PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Universe #4 Preview & Discussion

AlZarkovski
11-25-2016, 01:37 AM
Preview released today (maybe).:P
First look:

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple71/v4/4b/ba/ea/4bbaeae8-74da-393a-ee66-77f4806f2061/screen480x480.jpeg

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple19/v4/ce/e9/ae/cee9ae57-54bd-6088-303a-cd0399962f46/screen480x480.jpeg

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple71/v4/ba/00/6c/ba006ce5-5c9e-3100-20da-b221a98d2d0d/screen480x480.jpeg

And the first story was called "The War to Come" (https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Universe/dp/1631408747/ref=sr_1_13?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480058986&sr=1-13&keywords=turtles+ninja).

CyberCubed
11-25-2016, 02:42 AM
And so another 4-issue story arc ends too, right after the main ongoing. I wonder if we'll see Zodi report to Null again by the end of the issue.

AlZarkovski
11-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Preview (http://www.cbr.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-universe-4-exclusive-preview/).

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 03:47 PM
I see Mikey is still against killing, which makes sense as this takes place after the main ongoing with Dun.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-27-2016, 05:28 PM
"The War to Come"... I dig it. :tcool:

MikeandRaph87
11-27-2016, 05:53 PM
"The War to Come"... I dig it. :tcool:

I don't know,it sounds better if it were referring to The Pantheon arc yet to come,but its act 1 with Agent Bishop. #59 and #60 would be better titled 'The War To Come' alluding to Kitsune's next move and an arc involving her and her siblings at the center. 'Mutants Wanted: Dead or Alive' sounds better. I do like the arc though regardless of what it is called though.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 06:33 PM
Well this is about Bishop's war against mutants, which continues in the main ongoing in issue #67, so it makes sense.

neatoman
11-30-2016, 08:31 AM
I'll remember to use spoiler tags this time:

So, April and Baxter working together again? There's totally no way that'll end in tragedy...

https://moviecomicswhoswho.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/baxterstockmancomics2.jpg

Technogeek29
11-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Null fighting with Bishop? Possibly going to strike a deal with mutants as protection, provided they work for her?

Love the end can't wait to buy the trade.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 09:16 AM
Null versus Bishop. April working with Baxter. I did not see that coming! :tgrin:

Harukuro
11-30-2016, 09:39 AM
After reading this issue I can't help but wonder why Bishop is so focused on fighting and exterminating mutants? With the major exception of Leatherhead the majority of mutants were created through the course of a year, give or take, in-universe. So why is he acting so hostile towards something so recent? Or perhaps mutants have been happening for a lot longer than we believe since we only see the turtle's side of the story? It will certainly be interesting to see the answer to that.

Love Mikey trying to reach out to Zodi; I always love his optimism and willingness to find some good in everyone. :tsmile: I knew it wasn't going to work, but just hearing her call them reptiles just shows that she was listening to him.

And Raph's final scenes in the issue were great; he's come a long way since the beginning of the series.

Still not sure how I feel about the back-up story; there are some interesting moments in terms of the art-style, but the story itself is still really dull. :ohwell:

myconius
11-30-2016, 12:05 PM
Michael, Donald, Leopold, and - - - - - :lol:

this was SUCH a good issue!!! and a great story-arc in general!!!
i can't wait to re-read the whole thing over again! :D

and i'm REALLY digging the back-up story as well! i just love good action, and the Eastman story has it in spades!! :tthumbsu::tthumbsu::tthumbsu::tthumbsu:

such as nice ending to the main story!

how wonderful was it seeing Raph tuck in his brother's to bed,
and then put out a saucer of milk for Pepperoni! :tsmile:

CyberCubed
11-30-2016, 01:09 PM
The writing and characterisation of the Turtles was so good in this issue. Raph getting angry over Zodi using Mike as a shield, then the two of them working together, then Mikey trying to reach out to Zodi, and then Raphael's final speech and bringing everyone blankets and pillows at the end. Felt like a "feel good" episode of a Saturday Morning cartoon episode. ;)

I also really liked Baxter in this issue. I thought he would wind up working for Bishop just like in the 2k3 cartoon, and that might still happen, but for now he's on his own.

