PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this series will allow Karai X Leo to become canon?

Leofan26
11-27-2016, 01:39 AM
Look I don't know where to talk about pairings on these forums, normally in Anime forums they have a topic for this so these types of questions don't pop all the time. So we don't have one um, in the 2003 series we all know what happened with the pairing :roll:

In season four last episode the broken Foot episode, we still saw they had attraction towards each other.

What do you guy's think?

CyberCubed
11-27-2016, 02:04 AM
No. No. No.

victory_angel
11-27-2016, 02:18 AM
I think it was not so much that they were attracted to eachother but more they had the same goal which was "The Shredder needs to be taken down for good and all."

As a Kunoichi, Karai does have the ability to saduce or charm men to doing what she wants. And this is something Karai has done with Leo on a number of occasions. In Broken Foot, there is one moment where Karai does attempt to use her sex appeal to get Leo to agree with her, and Leo just says "You can't charm me, this time."

FredWolfLeonardo
11-27-2016, 02:35 AM
I hope not, not only is Karai human and Leo a giant mutated turtle, but they are adopted siblings and even share DNA through Splinter.

Splinter the boss
11-27-2016, 05:33 AM
Nope, Leo is a mutant and Karai is human. Even if they were to get together, How would they be fruitful?
Personally I think Leo and Donnie are crazy(not actually crazy). I say to myself: "maybe they don't look at themselves in the mirror and see the extreme difference between them and the girls"

Dust
11-27-2016, 05:42 AM
Have people forgotten that Karai IS a mutant, not a human?
Anyway, I'd say no. They're both Splinter's children and even though they're not biologically related, it'd still be weird. And I don't think snake/human and turtle DNA would mix anyway. Not to mention I don't really care for shipping and relationships stuff in TMNT.

Coola Yagami
11-27-2016, 10:22 AM
It would be particularly weird at this point since even mikey calls her sis.

DisKosh
11-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Nope, Leo is a mutant and Karai is human. Even if they were to get together, How would they be fruitful?
Personally I think Leo and Donnie are crazy(not actually crazy). I say to myself: "maybe they don't look at themselves in the mirror and see the extreme difference between them and the girls"

I don't think they could reproduce but that still doesn't mean they can't be a couple.

Although I don't think the human/mutant thing is an issue. A couple don't have to be the same species in fantasy and sci-fi.
The most official couple in Babylon 5 Sheridan and Delenn were an interspecies couple with Sheridan being Human and Delenn was Minbari.

Although the fact they're adopted siblings and share some of the same DNA makes it a no go shipping for me.

Autbot_Benz
11-27-2016, 11:24 AM
no no more fuel for those annoying Tumblr shippers

FredWolfLeonardo
11-27-2016, 11:55 AM
Biologically, Karai would share 50% of her fathers DNA and Leonardo has 50% of Splinters DNA, being half human and half turtle. This would make them about 25% related, which is about on the same level as Double First Cousins, Uncles/Aunts, Grandparents and Half siblings. However, Karai also would also go through a second mutation that would make her half snake and half human, so this cuts her biological relationship with Leo in half, being approximately 12.5%, which is on the same level as first cousins. Now it wouldn't be too much of an issue if Leo and Karai were first cousins who were both humans, as those type of marriages are accepted and legal throughout the vast majority of the world, but they're not even of the same species, so I dont think their relationship should be canon, regardless of how closely related they are. And this is not even taking into account that they're both adopted siblings, which makes it even less desirable.

snake
11-27-2016, 12:15 PM
That's like, incest, man.

ssjup81
11-27-2016, 01:21 PM
As much as I love Leo and Karai's interactions (a bit playful) and their friendship, I'm not really into it shipping wise, if that makes sense. I honestly couldn't see the show going in that direction, but if they do, so be it.That's like, incest, man.
Don't see how. They aren't biologically related.

Tarris Vaal
11-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Wow this is opening a can of worms.

But some points to consider at least -

*overthinking hat on*

1: Karai is genetically not that much divergent from where she started in Season 1.

- Her mutation is defined by her ability to shift forms between 2 genetically locked types, as well as gradients in between them. The only way that could work genetically is to have 2 parallel sets of interlinked DNA, with the ability to force specific genomes into dormancy or awaken them from dormancy as she shifts from one form to another.
The fact that she still has the same appearance when in human form is proof of this as any major shift in genetics would forcibly alter her appearance - even when human. Therefore, she hasn't had her genetic relationship to her father reduced in any meaningful way.

ie; a relationship with a true born son of Hamato Yoshi would be genetically incestuous

2: From a societal perspective, the turtles have already accepted her as a sister.

- Can't really argue with this one. She considers herself a daughter of Splinter. Splinter knows she is his daughter. Most, if not all the turtles, have plainly considered her as a sister. From the point of view of 'society' she is Leo's sister.

ie; a relationship would be considered socially incestuous

3: Leo's genetics are actually more of a question mark than Karai's are.

- We only assume Leo and the other turtles are genetically related to Yoshi. But visible genetic traits actually point away from that possibility - notably eye colour. Yoshi is almost certainly pure breed Japanese, and the chances of any genetic descendant having blue eyes (let alone green) is almost pathetically tiny. Plus, most first time owners of reptiles from pet shops are unlikely to have handled the animals directly before returning home - rather the pet shop clerk would while explaining how to care for them. Its much more likely that Leo and his brothers are genetically descended from European ethnic stock coming from the store clerks.

Ie; a relationship between Leo and Karai would probably not be genetically incestuous - mostly because Leo probably isn't a genetic relation.

*over thinking hat off*

So basically.... *shrug*

Its the equivalent of the adopted son marrying the trueborn daughter. Not technically wrong on a genetic level, but hardly approved by society at large.

But for that reason - at least in this version of the series - It will almost certainly never happen. Its too close for comfort for a show aimed at kids (even taking recent episodes into account).

And I appreciate the sentiment that those who do support the 'ships' have that there isnt really somewhere to discuss it without being torpedoed for doing so.

Maybe we should call anti shippers 'Nemo's? Going around trying to sink the shippers? That way you could call any thread which is just plainly asking for trouble from them a 'Finding Nemo' thread :)

I'll shut up now....

IndigoErth
11-27-2016, 03:37 PM
I've never noticed her have an attraction toward him... She knows he has had a thing for her and obviously will very gladly toy with him, but I can't say I've ever seen it even hinted at being mutual.

I don't even see it in 2003. I see him caring as he seems to see her as a potentially good person trapped in a bad situation and bad decisions, but that is all.

2012 seems to be the first to actually suggest he's got a crush. (Although Lotus kinda started this. lol) Will it go beyond 2012, well I guess that is up to their future writers.

Although 2012 Leo seems to have backed off on his interest a bit, after the whole "sister" and snake thing came about. Was also kind of annoyed at her for a bit semi-recently (around the time Karai's friend showed up?). At least at that time it seemed like the honeymoon was over, or so I thought to myself when he gave her some attitude. lol

AlessandraDC
11-27-2016, 04:59 PM
I actually do ship them, but will they become canon in this verse? I doubt it only because it's a very controversial relationship as you can see from this very discussion. I don't think they are biologically related in any way and they were not raised together. I also don't see the human/mutant thing as a problem. It's sci-fi. It's pretty common. In order to make it work, Karai would have to distance herself from Leo and Splinter first. We shall see I guess.

