PDA

View Full Version : RIP Fidel Castro finally dead at age 90

CyberCubed
11-25-2016, 10:30 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38114953

http://i.imgur.com/mxaaEri.jpg

snake
11-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Holy sh*t. We all knew it was coming, but the dudes been alive so long that it's a shock when it actually happens.

CyberCubed
11-25-2016, 10:55 PM
This guy has literally been around since before World War II. He was born in 1926. Jesus Christ.

MikeandRaph87
11-25-2016, 11:14 PM
I saw this in thr middle of the nightband CyberCubed is the informant. I of course course had to triple check to verify this. Its barely been reported,only minutes. Yet its true. The immortal evil foil actually is dead. So many written the man off as dead for decades now.

I teach two courses U. S. History and World History 2. Just last week I told the World 2 students that there are only two people left of over one hundred that you learn of and are required to know. Only two survive, Mikhail Gorbachev and Fidel Castro and Castro has some form of immortality. In that sense its relevant for me.

Sayonara, sucker.

Raul will rule just as he has. The controversial Obama strategy was placed so Cuba cant lie and say because the U.S. refuses to trade with them their economy sucks when its the fact Communism cannot be substaned for several decades as China and Russia both have proven in different ways. The military will take power for a time and it will at least most likely enact something similar to China's setup.

CyberCubed
11-26-2016, 12:14 AM
I teach two courses U. S. History and World History 2. Just last week I told the World 2 students that there are only two people left of over one hundred that you learn of and are required to know.

I still find it hard to believe you're a teacher in real life, simply because you're so young. How does that work anyway? Do students even listen to young teachers?

In any case, its hard to believe Castro lasted so long. The U.S. tried to have him assassinated countless times.

Utrommaniac
11-26-2016, 12:27 AM
I've had a fairly "young" instructor in high school, who was a student himself. I think to become a lawyer or some kind. He taught AP English ("Rhetoric") in my junior year, and was one of the more hip and cool teachers.

He lost a lot of weight well into my Senior year and I actually mistook him for a student in the high school. It was actually a little terrifying.

But this is an interesting death to come close to the end of the year on. It might be interesting to see who will follow, but man, if this isn't the greatest "good riddance".

TigerClaw
11-26-2016, 08:05 AM
and the Cuban exile community is celebrating all over South Florida.

CyberCubed
11-26-2016, 10:22 AM
Are those Cuban exiles to Florida legal citizens? Especially since a lot of them were criminals and mental patients?

I wonder if Trump is going to deport them back to Cuba. :lol:

TigerClaw
11-26-2016, 10:46 AM
The Cubans in Miami are celebrating his death, while the Cubans in Tampa are unfazed by the news.

ranger_scout
11-26-2016, 12:05 PM
My mother's side of the family had to leave the country of Cuba because of the terrible job he was doing as their leader. They will not be saddened by this at all.

snake
11-26-2016, 02:39 PM
It's kind of hilarious that minutes after it was reported, Cubed is on that sh*t.

ToTheNines
11-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Castro dead?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/4/40/Picture0003.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110623042517

Probably means nothing for Cuba though. I assume his successor is already in place.

MikeandRaph87
11-26-2016, 03:09 PM
It's kind of hilarious that minutes after it was reported, Cubed is on that sh*t.

Yeah,he beat everyone but BBC,the link he posted it from. The only Castro search terms with Castro aside from that was about Kapernick's Castro/Malcolm X t-shirt at the time. Speaking of time it was 12:45AM. So of course I was in doubt,but about ten minutes later other sources proved it to be fact.

Probably means nothing for Cuba though. I assume his successor is already in place.

ToTheNines, take a look at the post I made above. Cuba is already prepared. Fidel was not in power and really has not been since 2008,only an emeritus status.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
11-27-2016, 05:50 AM
This guy has literally been around since before World War II. He was born in 1926. Jesus Christ.

Raśl Castro is only five years younger, born 1931.

TheSkeletonMan939
11-27-2016, 04:55 PM
I was thinking just the other day about when this guy was ever going to kick the bucket.

Jephael
11-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Queen Elizabeth is also just a decade short of living a full 100 years. I wonder if she'll make it to that milestone.

DestronMirage22
11-27-2016, 08:27 PM
Adios pinche cabron. I'll remember you every time I play Guerrilla War on my NES, but not for anything else.

Hamato Yoshi
12-06-2016, 04:05 AM
Queen Elizabeth is also just a decade short of living a full 100 years. I wonder if she'll make it to that milestone.

Prolly not...not many show biz people reach that milestone :

George Gaynes (98...so close though)
Eli Wallach (ninety eight)
director Leslie Martinson (died at 101)

MikeandRaph87
12-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Bob Hope made it four months over 100 and George Burns made it to 100 despite his habits. Kirk Douglas will hit the milestone in under a year. The same can be said for Zaza Gabor in a couple of months despite her poor health having her death's door for close to a decade.