It was great seeing Null again too. I still wonder if she's actually a Pantheon member and we just don't know yet. Would explain why a devil woman is walking around the lands of mortals. She already said she couldn't be killed back in the Mutanimals mini.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 01:16 PM
The writing and characterisation of the Turtles was so good in this issue. Raph getting angry over Zodi using Mike as a shield, then the two of them working together, then Mikey trying to reach out to Zodi, and then Raphael's final speech and bringing everyone blankets and pillows at the end. Felt like a "feel good" episode of a Saturday Morning cartoon episode. ;)

I also really liked Baxter in this issue. I thought he would wind up working for Bishop just like in the 2k3 cartoon, and that might still happen, but for now he's on his own.

It was great seeing Null again too. I still wonder if she's actually a Pantheon member and we just don't know yet. Would explain why a devil woman is walking around the lands of mortals. She already said she couldn't be killed back in the Mutanimals mini.

I loved the Mikey-battering-ram gag. Oh, Zodi, you're so maliciously entertaining!

Really REALLY excited to not only have the Mutanimals/Utroms/Bishop conflict ramping up, but to see Null finally being reintroduced!

As for Baxter working AGAINST Bishop, this is pretty cool. It's like how IDW completely flipped the Krang/Shredder alliance from Fred Wolf into their antagonistic rivalry in IDW. Looks like the same is going to happen for the Bishop/Baxter alliance...

As for Null, remember, she mentioned "inter-dimensional" when speaking of her presence. I think it's more likely that Null is from Dimension X, not aligned with the Pantheon.

CyberCubed
11-30-2016, 01:19 PM
As for Null, remember, she mentioned "inter-dimensional" when speaking of her presence. I think it's more likely that Null is from Dimension X, not aligned with the Pantheon.

Couldn't the Pantheon be from an inter-dimensional plane of existence too? I mean, where do the Pantheon members come from anyway? Some sort of God-like parallel dimension of Earth? Outer space? We don't really know.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Couldn't the Pantheon be from an inter-dimensional plane of existence too? I mean, where do the Pantheon members come from anyway? Some sort of God-like parallel dimension of Earth? Outer space? We don't really know.

No, but I think if she WAS Pantheon, she wouldn't bother to mention "dimensions." She looks like the devil, she'd totally say something about Hell. Her thing is intimidation, with the skull cracking, the life draining, etc.

I'm calling it (again); Dimension X, not spiritual.

MikeandRaph87
11-30-2016, 02:07 PM
No, but I think if she WAS Pantheon, she wouldn't bother to mention "dimensions." She looks like the devil, she'd totally say something about Hell. Her thing is intimidation, with the skull cracking, the life draining, etc.

I'm calling it (again); Dimension X, not spiritual.

Null in Archie never got an origin explaining why with every successful devilish deed he grew more like a demon. Since Dimension X was a universe opposed to a dimension Null was probably a human-like alien. Here it is more likely that Null is from Dimension X. The question is, was there any connection to Krang like a former business partner?

I will look back here AFTER I read it. Won't get off work for another eighty minutes. Please me mindful and through tomorrow do the spoiler tag if you talk about contents of the issue.

PaulAllor
11-30-2016, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't read too much one way or the other into one throwaway line written by some dopey writer, y'all. :P

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't read too much one way or the other into one throwaway line written by some dopey writer, y'all. :P

Hey Paul, have you been the main guy championing to have Null in TMNT? I can't help but see that she's so far only appeared in your stories: Mutanimals and now this arc.

Can you shed any light on the decision to bring Null to IDW, to change her to a woman, and when we might see her next?

