PDA

View Full Version : Is Mondo Gecko unnecessary?

picassotheninjaturtle
12-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Seriously, he's just comic relief. And SERIOUSLY BAD COMIC RELIEF. Every episode he shows up in, he gets beat up or ridiculed. At least Muckman could fight.

Splinter the boss
12-02-2016, 10:10 PM
yeah, I don't like him. I don't think he brings anything to the table. As for comic relief, we already have plenty of that, we've got Michelangelo, etc...

Jephael
12-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Yea, I feel like the writers dropped the ball with Mondo here. Sure he was always a Mikey clone in the cartoons, but they also gave him a little more depth in the Archie comics, especially when concerning his girlfriend. Here, he's a total spazz, and it's just sad to watch. I have gotten used to his design though.

TigerClaw
12-02-2016, 10:45 PM
I have no problems with Nick's version of Mondo Gecko, it is what it is, a Nick version, I liked how the Archie Comics handled him, and IDW's version was pretty good.

CyberCubed
12-02-2016, 11:37 PM
He was in what...like 3 episodes? Jesus Christ, you people complain about anything.

Coola Yagami
12-03-2016, 07:37 AM
That's not the point cubes. It's the character we're talking about, not how many Eps he's been in.

I don't know why they made him a wimp that can't fight. In an action show like this.... why even introduce him? I have no problem with him per say, they definitely got the 'Mikey's best friend who jams to the same frequency' part right, but if the dude could actually fight he'd be complete.

I mean we all have our favorite 80s characters we wish to see updated and brought back, but imagine if they brought back Muckman, Mona Lisa (who had a huge fan base despite being in only one episode), or God forbid all time fan favorite Slash and made them into total useless wimps. They really dropped the ball with Mondo.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-03-2016, 07:58 AM
To be fair Cubed, you did complain about Hun and the Neutrinos' designs with the former being in 3-4 episodes while the latter were only in one.

myconius
12-03-2016, 10:06 AM
i don't have a problem with him overall.

but they could give him more of a purpose rather than him just being a bumbling doofus.

neatoman
12-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Seriously, he's just comic relief. And SERIOUSLY BAD COMIC RELIEF. Every episode he shows up in, he gets beat up or ridiculed. At least Muckman could fight.

Yes, yes he is. I'm pretty sure he was only introduced to justify bringing in Robbie Rist, just so they could say "Look, we got Mikey from the 90's movies in the show!".

Jephael
12-03-2016, 12:35 PM
they could give him more of a purpose rather than him just being a bumbling doofus.

I feel the exact same way.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I don't know why they made him a wimp that can't fight. In an action show like this.... why even introduce him? I have no problem with him per say, they definitely got the 'Mikey's best friend who jams to the same frequency' part right, but if the dude could actually fight he'd be complete.

That's the joke.

Tarris Vaal
12-03-2016, 02:38 PM
I agree with Cyber here, he does have a role as a friend to Mikey and mutanimal comic relief, but I think its fair to say that he doesn't really serve any narrative purpose. His character would be served far better if he had some kind of stake in what was going on, rather than just being... 'there'

Coola Yagami
12-03-2016, 03:20 PM
That's the joke.

But he wasn't before. Why even bring him back if he was going to be like that. Imagine doing that to leatherhead or Mutagen Man. Even pizza face was a threat.

IndigoErth
12-03-2016, 03:29 PM
I wish he'd have showed up a little sooner and got a bit of development. He's a fun character, though it would have been nice to see him be around a bit more and develop a little more purpose in the show.

That said, I don't have anything against having characters who aren't really fighters, it's cool that the Turtles could simply have some friends to hang out with on off-days, but if he's not a really a fighter then maybe don't get him involved in that aspect of the show rather than have him just being a rag doll to be beaten on. Maybe he could have found use as a spy for the Turtles team, given those wall-climbing feet and all. (And color changing ability? I think Geckos do that?)

