PDA

View Full Version : Tmnt Out of the Shadows Beauty Make up tutorial

FredWolfLeonardo
11-28-2016, 10:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bctFHWzDMsk

What do you think of this? Do you like how the girl transforms herself into a Bayturtle?

Shark_Blade
11-28-2016, 10:33 PM
Nicely done.

IndigoErth
11-28-2016, 10:38 PM
An 'A' for effort, but... ehhhhh

Powder
11-28-2016, 10:39 PM
Do you like how the girl transforms herself into a Bayturtle?

No, I really, really don't. :teek:

snake
11-28-2016, 10:40 PM
No, I really, really don't. :teek:

:lol:

That's the only reaction this thread needs.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-29-2016, 02:33 AM
Apparently the video is sponsored by Paramount :lol: Regardless though, I still commend her effort.

P.S. Andrew NDB, I'd really be interesting in hearing your thoughts:D

Candy Kappa
11-29-2016, 06:17 AM
Well... That exists.

looked more like a Planet of the Apes creature effect with a dash of green.

Jester
11-29-2016, 08:21 AM
Well... That exists.

looked more like a Planet of the Apes creature effect with a dash of green.

Yeah...it's pretty much this. Totally Classic POTA make up, painted green. More Grinch than TMNT.

Also, FredWolfLeo, don't try and bait Andrew. I'm sure he's not going to bite.

oldmanwinters
11-29-2016, 11:16 AM
It looked very Planet of the Apes, early on! I was hoping the prosthetic mouth might open too. She's obviously good at her craft, but I can't imagine anybody wanting to be a PD Turtle!

plastroncafe
11-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Man, I was hoping this was one of those Contouring Make-up videos, not one with prosthetics.

But wait, are we saying the Bay Turtles don't look like PotA? Because, I would debate that.

Jester
11-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Man, I was hoping this was one of those Contouring Make-up videos, not one with prosthetics.

But wait, are we saying the Bay Turtles don't look like PotA? Because, I would debate that.
I thought it'd be straight makeup as well...no prosthetics. I'd have to look back at the PD TMNT, but maybe?

TigerClaw
11-29-2016, 12:02 PM
I thought it'd be straight makeup as well...no prosthetics. I'd have to look back at the PD TMNT, but maybe?
You would need a prosthetic when creating the snout which Turtles have, Hard to create the look of a turtle with just makeup on, you would just look like a human with face paint.

plastroncafe
11-29-2016, 12:14 PM
You say that like that can't also be awesome:

k9mdF_NBgig
-Eax858YWBY

TigerClaw
11-29-2016, 12:33 PM

k9mdF_NBgig
-Eax858YWBY
But the minute you open the mouth, it ruins the illusion, and prosthetics fixes all that, Plus humans don't have snouts.

IndigoErth
11-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Couldn't comment much last night as I saw this just as I needed to make myself go to bed. Now that I have more time...

Yeah, I agree, I expected just a make-up job. I can't get passed the 'monkey face.' Even if those boys have long been thought to look a little ape-like (being kinda more human-looking than most other TMNT after all), it's just too narrow and protruding. And wrinkled. Making a very basic prosthetic for the nose and wider cheeks (and Leo or Donnie's simpler, rounded design might have been easier?) paired with make-up effects I think would have been more convincing.

Make that crazy awesome.

Bry
11-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Apparently the video is sponsored by Paramount :lol:

This was made before that movie series had been all but confirmed to be cancelled by its own producer, right? Otherwise, why would they bother?

snake
11-30-2016, 11:27 PM
This was made before that movie series had been all but confirmed to be cancelled by its own producer, right? Otherwise, why would they bother?

Uploaded September 20th and probably produced during OOTS theatre release, so it was made for the DVD/Blu Ray promotion, which is probably the last thing PD will do with this incarnation.