6f820688_m.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3105/3119156100_0b0380a7f0.jpg

I do wish we would have gotten that Cyber Shredder! I remember being bummed when Playmates cancelled it. Hopefully this isn't the same outcome but I wouldn't be shocked to only get like Usagi but no Samurai turtles. Could there maybe be a contract that they have to fulfill due to Stan Saki allowing them to use Usagi again? Fingers crossed that the agreement states that the figure must be released lol

I have accepted the fact we won't get many of the prototypes shown (savanti,pet 3 pack) but if you're going to re-use old molds why not finish the dream beavers?? I can't believe we could've gotten so many other characters and we've gotten variants this entire series. After Usagi releases I am kind of glad this line will die. So much wasted potential. Could've gotten Mona Lisa or wyrm in the dimension X, Or at least a basic Triceraton (pictured on Walmart) to army build instead of just Mozar, similar to Robug and dregg. SMH I know it's the collector in me but as a consumer also it just doesn't sit well. Spent so much money even on the movie merch. OK rant over for time being.

This.

tw2thr3
04-27-2017, 10:36 AM
Just want to add one more thing, then I'll quit beating this dead horse for a while. I would like to show my appreciation to Playmates for canning 6" Classics Shredder and Krangg, just for them to use all that new molding for wave 2 of oversized WWE gimmicks. THANK YOU PLAYMATES! just what I've always wanted: Fin Balor Leo! ( I'm not flaming this line specifically, just think they could've made better selections, and am using it as an example for price point/size comparison. IMO Wrestling fans would rather buy wrestling figures.) I mean I understand these are aimed at children, but who is essentially purchasing them? Folks in the age range to have actually enjoyed the 90s cartoon. Sorry just was going through old pictures and brought back some feels. End rant pt2

Side note: I def would have bought those Mirage figures had they released.

Zachatello00
04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
man, that's an excellent point. As a non-wrestling fan (no offense to anyone, it's just not my bag) and as a huge TMNT fan, I'd much rather see a classics Shredder than Donatello cosplaying as the Undertaker.

But in all honesty, after handling the NECA Donatello (and I realize this isn't the thread for this) I think in general, Playmates Toys has no business making Turtles figures anymore.

TurtleWA
04-27-2017, 01:17 PM
I like the ooze hand effect.

kM469Xy0vCs

tw2thr3
04-27-2017, 07:16 PM
man, that's an excellent point. As a non-wrestling fan (no offense to anyone, it's just not my bag) and as a huge TMNT fan, I'd much rather see a classics Shredder than Donatello cosplaying as the Undertaker.

But in all honesty, after handling the NECA Donatello (and I realize this isn't the thread for this) I think in general, Playmates Toys has no business making Turtles figures anymore.

I don't mean to sound so bitter lol I am a bit but glad others think similarly. (I do enjoy the upcoming monster and samurai lines) I'm content with finally getting neca mirage shredder at NYCC, They are top tier right now. I passed on the 1/4 as of now but Raph is amazing and will be had eventually. Leo looks great too. A Shredder for those would be insane.I'm most looking forward to the SH Figuarts Shredder. They have done a great job so far with the license as well. Hopefully we see more down the line.

snake
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM
They wouldn't cancel Usagi, right?

OrokuYoshiFilms
04-29-2017, 11:38 AM
A Shredder for those would be insane.

A movie Shredder as accurate and detailed as the NECA turtles??? I would exhaust all my resources for that. Just to think....damn. Must-buy.

Btown
04-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Just want to add one more thing, then I'll quit beating this dead horse for a while. I would like to show my appreciation to Playmates for canning 6" Classics Shredder and Krangg, just for them to use all that new molding for wave 2 of oversized WWE gimmicks. THANK YOU PLAYMATES! just what I've always wanted: Fin Balor Leo! ( I'm not flaming this line specifically, just think they could've made better selections, and am using it as an example for price point/size comparison. IMO Wrestling fans would rather buy wrestling figures.) I mean I understand these are aimed at children, but who is essentially purchasing them? Folks in the age range to have actually enjoyed the 90s cartoon. Sorry just was going through old pictures and brought back some feels. End rant pt2

Side note: I def would have bought those Mirage figures had they released.