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 04:00 PM
But he wasn't before. Why even bring him back if he was going to be like that. Imagine doing that to leatherhead or Mutagen Man. Even pizza face was a threat.

Why would you be comparing Mondo Gecko, who was really nothing more than a toy character, to Leatherhead, who is one of the pivotal TMNT characters/mutants in almost every incarnation?

Of course Leatherhead is going to get a big role and treated properly, he is a TMNT staple. Mondo Gecko is just a toy character you can do anything with.

He was only in 2 episodes of the original cartoon. In Archie after he joined the Mutanimals he basically became a background character with little to no characerisation. In IDW even though he's handled properly, he still has no real seperate character of his own from the Mutanimals.

plastroncafe
12-03-2016, 04:15 PM
I don't think Pivotal means what you think it means.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 04:16 PM
I get this from dictionary.com:

piv∑ot∑al
ˈpivədl/
adjective
adjective: pivotal

of crucial importance in relation to the development or success of something else.

plastroncafe
12-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Leatherhead is none of those things.

Coola Yagami
12-03-2016, 05:05 PM
And again, this show is so unpredictable that they could have made leatherhead a bumbling buffoon if they so pleased. Noone is safe. Remember how they turned Hun into Bruce Lee? Or April into a teenage Mary Sue?

Mondo Gecko might not have been an important character in the grand scheme of things, though you already listed 3 incarnations of him, but useless wimp isn't how one would have thought of him whenever it was announced he would be coming back in this new show. Napoleon I kinda get since not many people liked the frogs in the OT and they weren't exactly formidable there either. But Mondo? Naw, you do him right or why even bother.

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 05:21 PM
And again, this show is so unpredictable that they could have made leatherhead a bumbling buffoon if they so pleased. Noone is safe. Remember how they turned Hun into Bruce Lee? Or April into a teenage Mary Sue?

Mondo Gecko might not have been an important character in the grand scheme of things, though you already listed 3 incarnations of him, but useless wimp isn't how one would have thought of him whenever it was announced he would be coming back in this new show. Napoleon I kinda get since not many people liked the frogs in the OT and they weren't exactly formidable there either. But Mondo? Naw, you do him right or why even bother.
Or how they turned Mona Lisa, a human turned mutant lizard into an alien lizard, The Nick show took a whole lot of liberties, some characters are in name only and not like the originals.

Kingoji
12-03-2016, 05:27 PM
I dig him. Probably my favourite peripheral character on the show.

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 05:29 PM
One thing I can say about the Nick version of Mondo Geck is, He's more or less close to the Archie comics version, Being that he started out as human, Though he was in a rock band in the comics, and on Nick he was more a skateboarding type dude.

Archie Comic

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/3025011-mondo_gecko-tmnt_adventures%2318-mutating.jpg

http://miragelicensing.com/comics/archie/18/1803.jpg

Fred Wolf

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-5-mondo-gecko-origin.jpg

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-season-5-mondo-gecko.jpg

IDW

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gWPiHtyClnE/VIPwXmZnquI/AAAAAAAAFuo/M7Jd_8PMlNg/s1600/tmnt4.png

Nickelodeon

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QRWl-sTqIcU/VUfOc6DziJI/AAAAAAAAdw0/KhENFfRrwl0/s1600/Mondo-Gecko-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-2012-Series-2015-Nickelodeon-Nick-TMNT.jpg

Dust
12-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Or how they turned Mona Lisa, a human turned mutant lizard into an alien lizard, The Nick show took a whole lot of liberties, some characters are in name only and not like the originals.

However, Mona Lisa was an unimportant character who appeared in one episode of the OT and had a toy. Hun appeared in most episodes of the 2003 show, and is also in the Mirage comics and eventually IDW. He was portrayed as large, intimidating brute of a man, though not too well versed in martial arts, unlike Nick Hun is. The change doesn't bother me too much, but it's much more drastic a change than to Mona Lisa, as Hun was a major character in a couple incarnations, yet Mona Lisa existed for one episode.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
But Mondo? Naw, you do him right or why even bother.

