PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite coming to PS4

TigerClaw
11-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Its official! Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is coming to PS4, Check out the trailer.

tpQ_l1XHL_g

GoldMutant
11-26-2016, 03:30 PM
Awesome! (If it's confirmed)

I really hope when the game is confirmed at some point, they add in Daredevil on the Marvel side. That's my one wish.

DestronMirage22
11-26-2016, 06:56 PM
**** YES. But PS4 exclusive (maybe)?:cry:
Also:
GIVE US SHUMA GORATH!!!!
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/capcomdatabase/images/e/ef/SHUMA-GORATH_001.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121012191603

Ninjinister
11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
Why the crap do people start topics on things that aren't confirmed? We have a general discussion topic, dammit. Too much of a gamble if it turns out to be fake.

Cure
11-26-2016, 10:19 PM
Calm down, Shuma Gorath was in 3.

Andrew NDB
11-26-2016, 10:36 PM
This will make my friend's day.

I'm pretty bored with all these new Street Fighters and such. It's the same damn 2D fighting engine since 1992. It was cool at the time, now it's dated and dumb (of course you should be able to move sideways in a fight). Capcom kind of half-heartedly tried to evolve things into 3D gameplay with "Street Fighter Ex" way back in like the Saturn days, but after that just threw up their hands for nostalgia.

DestronMirage22
11-26-2016, 11:03 PM
Calm down, Shuma Gorath was in 3.

Yeah, but he'd need to be in 4 too. :P

Shark_Blade
11-27-2016, 01:38 AM
I want my Ace Attorney to return back!!!

TheBlueTurtle1
11-27-2016, 04:06 AM
I really REALLY hope this is true, BUT I think it is fake. Also I wouldn't hold out much hope of the Marvel side being very interesting.

Marvel will flood the roster with Guardians of the Galaxy characters, and avengers, to promote their movies. You will see no X-men (lets face it, they are the best) and no FF.

Shark_Blade
11-27-2016, 05:50 AM
Lol yeah.... Fantastic Four?? Seriously??

turtlefanforever
11-27-2016, 09:05 AM
it would make sense. They did that deal to get street fighter 5 to be an exclusive. Maybe PS is the future home to most Capcom sequels.

TheBlueTurtle1
11-27-2016, 10:44 AM
Lol yeah.... Fantastic Four?? Seriously??

Yes, Fantastic Four are great characters, just because the new movie sucked, doesn't mean the franchise sucks.

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Fighters were like the "Call of Duty" of the 90's. They would just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again with only a handful of new characters.

After the disaster that was Street Fighter V, I don't know why anyone would have any faith in this. Not to mention back in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3...they wouldn't even make Megaman a playable character. MEGAMAN....Capcom's main mascot.

DestronMirage22
11-27-2016, 07:43 PM
Fighters were like the "Call of Duty" of the 90's. They would just keep re-releasing the same game over and over again with only a handful of new characters.

After the disaster that was Street Fighter V, I don't know why anyone would have any faith in this. Not to mention back in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3...they wouldn't even make Megaman a playable character. MEGAMAN....Capcom's main mascot.

The thing with those games was that they were characters people really liked, who they really wanted to see appear in more fighting games.

Capcom's interest in Megaman has been purely for marketing reasons for the last few years. They don't care enough about him anymore to release new games about him, or continue his awesome comic series. But Megaplushies, random crap, and "hip new" reboots are fine. :roll:

TheBlueTurtle1
12-01-2016, 08:01 AM
You guys keeping up with the rumors? The art IS FAKE. The person who made it came forward. More sources are saying it will be revealed this weekend.

It seems people are unsure (if it is real) where the X-men stand, looks like we may get Wolverine and Deadpool, or they may be cut altogether.

Personally, I was frustrated with the poor X-men reps in 3, so to cut them entirely would be very hard for me to accept. At this point It would make me very happy to just have Wolverine.

DestronMirage22
12-01-2016, 08:15 AM
You guys keeping up with the rumors? The art IS FAKE. The person who made it came forward.

Dang, you're right. Just checked some articles and you're right. In hindsight it should've been obvious, but people just want to believe. It's still a possibility it'll come out, what with all the many rumors from different places.