I'm both a huge wrestling fan and TMNT fan so I actually loved that line but I'm just the same as I'd loved to have had a Classics Shredder more. Though I'm much happier with a Finn Balor Leo then the John Cena Leo :lol:

Ninjinister
05-08-2017, 11:32 AM
If they cancel Usagi's wave, I will be sooo done.

The recent press release said he's getting 5 figures. I'm sure they're counting the half-shell heroes version(s?) but that still doesn't seem to add up.

Candy Kappa
05-08-2017, 12:34 PM
The recent press release said he's getting 5 figures. I'm sure they're counting the half-shell heroes version(s?) but that still doesn't seem to add up.

Usagi also gets a XL figure release.

DestronMirage22
05-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Not to mention the obligatory "wacky" variant.

Powder
05-08-2017, 01:51 PM

HSH
XL
(Kinda doubt those two make it to shelves)
Standard
Samurai armor w/horse
Samurai armor standalone?

EddieNES
05-08-2017, 09:14 PM
HSH
XL
(Kinda doubt those two make it to shelves)
Standard
Samurai armor w/horse
Samurai armor standalone?

I also think HSH is dead. It's looking bleak in stores.
Just wish they'd finish the safari line.

I'm honestly surprised HSH never got ordered for a show.
Muppet Babies style.

Ninjinister
05-08-2017, 10:00 PM
Usagi also gets a XL figure release.

XL figure? I imagine they're big? I don't remember seeing that but it's likely I brain-blocked them if they're nothing special.

Raptor86
05-08-2017, 11:50 PM
XL figure? I imagine they're big? I don't remember seeing that but it's likely I brain-blocked them if they're nothing special.

https://youtu.be/0bzzYxFKgPc?t=122

Candy Kappa
05-09-2017, 03:12 AM

They aren't very impressive. It's basically Playmates attempt to get some of that Titan figures money.

http://www.kmart.com.au/wcsstore/Kmart/images/ncatalog/f/4/42476184-1-f.jpg

The look really weird and stretched out, not as big as the big battle Shells but they are a bit taller. Looks like they just re-purposed the heads from the Battle Shells.

Usagi XL looks much better then the Turtles, so that's something I guess.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5ODZzZWEAAXfL6.jpg

Ninjinister
05-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Oh, right! I forgot about that. I remember wondering if these style of figures really sold because they stagnate like crazy around here.

DonnieLaForge
05-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Since those turtles will never leave the shelf...Usagi will wind up in dollar stores outside the USA or something. Sad because I may have actual use for that one.

LilithMV
05-10-2017, 03:07 AM
Those wonky looking turtles are the only new ones to appear here in Sweden in the last year or so. Other than the movie turtles of which I have zero interest in.

I hope that when the new series arrive we'll get something.

BlueKatana
05-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Are those XL figures out?

TMNTFanatic4Life
05-11-2017, 01:39 PM

No, not yet.

TurtleWA
05-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I knew of about four repaints but just today found out about two more. Splinter and Shredder. I wonder what else I don't know about? :lol:

1oZ5kRIWE0Q

Huzzah
05-11-2017, 08:22 PM
Pretty much all they'll release this year are countless repaints I'm guessing.

Candy Kappa
05-12-2017, 06:28 AM

The Turtles are, at least here in Europe.

DonnieLaForge
05-12-2017, 09:04 AM
In 30 years that kid will want to relive his youtube video days after his parents sold all his toys in garage sales and then he went on a journey of self discovery that included the "false start" where he thought there was more to the world than simple joys of toys and threw out all the remaining "kiddy crap" when he went to off college to party his soul away. These "Tales of the TMNT" branded figures being at the end of the line have a high chance of packing the most future value if they wind up being scarcer, which, pretty much every end-of-line mass-market toys do.

So, think about that, while you poo-poo these...

Meanwhile I'mma buy 2 of each! "One to open and one just in case!" :tlol:

TurtleWA
05-12-2017, 09:24 AM
In 30 years that kid will want to relive his youtube video days after his parents sold all his toys in garage sales and then he went on a journey of self discovery that included the "false start" where he thought there was more to the world than simple joys of toys and threw out all the remaining "kiddy crap" when he went to off college to party his soul away. These "Tales of the TMNT" branded figures being at the end of the line have a high chance of packing the most future value if they wind up being scarcer, which, pretty much every end-of-line mass-market toys do.

