PDA

View Full Version : help with mirage turtles questionaire PART 2 and 3

marcelangelo
11-22-2016, 01:01 PM
hi, sorry, for splitting this up, but it looked too enormous to me to put it in a single thread, so here is the rest of my Mirage Turtles Questionaires. no worries, the last two are much shorter;)

Questionaire #2:

1.) I love that the Turtles were made and published by such a small group of people.

2.) Somehow the Mirage artists feel as close to me as the Turtles.

3.) If I'd find another non-TMNT comic by the Mirage artists I'd happily read it.

4.) I feel like the Mirage artists are the only people able to capture the true spirit of these characters.

Questionaire #3:

1.) I felt like the Foot Clan was a frightening adversary to the Turtles.

2.) For me the Shredder was an important part in the Turtles evolution. It felt good to have him in the comics (in one form or another).

3.) I resented Baxter Stockman for what he did to April.

4.) I thought Donatello terminating the remains of Baxter Stockman was the right thing to do.

5.) I enjoyed the Triceratons appearance in the comics, but they were terrifying creatures.

6.) I felt sorry for the Triceraton commando ending their lives like that in Vol 2.
7.) I wished the Foot would have remained the Turtles' opponents in Vol 4.

8.) I hated the Shredder.

9.) I felt good about the Styracodons killing off so many Triceratons in their war.

neatoman
11-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Questionaire #2:

Yes
I never met them, I like what they've made but I can't say that about them
Yes, kinda want to read Planet Racers
Tom Waltz has done a pretty good job, but otherwise, yes

Questionaire #3:

No
Yes
Not sure
Blank
Yes
No
No, they were pretty much done with in Vol 1
No
Blank

coreyrc87
11-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Questionaire #2:

1.) Yes

2.) No

3.) It would depend on the comic, but most likely yes.

4.) No; I love IDW's work on them as well.

Questionaire #3:

1.) No

2.) Yes

3.) Yes

4.) Yes

5.) Yes

6.) No

7.) Yes, but not the only opponent.

8.) No

9.) No

funatic
11-22-2016, 04:24 PM
answers below:

Questionaire #2:

1.) I love that the Turtles were made and published by such a small group of people.
Yes! The indy roots of the property are one of its most amazing traits.

no, I've only interacted with the artists on a convention level - I've seen much more of the emotional scope and day-to-day life of the turtles.

3.) If I'd find another non-TMNT comic by the Mirage artists I'd happily read it.
yes, I've collected many (none live up to the turtles though!)

4.) I feel like the Mirage artists are the only people able to capture the true spirit of these characters.
no

Questionaire #3:

no, they defeated a good portion of them AND Shredder in the very first issue!

2.) For me the Shredder was an important part in the Turtles evolution. It felt good to have him in the comics (in one form or another).
yes

yes, though you might want to be more specific - I'm assuming you mean the nanobot injection?

4.) I thought Donatello terminating the remains of Baxter Stockman was the right thing to do.
yes, in a merciful manner

5.) I enjoyed the Triceratons appearance in the comics, but they were terrifying creatures.
yes I enjoyed them, no they weren't terrifying

6.) I felt sorry for the Triceraton commando ending their lives like that in Vol 2.
no

no

no

9.) I felt good about the Styracodons killing off so many Triceratons in their war.
no

bjaxx87
11-25-2016, 12:43 AM
Questionaire #2:

Yes, I think I spent more time reading interviews and articles about Pete, Kevin and the Mirage crew than reading the comics. Exciting stuff!

Yes, I think so.

I already do. Most recently I backed The Box City Wallops by Jim Lawson.

Some writers come pretty close, like Rick Veitch.

Questionaire #3:

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. Usually I'm against killing, but what choice did Don have?

Yes and yes.

Yes, kinda.

No, City at War was a great conclusion.

No. While he was a threatening character I never hated him to the point that I wanted him to get written out of the story.

No. It was interesting to see Mikey's dark side but war never makes me feel good.

Andrew NDB
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM

It's not that small.

They're cool people. And I don't have any personal relationship with the Turtles.

Sure.

No, but I'd trust them to.

I don't know if "frightening" is the right word.

Yeah, Oroku Saki was great. The final fight with him in #21 is the best comic I've ever read.

He didn't do that much.

Maybe. Though I wished he'd kept him around a while first. Lots of storyline potential there voided.

Not really terrifying. But formidable.

If that even happened.

Nah. Mirage TMNT doesn't need to be like every other comic ever.

Nah.

It was interesting.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Questionnaire #2:

Yes. Consistency is a beautiful thing.

Nope, not at all.

Nope, probably not.

No, but I think they're the only ones ever allowed or able to tell adult stories with the TMNT. But for capturing the true spirit, I'll happily endorse the IDW creative team to share that credit.

Questionnaire #3:

No. Formidable and a genuine, recurring, personal threat. But frightening is not at all the word I would use.

Yes. There is no TMNT without Oroku Saki.

Not really. Pretty devilish, though. Stockman plays the long game.

I thought it was an awesome character moment. Mirage Donnie is not to be trifled with; he ended Oroku Saki the first time as well as Baxter Stockman. Wish a single other version of TMNT would embrace his badassness.

Dude. Your use of "frightening" and "terrifying" is a little... overblown.

Formidable and fierce, but they're too familiar to me. Just big horn-headed dinosaur Klingons.

Nope. It's what any good Klingon--sorry, Triceraton--would do. Honor.

Absolutely not. Evolution and character development; moving into a tenuous alliance that only became stronger over time was much more interesting.

Nah; felt sorry for him. Must suck being resurrected as a worm colony.

War is hell.

marcelangelo
12-17-2016, 01:10 AM
hello again compadres!

I want to thank you all for contributing to my questionaires!I didn't have as much space in my thesis to go into much detail from your answers (pretty interesting though from my topic's point of view), but I worked through all the answers and got out something that was interesting in correlation to my work.

thank you again!
by the way, I got chuckles out of it, I really used strong adjectives in one or two cases, but that was the intention;)

I am going to the printer now to get my thesis printed.

after a week doing nothing I really love to get back once again into reading ALL of mirage over again, they are such beautiful comics!:)