PDA

View Full Version : Where is Shinigami?

picassotheninjaturtle
11-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Seriously, where was she after the Super Shredder attacked? Where was she when April and Karai were fighting him out on the street? A mystic witch would have been useful but nope the writers had to nerf her. Good job everyone!

ToTheNines
11-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Shredder told Karai that he'd murder Shini if she resisted. I think she took the hint and was keeping her distance.

victory_angel
11-26-2016, 06:25 PM
Also they may not have had the budget to include Shinigami. Gwendolyn Yeo had posted what episodes she would be voicing for on twitter weeks ago. The next episodes we would see Shini are Requiem and Owari.

Powder
11-26-2016, 07:39 PM
She's wherever she was before she came into the picture. Y'all need to stop acting like the writers are incompetent just because they don't acknowledge something constantly. :trolleye:

CyberCubed
11-26-2016, 07:42 PM
We literally just saw her 2 episodes ago when Super Shredder knocked her to the ground. TWO EPISODES AGO.

I swear some of you really do have "collective amnesia" when it comes to this show. Alzheimer's starting early?

FredWolfLeonardo
11-26-2016, 08:04 PM
Do not forget the golden rule of thy show:

Shinigami and Casey Jones shall not appear in the same episode, side by side.

Vicky82
11-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Gwendoline Yeo is probably only contracted for a few episodes.

Shinigami will be in episodes Requiem and Owari.

PApagreg
11-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Shredder told Karai that he'd murder Shini if she resisted. I think she took the hint and was keeping her distance.

Well she resisted so there is no point in keeping Shini at a distance, I mean if Shredder wanted Shini dead he would do everything in his power to do it. Its not really that different from Shredder threatening the turtles

neatoman
11-28-2016, 12:11 PM
When you're done playing with your toys, you put them back in the toybox so you can take out some new toys to play with. That's the same reason we don't see much of the majority of characters introduced.

CyberCubed
11-28-2016, 12:41 PM
When you're done playing with your toys, you put them back in the toybox so you can take out some new toys to play with. That's the same reason we don't see much of the majority of characters introduced.

What on earth are you even talking about? Does Shinigami even have a toy? I'm not sure.

Regardless, she just appeared two episodes ago and Vicky82 already said her VA confirmed she's in another 2 eps this season. What is wrong with some of you?

neatoman
11-28-2016, 01:13 PM
What on earth are you even talking about? Does Shinigami even have a toy? I'm not sure.

Regardless, she just appeared two episodes ago and Vicky82 already said her VA confirmed she's in another 2 eps this season. What is wrong with some of you?

It's a joke, but you brought up something important, does she have a toy?

ABrown
11-28-2016, 01:59 PM

It's a joke, but you brought up something important, does she have a toy?

She does not, at least not yet. If they put one out, I'll buy one. It would make my first toy from this series.

THGhost
12-01-2016, 09:00 AM
We literally just saw her 2 episodes ago when Super Shredder knocked her to the ground. TWO EPISODES AGO.

I swear some of you really do have "collective amnesia" when it comes to this show. Alzheimer's starting early?

But don't you realise, Cubed? That was TWO EPISODES AGO. These people lose their minds if they don't see a certain character for TWO WHOLE EPISODES.

Coola Yagami
12-02-2016, 07:28 AM
But don't you realise, Cubed? That was TWO EPISODES AGO. These people lose their minds if they don't see a certain character for TWO WHOLE EPISODES.

The main reason I assume is because Shinigami has been established as karai's second in command or something. I didn't see the 2 episodes, did it look like karai was leading the foot alone? That would seem odd, it would be like Raph just missing from 2 episodes without explanation or slash missing from the mutanimals for no reason.

Shredder gets some leeway due to having so many henchmen. I don't think we need to see tiger claw, Chris, xever, bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter in every episode, but when the gang is just karai and Shinigami and a bunch of nameless mooks, then yeah, she should get there or at least explained she's on another anti-shredder mission or something.

Plus I'm kinda tired of people being signed on for an ep or 2 or them not being able to afford a certain number of actors per episode. It limits the episodes and what the writers can do and wasn't a problem before in other shows. Oh. We can't have this person here cause they couldn't afford his/her voice actor for that episode. If Baxter only had 2 lines in that one episode he could have easily have done so for free. I mean it's clear he'll be featured in more episodes more prominently and he'll be getting paid for those.

victory_angel
12-02-2016, 08:41 AM
The main reason I assume is because Shinigami has been established as karai's second in command or something. I didn't see the 2 episodes, did it look like karai was leading the foot alone? That would seem odd, it would be like Raph just missing from 2 episodes without explanation or slash missing from the mutanimals for no reason.

Shredder gets some leeway due to having so many henchmen. I don't think we need to see tiger claw, Chris, xever, bebop, Rocksteady and Baxter in every episode, but when the gang is just karai and Shinigami and a bunch of nameless mooks, then yeah, she should get there or at least explained she's on another anti-shredder mission or something.

Plus I'm kinda tired of people being signed on for an ep or 2 or them not being able to afford a certain number of actors per episode. It limits the episodes and what the writers can do and wasn't a problem before in other shows. Oh. We can't have this person here cause they couldn't afford his/her voice actor for that episode. If Baxter only had 2 lines in that one episode he could have easily have done so for free. I mean it's clear he'll be featured in more episodes more prominently and he'll be getting paid for those.

The last episode Shinigami appeared in was Super Shredder. Shini is knocked unconscious attempting to attack the Shredder. Shredder himself overpowers Karai and tells her he would leave her friend alive as a gesture of fatherly love. But if she (Karai) fights back in any way, Shini would be hunted down and killed.

Darkest Plight was a continuation of Supershredder, the Turtles break into three tier groups to find and retrieve Splinter. Donnie and Mikey go down into the void to retrieve their sensei.

Since the climb down would leaves Donnie and Mikey vulnerable. Raph and Casey stand guard to make sure the Foot Clan don't attack the brothers who are going after Splinter.

Karai, April, and Leo stand as a front line to stop the Foot Clan from getting Splinter.

Power inside her, Karai isn't shown nor does she have involvement. Perhaps if the episode had been longer, the Turtles could have had a moment where they regrouped at the lair, informed Splinter about the supposed death that occured. And then got Karai and Shini's assistance in taking down April.