So, think about that, while you poo-poo these...

Meanwhile I'mma buy 2 of each! "One to open and one just in case!" :tlol:

Gold would most likely be a more safe bet to invest in, takes up less room than toys too. But atleast you could have fun with the toys while your waiting. Gold, not so much, unless you have enough to swim in. I would not count on them ever being in demand like the originals though.

DonnieLaForge
05-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Gold would most likely be a more safe bet to invest in, takes up less room than toys too. But atleast you could have fun with the toys while your waiting. Gold, not so much, unless you have enough to swim in. I would not count on them ever being in demand like the originals though.

Correct, sir, there are many more lucrative ways to invest than toy prospecting -- but some of us just enjoy trading in toys and that's that! Even in the stock market the advice is always to trade in what you understand, and we here understand toys like nobody else!

Even if they're worth a penny some day they will be worth more than that to me, and I know that will be true for others, so, they never will be worth just a penny, because that's how markets work!

Raptor86
05-12-2017, 01:01 PM
From the Usagi Yojimbo Dojo facebook page:

Kevin Eastman has some early copies of this Usagi/TMNT comic that he signed.
The regular, unsigned versions will be packed in with some of the upcoming Playmates TMNT Usagi Yojimbo “The Samurai” line airing in July 2017.

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18341848_632414466958248_2987117543569897148_n.jpg ?oh=de31e9aeee702d0d16079f5744011fe0&oe=59C133AC

http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product=playmates-toys-usagi-pack-in

Ninjinister
05-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Splinter and Shredder. I wonder what else I don't know about? :lol:

A bunch of repaints were shown off at whatever that last big toy expo was, these two included. It's just a matter of when they'd be hitting stores that are unknown until they actually happen.

(And even then I've still never seen any of the repaints myself).

Ninjinister
05-12-2017, 04:52 PM
From Sakai's Facebook:

We spent a great part of the day at Playmate Toys to check out the Usagi Yojimbo action figures that will be part of the upcoming TMNT line. The San Diego Con Exclusive was particularly impressive and comes with three interchangeable heads and a comic book. There will also be three Walmart exclusives.

SS Kakarot
05-12-2017, 05:50 PM
From Sakai's Facebook:

We spent a great part of the day at Playmate Toys to check out the Usagi Yojimbo action figures that will be part of the upcoming TMNT line. The San Diego Con Exclusive was particularly impressive and comes with three interchangeable heads and a comic book. There will also be three Walmart exclusives.

Sounds very exciting! I do fear these will be hard (and expensive) to get outside the US! :tcry:

Powder
05-12-2017, 06:26 PM
Holy crap, a collector Usagi figure. This might actually have a shot at being dope.

turtlefan27
05-12-2017, 07:06 PM
The regular, unsigned versions will be packed in with some of the upcoming Playmates TMNT Usagi Yojimbo “The Samurai” line airing in July 2017.
Does this mean they are packing a comic with the action figures? Just wanting some clarity here. I'm already excited about this line.

tmntfannumerouno
05-12-2017, 07:56 PM
Does this mean they are packing a comic with the action figures? Just wanting some clarity here. I'm already excited about this line.

From Sakai's Facebook:

We spent a great part of the day at Playmates Toys to check out the Usagi Yojimbo action figures that will be part of the upcoming TMNT line. The San Diego Con exclusive was particularly impressive and comes with three interchangeable heads and a comic book. There will also be three Walmart exclusives.

How you got that from what ninjinister said is beyond me. No where did it say anything would be signed. Only the sdcc exclusive usagi will come with a comic book and 3 interchangeable heads. The Wal-Mart exclusives will just be your basic tmnt figures nothing special.

Ninjinister
05-12-2017, 08:08 PM
How you got that from what ninjinister said is beyond me. No where did it say anything would be signed. Only the sdcc exclusive usagi will come with a comic book and 3 interchangeable heads. The Wal-Mart exclusives will just be your basic tmnt figures nothing special.

That was from Raptor86's Eastman post on the last page. What I found from Sakai may be a clarification. The cover shown on that post as well as Sakai's FB post is the same, so I believe maybe Eastman just wasn't told/didn't realize it was going to be for an SDCC exclusive.