LOL, what on earth? Mondo Gecko is a toy character who only appeared in 2 measly episodes in the OT and even in Archie after his debut he just became background fodder in the Mutanimals.

Mondo Gecko isn't even a remotely important character, they can do whatever they want with him. The only thing he needs to be is:

a) A gecko (obviously, its in his name)

b) Some sort of skater teenage hipster gimmick, which he has

Desslok
12-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Is he necessary to the show? No. To be honest there are a lot of characters that aren't. I find him amusing, though, so I don't mind. :lol:

TigerClaw
12-03-2016, 07:56 PM
I like Mondo Gecko, He and Mikey play off each other, He's someone Mikey can relate too, cause they like the same things.

Vegita-San
12-03-2016, 09:24 PM

you have to admit that mutagen man pre mutant was the DUMBEST character ever created for TV? Jar Jar had more brains.....

But yeah, Mondo, and pigeon Pete before him where just pointless additions. someone saw an excuse to bring on movie mike as a voice, and I guess that was the character they chose. he serves no other purpose than that.

However, Mona Lisa was an unimportant character who appeared in one episode of the OT and had a toy. Hun appeared in most episodes of the 2003 show, and is also in the Mirage comics and eventually IDW. He was portrayed as large, intimidating brute of a man, though not too well versed in martial arts, unlike Nick Hun is. The change doesn't bother me too much, but it's much more drastic a change than to Mona Lisa, as Hun was a major character in a couple incarnations, yet Mona Lisa existed for one episode.

I agree. Mona Lisa I have no real problem with (other than being ANOTHER romantic interest, but at least THAT one fits, since that's how she was originally).

Hun got beaten by Casey Fricken Jones on his first episode out. He's not much of a threat. Just a ridiculous Jackie Chan impression.

Hun, Bishop, Mondo, Wastes of character re inventions.

Coola Yagami
12-03-2016, 09:51 PM
LOL, what on earth? Mondo Gecko is a toy character who only appeared in 2 measly episodes in the OT and even in Archie after his debut he just became background fodder in the Mutanimals.

Mondo Gecko isn't even a remotely important character, they can do whatever they want with him. The only thing he needs to be is:

a) A gecko (obviously, its in his name)

b) Some sort of skater teenage hipster gimmick, which he has

We all have different character favorites, just like when you were spazzing over a Russian Rocksteady, another character that in your logic, is just to sell toys and just needed to be a mutant rhino. They didn't even keep the street punk part, while at least Gecko was still a skateboarder.

But yes, we all have our favorites and Mondo was one of mine. I was happy to hear he'd be featured in the show and voiced by Movie Mike only to see this wimp waste of space. We can't even have Mikey and Mondo kicking ass together since in this version he'd have to always be watching his back.

Mona Lisa was nothing more than a love interest for Raph in ONE episode, and yet was turned into a kickass alien lizard/salamander. They didn't have to make her badass, or even bring her back, but yes they did and everyone was happy. They wouldn't be if she was reduced to a joke.

Exactly, and they didn't have to be.

Vegita-San
12-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Mona Lisa was nothing more than a love interest for Raph in ONE episode, and yet was turned into a kickass alien lizard/salamander. They didn't have to make her badass, or even bring her back, but yes they did and everyone was happy. They wouldn't be if she was reduced to a joke.

you're not allowed to do that to women characters these days. femenists are taking over.

so, it's all one sided where male characters get to be ditzes now. When before, both sexes got their fair share of idiots. From Shaggy to Daphne in the original scooby doo onward.

Yes, millenials, I just said something true you would deem negative. cry to someone who cares :)

Penst0ck
12-03-2016, 10:25 PM
you're not allowed to do that to women characters these days. femenists are taking over.

so, it's all one sided where male characters get to be ditzes now. When before, both sexes got their fair share of idiots. From Shaggy to Daphne in the original scooby doo onward.