Technogeek29
11-27-2016, 05:47 PM
It's not even canon in the first series it popped up in. Karai goes off to date Dr. Chaplin. Nick is so far the only other version that uses it most have them at odds with each other.

Jephael
11-27-2016, 07:29 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/32/32df0a9adbc35d632a15a74466c651d65921dccadaca6e1663 fd6e840573fcfa.jpg

This is my one and only contribution to the thread!!! :tlol:

Coola Yagami
11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
The incest is the problem with Leo and Karai, but I don't mind Don and April too much. If Casey wasn't introduced til season 2 and wasn't such a tool I might have rooted for him but it was too little too late, plus he kinda came in as 'the other guy' at a moment that Don and April had a falling out. The thing is, all you guys think about is kids and marriage. When you're 16 you don't think about marrying your first girlfriend and giving her tons of kids. I mean, maybe but that girl is your first of many. I say let Don and April have their way, they may not end up together in the long run.

Shark_Blade
11-27-2016, 09:30 PM
It's already canon.

They already banged imo.

DestronMirage22
11-27-2016, 09:52 PM
No.

It's already canon.

They already banged imo.

http://www.golfian.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Wtf-Meme-I-Cant-Even-Wtf-Right-Now-Photo.jpg

ssjup81
11-27-2016, 10:01 PM
How is it incest? They don’t have the same mother and father biologically. I wish someone would explain logically how it's incest. I kinda doubt Splinter was the main reason for the way the turtles mutated anyway. Think about it. Maybe the last one to handle the turtles before their mutation was whoever Yoshi bought the turtles from. The pet shop owner. Yoshi probably did touch them before he bought them, but the pet shop owner was probably the one to put them in the bowl for Yoshi to buy them.

I kind of agree with the fact that none the turtles have any Asian or Japanese features…especially the eye color thing. Outside of anime and manga, you don’t see people walking around with blue and green eyes here, unless they’re wearing contacts to enhance their eyes or if the person is mixed, and even that’s a rarity since blue and green are overpowered by the other genes that determines eye and hair colors like black and brown.

That aside, it’s like two people standing next to one another at say a firing range or something. One of them fires a gun. The gunshot residue is present on both parties when inspected, even though one of the two didn’t fire, touch, or handle the gun in question. Does that mean that both are the shooters? That’s pretty much how I see Yoshi and the Turtles’ situation (if he did indeed touch them prior to their mutation). Brushed up against them or whatever.

Ah, let me play devil's advocate for a bit here. Let's go with the whole "they're related" thing. Does this mean that if that rat that Splinter touched has some baby rats, that those rats will be Splinter's siblings? :P

AlessandraDC
11-27-2016, 10:25 PM
I don't think it's incest - there is no shared DNA and they weren't even raised together. But the fact that some people in the fandom think it is, makes them too controversial to be canon.

DestronMirage22
11-27-2016, 10:37 PM
They obviously aren't biologically related, but it would still be incest in the sense that they ARE family in a way; step-brother/sister/whatever. It'd be like banging your moms daughter she had with another guy who isn't your dad, or with a step-sister who isn't related to you by blood: just wrong.

(Also, for the record, typeing this all out and thinking about all this is really uncomfortable :sweatdro:)

snake
11-27-2016, 10:55 PM
It's just f*cking weird. Just because they aren't biologically related doesn't make it any less weird. That's like saying I'm gonna go hook up with my cousin that was adopted and it's okay because we aren't blood related.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-27-2016, 11:01 PM
It's just f*cking weird. Just because they aren't biologically related doesn't make it any less weird. That's like saying I'm gonna go hook up with my cousin that was adopted and it's okay because we aren't blood related.

Believe It or not, cousin marriage (blood related) is actually pretty common in the world. Infact, it has been estimated that 1 in every 10 marriages is in between first cousins. Even more surprising, it has been estimated that 80% of marriages throughout history have been between second cousins and closer. Weird right?

ssjup81
11-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Hey, I’m not even into the whole Leo x Karai thing as an actual romantic pairing. Same with Donnie x April. I’m indifferent to both and don’t care one way or the other if either becomes canon, but I love the friendship between Leo and Karai and the friendship between Donnie and April. Leo’s crush on Karai is genuinely cute to me…

Raph: She threw a knife at your head.
Leo: She threw a knife by my head.
Raph: -_-

:lol:
My problem is that I just find the claim that it’s “incest” a very faulty argument against the pairing for those who do ship it. They weren't raised as siblings. If they had been, then it would probably be weird.

A “weird” relationship implication to me is Neji and Hinata from the Naruto series. Neji seemed to have a crush on Hinata. Hinata was his first cousin and to make it even stranger, their fathers were twins. That makes them even more genetically close. So yeah, that is weird to me as far as the incest angle is concerned. Of course it didn’t happen and of course it was never openly admitted by him, but it was still a bit weird...and it is legal to marry a first cousin here...so maybe that's why they had that in there...who knows...

KrN
11-28-2016, 07:22 AM
Jfc, I thought most of this "it's incest" crap was on tumblr. Time to get educated!

To start off, I'm going to say this off the bat: no one has to be biologically related to be considered family, I understand that better than anyone.

They are not biological siblings, nor are they foster/half/adopted siblings. I don’t see any paperwork, bloodline or anything at all to prove they are siblings. All that aside, they don’t view each other that way because they didn’t grow up with each other.

They don't consider each other siblings, this is backed up multiple times at various points during the show and I have seen the argument 'Well, Mikey calls her sister so!!1!' and by that logic, Apritello might as well be incest since the turtles and Splinter consistently say she's family.

For example: Mikey considers Karai his sister as he has made clear many times. 3x11 - Serpent Hunt. They corner Karai in the warehouse, Mikey attempts to reach out to her - “It’s me, Mikey, your brother.”

Two seconds later. Leo jumps down from above, exclaiming: “Karai, remember us. We’re your friends.” Note the way he put an extra emphasis on ‘friends’. They're both careful not to call Splinter 'Father' around each other, as well. 'Cause yes, it's a can of worms that will have to be addressed at some point between them, on-screen or off but is it incest? No.

Even if he's adopted a lot of important families in Japan will adopt a man their daughter is marrying simply so the inheritance stays with their family name. It’s called yōshi-engumi. Sometimes gay couples in Japan will even use adoption to share wealth and property, because same-sex marriage is illegal there–the older partner will formally adopt the younger one, paperwork and all.

All of the technical stuff aside, let me ask you a question: does Leo pining after Karai in 3x19 sound like incest to you? Or Ciro mentioning the crush himself at a panel? Does Leo acknowledging that mutants like Karai are attractive in [I]this very season sound like incest to y o u? Would Ciro, Brandon and Nickelodeon be promoting this relationship if they were going to tie the turtles and Karai together as biological-siblings? No. I don’t believe they would.

EDIT: To address the actual point of this thread - I do think they'll end up canon. Seth Green PM'd a girl on instagram claiming there would be a kiss in the near future, which y'know, take with a grain of salt because it's instagram but she's a friend of mine so I have reason to believe she isn't lying.

If they don't end canon, I'll be fine with it [I say as an actual shipper of the two]. I'm more concerned about Karai's actual survival on this show tbh. Or she could end up with Shinigami~ Which I am 100% down with.