TheBlueTurtle1
12-01-2016, 08:49 AM
Dang, you're right. Just checked some articles and you're right. In hindsight it should've been obvious, but people just want to believe. It's still a possibility it'll come out, what with all the many rumors from different places.

A lot of the sources stand to loose all their credibility, if the game turns out to be fake.

I am 50/50, and to some extent I kinda hope it doesn't happen. When was the last time capcom made a good game? Res 7 and Dead Rising 4 look like some kinda of joke, and if Marvel are going to blacklist the x-men, then this game is gonna suck.

MvC without Wolverine and Doom! seriously?

You need to look what Marvel did to Disney Infinity.:x

DestronMirage22
12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
Yeah, if a MvC4 happened without fan favorites like Wolverine (who's been in EVERY one of these games) and Doom, many would complain and some would probably call it a failure. Personally, as long as Shuma's in it, I couldn't complain :P.
What was so bad about Infinity? Too many Marvel characters? Not enough, or just the wrong ones?

Dust
12-03-2016, 12:25 PM
IT'S REAL! Marvel vs Capcom Infinite! And the first thing they showed in that trailer was Mega Man X! CAPCOM IS BACK BABY!

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Here's the trailer.

tpQ_l1XHL_g

Captain Marvel is gonna be in the game.

Updated the 1st post and changed the thread title to reflect the new title of the game.

DestronMirage22
12-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Mahvel's back baby!!!
It's Shuma time!!!

Dust
12-03-2016, 03:31 PM
Here's the trailer.

tpQ_l1XHL_g

Captain Marvel is gonna be in the game.

Updated the 1st post and changed the thread title to reflect the new title of the game.

Captain Marvel's in the game? Thanks, couldn't see her in the thumbnail, thanks for pointing it out :tlol:

Gameplay for the game will be shown at the Capcom Cup, so keep a watch out for that

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is also available today on PS4, and on Xbox One and PC March 2017.

_KctMDsHVF8

Ninjinister
12-03-2016, 04:43 PM
I am very glad this is coming and so far I'm impressed (you know, as much as someone can be with no gameplay yet) - and am glad it'll not be PS4 exclusive as initially thought. I just think it's silly when people jump the gun and especially needing to OMG NEW TOPIC everything.

A lot of the sources stand to loose all their credibility, if the game turns out to be fake.

That would require them to have credibility in the first place.

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 08:10 PM
You can watch the Capcom Cup stream right now, they will show the MvC4 gameplay later on.
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

PApagreg
12-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Fingers crossed for Moon Knight and Runaways

GoldMutant
12-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Been thinking about a roster in MvC with a friend for a few months actually. If I oversaw a roster, it'd be something like this (about 50 characters altogether, I'll put in more later):

Starters (Marvel):
-Captain America
-Hulk
-Iron-Man
-Spider-Man
-Wolverine
-Black Widow
-Captain Marvel
-Thor
-Doctor Doom
-Venom/Green Goblin (both are still prominent today in some ways for Spidey)
-Storm
-Nova
-Hawkeye

Unlockable (Marvel):
-Daredevil
-Magneto
-Thanos
-Mandarin
-Deadpool
-Vision
-Shuma-Gorath
-Super Skrull/The Thing (we need an FF character someday, not SS)
-She-Hulk
-The Leader (possibly as a joke character)
-Nick Fury

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 11:38 PM
The Grand Finals are on, Chances are the footage will be shown right after it.

DestronMirage22
12-03-2016, 11:40 PM
-Shuma-Gorath

I like the way you think. :P

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Alright! time for the MvC4 gameplay footage, I'm sure it'll be online too.

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 11:51 PM
Here's the Gameplay Trailer.

S1hTW2VFpJ4

Ninjinister
12-04-2016, 08:44 PM
The vid I initially watched for it is DMCA'd but Captain America and Morrigan Aensland were confirmed today.

EDIT:
udJXP1qjfUM

TigerClaw
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Extended Gameplay Trailer with Captain America & Morrigan

udJXP1qjfUM

sdp
12-04-2016, 09:48 PM
So the X-Men which ironically started this whole franchise aren't featured in the latest installment. wow.

Coola Yagami
12-04-2016, 10:10 PM
So the X-Men which ironically started this whole franchise aren't featured in the latest installment. wow.