Yes, millenials, I just said something true you would deem negative. cry to someone who cares :)

I think you forgot that this show does have a ditzy, klutzy female character.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/c3f73b01866feebe935e95ad8ed22d51/tumblr_ns9nybvkcp1u3ut2ko1_400.gif

So I think that base is covered
https://33.media.tumblr.com/6af8718c6dee8f4ec9e220c20c8c5a0d/tumblr_nsjcgoyugR1tie0bno2_250.gif

I do get what you'er saying though. Possibly Irma could have fit the bill for female version of a comedically helpless character in an action show, if she didn't turn out to be Gilbert Gottfried in a robot suit that is.

PApagreg
12-03-2016, 10:34 PM

Star Butterfly, Mabel Pines, and Leni Loud all say hi.
Also Daphne in the original Scooby Doo wasn't a Ditz

Hun appeared in most episodes of the 2003 show, and is also in the Mirage comics and eventually IDW. He was portrayed as large, intimidating brute of a man, though not too well versed in martial arts, unlike Nick Hun is.

2k3 Hun was actually well versed in martial arts but I do see what you are saying.

Powder
12-03-2016, 10:35 PM
if she didn't turn out to be Gilbert Gottfried in a robot suit that is.

You say that like it's a bad thing! :tlol:

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 10:53 PM

Nick's Bishop is perfectly fine. I also think him being an Utrom on this version is a great twist and probably a homage to Utrom Shredder from 2k3. Mondo is a toy character and funny comic relief.

I don't see the problem.

PApagreg
12-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Nick's Bishop is perfectly fine. I also think him being an Utrom on this version is a great twist and probably a homage to Utrom Shredder from 2k3. Mondo is a toy character and funny comic relief.

I don't see the problem.

Well my personally problem with the Nick Bishop is that they barely do anything with, he appears in 3 episodes and with Mondo he's pretty much useless in every scene he's in

Utrommaniac
12-03-2016, 10:56 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing! :tlol:

I concur. I feel like I'm a minority who loved that twist, even if it ended up being poorly executed in the end (April trying to deal with her feelings around that).

I have a hope that Rook will take over that role, but it probably won't happen.

As for Mondo, I give an "eh". I'm not big on the skater/rocker idea, or at least being a caricature of one. Give him a little more to do and we'll talk, but for now, I don't really care.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Well my personally problem with the Nick Bishop is that they barely do anything with, he appears in 3 episodes and with Mondo he's pretty much useless in every scene he's in

He appears in episodes relevant to the Kraang/Utroms. He'll likely appear again when they go back to it.

PApagreg
12-03-2016, 10:59 PM
He appears in episodes relevant to the Kraang/Utroms. He'll likely appear again when they go back to it.

Yeah like 3 episodes compare to the 2k3 Bishop who became a major player in season 3

MsMarvelDuckie
12-03-2016, 11:02 PM
(And color changing ability? I think Geckos do that?)

No, that is actually chameleons and anoles. Geckos don't change color though many do have camoflage colration and markings.

This is true.

Vegita-San
12-03-2016, 11:02 PM
I think you forgot that this show does have a ditzy, klutzy female character.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/c3f73b01866feebe935e95ad8ed22d51/tumblr_ns9nybvkcp1u3ut2ko1_400.gif

So I think that base is covered
https://33.media.tumblr.com/6af8718c6dee8f4ec9e220c20c8c5a0d/tumblr_nsjcgoyugR1tie0bno2_250.gif

I do get what you'er saying though. Possibly Irma could have fit the bill for female version of a comedically helpless character in an action show, if she didn't turn out to be Gilbert Gottfried in a robot suit that is.

Yep.. you're right. forgot about her.

Not saying you HAVE to have one in the show. but based on the logic in the last post... most female characters these days don't DARE to be klutzy or stupid. they have tend to be more girl power y.

