PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Dregg being a robot?!

picassotheninjaturtle
11-21-2016, 05:09 PM
Seriously, they just left us with that. WHAT IS HE!

CyberCubed
11-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Perhaps that was just a robot copy of Dregg. The Dregg in the other episodes seemed like an alien as we see him eat.

IndigoErth
11-21-2016, 07:19 PM
God, I was itching to ask this last week, but there were no appropriate active threads and I didn't want to start one or randomly interrupt the conversion in the season discussion. That has come to mind every now and then and if Dregg is done in this series, well what the hell then? o.O

Maybe he's really some tiny space bug trying to make himself more powerful. Something TMNT has done in the past.

Definitely one of the loose threads I hope they get to eventually.

ssjup81
11-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Wait, I thought the robot thing was just for that one episode and how that wasn’t the real Dregg and that the real Dregg was killed by the Triceratons. Did I miss something, or am I remembering Dregg’s final appearance in the series so far, wrong?

CyberCubed
11-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Wait, I thought the robot thing was just for that one episode and how that wasn’t the real Dregg and that the real Dregg was killed by the Triceratons. Did I miss something, or am I remembering Dregg’s final appearance in the series so far, wrong?

We did see Dregg again after that robot Dregg episode.

ssjup81
11-21-2016, 09:29 PM
We did see Dregg again after that robot Dregg episode.Which episode was it? I seriously don't remember.

neatoman
11-22-2016, 02:46 AM
We really don't know. The most common theory is that he's a smaller creature piloting an android, but as it is, he just randomly turned out to be a robot for unexplained reasons... It would seriously have helped if it was foreshadowed or explained shortly afterwards, instead we're left with a headscratcher and it's been eleven episodes so far without explaination.

TMNTInsighter
11-22-2016, 05:56 AM
Which episode was it? I seriously don't remember.

"The Ever Burning Fire". Not that it mattered, he went out with a SERIOUS whimper!

GoldMutant
11-22-2016, 10:24 AM
Probably because killing him wouldn't work in terms of censors, so they went with a stupid plot twist. (Yes, I am aware of Power Inside Her proving me wrong with on screen deaths, but still)

Just another reason for me to further dislike Evil of Dregg, it's by far the worst episode of fourth season for me.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Im sure Dregg will reurn in season 5, and that we'll get some explanations of who he actually is.

ssjup81
11-22-2016, 02:34 PM
"The Ever Burning Fire". Not that it mattered, he went out with a SERIOUS whimper!I thought that was real Dregg and that he was killed and the robot body was just for the ep where Mona Lisa betrayed the turtles.

TMNTInsighter
11-23-2016, 06:12 AM
I thought that was real Dregg and that he was killed and the robot body was just for the ep where Mona Lisa betrayed the turtles.

Uh yeah, that's what I said.

ssjup81
11-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Uh yeah, that's what I said.So what is the original poster talking about?

BYWInsaniac
11-25-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that Dregg just always had a little robot head inside him. If you look at photos (and even the concept art) you can see hints of it:

http://i.imgur.com/7RnW4UP.jpg

Maybe it's another nod to some obscure 80s toyline or tv show?

-JJ

Aaronardo
11-25-2016, 06:01 PM
So what is the original poster talking about?

The problem is that the space arc has some major storytelling problems, so we got no foreshadowing for a robot body for Dregg nor did we ever get much clarification about it (and, if we did, they just swept it under the rug).

It's such a confusing plot point that's told so horribly, it takes overanalyzation for it to make sense.

So, basically, the OP was just confused. I was too.

TMNTInsighter
11-27-2016, 02:58 PM
The problem is that the space arc has some major storytelling problems, so we got no foreshadowing for a robot body for Dregg nor did we ever get much clarification about it (and, if we did, they just swept it under the rug).

It's such a confusing plot point that's told so horribly, it takes overanalyzation for it to make sense.

So, basically, the OP was just confused. I was too.

Exactly. Not only did we see him drinking and stuff like an organic does during "The Evil of Dregg" the next thing is we find out he's a robot at the end. Then just one episode later in "The Ever Burning Fire" he's suddenly back (and as an organic) only to go out with a whimper.

Candy Kappa
11-27-2016, 03:52 PM
Not really a big mystery, his minions was cyborgs so it wasn't a far off bet that he was one too.

Vegita-San
12-06-2016, 09:41 AM
The problem is that the space arc has some major storytelling problems .

what else is new with this crazy ass show?
i don't even remember a robot angle. maybe it happened at the end of an episode that got cut off.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 11:25 AM
what else is new with this crazy ass show?

Why do you come into every single Nick thread just to throw in whiny comments like this? Do you never get bored whining about the show over and over? Its almost borderline trolling at this point.

WebLurker
12-10-2016, 06:57 PM
I took Dregg to be a cyborg with a robotic skeleton; considering he has weapons in his chest and can remove his hands, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch. I mean, all we need to assume is that he could live long enough to reattach his head and and then he's set up for his last appearance.

I was a little surprised to see him come back after the robot reveal, but I don't have a problem with it.

TMNTInsighter
12-10-2016, 10:16 PM
I took Dregg to be a cyborg with a robotic skeleton; considering he has weapons in his chest and can remove his hands, it doesn't seem too much of a stretch. I mean, all we need to assume is that he could live long enough to reattach his head and and then he's set up for his last appearance.

I was a little surprised to see him come back after the robot reveal, but I don't have a problem with it.

Nowadays I tend to think that what happened in "The Evil of Dregg" was an orchestrated distraction by him to keep the turtles away while he tried to wheel and deal with the Triceratons as seen in the next episode. It would certainly up his villain status to threaten Mona's and Sal's own planet with extinction just to lure the turtles off track, sacrifice Armaggon, etc. But that's a big contrast to how gullible he was next episode.