It's too soon to tell until we see a full roster. At the very least wolverine will be in it, possibly deadpool and magneto.

Ninjinister
12-04-2016, 10:28 PM

According to whom? Certainly not Marvel (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2016/12/03/two-on-two-fights-are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx).

While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, are happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me.

sdp
12-04-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm reading outdated news it seems, still that quote doesn't fill me with confidence it can mean many things.

DestronMirage22
12-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Extended Gameplay Trailer with Captain America & Morrigan

udJXP1qjfUM

Morrigan looks good. As always. :P

Considering UMvC3 was just re-released, a game which includes both X-Men and FF characters, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ninjinister
12-05-2016, 12:19 AM
I'm reading outdated news it seems, still that quote doesn't fill me with confidence it can mean many things.

I don't believe anybody with any authority ever said they weren't doing X-Men or FF characters at all. Just the internet being the internet.

GoldMutant
01-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Apparently a leak for the roster occurred earlier this month, thoughts on the roster guys if it turns out to be true?
http://vgleaks.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-roster-details-possibly-leaked/

Considering Marvel is focused on it's MCU in it, the roster seems pretty likely. However, Squirrel Girl and Gwenpool feel completely random. Not a fan of the various parodies of characters in Marvel with Gwen Stacy, nor am I hugely familiar with SG. I do like though Daredevil and Black Panther being added in.

Capcom's side though feels too iffy. One of my favorite YouTubers, Quarter Guy, explained some strangeness with the Capcom side. I cannot vouch for it though as I'm entirely familiar with Capcom franchises.

oldmanwinters
01-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Fun to see the return of the Infinity Stones to the series. It's like 1996 all over again!

DestronMirage22
01-15-2017, 11:49 PM
Yeah I saw that supposed roster leak when it came out. I personally think it's not legitimate. I do think that a good number of the characters listed are probably gonna be in the game. I would absolutely love for them all to make it in, plus more characters. That [/I]exact[/I] list though? I doubt it.
One reason I think that leak's fake is that it goes as far as claiming that there are gonna be new games in certain Capcom series, that haven't been rumored anywhere else.

But the REAL reason why I think this leak is fake is: Shuma Gorath. IS. NOT. LISTED. IN. THE. CHARACTER. ROSTER. That is blasphemy. Pure BLASPHEMY. :flaming::flaming::flaming:

Just kidding. :P
I DO seriously want him in the game, though.

DestronMirage22
01-15-2017, 11:59 PM
Fun to see the return of the Infinity Stones to the series. It's like 1996 all over again!

I agree. Marvel Super Heroes is one of my favorite games of all time (I've grown up playing the Japanese version on my Sega Saturn and treasure it to this day) so it's a real treat for me to see an aspect of said game return to this new one. I would absolutely love it if the complete MSH roster were in the game, Anita, Thanos, Akuma, and all! *cough* but especially Shuma *cough*

The Deadman
04-27-2017, 01:18 PM
d_H2YEcS1d8

turtlefanforever
05-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Rocket racoon and groot added

Ninjinister
05-10-2017, 12:07 AM
With Chris Redfield in the game I think it's safe to say that "leak" list might be disconfirmed....?

Rocket racoon and groot added

By added you mean... there was a video? 'Cause Rocket was confirmed before that and Groot's his assist.

And that video can be found here:
https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/860509421222350848

Coola Yagami
05-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Still waiting for them X-Men characters, at the very least Wolverine and Magneto.

Andrew NDB
05-12-2017, 02:23 AM
Ah, more 2D fighting. Reminds me of 1992.

oldmanwinters
05-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Ah, more 2D fighting. Reminds me of 1992.

I am a fan of the Plasma Sword/Star Gladiator and (especially) Power Stone series, but Capcom never was able to master the 3D fighter genre in the way that Namco and Sega did.

The Deadman
05-31-2017, 11:22 AM
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite roster leaked (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-character-roster-reporte/1100-6450442/)

Cure
05-31-2017, 11:28 AM
That would be a garbage roster if true. No one interesting on either side.

DestronMirage22
05-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite roster leaked (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-character-roster-reporte/1100-6450442/)

My god, if that roster is real...