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Yeah like 3 episodes compare to the 2k3 Bishop who became a major player in season 3

What does that have to do with anything? Nick's Bishop isn't an antagonist looking to capture mutants/aliens like 4kids, of course he's not going to be in tons of episodes. He's relevant to Kraang episodes, and I'm sure there will be more.

GoldMutant
12-03-2016, 11:05 PM

First off, stop multi-posting, you've been here longer than most of us. It's mundane.

Second off, cut the sexuality bs. Shaggy and Daphne have been portrayed better in the first few animated films (Zombie Island to Cyber Chase) in addition to Mystery Incorporated in comparison to yesteryears. Also, even if I don't fully agree with him at times, Greg provided counters of characters to your point. I can list other examples, but I'm not going to waste my breath.

Topic at hand though... Mondo is kinda middling. I mean, the design is fine and Robbie Rist is enjoyable as the character. The problem though is in the writing. I'd have no problem with Mondo needing training in Mutant Gangland especially after Annihilation: Earth! where he got his butt whipped badly. However, he's just treated as a joke. I have no problem with it, but I would like to see him get better instead of him being primarily a nostalgia bomb, both for FW fans and the movie trilogy.

PApagreg
12-03-2016, 11:06 PM
What does that have to do with anything? Nick's Bishop isn't an antagonist looking to capture mutants/aliens like 4kids, of course he's not going to be in tons of episodes. He's relevant to Kraang episodes, and I'm sure there will be more.

My point is that they don't really do anything with Bishop and they pretty much introduce him in the worst possible time(especially since season 5 is going to be more mystic focused).

CyberCubed
12-03-2016, 11:10 PM
My point is that they don't really do anything with Bishop and they pretty much introduce him in the worst possible time(especially since season 5 is going to be more mystic focused).

They introduced him during the Kraang subplot in Season 3, and he appeared again during Season 4. We'll likely see him again when the Kraang subplot ends for good.

plastroncafe
12-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Yep.. you're right. forgot about her.

Not saying you HAVE to have one in the show. but based on the logic in the last post... most female characters these days don't DARE to be klutzy or stupid. they have tend to be more girl power y.

That's what you get with tokenism. That one character has to be everything.
The alternative would be to add more female characters, but...we can't do that.

It doesn't sell enough dolls.

Utrommaniac
12-03-2016, 11:49 PM
Which likely isn't nearly enough for a big name character like Bishop. He's been taken from bad@$$ mutant-alien hunter with a terrible history, to just "mysterious bad@$$ in a nifty suit".

It seems to be the case that they rehash old characters "because they have to". Having an Utrom-Kraang debacle mixed in with everything else they're dealing with is just clutter, especially after it's been shoved aside for a while. And that show has a lot of clutter. Once Shredder's out of the way, they'll probably return focus to the Kraang.

WebLurker
12-04-2016, 12:04 AM
To the original point:

While I will concede that I'm not familiar with other versions of Mondo, I do like Nick's version. Not sure if he'd be able to hold up his own episode, but I think he works as a supporting character. At any rate, I think I like him better as the comic relief member of the Mutanimals than Pigeon Pete.

Now, I never really disliked Pete and wish that the character hadn't been dropped, since so few of Nick's original characters seem to stay around long or get overshadowed, and wanted more explanation behind his absence beyond "we don't talk about it," but as a character, Mondo is more interesting and funnier, IMHO.

Technogeek29
12-04-2016, 03:25 AM
To the original point:

While I will concede that I'm not familiar with other versions of Mondo, I do like Nick's version. Not sure if he'd be able to hold up his own episode, but I think he works as a supporting character. At any rate, I think I like him better as the comic relief member of the Mutanimals than Pigeon Pete.

