PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Playmates Backcards

LuckyLadybug
11-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Is there a place to see scans of the vintage Playmates backcards, like Baxter's? I always loved reading the fact-file cards as a kid, although these days I certainly take them with several grains of salt!

TurtleWA
11-24-2016, 09:40 PM
I have some card back photos in my collection thread. Not extreme close up so could be difficult to read small print. Also no Baxter.

I usually just do a google image search when wanting to scope stuff out. Usually comes through. Also on my phone which I use for internet I can zoom in.

Tmntman has a website and has the card back photos as well.
http://www.tmnttoys.com/89figures/basics/5057.htm

slashpieturtlemix
11-25-2016, 12:01 AM
I love the cards myself. I got a pile of the vintage ones. Def worth keeping =)

LuckyLadybug
11-25-2016, 09:37 PM
Ah, so Baxter's is basically an abridged version of this U.K. card I saw. (Or the U.K. one is an expanded version of the U.S. one....)

The ones for the Channel 6 crew are so bizarre. LOL. Burne's is hilarious, Vernon's is pretty spot-on except for the pencil knife nonsense (as if he'd ever have the courage to carry something like that ... or at least to use it properly; he'd probably stab himself), and Irma's is just terrible. Insulting to her and totally out-of-character. She never tried to scoop April's stories. (Not that she was a reporter at all.) And she certainly wasn't the idiot the card tried to say she is.

Powder
11-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Technically the toys exist in their own universe, so you could say the cards only represent that particular iteration.