EddieNES
05-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Man I'm behind on figures.
Has someone gotten all the repaints here?

I've found:
Repaint Battle Shell Don/Leo
Repaint Leatherhead
Repaint Robo Foot
Ninja strike Don/Raph
Knockout Leo

Still need:
Muck
Crimson TC
Repaint Battle Shell Mikey/Raph
Repaint Mutagen man
Repaint Baxter
Gold Repaints

DonnieLaForge
05-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Anyone looking for the redeco Nick toon "Trash Truck" copped from the OOTS truck... I found them at Target.

Anyone trying to use Target.com to find them will be SOL. Their new listing for it has the wrong UPC compared to what is actually on the box. The box UPC is the same as their listing for the OOTS version which I assume is what the UPC was on the OOTS box as well. Their in-store price tag for the new one said $39.99 but since it matched the online OOTS one I got them to price match down to $34.49. I didn't see the new listing at the time, which is actually $29.99, so if I were to do it over again I'd try to make them price match that instead as it actually matched the product photo!

Man I'm behind on figures.
Has someone gotten all the repaints here?

I've found:
Repaint Battle Shell Don/Leo
Repaint Leatherhead
Repaint Robo Foot
Ninja strike Don/Raph
Knockout Leo

Still need:
Muck
Crimson TC
Repaint Battle Shell Mikey/Raph
Repaint Mutagen man
Repaint Baxter
Gold Repaints

From your need list...I've found Muck, Crimson, Mutagen, Baxter. That kid on the previous page found Gold Shredder. I don't know of any reports of repaint BS Mike/Raph yet, those are probably in some future wave.

From your found list, man, I need Leatherhead and Ninja Strike Don!!!

And one last thing, I found this new redeco skateboard with Mike pack-in at Target:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ztNiZDkbL3Fs5kqp9_JfWuJceRtT7QdcHaWlHjH_g8DMC7o6ME-PU9Dye0S17Xy19h5o8icGlvm5OFG_m00xNMtn6f3XeSZSFWgvS 8MV3VttG_eQAWvlYtw-hVVJ7ePaPpUIrYMqv2liBRfo74giGpIfSFdHheZHAQ5LJu49CE cAYWTEzMymfTU8hKg4J5HTQYkTik6qkQRFguUqt4javEKJy8TW lw8SjAgYAurLogGBTJSpjR2MMKwiQ--L6yvK8Jswe9f0FRQ76oLXJMM1h5TYVfzwV756YA0JsKm2sfgJ6 U6hat9iJhoSL4Gxi4LwOFHUY1FpkOJn7_YCik77MaxEWzcOpYG _9LmVVeEtpT3InGaSi4vUqq7oO1yekab37-FO135xf-k2eXYZWdCld68ahRv86PM4HnA2Zv8OZ-Or3DLNZoydS7xUUKnSqp8rtYd6Bs4dY8WVVWrrFGjzvUkTA_Uy HnpJFaXEcRCoYRWDf4P2Fn3W4Ihtqk2Ema8VlV29Wyf5ysy_At i6SNUeuzdunCE90SSsy6N4QgFz0GBXLx14IT8u132tb01r9AfD nx3KcBuEd8fz0k4CfLA6L3ZajEO0CjY6l79yITIibJ4_Sa46tk yE=s400-no

Rewdog
05-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Is there anyone on here going to SDCC that could help me out with this Usagi figure? I am in the U.K so going myself is not really an option. I know we have no details yet but getting in with an early request for help, on the basis that if you don't ask, you don't get!

nimajneb
05-18-2017, 06:21 AM
Is there anyone on here going to SDCC that could help me out with this Usagi figure? I am in the U.K so going myself is not really an option. I know we have no details yet but getting in with an early request for help, on the basis that if you don't ask, you don't get!

Me too, i'd love to get in on this!

Raptor86
05-18-2017, 09:13 AM

I am in the same situation...but I imagine that there will also a lot of american people who want this SDCC Usagi....

Raptor86
05-18-2017, 03:16 PM
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18556339_1724474427579287_7390807082198017075_n.jp g?oh=cbc31f8e0f87e97eb36b70c0f38c7089&oe=59BACC1D

snake
05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
I wonder if that Jei figure will be made.