Now, I never really disliked Pete and wish that the character hadn't been dropped, since so few of Nick's original characters seem to stay around long or get overshadowed, and wanted more explanation behind his absence beyond "we don't talk about it," but as a character, Mondo is more interesting and funnier, IMHO.
You'd probably like Pete in IDW I do find his weird bumbling stupidity funny there. Especially this gem
http://deadshirt.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/tmnt1.jpg

CyberCubed
12-04-2016, 04:12 AM
Pigeon Pete is supposed to be comic relief. He's like that in IDW too, so I don't see people complaining about him being "pointless."

Aaronardo
12-04-2016, 09:32 AM
There's a large difference between Pidgeon Pete and Mondo Gecko in this series.

Pete is well-written comic relief.

Mondo is not.

Pretty simple at that. If Mondo was written well I wouldn't have any problem with him, three-dimensional character or one-dimensional comic relief.

Coola Yagami
12-04-2016, 09:33 AM

Wow, you are amazing at missing the point. The point they're making is that both Bishop and Hun are major players in the 2003 show, I'm Bishop's case he's basically the main villain in Shredder's absence, and now they're both reduced to having bit parts.

ToTheNines
12-04-2016, 10:05 AM
If Mondo wasn't voiced by Rist, he'd be intolerable.

CyberCubed
12-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Wow, you are amazing at missing the point. The point they're making is that both Bishop and Hun are major players in the 2003 show, I'm Bishop's case he's basically the main villain in Shredder's absence, and now they're both reduced to having bit parts.

And you're again comparing characters from a completely different series with different roles. I could just as easily say Rat King was screwed over in 4kids because he only really appeared for 1 measly episode. A character as important as him and 4kids introduced him far too late and only gave him 1 real episode.

Most characters in 4kids outside the main villains only have a handful of appearances like Rat King, Nano, Garbageman, Quarry, Evil turtlebot, Angel, all those one-shot humans like Abigail finn and those Texans, the mob, etc.

You guys are criticizing the Nick show for doing the same thing any other Turtle show does.

plastroncafe
12-04-2016, 01:26 PM
If Mondo wasn't voiced by Rist, he'd be intolerable.

Which is funny, because Mikey on this show would be intolerable if not for the voice talents of Cipes.

CyberCubed
12-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Well technically in any show, voice acting makes or breaks a character. This is true for anything I've watched.

Some characters who would otherwise be annoying wind up being hilarious due to the voice acting and how well they're portrayed.

TMNTInsighter
12-04-2016, 03:04 PM
picasso, Jeph, Aaronardo, even Nines are right. While I liked him, at least for the most part, in his debut episode and don't think he's completely unnecessary he was an absolute disaster in "Mutant Gangland". Not only was Pete's absence and Mondo's taking over that role not well handled, they were trying way too hard with his character--possibly to justify the move from Pete to him, but when you try as hard as they did in terms of comic relief (for that one episode at least) you run the risk of making that character forced, annoying, and tiresome. Still, it speaks to Rist's ability that he never makes Mondo boring (therefore the tiresome part didn't enter my mind at least).
And granted there wasn't that much more to Pete but there seemed to be quite a bit of potential. Slash's support and care towards him suggested that, and Pete was a character who seemingly did what he could to be a part of the team even with what little skills he had. I'm sure his departure had something to do with his VA wanting to go elsewhere, studio conflicts, or something like that but it's still kinda sad that he pretty much went away without a trace.

CyberCubed
12-04-2016, 03:51 PM
I severely doubt Pete's VA is the reason he didn't appear in the last ep. They can only use a certain amount of voices per episode and he was irrelevant to that particular ep

ToTheNines
12-04-2016, 04:35 PM
even Nines

Go marry your cousin.

Coola Yagami
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
And you're again comparing characters from a completely different series with different roles. I could just as easily say Rat King was screwed over in 4kids because he only really appeared for 1 measly episode. A character as important as him and 4kids introduced him far too late and only gave him 1 real episode.

Most characters in 4kids outside the main villains only have a handful of appearances like Rat King, Nano, Garbageman, Quarry, Evil turtlebot, Angel, all those one-shot humans like Abigail finn and those Texans, the mob, etc.