AlessandraDC
11-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Jfc, I thought most of this "it's incest" crap was on tumblr. Time to get educated!

To start off, I'm going to say this off the bat: no one has to be biologically related to be considered family, I understand that better than anyone.

They are not biological siblings, nor are they foster/half/adopted siblings. I don’t see any paperwork, bloodline or anything at all to prove they are siblings. All that aside, they don’t view each other that way because they didn’t grow up with each other.

They don't consider each other siblings, this is backed up multiple times at various points during the show and I have seen the argument 'Well, Mikey calls her sister so!!1!' and by that logic, Apritello might as well be incest since the turtles and Splinter consistently say she's family.

For example: Mikey considers Karai his sister as he has made clear many times. 3x11 - Serpent Hunt. They corner Karai in the warehouse, Mikey attempts to reach out to her - “It’s me, Mikey, your brother.”

Two seconds later. Leo jumps down from above, exclaiming: “Karai, remember us. We’re your friends.” Note the way he put an extra emphasis on ‘friends’. They're both careful not to call Splinter 'Father' around each other, as well. 'Cause yes, it's a can of worms that will have to be addressed at some point between them, on-screen or off but is it incest? No.

Even if he's adopted a lot of important families in Japan will adopt a man their daughter is marrying simply so the inheritance stays with their family name. It’s called yōshi-engumi. Sometimes gay couples in Japan will even use adoption to share wealth and property, because same-sex marriage is illegal there–the older partner will formally adopt the younger one, paperwork and all.

All of the technical stuff aside, let me ask you a question: does Leo pining after Karai in 3x19 sound like incest to you? Or Ciro mentioning the crush himself at a panel? Does Leo acknowledging that mutants like Karai are attractive in [I]this very season sound like incest to y o u? Would Ciro, Brandon and Nickelodeon be promoting this relationship if they were going to tie the turtles and Karai together as biological-siblings? No. I don’t believe they would.

EDIT: To address the actual point of this thread - I do think they'll end up canon. Seth Green PM'd a girl on instagram claiming there would be a kiss in the near future, which y'know, take with a grain of salt because it's instagram but she's a friend of mine so I have reason to believe she isn't lying.

If they don't end canon, I'll be fine with it [I say as an actual shipper of the two]. I'm more concerned about Karai's actual survival on this show tbh. Or she could end up with Shinigami~ Which I am 100% down with.

I personally really like what this verse has done with both Leo and Karai. They were one of the reasons that I started watching the new show.

Metalwolf
11-28-2016, 11:21 AM
I kind of agree with the fact that none the turtles have any Asian or Japanese features…especially the eye color thing. Outside of anime and manga, you don’t see people walking around with blue and green eyes here, unless they’re wearing contacts to enhance their eyes or if the person is mixed, and even that’s a rarity since blue and green are overpowered by the other genes that determines eye and hair colors like black and brown.I agree, they are probably more 'related' to the shopkeep :P

Ah, let me play devil's advocate for a bit here. Let's go with the whole "they're related" thing. Does this mean that if that rat that Splinter touched has some baby rats, that those rats will be Splinter's siblings? :PI think that is a good question, honestly. Does the mutation turn that person into a basic rat, turtle, etc, the mutagen using the other creature's DNA for a template of whatever alterations make up 'ratness' or 'turtleness' but the person's DNA is still their own? (That is, the person gets their own genes altered removing 'humanity,' but they are still that person, even down to retaining genetic issues from their family like for brittle nails, or inheriting from dad his roman nose. Only now it's brittle claws or a roman rat's nose, or whatever it would look like in a turtle.)

Or is the person getting a literal relatedness from his mutation, with mutagen splicing in whole chunks from that other creature's DNA and erasing parts of his own genetic heritage?

If Splinter is the first type, he is merely a Japanese human that had his genetics altered, keeping everything that 'makes' him Yoshi, but now simply in a rat form. If he is the second form, he had DNA spliced in and all, then he wouldl have little brothers and sisters running around when that proverbial rat had babies. :P

With the first quote, the Turtles probably already have traits buried in their 'turtleness' to make unusual eyes. They could easily have been bred to have unusual eye color (like how some people breed 'fun traits' found in animals like goldfish with double tails or pythons that are albinos) and Yoshi might have picked four turtles with different eyes so he could tell them apart. Green and yellow are normal Turtle colors, so is brown, but blue might be the 'fun' color.

neatoman
11-28-2016, 12:24 PM
lQDvsf5lAp0

That might be a joke, and Leo/Karai might not technically be incest, but it's weird. Like, really weird.

ssjup81
11-28-2016, 01:52 PM
I personally really like what this verse has done with both Leo and Karai. They were one of the reasons that I started watching the new show.In Shibuya, same-sex couples can marry.

That aside, as I was saying, they weren't raised as siblings, hence why Leo's crush is probably still allowed to be a thing in the show.

I still don't get why people are weirded out by it, and not the fact that she's basically human and he's a giant turtle. :-P

I see if this was the Brady Bunch. Those kids, albeit step siblings, were raised as siblings from a young age. It would probably feel weird there because they were raised as brothers and sisters and only see each other in that way. Can't say that for Leo and Karai.

Powder
11-28-2016, 01:59 PM
People will really go to great lengths to defend inter-species incest! :tlol:

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
11-28-2016, 02:11 PM
People will really go to great lengths to defend inter-species incest! :tlol:

Apparently, love will find a way. :trazz:

AlessandraDC
11-28-2016, 02:20 PM
As far as the turtle/human thing... like I said before it's sci-fi/fantasy. It's not that strange to see a human with an alien or some other being. Look at Beauty and the Beast... And I think it goes along with some of the core ideas of tmnt, like acceptance.

ssjup81
11-28-2016, 02:22 PM
People will really go to great lengths to defend inter-species incest! :tlol:But it isn't incest...

You know, I find this thread highly entertaining. ^_^

victory_angel
11-28-2016, 02:52 PM
In Shibuya, same-sex couples can marry.

That aside, as I was saying, they weren't raised as siblings, hence why Leo's crush is probably still allowed to be a thing in the show.

I still don't get why people are weirded out by it, and not the fact that she's basically human and he's a giant turtle. :-P

I see if this was the Brady Bunch. Those kids, albeit step siblings, were raised as siblings from a young age. It would probably feel weird there because they were raised as brothers and sisters and only see each other in that way. Can't say that for Leo and Karai.

I think it's more the fact that even though they aren't really siblings. Splinter does see himself as the Turtles father. Currently, all the Turtles refer to Splinter as their sensei and occasionally father, and both Leo and Raph have only used that term a few times.

All the Turtles know Splinter as the only father figure they have known. So he is a father to them.

Even in the 2k3 as the series started to come it's closing seasons, Splinter gradually became referred to as Sensei less and more often they called him Father.

Karai is Splinter's true-born daughter. And by that extent does make her a sister to them in that they do share the same father figure.

Leo's attraction to Karai wasn't really because he was in love with her. But more that he could sense something familial about her and mistook it for attraction.

And even if Karai wasn't Splinter's daughter, they still could never be. Because as a kunoichi she would be trained to use her gender to charm, seduce, and manipulate men into doing what she wanted.
By that regard, he could never truly trust her as a love interest because he could never tell if she was genuine or if she was just using him.