THERE'S NO SHUMA GORATH ON THE FREAKING LIST!!!
It would be blasphemy if he wasn't included!!

Turo602
05-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Saw the roster last night and that's just horrible. I was really excited for this game, but not anymore. That is if that roster is legitimate. Though, given Capcom's recent track record with Street Fighter V and Resident Evil 7, I wouldn't put it past them.

GoldMutant
05-31-2017, 04:04 PM
No Ace Attorney? :ohwell:

No Daredevil? :(

No Wolverine/X-Men?! :x

I get if it's to advertise the recent games for Capcom or movies with Marvel, but seriously? This is our starting roster, minus DLC like Sigma? (Seriously, why is Sigma DLC?) It's underwhelming as hell.

Coola Yagami
06-01-2017, 12:10 AM
At the very least mainstays like Wolverine and Magneto should be there by default. Anyone else can be DLC. But there really should be at least one X-Men character by default.

Andrew NDB
06-01-2017, 12:30 AM
At the very least mainstays like Wolverine and Magneto should be there by default. Anyone else can be DLC. But there really should be at least one X-Men character by default.

X-Men not readily available, not a part of the main central marketing... but you can specifically pay to download them, on the side.

Sounds about right as far as Marvel's standpoint.

TigerClaw
06-01-2017, 05:57 AM
X-Men not being in the roster could be, cause Fox still owns the rights, so Disney/Marvel are not allowing Capcom to use them in the latest game.

PApagreg
06-01-2017, 10:21 PM
You know its times like these that I wish Marvel would make deal with Capcom and just make a fighter thats entirely of Marvel heroes because, this roster is just shameful.

Andrew NDB
06-01-2017, 10:27 PM
X-Men not being in the roster could be, cause Fox still owns the rights, so Disney/Marvel are not allowing Capcom to use them in the latest game.

That's probably the case. I'm sure Capcom would want to use them.

Ninjinister
06-01-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm hoping this is just the list of who will be shown at an event, like E3 or D23 or something... or just altogether fake. Not only is it a smaller roster than MvC3's vanilla pre-DLC roster... it's very underwhelming. A mild surprise in Jedah on the Capcom side but nothing interesting outside of that.

They still had the rights during MvC3's release and X-Men characters were there.

DestronMirage22
06-01-2017, 11:01 PM
You know its times like these that I wish Marvel would make deal with Capcom and just make a fighter thats entirely of Marvel heroes because, this roster is just shameful.

YES.
I've been longing for a sequel to Marvel Super Heroes for years. With the original roster and every other Marvel character they've used (plus some more) they could make an awesome game!

Coola Yagami
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping this is just the list of who will be shown at an event, like E3 or D23 or something... or just altogether fake. Not only is it a smaller roster than MvC3's vanilla pre-DLC roster... it's very underwhelming. A mild surprise in Jedah on the Capcom side but nothing interesting outside of that.

They still had the rights during MvC3's release and X-Men characters were there.

Exactly, the games shouldn't have anything to do with the movies. They have no problems with putting X-Men characters in the current mobile games.

chrisdude
06-03-2017, 06:52 PM
MvC3 was a long time ago. The Avengers hadn't even come out yet.

Coola Yagami
06-03-2017, 11:24 PM
It's still kinda dumb how mobile games can use whoever they want but Capcom can't.

PApagreg
06-03-2017, 11:30 PM

6 years isn't THAT long but I do see your point

GoldMutant
06-04-2017, 01:39 PM

As Ninjinister said though, the X-Men were still under Fox's control, yet Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Magneto, X-23 and a Sentinel were all playable. Deadpool also, but I count him now as independent despite having ties to the X-Men.

Wolverine has been in every one of these games since the start if you count that X-Men only fighting game. It doesn't make sense personally.

I just hope this isn't the real roster. There was the leak I showed a while back, but who knows?

Ninjinister
06-05-2017, 11:00 PM
There was also this:

According to whom? Certainly not Marvel (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/marvel_vs_capcom_infinite/b/playstation4/archive/2016/12/03/two-on-two-fights-are-made-more-chaotic-by-infinity-stones.aspx).

chrisdude
06-09-2017, 11:56 PM
As Ninjinister said though, the X-Men were still under Fox's control, yet Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Magneto, X-23 and a Sentinel were all playable. Deadpool also, but I count him now as independent despite having ties to the X-Men.

