PDA

View Full Version : Is Za-Naron really defeated

victory_angel
11-23-2016, 12:33 AM
I was reading one of the aftermath fics that have been written as closure to the "Power Inside Her" episode.

As I was reading the comments for this fic, I noticed one of the commenters brought up an interesting possibility. And that possibility is that Za-Naron while defeated isn't actually gone. But rather when April was restoring Donatello, some of Za-Noron's bits didn't vanish into the ether as everyone thought. Instead those parts blended in with Donnie's particles and are waiting for their next opportunity.

This theory does have some weight

In Riddle of the Ancient Aeon's the Turtles did have a lot of problems fighting the corrupted Aeons when the Turtle's encountered them.

Yes, there are factors such as there were more of them, the Turtles were on a corrupt planet that was also harnessing their negative emotions. And everyone including April have improved in skill since then.

And yes, just because a character is given a name doesn't always mean they aren't a one-shot character. I'm quite sure people here can quite happily prove this by listing of named characters we've only seen once and they have never been seen since.

However, I do agree with this person that it did feel like Za-Naron's defeat was played off as too easy. And it also seemed convenient that April would see some sparkles by the remains of the crystal and automatically believe it's Donnie.

It's likely April sensed it was Donnie, but yet if Donnie was blown to particles and not destroyed, why didn't the Aeon sense them unless she/it could have decided to have a contingency plan in place.

CyberCubed
11-23-2016, 12:34 AM
Yes, its obvious this story is over. They've moved on.

Powder
11-23-2016, 12:44 AM
Yes, its obvious this story is over. They've moved on.

This. I can see no reason why they'd take it any further.

ssjup81
11-23-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm inclined to agree. It's the Turtles' show. I'm sure they want to stick to plots that mostly involve them.

Autbot_Benz
11-23-2016, 01:18 AM
April Stabbed Za Naron with her sword ripping her to shreds I think Za Naron is done with

victory_angel
11-23-2016, 01:39 AM
And yet, Za-Noron did say that the other seven elder aeons had lived for 10,000 years. And when their bodies reached the end of their existence their souls were put in the soul star so they would exist forever. Za-Noron was able to reform itself from April's consciousness. Who is to say it couldn't find another way to reform if we do have anything beyond season 5.

After all it was clawing its way through April's mind, so it would have tapped through a lot of things to get April to bend her to its will. And as Redworld had pointed out on her tumbler page, the history Donnie had with April enabled him to reach her. Because of that Za-Noron saw him as a threat since if given the chance he would have helped April break free from the corrupt aeon's control.

And Za-Noran also would have also used April's knowledge and memories to its advantage as well. So in other words it could have anticipated April destroying it so it could avenge itself through someone else.

Powder
11-23-2016, 01:48 AM
That's just what the staff does. They leave the door open on virtually everything on the very slight chance they come up with something that makes it worth revisiting. But as things stand, I'm fairly sure we've seen the last of them.

Ashwolf
11-23-2016, 02:01 AM
even though the chance is on the slim side, its still possible.... besides, donnies behavior at the end of the episode felt off but in a subtle way

victory_angel
11-23-2016, 02:16 AM
even though the chance is on the slim side, its still possible.... besides, donnies behavior at the end of the episode felt off but in a subtle way

Agreed, while this possibility is not absolutely possible, but still possible enough to keep it from being far fetched. I would chock up Donnie's behavior as weakness from what he experienced. Afterall he would naturally have been disoriented after being blown up into millions of pieces.

However, for someone who has just come back after he had been molecularly scattered, by a woman he's in love with. He does seem to be taking it rather well.

TMNTInsighter
11-23-2016, 06:28 AM
I hope so. We've got enough to cover not only in these last four episodes, but the twenty next season.

And with that, this will be the last post I'll be making until Thanksgiving vacation is over as I'll be traveling for the occasion to visit friends and family. I just want to wish everyone here a happy Thanksgiving as I sign off for now. I look forward to continuing our debates, analyses, good cheer, etc. later. :tlove:

neatoman
11-23-2016, 11:10 AM
While the episode was foreshadowed rather heavily, I have this nagging feeling that Za-Naron was only created so they could re-use the Dark Aeon model... Not a bad episode mind you, I just kind of suspect Za-Naron was a bit of an afterthought.

victory_angel
11-23-2016, 04:59 PM
If anything, perhaps there will be some impact down the road. Either for April or Donnie or both.

Afterall Donnie has been possessed by Speed Demon in Northampton and scattered to Donnie-Flakes in this episode. While April was possessed by a demon and forced to kill her best friend.

Those are not things you walk away from completely unscathed...but they also are not events that will happen overnight, but rather over a course of time.

For example take PTSD. When we think of trama, this is often the go to Diagnosis. However, PTSD isn't an immediately diagnosed problem, but rather the person needs to show signs and symptoms of PTSD for at least a month before they are officially diagnosed with PTSD. While a more immediate diagnosis would be attributed to disorders that act in relation to PTSD before the PTSD diagnosis itself, such as Acute Stress Disorder or Combat Stress Reaction.

And of course there are also psychological disorders that don't present themselves immediately. In fact, depending on the person it is possible to face a traumatic experience and live your life unaffected by it for years. That is unless there is something or an event that helps trigger the trauma.

victory_angel
02-10-2017, 05:40 PM
So apparently one of episode's in season five "Heart of Darkness" centers around Donnie.

In the episode Donnie has a grudge against Don Vizioso that threatens a mission his brothers are on.

This felt a little off since Donnie's been in situations where he and his brothers have been nearly killed by an enemy before. While it does make the situation more personal, he's never held a grudge that has threatened a mission.

It's possible that the grudge could be because Don Vizioso nearly killed Raph when they were attacked by his goons.

Though Donnie has displayed some recent behaviors are surprisingly hostile for him to display.

Don't read unless you've seen Owari.
In Owari, Bebop and Rocksteady send, Donnie, Mikey, April, and Casey are sent into a pit where there are all these devices such as Spike rollers and things. Leaving Leo and Raph to fight Bebop and Rocksteady on top of trying to stop their brothers and friends from being ground into chicken salad. Donnie manages to get out of the pit and uses his t-phone to hack the system stopping the devices from nearly killing Casey. But then he turns all the blasters in the room towards Bebop and Rocksteady and sets them off.

There is a possibility that Don Visioso may have harmed April in his desires destroy all mutants and get revenge on the Turtles. And that may have caused the desire for vengeance. But if not, perhaps there could be something else going on.