You guys are criticizing the Nick show for doing the same thing any other Turtle show does.

I agree with rat king, one character that the 4kids show screwed up on. But just because they screwed up doesn't mean future shows have to purposely screw up the same way.

And um... other than Rat King, none of those people you listed from the 4kids show matter and don't really NEED to be in the 2012 show.

PApagreg
12-04-2016, 10:39 PM

Okay nobody is saying that the 2k3 incarnation never had any one off villians and nobody is giving the 2k12 version crap for the one off villains. The reason(or one of the reasons) why we are giving the 2k12 crap is because the 2k3 characters(who were major players in their own respective series) only appear in single digit episodes. So with the exception of the Rat King those characters were D class supporting characters who weren't major players

CyberCubed
12-04-2016, 11:47 PM
Okay nobody is saying that the 2k3 incarnation never had any one off villians and nobody is giving the 2k12 version crap for the one off villains. The reason(or one of the reasons) why we are giving the 2k12 crap is because the 2k3 characters(who were major players in their own respective series) only appear in single digit episodes. So with the exception of the Rat King those characters were D class supporting characters who weren't major players

So then what's the point? Just because Hun and Bishop were major villains in one particular show doesn't mean they have to be in this one. Your argument is they're not the same? Bishop isn't even an antagonist in this show so its completely different.

I fail to see the logic here. There's no rule in certain characters have to be used more than others. Leatherhead didn't even appear in IDW for over 50 issues and nobody is making a big deal out of it when he's a major character introduced early in every other incarnation.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-05-2016, 02:33 PM
Go marry your cousin.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54c7b0a1e4b02ad05e8b9841/t/559aba41e4b07172a3104bce/1436203586567/cousin-marriage-map

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-05-2016, 02:42 PM
I call BS on that graphic.

No way is California less redneck than Texas.

Technogeek29
12-05-2016, 03:56 PM

Rat King appears in two episodes "Bishop's Gambit" and "I Monster"

CyberCubed
12-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Rat King appears in two episodes "Bishop's Gambit" and "I Monster"

He didn't become Rat King till his second episode. He was a clone cyborg Bishop in the first.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
He didn't become Rat King till his second episode. He was a clone cyborg Bishop in the first.

But did he marry his first cousin?

neatoman
12-05-2016, 04:18 PM
But did he marry his first cousin?

Depends, would you consider him Bishop's brother or son?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Depends, would you consider him Bishop's brother or son?

:tlol:

Is it murder if I kill my own clones?
I'm seriously asking.

plastroncafe
12-05-2016, 04:29 PM

I'm seriously asking.

Yes.
Clones are just identical twins.

That said, this is only true once you've exited the womb.

PApagreg
12-05-2016, 04:50 PM

I'm seriously asking.

No Krieger that would be suicide

So then what's the point? Just because Hun and Bishop were major villains in one particular show doesn't mean they have to be in this one. Your argument is they're not the same? Bishop isn't even an antagonist in this show so its completely different.

No my argument is that both Hun and Bishop barely appear in the Nick series despite being big name characters if your reading comprehension was above that of a second grader you know that, its like the equivalent of having a Spiderman series and have the Green Goblin appear in 2 episodes.

I fail to see the logic here. There's no rule in certain characters have to be used more than others. Leatherhead didn't even appear in IDW for over 50 issues and nobody is making a big deal out of it when he's a major character introduced early in every other incarnation.

When you borrow big players from other incarnations and give them a minuscule of appearances people tend to get annoyed also I was never mad at the series for showing Hun or Bishop in season 3 however the reason why I said that Bishop should've been in this series earlier was because the Kraang played a huge part in seasons 1 and 2 which ment more appearances for Bishop. The point I'm trying to make is that these big named players are rarely being used to the point that the writers should't have slapped iconic names to them.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-05-2016, 07:25 PM
Yes.
Clones are just identical twins.