So when Leo tells Karai she can't charm him anymore, that's when he was letting her know he no longer was attracted to her.

AlessandraDC
11-28-2016, 03:14 PM
I think it's more the fact that even though they aren't really siblings. Splinter does see himself as the Turtles father. Currently, all the Turtles refer to Splinter as their sensei and occasionally father, and both Leo and Raph have only used that term a few times.

All the Turtles know Splinter as the only father figure they have known. So he is a father to them.

Even in the 2k3 as the series started to come it's closing seasons, Splinter gradually became referred to as Sensei less and more often they called him Father.

Karai is Splinter's true-born daughter. And by that extent does make her a sister to them in that they do share the same father figure.

Leo's attraction to Karai wasn't really because he was in love with her. But more that he could sense something familial about her and mistook it for attraction.

And even if Karai wasn't Splinter's daughter, they still could never be. Because as a kunoichi she would be trained to use her gender to charm, seduce, and manipulate men into doing what she wanted.
By that regard, he could never truly trust her as a love interest because he could never tell if she was genuine or if she was just using him.

So when Leo tells Karai she can't charm him anymore, that's when he was letting her know he no longer was attracted to her.

The question of trust is a whole different issue. I definitely think Karai uses Leo's attraction toward her against him. And in Broken Foot he finally does sort of stand up to her in that regard by putting a stop to her manipulative efforts. But I still think they genuinely care for each other too. Considering that Karai was raised by Saki, we don't know if she knows how to love and be loved honestly. Hopefully we'll see more in the next season.

ssjup81
11-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Man, I am seriously getting into this thread here. It’s fun debating this for some reason and I guess it’s due to the point that it’s not like a complex theory or whatever. *cracks knuckles* Here we go. I think it's more the fact that even though they aren't really siblings. Splinter does see himself as the Turtles father. Currently, all the Turtles refer to Splinter as their sensei and occasionally father, and both Leo and Raph have only used that term a few times.Father or sensei? If referring to the former, I never really thought about it. Mikey’s never referred to Splinter as father? That’s totally surprising given the way Mikey is.All the Turtles know Splinter as the only father figure they have known. So he is a father to them.Yeah, pretty much.Even in the 2k3 as the series started to come it's closing seasons, Splinter gradually became referred to as Sensei less and more often they called him Father.That actually sounds pretty nice. I haven’t noticed it much for this series. Maybe it’s about even, the whole, “father” and “sensei” thing. Donnie, I’ve noticed, thinking about it, seems to call him Splinter and sensei a lot and I don’t recall him ever referring to him as “father”. I don’t recall Raph saying “father” much either. Leo, yeah. Karai is Splinter's true-born daughter. And by that extent does make her a sister to them in that they do share the same father figure.Yes and no, technically. Even though Yoshi is her biological father…Saki was still more of a father figure to her. He raised and took care of her…in his own deluded mentally unstable way. Not saying it’s right or anything, just saying that Saki was the father figure to Karai like Splinter was to the turtles. The two still weren’t raised together, though so they don’t view one another as siblings. Only Mikey seems to, getting down to it, but he also does the same with April..

Hey, how about a twist. What if Karai really is Shredder’s biological daughter? The episode that showed Teng Shen and stuff was a bit frustrating for me because of her. Saki was still pursuing her even after she’d settled down with Yoshi…presumably. I mean, why bother anymore if the woman is with another guy and have a kid together? What if she was with Saki first, broke up, and then started up with Yoshi. That’s how that episode seemed to come across to me.Leo's attraction to Karai wasn't really because he was in love with her. But more that he could sense something familial about her and mistook it for attraction.We have to agree to disagree on that one. I felt he genuinely liked her and was attracted to her because she was mysterious, initially, and stuff.And even if Karai wasn't Splinter's daughter, they still could never be. Because as a kunoichi she would be trained to use her gender to charm, seduce, and manipulate men into doing what she wanted.She’s also human and shows emotion. She does genuinely view Leo as a friend and an ally to me. She’s a bit stubborn in the sense that she seems to like to run off on her own, but I blame how she was raised for that, though. The whole revenge thing.

Anywho, that’s an extremely old style and was used during Feudal Japan and started to faze out during the Meiji era. That would’ve been the 1860ss to the early 1900s (if I remember that correctly…in my spare time, I’ve been looking into Japanese eras and noteworthy things from those eras lately since my schools are kind of old and it kind of fascinates me). During the Meiji era, Japan got the restoration and Japan was starting to drop the whole Feudalism stuff. Ninja and samurai were starting to become pointless and obsolete by this point. This is the point of Japan modernizing, especially since Emperor Meiji was really into that kind of stuff and pretty much opened up Japan to “outsiders”. With the collapse of that old feudal system, samurai and ninja just joined Japan’s police force or the newly modernized military.

Technically, ninja don’t exist in modern-day Japan. That’s why the legacy of ninja and samurai, are romanticized and exaggerated so much now…especially ninja given how little we truly know about them aside from the basics and of the stuff dealing with the Iga and Koga clans.

So anyway, I kind of don’t think that she would’ve been trained for something like that…not in New York anyway, unless he had her infiltrating crime lords’ hideouts or something.Sorry, this was pretty long and was seriously derailing, so I decided to put it under a spoiler tag.By that regard, he could never truly trust her as a love interest because he could never tell if she was genuine or if she was just using him.In my opinion, Karai used her charms with Leo not because she’s a ninja, but because she could see that Leo liked her. :-P You don’t need to be a ninja to charm a guy who likes you in such a way. So when Leo tells Karai she can't charm him anymore, that's when he was letting her know he no longer was attracted to her.Hey, didn’t he say that her charms wouldn’t work on him “this time”? Hm, that means that any other time will definitely be okay. :lol: Okay, joking aside, I just viewed as, “I’m going to start thinking logically as opposed to thinking with my heart and feelings towards her” on Leo’s part. To me, it’s like Donnie with April. Compared to the earlier episodes, Donnie was kind of goofy over his liking of April. He would drop everything and run if April was involved, but as the show has gone on, he’s calmed down considerably. He thinks logically when around her if in a battle or whatever…not in a love-struck way.

Leo is more subtle, but the way I view Donnie when around April now, was how I interpreted Leo rejecting Karai for that situation. He was thinking ahead (like a leader) and logically. Not sure if it can be interpreted in your way, but it could be the writer’s subtle way of saying that Leo is over his crush. Who knows, but for me, I think he does still like her.

snake
11-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Believe It or not, cousin marriage (blood related) is actually pretty common in the world. Infact, it has been estimated that 1 in every 10 marriages is in between first cousins. Even more surprising, it has been estimated that 80% of marriages throughout history have been between second cousins and closer. Weird right?

What the h*ck? Nah, I'm not believing that. I REFUSE.

retr0pia75
11-29-2016, 09:22 AM
Isn't there enough romance crap in the series as it is?

Sabacooza
11-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Isn't there enough romance crap in the series as it is? Apparently not. These Tumblr idiots won't be happy until it's a full blown orgy.