DestronMirage22
11-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Really solid issue. A great ending to the first TMNTU arc. I like how every character had their little moment to shine. Always a treat to see Null, and of course; Roadkill Rodneys.:D

ProphetofGanja
11-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Michael, Donald, Leopold, and - - - - - :lol:
story!

and Ralphio! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaulAllor
11-30-2016, 02:39 PM
Hey Paul, have you been the main guy championing to have Null in TMNT? I can't help but see that she's so far only appeared in your stories: Mutanimals and now this arc.

Can you shed any light on the decision to bring Null to IDW, to change her to a woman, and when we might see her next?

I wouldn't say I've been championing her (though I do really dig her). Bobby was the one who first mentioned her as a potential adversary when we were discussing Mutanimals, and I ran with it. And making Zodi one of her employees just made sense, since most of the other big bads already have cool strongmen, and hers were mostly just generic soldiers.

And regarding her gender: I just thought changing her to a woman would make her more interesting, and help chip away a bit at the gender imbalance in the TMNT Universe (you'll notice that most of the characters I've co-created have been female-gendered -- Sally, Zodi, Jillian, Pepperoni). Also, the original Null was a huge misogynist in a way I found kind of gross. So it had the side effect of representing a clean break from that aspect of the character.

And I'm obviously not going to say when we'll see her next even if I did know, haha.

ProphetofGanja
11-30-2016, 02:47 PM
Null in Archie never got an origin explaining why with every successful devilish deed he grew more like a demon. Since Dimension X was a universe opposed to a dimension Null was probably a human-like alien. Here it is more likely that Null is from Dimension X. The question is, was there any connection to Krang like a former business partner?

I think in this context the words "universe" and "dimension" have been used interchangeably

neatoman
11-30-2016, 02:49 PM
So Paul, I noticed that in this story, Baxter clearly considers the Turtles to be his literal "property" because they're a product of his company, I don't think I've seen him have this attitude in previous appearences. Was it your idea that he would think of them like that?

PaulAllor
11-30-2016, 02:54 PM
So Paul, I noticed that in this story, Baxter clearly considers the Turtles to be his literal "property" because they're a product of his company, I don't think I've seen him have this attitude in previous appearences. Was it your idea that he would think of them like that?

Okay, y'all are really taxing my memory, ha. But I BELIEVE I asked Bobby what Stockman's current attitude toward the turtles was, and his response was that Stockman's preference would be to have them back in the lab/under his control. So it was a short leap from that to me thinking that it would make sense that he sees them as his literal property, still. I wasn't sure if we'd seen him think that way before, but it was in line with his character and seemed like a cool take, and one that worked with this particular story, so I ran with it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Okay, y'all are really taxing my memory, ha. But I BELIEVE I asked Bobby what Stockman's current attitude toward the turtles was, and his response was that Stockman's preference would be to have them back in the lab/under his control. So it was a short leap from that to me thinking that it would make sense that he sees them as his literal property, still. I wasn't sure if we'd seen him think that way before, but it was in line with his character and seemed like a cool take, and one that worked with this particular story, so I ran with it.

I LOVED that idea. "My Turtles"

myconius
11-30-2016, 03:45 PM
and Ralphio! :lol: :lol: :lol:

i thought for sure she was going to call him Ralph? :lol:
but Ralphio will do :D

CyberCubed
11-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Just remembered, wasn't April shot in the arm in the last issue? In this issue there was no mention made of it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 04:09 PM
Just remembered, wasn't April shot in the arm in the last issue? In this issue there was no mention made of it.

She's a tough gal. :twink: She ain't bitchin' when her friends are in danger...

CyberCubed
11-30-2016, 04:12 PM
I do like that issue gave us our first glimpse of Bishop. I imagine Tom Waltz wants to write the first "big" Bishop story where we delve into his character and backstory, but this was a nice teaser for the future. Seeing Bishop's motives and how he operates was well done.