Wolverine has been in every one of these games since the start if you count that X-Men only fighting game. It doesn't make sense personally.

I just hope this isn't the real roster. There was the leak I showed a while back, but who knows?Yes, fox had X-Men movie rights. I'm just saying that, back then, they weren't really concurrent, competing movie franchises. Fast forward to now, and people are always accusing Marvel of crapping on X-Men.

It's certainly no coincidence, and it's not because they're just dumb, and don't think we want X-Men. Maybe the roster leak is fake. But, in my opinion, they've revealed enough characters to have gotten around to an X-Man if they had them.

I also kind of like the theory of X-Men being DLC. Not because I think it's likely, but because it's one of the few ways Capcom could outdo themselves in milking fighting games for every possible penny.

Andrew NDB
06-18-2017, 08:56 PM
So no X-Men at all. Pretty funny and sad. The whole beginning of the Capcom/Marvel stuff began with "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" in 1996. That was the start. Now the X-Men aren't even allowed to be in it at all, lol... this new game shouldn't even exist, or it should be called something else entirely.

DestronMirage22
06-18-2017, 09:50 PM
So no X-Men at all. Pretty funny and sad. The whole beginning of the Capcom/Marvel stuff began with "X-Men vs. Street Fighter" in 1996. That was the start. Now the X-Men aren't even allowed to be in it at all, lol... this new game shouldn't even exist, or it should be called something else entirely.

Although technically the series started in 1994, with X-Men Children of the Atom. And that makes it even worse. :ohwell:

Andrew NDB
06-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Although technically the series started in 1994, with X-Men Children of the Atom. And that makes it even worse. :ohwell:

That was Capcom? I never realized that was Capcom.

Maybe the plan is to save the X-Men for downloadable content later, after the initial sales are in. As a compromise. Saving all the X-Men for a big add-on later seems very much the very dated, 1990s Capcom business model.

The Deadman
06-19-2017, 02:59 PM
That's why if I want to play just an all MARVEL fighting game that isnt tied to mobile, I play MUGEN.

Coola Yagami
06-19-2017, 08:34 PM
That was Capcom? I never realized that was Capcom.

Maybe the plan is to save the X-Men for downloadable content later, after the initial sales are in. As a compromise. Saving all the X-Men for a big add-on later seems very much the very dated, 1990s Capcom business model.

You didn't recognize the same character sprites from Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, etc from X-Men COTA and X-Men vs Street Fighter?

Also with how lackluster the roster is, I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Men dlc will just be wolverine, storm, magneto, etc and not be anyone new or at least not already seen in UMVC3....

Andrew NDB
06-19-2017, 11:32 PM
You didn't recognize the same character sprites from Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, etc from X-Men COTA and X-Men vs Street Fighter?

It's been eons.

Coola Yagami
06-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Rumors say some characters might be.... on-disc DLC.... if that's true, didn't they learn from the backlash from SF X Tekken?

Autbot_Benz
06-27-2017, 03:51 PM
Idiot Producer's excuse for no X-men is fans don't remembers the X-men
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/27/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-no-x-men-fans-forgotten-them/

“We talked with Marvel very closely about their future roadmap, about what's gonna be happening. Your modern Marvel fan, maybe they don't even remember some of the X-Men characters, but they know some of the Guardians characters or Black Panther. You know what I mean? Captain Marvel may seem like a strange pick, but she's fantastic. She fits the gameplay. She fits the story, and they're gonna be really pushing her as a strong female lead all the way up into the movie. We're trying to take everything into account and choose the best characters.”

chrisdude
06-27-2017, 05:39 PM
What a load. They talked to Marvel, alright...

DestronMirage22
06-27-2017, 11:14 PM
What an idiot. His blatant lies fool no one.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-28-2017, 01:57 AM
I was looking forward to MvC 4, now I don't even care enough to buy it. No X-men, MCU shoved down your throats, 2v2 and poor graphics. I found the demo boring. They sucked the life out of my favourite fighter series.

I just wish they added Megaman X and jedah as DLC to MVC 3, which was actually a good game and well presented.