Metalwolf
11-29-2016, 11:04 AM
Apparently not. These Tumblr idiots won't be happy until it's a full blown orgy.With half of it involving Mikey.

ticktack
11-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Actually I found Karai and Leo ship any way terrible. You shouldn't simply become a couple with a person who wants to kill you. I don't dig "ms. & mr. smith" romance. But this Nick's Karai is kind of different at this point. Mikey doesn't feel guilty or honest to himself ("Shini, I like someone, but in a sense of time we might not meet again even though it was two month ago since I've seen her, so uuh, it's complicated to enlighten to you, but .. yeah, might make our relationship slightly flirty-relevant, still fell like a guilty person") for crushing on two people at the same time perioud. April isn't crushing Idk, many-many nodding for a fanservice for the shipping (apritello) :trolleye:, yeah, idk, I'm not really involved, maybe I can't explain why.
In 2003 series I felt pity that the only and basic female in the group got a boyfriend (all the while the male characters aren't as much socially pressured, if that's be the case, to get a girlfriend), I prefered 1987 April in that matter (if anything, I guess, she could choose a boyfriend at any time, still pretty and proud).

ToTheNines
11-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Apparently not. These Tumblr idiots won't be happy until it's a full blown orgy.

Lol, I just watched Sausage Party yesterday...

Coola Yagami
11-30-2016, 01:36 PM
Lol, I just watched Sausage Party yesterday...

Lmao. I heard about that. I have yet to see it or even decide if I want to.

It is weird though when you think about it. A show can have tons of guys in it and noone really cares if they do or don't have girlfriends or ever will. But put a girl in there, they have to be hooked up asap. And it's weird since most of the girls in this particular series kick all sorts of ass, but yet they just have to hook up like yesterday. Countdown to see who Alopex falls for.

Penst0ck
11-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Countdown to see who Alopex falls for.

lol She's the same age as Tiger Claw so like, 30? If she ends up being with a turtle it's gonna probably be given the South Park reaction in-universe

http://ci.memecdn.com/7560812.jpg

PFFFT! BUT THEY WOULDN'T REALLY DO THAT! right?....

TigerClaw
11-30-2016, 07:05 PM
I dont know who they could pair Alopex with in this series, since all 4 Turtles are accounted for.

Leonardo with Karai
Donatello with April
Raphael with Mona Lisa
Michelangelo with Renet

In the IDW comics, Alopex has been paired with Raph.

What if Alopex ends up joining the Mutanimals, Originally Ninjara was supposed be a part of the Mutanimals in a supposed TMNT spinoff, That never got made.

Metalwolf
11-30-2016, 08:19 PM
^^^ Probably if there was a pairing, it would probably be with Leo. Reason is, Karai is considered a 'sister' and pairing her up with any Turtle might end up feeling squicky.

TigerClaw
11-30-2016, 08:26 PM
^^^ Probably if there was a pairing, it would probably be with Leo. Reason is, Karai is considered a 'sister' and pairing her up with any Turtle might end up feeling squicky.
Maybe your right, They both have Katanas, so maybe.

victory_angel
11-30-2016, 08:36 PM
Since Alopex it going to be played by Minae Noji who also played the voice of Tang Shen. What if she becomes a new love interest for Splinter? I mean Splinter in this version is younger than other versions in the past. As a human he had to been in his 30s at most when his wife was killed so he would be in his late 40's early 50's right now.

Or if it turns out that Splinter does die a the end of the season, Alopex won't be a love interest but a pseudo mother figure.

WebLurker
12-10-2016, 07:31 PM
I vote no. The sibling/adoptive sibling angle makes it gross enough IMHO, and the different species angle stretches credibility. I can kinda understand why the Turtles could be attracted to humans (since they have some human DNA), but I can't really see how the inverse would work.

PixieAnna1
12-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Dear God please no. It's incest plain and simple.

And for the people that argue their not biologically related. I don't think any sane person would be okay with dating their adopted sibling.

ToTheNines
12-27-2016, 06:50 PM

And for the people that argue their not biologically related. I don't think any sane person would be okay with dating their adopted sibling.

That's still apples to oranges. They weren't raised together and have never even lived together. I don't think Karai has spent a single night in the lair.

It's definitely a weird dynamic, but nothing repugnant.

Dust
12-27-2016, 07:39 PM
It's a little weird, mostly for Splinter, to have his adopted son and actual daughter date or whatever. While it's not biologically incest, it's still a little weird.

Xav
12-28-2016, 03:32 AM
Well it worked in The Flash.

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 06:18 PM

I would though I'm not really that sane also the adopted sibling thing is basically a more closer version of the childhood/neighbor friend trope and as long as they aren't related its not really Squicky

ToTheNines
12-28-2016, 06:27 PM
I would though I'm not really that sane also the adopted sibling thing is basically a more closer version of the childhood/neighbor friend trope and as long as they aren't related its not really Squicky

If you grew up with/were raised with an adopted sibling, I'd say that's pretty sick to fornicate with them.

But if one of my parents were remarried to someone with a girl my age when I was a teenager... I'd be down. No regrets.

Then again, I wouldn't want that relationship to be anything beyond sexual. So for Leo and Karai to be a pair, all while Splinter is trying to make up lost time with his daughter? Totally gonzo.

But he may or may not even survive season 4. We'll see.

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 06:41 PM
If you grew up with/were raised with an adopted sibling, I'd say that's pretty sick to fornicate with them.

I don't know, me personally I don't see it as that different from the "girl next door" trope I mean one could argue they grew up with each other but the only difference is that the adoptive trope has them living in the same house.

ToTheNines
12-28-2016, 06:43 PM
You don't have siblings/sisters, do you?

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 06:46 PM
You don't have siblings/sisters, do you?

No do you have any adoptive siblings/sisters

ToTheNines
12-28-2016, 07:18 PM
No do you have any adoptive siblings/sisters

I didn't think so. I'd wager your feelings on the matter would change if you did.

And no, I don't. My sister is my "full sister". But I wouldn't have wanted to get intimate with her if I'd found out she was adopted at any point.

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 07:27 PM
I didn't think so. I'd wager your feelings on the matter would change if you did.

And no, I don't. My sister is my "full sister". But I wouldn't have wanted to get intimate with her if I'd found out she was adopted at any point.

So why would't your feelings on the matter change if your sister wasn't genetically related to you and I personally do have an adopted cousin(not sister so not really the same) and while I don't want to get intimate with her(I did have sort of a crush on her) I still don't see how someone who wants to bone their adoptive cousin to be THAT squicky

ToTheNines
12-28-2016, 07:40 PM
Because the sibling bond runs way deeper than mere genetics. Which is kinda the point of TMNT, ironically.

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 08:01 PM
Because the sibling bond runs way deeper than mere genetics. Which is kinda the point of TMNT, ironically.

Sure the bond is there but bond doesn't really create inbreeds its the inbreeding part that I find squicky

ToTheNines
12-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Lol... sooooo it's ok to **** your sister so long as you don't impregnate her?

Dust
12-28-2016, 08:33 PM
Sure the bond is there but bond doesn't really create inbreeds its the inbreeding part that I find squicky

No offense, but what you're saying is that if someone who grew up with you your entire life as a sister, it's still ok to bone them because they aren't blood related? Despite them sharing most of their life with you, sharing a brother/sister bond for so long? It's ok as the babies won't be ****ed up?
That's messed up man, really.