Makes you wonder if Bishop is an expert in hand to hand combat, has a backstory where he lived since the 1800's, etc...like the show. Or if this Bishop is just a black OP's government man and just a normal human.

myconius
11-30-2016, 04:20 PM

it looked like the bullet grazed her arm.

it's not but a flesh wound.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 04:20 PM
I do like that issue gave us our first glimpse of Bishop. I imagine Tom Waltz wants to write the first "big" Bishop story where we delve into his character and backstory, but this was a nice teaser for the future. Seeing Bishop's motives and how he operates was well done.

Makes you wonder if Bishop is an expert in hand to hand combat, has a backstory where he lived since the 1800's, etc...like the show. Or if this Bishop is just a black OP's government man and just a normal human.

Occam's Razor.

Normal human. But we'll have to wait and see... could reasonably go either way.

Ninjinister
11-30-2016, 06:01 PM
"That's a special kinda lonely, she-bro." One of my favorite lines in all of this continuity.

corvus
11-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Zodi at the end there may as have said "I'm not Alopex, I'm not Hob and I am not Slash. I'm a damn villain and I will not become friends with you guys. Don't ask."

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 07:15 PM
Zodi at the end there may as have said "I'm not Alopex, I'm not Hob and I am not Slash. I'm a damn villain and I will not become friends with you guys. Don't ask."

Hey, Hob was cutthroat badass full-on villain. Never say never.

As long as Zodi doesn't become scaly-bait, I'm satisfied.

DrSpengler
11-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #4 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/11/tmnt-universe-4.html)

I loved the pacing of this whole arc; each chapter had its big action segment to it while also delivering the story elements along the way. It didn't put all the setup in the first half and then save the exciting stuff for the back end. In that regard, it read really well on a monthly basis as opposed to being one of those "clearly written for the trade" type of storylines.

Read altogether, the distribution of the action helps sell just how worn out the Turtles are when they finally get home and crash. They didn't get a moment's rest and the whole arc reads like an endurance marathon. Great stuff.

Loved the return of the Roadkill Rodneys because we all need more of those in our lives. Too bad Null didn't keep the scars Hob gave her. I was thinking that would've made some neat symbolic symmetry; Splinter scars Hob, Hob scars Nulls, etc.

Anyway, an all-around great arc. I'm ready for Universe to tackle non-Turtle characters now, though (I know they opened with the TMNT to better sell the new series to new readers). And since the next arc will be Mutanimal-centric, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

ProphetofGanja
11-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Ya know Egon, reading your summary/review made me realize just how grey this Turtles' series is. They've been forced repeatedly to work with their enemies in times of need, in order to survive. I like that; things are way more complex than a simple black-and-white dichotomy, the way they're portrayed in cartoon series

myconius
11-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #4 at TMNT Entity. (http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2016/11/tmnt-universe-4.html)

I loved the pacing of this whole arc; each chapter had its big action segment to it while also delivering the story elements along the way. It didn't put all the setup in the first half and then save the exciting stuff for the back end. In that regard, it read really well on a monthly basis as opposed to being one of those "clearly written for the trade" type of storylines.

Read altogether, the distribution of the action helps sell just how worn out the Turtles are when they finally get home and crash. They didn't get a moment's rest and the whole arc reads like an endurance marathon. Great stuff.

Loved the return of the Roadkill Rodneys because we all need more of those in our lives. Too bad Null didn't keep the scars Hob gave her. I was thinking that would've made some neat symbolic symmetry; Splinter scars Hob, Hob scars Nulls, etc.

Anyway, an all-around great arc. I'm ready for Universe to tackle non-Turtle characters now, though (I know they opened with the TMNT to better sell the new series to new readers). And since the next arc will be Mutanimal-centric, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.

yeah, the pacing of this entire arc was great reading from month to month.
too many mini-series had come out dragging their feet in the beginning, then ending abruptly.
each individual issue here was able to shine on it's own, and equaled an even greater sum.

as much as i am looking forward to delving into the other suporting characters, it was great this story focused on the four Turtle brothers.
for quite some time they were feeling like guest stars in their own comic.

we haven't really seen Hob since Tmnt #54 have we?
i imagine tensions are probably still running pretty high within the Mutanimals from where we left off?