Princess Anri
05-18-2017, 04:38 PM
https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18556339_1724474427579287_7390807082198017075_n.jp g?oh=cbc31f8e0f87e97eb36b70c0f38c7089&oe=59BACC1D
Can someone please tell me the name of the line of figures that includes that really tall Usagi Yojimbo figure?

I don't know anything about playmates but I'll likely be getting that one.

Also, if possible, what is the approximate height of that one?

Powder
05-18-2017, 04:53 PM
I believe it's called "XL".

Candy Kappa
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
XL figures are marketed to be about 12" tall. So they are about the size of the large Battle Shell figures, only less articulation and stretched out proportions when it comes to the Turtles. Usage seems to be the first non-Turtle XL figure, although his packaging that's been shown lacks the XL logo, he seem more in place with the XL line with his limited articulation and the box got the same shape as the XL packaging.

turtlefan27
05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
I'm guessing the only way to get usagi in armor is if your get the horse with him. Also how are they packing the comic?

tmntfannumerouno
05-18-2017, 07:14 PM
I'm guessing the only way to get usagi in armor is if your get the horse with him. Also how are they packing the comic?

Does no one read comments anymore? For the last time NO COMICS. The only figure that's coming with a comic is the sdcc exclusive figure. NONE of the figures shown in the above picture will come with a comic book.

Also the basic armored usagi is shown in the above pic between mikey and normal usagi.

READ THIS POST turtlefan27

turtlefan27
05-18-2017, 07:32 PM
Wow, you should chill. I do read, I was just double checking because I was getting mixed messages about it. Thanks for clearing things up.

Ninjinister
05-18-2017, 08:15 PM

There's an armored Usagi without the horse right there in that pic. It just looks like a different armor.

I wonder if that Jei figure will be made.

What Jei figure?

turtlefan27
05-18-2017, 08:20 PM
I couldn't tell that if it was him. Thanks for the info

snake
05-18-2017, 08:36 PM
There's an armored Usagi without the horse right there in that pic. It just looks like a different armor.

What Jei figure?

Jei was shown in the London Toy Fair pics IIRC.

Ninjinister
05-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Jei was shown in the London Toy Fair pics IIRC.

I don't recall seeing that.

TurtleWA
05-19-2017, 12:54 AM
This video is the first I have heard about new blind bags and also some new role-play/weapon sets. I don't remember seeing them in any NY toy fair video. I like the blind bags. Can't help myself when it comes to mini figures.

52YYSFlX8dQ

Candy Kappa
05-19-2017, 03:37 AM
I don't recall seeing that.

He's between Samurai Mikey on horse and Usagi.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/18c0b37c90507179281b98085fe67643/tumblr_inline_okh1i4yznU1ryaut3_500.jpg

He'll probably suffer the same fate as the Pet 3-pack and Savanti

05-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Does that Dracula Raph not remind anyone else of Raph the Magnificent?

Ninjinister
05-19-2017, 12:31 PM
He's between Samurai Mikey on horse and Usagi.

http://68.media.tumblr.com/18c0b37c90507179281b98085fe67643/tumblr_inline_okh1i4yznU1ryaut3_500.jpg

He'll probably suffer the same fate as the Pet 3-pack and Savanti

https://ci.memecdn.com/9698681.jpg

Honestly that looks like it could just as well be Ninjara. If you hadn't told me it was Jei, I would have thought it could be anybody, even a boat.

Candy Kappa
05-19-2017, 12:33 PM
:lol: fair enough.

it was the best picture I could find on the fly, he was in a video (Pixel Dan probably) where we got a better look.

Monte Williams
05-19-2017, 07:21 PM
NECA shipped with the quickness; my Raph wasn't supposed to be here until Tuesday!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4273/33954991543_ab4d49f283.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/TJud1F)
Don, I Wish You'd Choose a More Menacing Pose (https://flic.kr/p/TJud1F) by Monte Williams (https://www.flickr.com/photos/geekcreek/), on Flickr

John Pannozzi
05-19-2017, 10:54 PM
From Sakai's Facebook:

Sakai said on the UY Dojoboard that the comic will be a reprinting of the TMNT/UY crossover stories "Turtle Soup & Rabbit Stew" and "The Treaty". (http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8084&start=30)

DestronMirage22
05-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Sakai said on the UY Dojoboard that the comic will be a reprinting of the TMNT/UY crossover stories "Turtle Soup & Rabbit Stew" and "The Treaty". (http://usagiyojimbo.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8084&start=30)

Pretty good decision. Those were some great stories and it's cool seeing them reprinted again and available for more people to read.