:lol: seems like that's what he's saying

PApagreg
12-28-2016, 08:37 PM
NAh the blood part still is still squicky

No offense, but what you're saying is that if someone who grew up with you your entire life as a sister, it's still ok to bone them because they aren't blood related? Despite them sharing most of their life with you, sharing a brother/sister bond for so long? It's ok as the babies won't be That's messed up man, really.

You can say most of these things with the neighbor aspect hell who is to say two neighbors can't have that bond. I don't see how two neighbors can't have a sibling like bond regardless whether or not they live in the same house. Hell in most TMNT incarnations Casey and April are treated as older siblings to the turtles(well April was a little more motherly) and those two didn't spend most of their life in the sewers

WebLurker
12-28-2016, 10:36 PM

I have siblings. Trust me, it's a creepy and gross idea.

Ulisa
12-28-2016, 11:19 PM
Well, to be candid, there are several factors going on with Karai and Leo. As far as we know, there is no biological relation (though, given we aren't real sure how the mutagen works on a deep level, who can say for certain).

Given that they were not raised together, them being sexually/romantically attracted to one another could potentially make sense as the Westermarck effect or reverse sexual imprinting, is thought to be developed in the first six years of life for people reared together. So, in that case, it would not apply them.

But then, there's other psychological factors, namely the social taboo ones. Granted, the turtles aren't exposed to the normal social atmosphere but Splinter WAS human and has raised them using that mental template. Several societies have social taboos against people marrying certain people, even if they are not biologically related or adopted. Example, in older times, children who were nursed by the same woman were not allowed to marry. So, in this case, because Splinter views all the turtles and Karai/Miwa as his children, while there may not be a biological or even a legal barrier, there is a very strong psychological and social one.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 01:54 AM
If this was an anime written in Japan where sibling incest is accepted it would have become canon. But since this is an American cartoon aimed at kids, no it will not.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-29-2016, 02:54 AM
If this was an anime written in Japan where sibling incest is accepted it would have become canon. But since this is an American cartoon aimed at kids, no it will not.

I'm pretty sure tmnt in Japan would still be aimed at kids. And even if it wasn't, most Japanese I'm sure have decency and aren't fond of seeing a turtle/human-snake incest.

ssjup81
12-29-2016, 03:30 AM
If this was an anime written in Japan where sibling incest is accepted it would have become canon. But since this is an American cartoon aimed at kids, no it will not.I seriously doubt that. Cousins, maybe, blood siblings, straight up no. I already mentioned Neji having a crush on his cousin Hinata from the Naruto series even though nothing came of it since even he knew it wasn't right. In Kuroshitsuji, Ciel is betrothed to his first cousin, Elizabeth, but it also takes place in Victorian England and both are from noble families...so that custom seemed to have been a thing at the time.

You know, I now recall a Detective Conan case. There was a couple. Both were in love and were going to marry. Unfortunately, the woman ended up dying in an accident. Of course they thought it was a murder and stuff.

Turns out that the couple were blood related, siblings. Both were orphaned and didn't know of one another's existence. She found out that they were siblings and had actually killed herself because she couldn't live with that and because she loved him in such a way and how taboo it was.

After finding out, he was very upset over the entire situation and wished that it had been under other circumstances, but admitted that he still romantically loved her, even if it was taboo.

Leo and Karai didn't grow up together and weren't raised as siblings so neither views one another as one. Her being human and his being a turtle would probably be more of an issue.

Ashwolf
12-29-2016, 03:58 AM
Leo and Karai didn't grow up together and weren't raised as siblings so neither views one another as one. Her being human and his being a turtle would probably be more of an issue.

exactly, besides even though karai may be considered splinters daughter in this version doesnt mean that its the same canon material all across the franchise

so whether leo and karai becomes official canon in this version or not, their interactions and so on already prove it is both in this version and in the 03 that its canon (official or not), despite the outcome of events, they are still considered 2 sides of the same coin in both shows and in some ways, end up drawing toward the other

FredWolfLeonardo
12-29-2016, 04:00 AM
The reason why cousin crushes/couples are shown in anime and alot of other media is not because of a fascination with incest but rather because first cousin marriages are acceptable in Japan and most of the world. Its a pretty different world out there from the states, which is the only country in the west to ban first cousin marriages in certain states. Infact, cousin couples are not really considered incesteous for the vast majority of the world.

Sibling relationships and inter species on the other hand are almost universally condemned.

ssjup81
12-29-2016, 05:46 AM
The reason why cousin crushes/couples are shown in anime and alot of other media is not because of a fascination with incest but rather because first cousin marriages are acceptable in Japan and most of the world. Its a pretty different world out there from the states, which is the only country in the west to ban first cousin marriages in certain states. Infact, cousin couples are not really considered incesteous for the vast majority of the world.

Sibling relationships and inter species on the other hand are almost universally condemned.I just thought of another scenario...Marmalade Boy. That situation was weird. It's about a high-school girl named Miki. She always felt that her parents were happy, but one day they took a vacation..a cruise iirc. They came back divorced and remarried to another couple on the cruise. I liked how Miki reacted to how unusual it was and how casual they were being.

Anyway, they moved into the house and now Miki had two sets of parents and a new stepbrother. They were the same age. Long story short, they fell for each other. Miki was very torn because she didn't see him as a brother, but they were now siblings. Yuu seemed to not care about that. They decided to date anyway.

Later on though (Miki is in university by this point), Yuu was worried. He found out that his mother had a relationship with another man before his father. The man in question was Miki's father. They were hoping that it was all a mistake. His mother confessed and told them that she did have a relationship with him, but that he wasn't his father and that the one she married (and divorced to get back with Miki's father) was his biological father. Both were super relieved to hear this and continued their relationship. Forgot how the manga ended.

IndigoErth
12-29-2016, 08:21 PM
I dont know who they could pair Alopex with in this series
I dunno, does she need to be paired up? So far I think the only woman that has gone without becoming someone's crush has been the one that turned out to be a Kraang Droid. (Note to self, if a girl isn't a crush, be suspicious...)

^^^ Probably if there was a pairing, it would probably be with Leo.
Would definitely be something new for him, since (far as I know) historically in terms of the franchise he's really only ever been into humans. Not sure he's ever gone for, how should I say, a fluffy girl. They seem to be Raph's thing (along with lizard ladies), but I guess he's definitely spoken for. :tlol: (I kinda like the idea of the Turtles still having a 'type' that appeals to them though.)

Since Alopex it going to be played by Minae Noji who also played the voice of Tang Shen. What if she becomes a new love interest for Splinter?
I'd be curious about his thoughts on that if it kind of leaned in that direction, if Alopex is an adult character. Presuming this one was, unlike him, never human to start with, while he is still Yoshi on the inside.

Metalwolf
12-30-2016, 01:45 PM
I'd be curious about his thoughts on that if it kind of leaned in that direction, if Alopex is an adult character. Presuming this one was, unlike him, never human to start with, while he is still Yoshi on the inside.Well, Alopex in this show had been human, but had been turned as a child. Would she still be mentally human? But it depends as much though what Splinter's into. If he's still mentally 'Yoshi' would he still want a human woman? Or if he's mentally 'Splinter,' would he want a mutant?

Although this does make me ponder something else...