Ya know Egon, reading your summary/review made me realize just how grey this Turtles' series is. They've been forced repeatedly to work with their enemies in times of need, in order to survive. I like that; things are way more complex than a simple black-and-white dichotomy, the way they're portrayed in cartoon series

that's another thing i really love about this series is the multitude of layers they give the characters.

ProphetofGanja
11-30-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm tired and can't process too much detail right now, but has anyone thought about the chronology of this story arc? All the Turtle bros are living with Mikey already so it would seem to take place after #64 in the main series. I guess we'll have to wait for #65 to come out to know for sure but that's probably right

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-30-2016, 09:12 PM
I'm tired and can't process too much detail right now, but has anyone thought about the chronology of this story arc? All the Turtle bros are living with Mikey already so it would seem to take place after #64 in the main series. I guess we'll have to wait for #65 to come out to know for sure but that's probably right

After Christmas (Issue #65) and the Bebop & Rocksteady miniseries, I would imagine.

ProphetofGanja
11-30-2016, 09:20 PM
After Christmas (Issue #65) and the Bebop & Rocksteady miniseries, I would imagine.

I will probably take the time to re-read everything post-#50 during the holiday season this year, I still haven't read most of those more than once yet

CyberCubed
11-30-2016, 09:34 PM
Man, the Turtles just got finished fighting Street Phantoms and Dun, and now they get caught up in another building brawl against the EPF. No wonder they were so tired at the end of the issue. :lol:

I do have to say, every "big boss" feels like a businessman. Shredder, Krang, Baxter, Darius Dun, Old Hob, Bishop and now Null...its like they're all in charge of their little factions. Granted Shredder, Krang and Dun are all either dead or locked up now, so its really down to just 3. And it remains to be seen if Baxter will stay by himself.

MikeandRaph87
11-30-2016, 09:42 PM
Maybe its because I am reading it month to month and I lose something in the story that way,but...what deal did the Turtles make that would make Stockman angry?

What role does Lady Null play into the overall IDW story after all of this?

Ninjinister
12-01-2016, 03:27 AM

Definitely after B&R since Pepperoni's there.

DrSpengler
12-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Maybe its because I am reading it month to month and I lose something in the story that way,but...what deal did the Turtles make that would make Stockman angry?

My interpretation was that the Turtles were aware that Zodi stole tech from Stockman and allowed her to leave with it as part of the deal with Null. Naturally, if Stockman found out that the Turtles helped Zodi steal some of his stuff, he wouldn't be very pleased with them.

ProphetofGanja
12-01-2016, 09:11 AM
Man, the Turtles just got finished fighting Street Phantoms and Dun, and now they get caught up in another building brawl against the EPF. No wonder they were so tired at the end of the issue. :lol:

I do have to say, every "big boss" feels like a businessman. Shredder, Krang, Baxter, Darius Dun, Old Hob, Bishop and now Null...its like they're all in charge of their little factions. Granted Shredder, Krang and Dun are all either dead or locked up now, so its really down to just 3. And it remains to be seen if Baxter will stay by himself.

I feel like you're conflating "big boss/faction leader/head honcho" with "businessman". True, all the villains the Turtles have faced have had similarities but really Dunn is the first one to fit into the classic businessman archetype. Shredder is a ruthless feudal ninja warlord, Stockman is a pragmatic scientist and master strategist, and Krang is an obsessively dedicated general and would-be savior of his people. Null may be the next closest thing to a business person type villain, albeit with an extradimensional twist

"Well, Dude, we just don't know"

Definitely after B&R since Pepperoni's there.

Ah yeah, that's right. I knew she would be re-entering the main series but now it feels like B&RDE came out so long ago that I'm hazy on the details. Definitely want to re-read the last few story arcs

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-01-2016, 09:22 AM

You really have very little concept of what a businessman is.