Raptor86
05-26-2017, 01:23 AM
The Usagi figure looks too good to be true.

Photo by Punker Mike

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18645951_418196675232926_3693078954324787200_n.jpg

Ninjinister
05-26-2017, 02:26 AM
Space Usagi?

Btw I was at 4 stores this week and not a single one had Tales figures :/

Powder
05-26-2017, 04:42 AM
The left & right figures are customs using the heads/hands/feet of an old Usagi figure done by Antarctic Press in 1998, see pic.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51IRMplVGhL.jpg

Raptor86
05-26-2017, 07:26 AM
yes, of course I was talking about the Playmates figure in the middle.

pl212
05-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Yes! Need that Usagi. Came out looking better than I expected

Raptor86
05-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Also the Samurai Turtles look really good

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUk4UafDv2M/?taken-by=big12yearold

zaktheneutrino
05-27-2017, 05:57 PM
I haven't even found Muckman yet and the Samurai and Usagi figs are hitting stores Haha Oh well, I'm pumped we are actually getting new Playmates figures that are worth buying!

CyberCubed
05-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Stan Sakai looks quite pleased with the Usagi figures. :)

Btown
05-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but it looks like Playmates is making Super Shredder versions of the XL figures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUH_zbaA9Om/

I'm all for this. This might be the one XL figure I buy.

Raptor86
05-29-2017, 02:18 PM
Stan Sakai looks quite pleased with the Usagi figures. :)

Well they look really good!

If anybody in the forum have found them, please share some pictures!:tgrin:

SS Kakarot
05-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but it looks like Playmates is making Super Shredder versions of the XL figures.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUH_zbaA9Om/

Good eye! I wonder when these will be released, would be nice if they also made Shredder.

TMNTFanatic4Life
05-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Any word on if the newest, Usagi line is going to hit Target or Walmart, first?

useasneeded4pain
05-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Any word on if the newest, Usagi line is going to hit Target or Walmart, first?

It's been found at Targets in California.

Rukitron
05-31-2017, 07:28 AM
But do the samurai turtles have wrist articulation?

Cobrakahn
06-02-2017, 06:57 AM
But do the samurai turtles have wrist articulation?

The regular line samurai figures have wrist articulation, not sure on the XL

D Piddy 1982
06-02-2017, 07:03 AM
The Usagi figure looks too good to be true.

Photo by Punker Mike

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18645951_418196675232926_3693078954324787200_n.jpg

I haven't bought a Playmates TMNT figure in quite a long time (was tempted by Karai, but didn't buy her in the end), but that Usagi figure looks amazing! I am defo going all out to get my hands on him!

TMNTooze
06-02-2017, 01:35 PM
The Usagi wave has hit both Target and Walmart. I really hope they start releasing more than one per case. I also hope they release more Donnie super shredder turtles. Haven't seen one since I got one for my son.

Zulithe
06-02-2017, 04:26 PM
Found 'em today. Bay Area, CA area Target.

http://i.imgur.com/5nhWIpYl.jpg

Got Usagi home (only one I oped for today... my toy expenses are huge this month! Will pick up Samurai Turtles later.)... Opened him, really love him as a figure. Great articulation for this line. Missing a waist swivel though. Otherwise, he is fantastic! I think he will make my top 5 fav figures from the entire 2012 series figure line when all is said and done.

Powder
06-02-2017, 05:01 PM
Have these been spotted on the east coast anywhere so far?

EddieNES
06-02-2017, 05:10 PM
What's the word on that Tech Donnie? First I've seen of him.

Powder
06-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Just another color variation on the basic figure, seems the belt is purple.

Zulithe
06-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Yup. Just another recolor. So many recolors lately. I think it's very evident they are winding down the line with this amount of repaints and recasts in new colors.