GoldMutant
06-28-2017, 08:35 AM
Considering Wolverine has been found in several Marvel cartoons since UMVC3 and the X-Men films, how the hell is anyone supposed to "forget" him?

Blatant covering up of the X-Men not appearing or trying to keep them in secret for DLC. Stupid as all hell.

TheBlueTurtle1
06-28-2017, 09:47 AM
It's a joke, Capcom keep failing, and wondering why. I don't for the life of me understand what has happened to them. So many bad games over the last 5 years.

They are trying to TELL us what to like, and so are Marvel with their crappy boring MCU. X-men and Spider-man were and always will be the best part of Marvel, they have the best heroes and Villains. The avengers,Dr Strange , Black Panther etc all have a boring cast of characters.

I loved MvC2 and still do, and I think for the most part MvC 3 was well made.
I hope this fails, it deserves to.:x

I guess the fans that watched logan and gave it a 700 million $ pay out, didn't know and still don't know who the or what f*ck they watched.

Turo602
06-29-2017, 03:54 AM
Wait, Logan is part of X-Men? What the hell is an X-Men? Is that something to do with that one Badger guy with the claws?

GoldMutant
07-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Black Panther is DLC... :ohwell:

Coola Yagami
07-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Black Panther is DLC... :ohwell:

The final boss, Ultron Sigma is a fusion of Ultron and Sigma. One of them is selectable... the other is DLC.....what?

Ninjinister
07-12-2017, 12:35 AM
The final boss, Ultron Sigma is a fusion of Ultron and Sigma. One of them is selectable... the other is DLC.....what?

Yeah I don't understand this s**t. I am willing to take a LOT of abuse from fighting game devs, so if I'm not takin' it, you know it's bull.

Cure
07-12-2017, 12:53 AM
Yeah I don't understand this s**t. I am willing to take a LOT of abuse from fighting game devs, so if I'm not takin' it, you know it's bull.

Oh, damn. Wrap it up, people.

Coola Yagami
07-13-2017, 08:14 AM
Oh, damn. Wrap it up, people.

Not yet. The game is out in Sept. They still got time to make more lame announcements. There's already rumors of on disc dlc which made everyone hate SF X Tekken. Will they ever learn?

The Deadman
07-13-2017, 03:04 PM
On-disc DLC remains a thing because people aren't too up in arms about it.

GoldMutant
07-19-2017, 12:07 AM
Get ready for a Comic Con reveal soon, guys.

Also, new character announced from the Darkstalkers series: https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/07/17/jedah-dohma-has-returned-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Andrew NDB
07-19-2017, 12:08 AM
Not yet. The game is out in Sept. They still got time to make more lame announcements. There's already rumors of on disc dlc which made everyone hate SF X Tekken. Will they ever learn?

Capcom is probably the worst, most backwards video game company there is.

GoldMutant
07-25-2017, 01:43 PM
Here's an article involving Comic Con. http://www.comingsoon.net/games/features/870097-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-news-from-san-diego-comic-con

The major takeaways are as follows. (I'll leave them in spoilers for now)

1. Story mode got some explanation. The worlds are being merged.

2. The Infinity Stones will be back as part of the gameplay.

3. Four of the worlds in story mode were covered: Xgard, Knowmoon, Valkanda, and A.I.M.brella.

4. Four characters added to the roster (it might be 25 characters on this article, but I'm probably misinterpreting). Spider-Man on the Marvel side is finally confirmed; on the Capcom side, we now have Frank West, Hagger, and Nemesis.

Ninjinister
07-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Here's an article involving Comic Con. http://www.comingsoon.net/games/features/870097-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-news-from-san-diego-comic-con

The major takeaways are as follows. (I'll leave them in spoilers for now)

1. Story mode got some explanation. The worlds are being merged.

2. The Infinity Stones will be back as part of the gameplay.

3. Four of the worlds in story mode were covered: Xgard, Knowmoon, Valkanda, and A.I.M.brella.

4. Four characters added to the roster (it might be 25 characters on this article, but I'm probably misinterpreting). Spider-Man on the Marvel side is finally confirmed; on the Capcom side, we now have Frank West, Hagger, and Nemesis.

Your #1 and #2 were things that were indicated months ago. #2 was confirmed in the first trailer.