MikeandRaph87
12-01-2016, 10:11 AM
So they didn't explain the deal in the earlier part of the arc then? It was just spoken after the fact in dialog? It will likely be Sunday, but I need to go back and read the story as whole. Reading#51-#64 consecutively gave me more appreciation for the stories. I thought Morrison was the one that reads best as whole story instead of a chapter at a time.

Redeemer
12-01-2016, 11:38 AM

My interpretation was that the Turtles were aware that Zodi stole tech from Stockman and allowed her to leave with it as part of the deal with Null. Naturally, if Stockman found out that the Turtles helped Zodi steal some of his stuff, he wouldn't be very pleased with them.

I honestly thought he was trying to justify how/why he had a right to the turtles and not bishop, but he knew if he trapped him that Bishop would still take them. So I think Baxter let them go for now, so he could capture them later without Bishop's interference

old_hob88
12-01-2016, 09:32 PM

Bobby said in his thread that it goes 64, bebop and rocksteady destroy everything, universe 1-4, the back-ups in universe 1-5, then 65

MikeandRaph87
12-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Bobby said in his thread that it goes 64, bebop and rocksteady destroy everything, universe 1-4, the back-ups in universe 1-5, then 65

Then #66 then TMNTU#5 and #6 before Agent Bishop vs The Mutanimals.

Is it safe to say that its Lady Null vs Agent Bishop vs Baxter Stockman? A three way war and the TMNT are caught in the middle.

ChosenOne
12-01-2016, 10:08 PM
Then #66 then TMNTU#5 and #6 before Agent Bishop vs The Mutanimals.

Is it safe to say that its Lady Null vs Agent Bishop vs Baxter Stockman? A three way war and the TMNT are caught in the middle.

I have a feeling it'll be a four-way war once Hob and the Mutanimals get drawn in. After all, they have a lot of animosity towards the other parties involved.

myconius
12-01-2016, 10:20 PM

UH OH!!! :o
that Tmnt Universe back-up story makes me a little nervous.
Leonardo off on his own, on the run for his life RIGHT before Christmas!!!! (O_o)

CyberCubed
12-01-2016, 10:20 PM
With Baxter being sort of by himself or with April, I don't think Baxter intends to actively attack any of the other parties, just keep himself and his company (does Stocktronics still exist?) alive.

Utrommaniac
12-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Man, I don't blame Michelangelo for wanting a Christmas party then. They've been through some exhausting stuff.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-02-2016, 09:28 AM
With Baxter being sort of by himself or with April, I don't think Baxter intends to actively attack any of the other parties, just keep himself and his company (does Stocktronics still exist?) alive.

He'll side with the Turtles/Mutanimals for now, because they're the only ones who haven't lately tried to dismantle him and his operations (unlike Bishop or Null).

But as soon as he gets a better deal elsewhere... :tshifty:

MikeandRaph87
12-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Hob destroyed StockGen so what was the building that Zodi and the TMNT were trapped in by Agent Bishop? Was it the new StockGen labs?

old_hob88
12-02-2016, 09:53 AM
UH OH!!! :o
that Tmnt Universe back-up story makes me a little nervous.
Leonardo off on his own, on the run for his life RIGHT before Christmas!!!! (O_o)

The back up is a dream sequence, hence why everything is so distorted

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-02-2016, 10:06 AM
Hob destroyed StockGen so what was the building that Zodi and the TMNT were trapped in by Agent Bishop? Was it the new StockGen labs?

TCRI, another one of Stockman's companies. Turns out the man has more than one evil R&D facility.

ProphetofGanja
12-02-2016, 10:38 AM
TCRI, another one of Stockman's companies. Turns out the man has more than one evil R&D facility.