If Splinter wanted a female companion, which would feel squicky? Him choosing a human woman, him choosing a woman who was turned into a mutant, or him choosing a mutant who had been an animal previously? Would it feel gross if a human-turned-mutant fell in love with a mutant who had previously been an animal?

ToTheNines
12-30-2016, 01:49 PM
Everyone stop saying "squicky".

FredWolfLeonardo
12-30-2016, 03:16 PM
I don't think Splinter would be in a relationship with anyone by this point. Not only because he's a mutant now but because he has come to terms with not having his wife anymore and is content with being the father figure to the turtles and Karai.

To Splinter, his current family feels complete to him so he probably has no desire to add to it. Besides, I can't imagine Alopex being a mom to the turtles :P

Jephael
12-30-2016, 08:09 PM

https://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/wowthats_um.jpg

Dust
12-30-2016, 08:12 PM
https://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/wowthats_um.jpg

You do see the question mark, and the fact that he's saying that this was someone else's thought, not his own? Come on man.

Jephael
12-30-2016, 08:20 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder970/52828970.jpg

ssjup81
12-30-2016, 08:27 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder970/52828970.jpg:lol:

This is hypothetical pairing talk. It's not meant to be taken seriously all.

ToTheNines
12-30-2016, 09:07 PM
You do see the question mark, and the fact that he's saying that this was someone else's thought, not his own? Come on man.

Jeff's an idiot, don't mind him.

Jephael
12-31-2016, 10:38 AM

http://hardnewsinc.blogs.com/my_weblog/howlers.jpg

You know there is an ignore feature. If you can't handle my goofy antics, I suggest using it.

ToTheNines
12-31-2016, 12:46 PM
I thoroughly enjoy your antics when they don't involve you begging Andrew for attention. But Dust is new, so I was only bringing him up to speed.

The Happy One
12-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Squicky......

Dust
12-31-2016, 08:34 PM
I thoroughly enjoy your antics when they don't involve you begging Andrew for attention. But Dust is new, so I was only bringing him up to speed.

Alright, thanks man for looking out for me and for letting me know that Jeff's an idiot, I'll take this into account next time :tlol:

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 10:05 AM
Alright, thanks man for looking out for me and for letting me know that Jeff's an idiot, I'll take this into account next time :tlol:

Nine's is the idiot. And an unbelievably horrid jerk as well. Jephael is not the one you should be worried about.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Nine's is the idiot. And an unbelievably horrid jerk as well. Jephael is not the one you should be worried about.

You're just gonna stalk me and "bust my chops" all over the forum today?

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 10:11 AM
You're just gonna stalk me and "bust my chops" all over the forum today?

You deserve it.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Get a life.

Shellington
01-01-2017, 10:30 AM
In this show, it might come off as somewhat incestuous.

Keep in mind, Leo is an adopted son and Karai is a blood daughter.

But they don't seem to be too bothered by that, and neither is Splinter. If Splinter thinks it's okay, then I can't complain.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Get a life.

You spend every minute while you're here it seems trying to find new ways to degrade and harass others, you're an asshole with an attitude problem, and you think it a good idea to tell me to get a life? Screw off idiot!

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 11:06 AM
That's a wild exaggeration. And particularly hilarious coming from the same little bitch who literally challenged someone to a fist fight on here.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 11:15 AM
That's a wild exaggeration. And particularly hilarious coming from the same little bitch who literally challenged someone to a fist fight on here.

Hey idiot, ever hear the expression two wrongs don't make a right? For you to switch gears and try to compare me to you shows the depths of your stupidity and vileness as a person!

I got a little heated with Powder, probably shouldn't have said what I did, but that doesn't take away from what he said not only about me but others as well. I was willing to put it in the rearview mirror, I'm not sure he has. You on the other hand are a gutless asshole who doesn't care what you say to others, especially those who don't deserve it, and have a serious attitude problem and I'm not going to take your garbage anymore!

ssjup81
01-01-2017, 11:16 AM
In this show, it might come off as somewhat incestuous.

Keep in mind, Leo is an adopted son and Karai is a blood daughter.

But they don't seem to be too bothered by that, and neither is Splinter. If Splinter thinks it's okay, then I can't complain.Now that you mention it, Splinter's never said anything regarding Leo's crush on Karai. The other three still knew of his crush, or picked up on it...seems Splinter would've.

Hm, he's been quiet regarding Donnie's obvious crush on April too...

Candy Kappa
01-01-2017, 11:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MrW5mUX.gif

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Hey idiot, ever hear the expression two wrongs don't make a right? For you to switch gears and try to compare me to you shows the depths of your stupidity and vileness as a person!

I got a little heated with Powder, probably shouldn't have said what I did, but that doesn't take away from what he said not only about me but others as well. I was willing to put it in the rearview mirror, I'm not sure he has. You on the other hand are a gutless asshole who doesn't care what you say to others, especially those who don't deserve it, and have a serious attitude problem and I'm not going to take your garbage anymore!

People who wilfully spoil episodes on here absolutely deserve any **** they get.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Now that you mention it, Splinter's never said anything regarding Leo's crush on Karai. The other three still knew of his crush, or picked up on it...seems Splinter would've.

Hm, he's been quiet regarding Donnie's obvious crush on April too...

Well the episode "Mutagen Man Unleashed" sticks out where he at least somewhat acknowledged it but also took a direct role in Donnie's state of mind at the time. But yeah you're right, it would've been quite interesting to see how Splinter really felt about Leo and Karai.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 11:26 AM
People who wilfully spoil episodes on here absolutely deserve any **** they get.

The episodes. Were up. ON YOUTUBE! Take advantage of the situation and also grow a brain while you're at it to realize that this is a forum where we talk about this stuff! F U!

ssjup81
01-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Well the episode "Mutagen Man Unleashed" sticks out where he at least somewhat acknowledged it but also took a direct role in Donnie's state of mind at the time. But yeah you're right, it would've been quite interesting to see how Splinter really felt about Leo and Karai.You know, seems Splinter would've picked up on it in the ep where Karai was mutated. He was training with Mikey. Leo uncharacteristically charged Mikey during their training session after being embarrassed in front of her.

ToTheNines
01-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Oh, pirated versions of something I'm really excited to see are on youtube in a language I have no way of understanding? Link please!

I can't put it any simpler: There was already a spoiler thread for you impatients to discuss the episodes in. You and others elected to be inconsiderate scumbags and ruin it for me and others.

But whatever. I'm over it. Some other chode of your sort spoiled the season 3 finale last year because of that book that came out before the air date and I still enjoyed it. Just would have been cooler to actually be surprised.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 11:41 AM
oh, pirated versions of something i'm really excited to see are on youtube in a language i have no way of understanding? Link please!

edit: No episode link...even in korean.

TMNTInsighter
01-01-2017, 11:53 AM
edit: No episode link...even in korean.

What about user channel links?

Jester
01-01-2017, 11:59 AM
What about user channel links?

Don't push it...

Vicky82
01-01-2017, 12:02 PM
The episodes. Were up. ON YOUTUBE! Take advantage of the situation and also grow a brain while you're at it to realize that this is a forum where we talk about this stuff! F U!

Not everyone wants to watch the episodes in Korean, they want to wait till they come out in English. So use spoiler tags if you talk about the Korean episodes Or use the Korean thread, or if you make a thread that involves the Korean episodes put spoiler warnings in the title as well.