GoldMutant
07-25-2017, 02:18 PM
Your #1 and #2 were things that were indicated months ago. #2 was confirmed in the first trailer.

Both were expanded on is what I meant. Should've worded better prior to posting.

1. The heroes need unlikely help from Thanos. That, and Utron Sigma wants mortals turned into robots.

2. The Infinity Stones were also explained. The power meter goes up and you get a super move, same as Marvel Super Heroes.

Ninjinister
07-25-2017, 02:52 PM
Both were expanded on is what I meant. Should've worded better prior to posting.

1. The heroes need unlikely help from Thanos. That, and Utron Sigma wants mortals turned into robots.

2. The Infinity Stones were also explained. The power meter goes up and you get a super move, same as Marvel Super Heroes.

Did you not like see the story trailer from E3 or play the demo that came out at the same time?

Sumac
08-07-2017, 06:54 PM
LOL @ idea that all fighting games should have 3D fighting. It's like saying that all games should use 3D graphics and there should be no games with 2D graphics. Such a limited view.

As for the project - it doesn't look good. Crappy models with strange faces and proportions, the whole plasticy look of the game. Like it belongs to PS3 rather than modern era. And of course, Capcom favorite scum practices.

Maybe I will buy it one day, but it certainly won't be this year, unless reviews are glowing, which I suspect won't be the case.

GoldMutant
08-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Did you not like see the story trailer from E3 or play the demo that came out at the same time?

No, I do not own the money for the demo and only mentioned the article as its my first exposure of information.

If it was already reported on, then my mistake on my attitude from before.

Cure
08-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Demos are free, man. Unless you mean you don't have any current generation systems or anything.

GoldMutant
08-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Demos are free, man. Unless you mean you don't have any current generation systems or anything.

Yeah, that's pretty much it, man.

I don't have the money currently to purchase a new console and games to support it. It's going to take a while before I can play it outside seeing footage or a buddy owning it.

Ninjinister
08-08-2017, 04:36 AM
No, I do not own the money for the demo and only mentioned the article as its my first exposure of information.

If it was already reported on, then my mistake on my attitude from before.

My mistake then. I assumed you were following it closer and would have been aware of that. All of those things were mentioned as they came out in this topic.

TheBlueTurtle1
08-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Is anyone actually going to buy this? I cancelled my pre order a long time ago, with no plans to re order.

oldmanwinters
08-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Capcom is probably the worst, most backwards video game company there is.

They do tend to offer big sales on Steam though. That's when I like to buy up all my Capcom software, but never pay full price for a launch title!

GoldMutant
08-19-2017, 08:15 AM
My mistake then. I assumed you were following it closer and would have been aware of that. All of those things were mentioned as they came out in this topic.

I know it's been a while, but no problem, man. Definitely acted like an idiot before.

A new trailer was released for story mode the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=UEmhvPoWHWY

DestronMirage22
08-25-2017, 10:13 AM
I just saw what the final launch roster's gonna be and man, I'm shocked at how pathetic it is.

Now, I didn't really expect my girl Hsien Ko or my liege Shuma to be playable characters (even though I would've LOVED for them to be) but their picks were really bad. I understand there's some characters they had to choose, but they skipped out on so many important ones. I mean, no Felicia? No freaking AKUMA??? WTF?!?! That 30 character roster is really pitiful. On the Marvel side the only characters that are available are ones owned by them and not some other company (or put simply: only MCU characters). So no X-Men. Characters that have been in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES SINCE THE 1ST ONE (which was friggin' X-Men: Children Of The Atom!!!). Capcom's side is decent, although it too could stand to have a bunch of more characters. This whole thing would be a bit better if there was a big list of confirmed DLC characters (which would suck because DLC, but at least then there'd be more characters), but NO. We only know 6 characters will be DLC. Only 6!! My god, they made some bad decisions with this game.

The only positive things I've seen so far are: the gameplay, the Infinity Gems, the new characters, and the way they've handled online-play. But all that's for naught if the roster's as bad as it is.

All in all, this game's got too much going against it than for it.