If we get more new figures after the ones they showed at Toy Fair I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I bet Playmates is already working on figures for whatever the next show is.

Rukitron
06-02-2017, 06:26 PM
I searched all over for Usagi the past few days at Targets with high quantities, but no luck. Maybe I'll peek my head at Walmart when I get the chance.

Powder
06-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Not really a fan of the re-colors (though I have to admit I did like the ones from the 90's*). That said, Fishface's repaint actually is kinda tempting. :tlol:

*https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/13/8f/2c/138f2c319c7d4c280025bc485919cab2.jpg

Rukitron
06-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Finally found an Usagi at Target. I was surprised Playmates actually fixed his head sculpt and he looks like he jumped straight out of the comics. Now if only Playmates always aimed to be this good with everything else...

Scaling wise he's best with 4 inch turtles, but thought it be interesting to see how he'd look with my other turtle figures.

Powder
06-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Damn, they should've made him bigger & included the ears as a separate attachment piece... Won't be too big a deal for me as I'm just gonna display him with other UY figures anyway, though.

Thanks for the shots!

tmntfannumerouno
06-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Finally found an Usagi at Target. I was surprised Playmates actually fixed his head sculpt and he looks like he jumped straight out of the comics. Now if only Playmates always aimed to be this good with everything else...

Scaling wise he's best with 4 inch turtles, but thought it be interesting to see how he'd look with my other turtle figures.

This guy is definitely going to be posed with my figuarts tutles.:D

I can't wait to see what the sdcc exclusive usagi will look like!

With the unusual(by playmates standard) amount of articulation this figure has I'm guessing this will be the exclusive + 3 alternate heads and the comic.

Rukitron
06-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Damn, they should've made him bigger & included the ears as a separate attachment piece... Won't be too big a deal for me as I'm just gonna display him with other UY figures anyway, though.

Thanks for the shots!

You're welcome.

I'm glad he's not underscaled with the basic turtles or something (as far as I'm aware) at least.

Monte Williams
06-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Awesome scale and style references there, Rukitron. Thanks!

Powder
06-02-2017, 10:29 PM
You're welcome.

I'm glad he's not underscaled with the basic turtles or something (as far as I'm aware) at least.
I'd say he is, even without having seen him in the series yet. :tlol:

Candy Kappa
06-03-2017, 04:24 AM
Usagi could have been a bit taller so he'd be taller then the Turtles, but considering Playmates relationship to scale, he's fairly close and looks great.

drewizzle88
06-03-2017, 05:22 AM
Playmates is such a tease sometimes. They really can put out a good inexpensive figure if they want to. Excited to try and find Usagi.

BYWInsaniac
06-04-2017, 10:00 PM
Found 'em today. Bay Area, CA area Target.

http://i.imgur.com/5nhWIpYl.jpg

Got Usagi home (only one I oped for today... my toy expenses are huge this month! Will pick up Samurai Turtles later.)... Opened him, really love him as a figure. Great articulation for this line. Missing a waist swivel though. Otherwise, he is fantastic! I think he will make my top 5 fav figures from the entire 2012 series figure line when all is said and done.

Oh dang! I'm going to be up in the Bay area this week! I think I know what I'm doing every day...

-JJ

Seedkiller
06-05-2017, 12:22 AM
Usagi could have been a bit taller so he'd be taller then the Turtles, but considering Playmates relationship to scale, he's fairly close and looks great.

It's jus weird because the protos had such a pinhead. Glad they fixed that. Jus wish they made him more readily available.

OrokuYoshiFilms
06-05-2017, 01:13 AM
Turtles in Training repaints:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU5yU6lhOEh/

Cobrakahn
06-07-2017, 07:01 AM
Playmates has updated their site with the repaint waves.

http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/toys/nick-tv-series/action-figures/basic-action-figures

oldmanwinters
06-07-2017, 07:15 AM
Turtles in Training repaints:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU5yU6lhOEh/

I never liked the current incarnation of the toddler turtles, since they only came 2-to-a-pack and look far inferior to the 4Kids era 4-pack, but the ooze splatter detail is probably an improvement, in my eye.

Playmates has updated their site with the repaint waves.

http://www.playmatestoys.com/brands/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/toys/nick-tv-series/action-figures/basic-action-figures

Nifty, thanks for the link!