He must have a lot because it was different from the TCRI skyscraper that he took Shredder to during Vengeance. It seems like the building we saw in this first TMNTU arc is more of a warehouse, very low key

myconius
12-03-2016, 10:41 AM
The back up is a dream sequence, hence why everything is so distorted

i've had my suspicions that the back-up story might be Kitsune trying to get into Leonardo's head again, like she did in issue #23.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 01:21 PM
The backup story reminds me of the old Mirage shorts where just a bunch of mindless crazy stuff happens.

myconius
12-03-2016, 02:02 PM
The backup story reminds me of the old Mirage shorts where just a bunch of mindless crazy stuff happens.

and i'm holding out that there's going to be some sort of twist to this story.

but regardless i'm still enjoying it even if it does turn out to be just an action romp.

Klunk1234
12-11-2016, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=myconius;1643346]Michael, Donald, Leopold, and - - - - - :lol:

That was funny. She only knew their nicknames, not their full names; hence she has to invented such names for the boys. :D

I hope April won't endanger the boys by working for that man, Baxter Stockman. I really don't like him. He is a mercenary.

I really loved Mikey; he is the peacemaker of the group. Poor boys! They crash out on the sofas and Raph brought pillows and blankets for them. It was so tender. I though he will carry them to their bedrooms, so they can rest more comfortably.

myconius
12-12-2016, 08:12 AM
. . . Poor boys! They crash out on the sofas and Raph brought pillows and blankets for them. It was so tender. I though he will carry them to their bedrooms, so they can rest more comfortably.

probably better to just cover them with warm blankets?

to try to move them while they're asleep might disturb their? :)

MikeandRaph87
12-12-2016, 09:22 AM
Agent Bishop makes his presence known and gets a lot of enemies in the process from lady Null to Old Hob to Baxter Stockman to the TMNT.

Will the fifth issue come out next week? It looks to have a delay. It is okay with two other TMNT comic coming out this week.

ToTheNines
12-12-2016, 09:32 AM
#5 is due out the 21st.

Klunk1234
12-12-2016, 05:33 PM
probably better to just cover them with warm blankets?

to try to move them while they're asleep might disturb their? :)

I don't think so. The boys are super tired, even if their brother carry them they will not wake up. I love "soft" Raphie:tcool:

Sabacooza
12-12-2016, 07:22 PM
I love "soft" Raphie:tcool:That was pretty cool to see. IDW does a good job of making him a 3 dimensional character.

myconius
12-13-2016, 07:24 AM
I don't think so. The boys are super tired, even if their brother carry them they will not wake up. I love "soft" Raphie:tcool:

speaking for myself-
when my brother falls asleep on the couch, i don't think i could carry him to bed? ...nor he carry me? :lol:

Klunk1234
12-13-2016, 10:36 AM
speaking for myself-
when my brother falls asleep on the couch, i don't think i could carry him to bed? ...nor he carry me? :lol:

Well, that's mostly in everybody case. :) But not in Raph's case. He is very strong. He was the one who carried Donnie, when he, Leo and Mikey were on that building. (See TMNT Universe #2) I think for Raph, Donnie is very light, not heavy.

myconius
12-13-2016, 10:46 AM
Well, that's in everybody case. ;) But not in Raph's case. He is very strong. He was the one who was with Donnie on his arms when he, Leo and Mikey were on that building. (See TMNT Universe #2) I think for Raph, Donnie is very light, not heavy.

true! though maybe the dire emergency might also have given Raph the adrenaline boost to rescue of Donnie?
after all that happened to Raph, i think he deserved a little rest for himself too!
in his case, pounding that punching bag ASAP ;)

Klunk1234
12-13-2016, 10:56 AM
true! though maybe the dire emergency might also have given Raph the adrenaline boost to rescue of Donnie?
after all that happened to Raph, i think he deserved a little rest for himself too!
in his case, pounding that punching bag ASAP ;)

Yeah! Raph was punched very hard. He was so worry about his other little brother's well being. At the end, that punching bag help him to get rid of the troubles, he and siblings have had to endure. And like you said, he deserves a rest, too.

myconius
12-13-2016, 11:05 AM
. . . . he deserves a rest, too.

most definitely!

some rest , . . . and maybe even a hug? :D