Your ruining it for other people here.

saintsaucey
01-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Well it's too late now. Thanks for spoiling it. Dick. (The op)

ssjup81
01-01-2017, 12:57 PM
Who spoiled what and where? I've been looking through this thread and I'm not getting where the accusations are coming from.

Vicky82
01-01-2017, 01:02 PM
Who spoiled what and where? I've been looking through this thread and I'm not getting where the accusations are coming from.

The thread has been deleted now, it was a poll for what you want to happen in season 5 that revealed a big spoiler and of course TMNTInsighter ending up posting a big spoiler aswell.

saintsaucey
01-01-2017, 01:08 PM
The thread has been deleted now, it was a poll for what you want to happen in season 5 that revealed a big spoiler and of course TMNTInsighter ending up posting a big spoiler aswell.

Yeah insider's post has the spoiler in the form of a if this does happen type of thing.

Dust
01-01-2017, 09:32 PM

You see the laughing emoji? It means I wasn't entirely serious about the part with Jephael. Why start an argument with Nines when he did nothing to provoke you? In fact, the discussion at the time involved me, Nines and Jeph, not you. You butting in and starting **** with ToTheNines shows to me that you're the jerk.
Don't want to start an argument with you but don't tell me who I should and shouldn't be worried about, I'm not gonna side with you or anyone else, I'll make my own decisions.

Also, the boards don't support pirated/leaked/whatever you want to call it video links being shared, as it's piracy and it's illegal, so take that into account before trying to link a leaked episode.

WebLurker
01-01-2017, 09:45 PM
For some reason, the Technodrome Forum is one of the most contentious and rudest I've been on. I don't know, is there a way we could improve that, or something?

biganimefan
01-01-2017, 09:52 PM
For some reason, the Technodrome Forum is one of the most contentious and rudest I've been on. I don't know, is there a way we could improve that, or something?

Actually I think it's even worse in the forum section of turtlepedia. But i agree, it is quite bad here. It's especially bad in the movies section if you happen to even kinda like the new movies. You'd be called a plant or worse over there.

Jephael
01-01-2017, 10:35 PM

Well, if you have access to a time machine you can go back to 2003 when we had more kind-hearted and open-minded people around.

CyberCubed
01-01-2017, 10:44 PM
I ask again, how are people not banned for blatantly posting spoilers and ruining the show in other threads? You guys have a thread to discuss the Korean eps in, do not discuss them outside of it.

Jephael
01-01-2017, 11:02 PM
how are people not banned for blatantly posting spoilers and ruining the show in other threads? You guys have a thread to discuss the Korean eps in, do not discuss them outside of it.

Dude, take a deep breath and relax! The final season 4 episodes will air in about a month. I know it sucks that they couldn't have aired them by now, but hey them's the breaks.

WebLurker
01-02-2017, 09:17 AM
Actually I think it's even worse in the forum section of turtlepedia. But i agree, it is quite bad here. It's especially bad in the movies section if you happen to even kinda like the new movies. You'd be called a plant or worse over there.

Yeah, I've seen that. (I thought the new movies were okay, but you have a lot of posters who basically don't want to entertain the idea that it could've done some things right.)

Well, if you have access to a time machine you can go back to 2003 when we had more kind-hearted and open-minded people around.

What changed?

Jephael
01-02-2017, 09:21 AM
What changed?

All those people pretty much moved on with their lives. Some found love, others got into careers... that's pretty much how life goes in any group.

Vicky82
01-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I've seen that. (I thought the new movies were okay, but you have a lot of posters who basically don't want to entertain the idea that it could've done some things right.)

What changed?

I didn't join till 2006 but I think it was 2K3 cartoon, it split the fandom up as some people didn't like it and also one of crew from 2K3 cartoon came here pretending to be someone else defended the cartoon and I think he had a 1 on 1 war with another member or something.

Jephael
01-02-2017, 09:28 AM
I didn't join till 2006 but I think it was 2K3 cartoon, it split the fandom up as some people didn't like it and also one of crew from 2K3 cartoon came here pretending to be someone else defended the cartoon and I think he had a 1 on 1 war with another member or something.

I don't quite recall those events, though now that you mention it I feel like a lot of people who used to frequent this place jumped ship after Peter Laird sold the rights to Nickelodeon back in 2009.

ToTheNines
01-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Dude, take a deep breath and relax! The final season 4 episodes will air in about a month. I know it sucks that they couldn't have aired them by now, but hey them's the breaks.

That's not even what he's talking about.

Metalwolf
01-02-2017, 07:38 PM
You see the laughing emoji? It means I wasn't entirely serious about the part with Jephael. Why start an argument with Nines when he did nothing to provoke you? In fact, the discussion at the time involved me, Nines and Jeph, not you. You butting in and starting **** with ToTheNines shows to me that you're the jerk.
Don't want to start an argument with you but don't tell me who I should and shouldn't be worried about, I'm not gonna side with you or anyone else, I'll make my own decisions.

Also, the boards don't support pirated/leaked/whatever you want to call it video links being shared, as it's piracy and it's illegal, so take that into account before trying to link a leaked episode.
Eh, Dust, don't take 'em seriously. Just do what I do- pretend that they know each other in real life and that this is their version of foreplay before they log off and go coupling with each other. Nines couples with Jeff, TMNTIn couples with Nines, and Jeff sometimes with TMNTIn.

'You spoiled the new episode you idiot!'
'F U! The episode clips are everywhere on Youtube asshat. Get a damn life.'
'Oooh baby, call me asshat again. That's turning me on...'

Anyway, I doubt Leo X Karai will ever, ever become canon. Not since what happened in the last episodes, because will she end up becoming a sort of mother-sister figure with Leo being her brother (in a sense) and being the head of the family too? It will have a vague incest vibe, and I don't think Nick will want to go that far.

ssjup81
01-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Eh, Dust, don't take 'em seriously. Just do what I do- pretend that they know each other in real life and that this is their version of foreplay before they log off and go coupling with each other. Nines couples with Jeff, TMNTIn couples with Nines, and Jeff sometimes with TMNTIn.

'You spoiled the new episode you idiot!'
'F U! The episode clips are everywhere on Youtube asshat. Get a damn life.'
'Oooh baby, call me asshat again. That's turning me on...'

Anyway, I doubt Leo X Karai will ever, ever become canon. Not since what happened in the last episodes, because will she end up becoming a sort of mother-sister figure with Leo being her brother (in a sense) and being the head of the family too? It will have a vague incest vibe, and I don't think Nick will want to go that far.I doubt it'll become canon since Karai doesn't seem to like Leo in that way in general.

Metalwolf
01-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I doubt it'll become canon since Karai doesn't seem to like Leo in that way in general.True, although it doesn't stop some on here from imagining hearts in their eyes (or dialog) when they see or talk to each other.

Especially if Leo or Karai are nice to one another, then it's like 'Ohmygosh, PAIRING!!1!!!'

ssjup81
01-02-2017, 08:40 PM
True, although it doesn't stop some on here from imagining hearts in their eyes (or dialog) when they see or talk to each other.

Especially if Leo or Karai are nice to one another, then it's like 'Ohmygosh, PAIRING!!1!!!'I really like their interactions, though. I like how they may banter or tease. It's entertaining.