GoldMutant
08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Now, I didn't really expect my girl Hsien Ko or my liege Shuma to be playable characters (even though I would've LOVED for them to be) but their picks were really bad. I understand there's some characters they had to choose, but they skipped out on so many important ones. I mean, no Felicia? No freaking AKUMA??? WTF?!?! That 30 character roster is really pitiful. On the Marvel side the only characters that are available are ones owned by them and not some other company (or put simply: only MCU characters). So no X-Men. Characters that have been in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GAMES SINCE THE 1ST ONE (which was friggin' X-Men: Children Of The Atom!!!). Capcom's side is decent, although it too could stand to have a bunch of more characters. This whole thing would be a bit better if there was a big list of confirmed DLC characters (which would suck because DLC, but at least then there'd be more characters), but NO. We only know 6 characters will be DLC. Only 6!! My god, they made some bad decisions with this game.

I kinda wished the leak from December was the one they went for.

Seriously, there are only 7 newcomers this time around (5 if you ignore Sigma and Black Panther as DLC). It's largely underwhelming; the only newcomer I've seen that I'm actually interested in is Jedah.

I know I'm not getting the game for a long while until I make money for the new consoles. However, I still wished there was a little more to it.

On the bright side for me, the trailers have Iron-Man's EMH voice actor, Eric Loomis and I think Brian Bloom, Captain America's EMH voice.

Ninjinister
08-27-2017, 12:55 AM
Yeah they just crapped the bed with the roster

On the bright side for me, the trailers have Iron-Man's EMH voice actor, Eric Loomis and I think Brian Bloom, Captain America's EMH voice.

Ehhh... Loomis is about on par with Pasdar and much better than Wingert, but Smith is by far better than Bloom as Cap. Plus Smith's already in the game so I have no idea why they went with Bloom.

GoldMutant
08-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Ehhh... Loomis is about on par with Pasdar and much better than Wingert, but Smith is by far better than Bloom as Cap. Plus Smith's already in the game so I have no idea why they went with Bloom.

Personally, I'm not a fan of most Iron-Man voice actors. Besides Loomis, the only one I fully enjoy was Robert Hays. The rest to me just sound a bit too gruff or I'm not overly familiar with, these two I am though.

I do like Bloom as Cap, but I did listen a little to Roger's take. He's really good in the role. Not sure why they didn't use him. :ohwell:

Autbot_Benz
09-18-2017, 02:54 PM
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/09/17/capcom-confirms-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-dlc-characters-for-201/#5

DLC Announced

Black Widow

Winter Soldier

Venom

Monster Hunter

Coola Yagami
09-19-2017, 04:33 PM
200 bucks gets you the game, 4 statues and replicas of the Infinity Stones that look like colored Easter eggs.

blindturtle02
09-25-2017, 01:13 PM
I hope Ultron Sigma is eventually playable in some capacity and that there's an Ultron Omega mode similar to Galactus mode in UMVC3. I can't help it. I like the big bads. Might wait a while before buying this one. As others have said, that roster, yeesh.

Autbot_Benz
10-04-2017, 03:26 PM
DnDJvB5GuFE

Andrew NDB
11-07-2017, 12:37 AM
Sounds like MvC: Infinite is falling about 55% below Capcom's expectations.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatform/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-doesnt-live-up-to-the-publishers-sales-expectations-a7701?utm=Comic%20Book%20Movie&utm_campaign=HPHeadline&utm_medium=referral

Coola Yagami
11-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Sounds like MvC: Infinite is falling about 55% below Capcom's expectations.

https://gamefragger.com/multiplatform/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-doesnt-live-up-to-the-publishers-sales-expectations-a7701?utm=Comic%20Book%20Movie&utm_campaign=HPHeadline&utm_medium=referral

Sounds about right. They really dropped the ball with Marvel vs Capcom 3.5

Andrew NDB
11-07-2017, 05:38 PM
I guess people didn't forget about the X-Men after all.

Coola Yagami
11-11-2017, 11:30 AM
I guess people didn't forget about the X-Men after all.

I like how they said in some interview people won't know who the X-Men were when audiences were still basking in the Logan movie afterglow and awaiting news for Deadpool 2. Like, it would have made more sense if a few years have gone by WITHOUT and X-Men movie.

I do hope they do Wave 2 and 3 DLC like with Street Fighter 5 though. They can still redeem themselves with more characters.