That said, this is only true once you've exited the womb.

Tell that to Shinzon. :twink:

No Krieger that would be suicide.

You. I like you. Clone bone!

CyberCubed
12-05-2016, 08:04 PM
No my argument is that both Hun and Bishop barely appear in the Nick series despite being big name characters if your reading comprehension was above that of a second grader you know that, its like the equivalent of having a Spiderman series and have the Green Goblin appear in 2 episodes.

Who said Bishop and Hun HAVE to be major characters? You're again using precedent from a previous show. They don't HAVE to be major characters in this show. No character has to be the same as any other series.

By that logic Bebop/Rocksteady not being introduced until Season 3 in Nick would be odd since they were there from the start in the OT. Characters don't have to have the same size roles from one show to the next. And as said, Nick's Bishop isn't a villain so he wouldn't be out there starting trouble for the Turtles.

I said that Bishop should've been in this series earlier was because the Kraang played a huge part in seasons 1 and 2 which ment more appearances for Bishop. The point I'm trying to make is that these big named players are rarely being used to the point that the writers should't have slapped iconic names to them.

Either way, I'm sure when they close out the Kraang arc we'll see Bishop and the Utroms once more.

Technogeek29
12-05-2016, 08:11 PM
Who said Bishop and Hun HAVE to be major characters? You're again using precedent from a previous show. They don't HAVE to be major characters in this show. No character has to be the same as any other series.

By that logic Bebop/Rocksteady not being introduced until Season 3 in Nick would be odd since they were there from the start in the OT. Characters don't have to have the same size roles from one show to the next. And as said, Nick's Bishop isn't a villain so he wouldn't be out there starting trouble for the Turtles.

Either way, I'm sure when they close out the Kraang arc we'll see Bishop and the Utroms once more.

Ignoring Bebop & Rocksteady were added because they were popular and most fans recognize them. Which seem to be the point with Hun until recent developments. Be honest did we really need Bebop and Rocksteady in this version?

CyberCubed
12-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Ignoring Bebop & Rocksteady were added because they were popular and most fans recognize them. Which seem to be the point with Hun until recent developments. Be honest did we really need Bebop and Rocksteady in this version?

I quite like Nick's Bebop and Rocksteady so yes. Beats seeing the same two mutants beaten over and over.

ssjup81
12-05-2016, 09:03 PM
I think the main thing I like about Mondo Gecko, is the fact that Robbie Rist is voicing him. His origin for this version is okay and is closer to the source material. I prefer his Nick origin to the forced, convoluted story they came up with for the OT.

Is he useless? Probably. Itís not like he can do much of anything since as a human he wasnít set up to be ďusefulĒ as far as fighting went. He was a stoned skater dude for this continuity. Okay, maybe ďstonedĒ is harsh, but I could see a character like his being on something. Seriously, who accepts his mutation that easily?

Now, do I like this character? I donít know. I neither like, nor dislike himÖlike the other multitude of characters in this series. It takes a lot for me to straight up dislike or hate a character, which is why my list of characters that fall into this category is incredibly small. I may dislike things a character may do, but not dislike or hate the character. So yeah, I donít dislike Mondo Gecko in this series. Getting down to it, I donít think I hate any character thatís appeared in this series so far. Iíve disliked things said or done by characters, but I didnít dislike the character itself.

PApagreg
12-05-2016, 09:12 PM

For the hundredth thousandth time I'm not talking about their change in character but their relevancy if they are going to barely appear in the series you might as well make them original characters.

Thats a horrible analogy because like I said I didn't care that Hun wasn't in season 1 just the fact hes barely relevant in this series, like I said previously if you aren't going to use the characters just make new ones.

I doubt it season 5 is going to have Karvkass as the main antagonist and the 3 parter with Usagi.

CyberCubed
12-05-2016, 09:24 PM
I doubt it season 5 is going to have Karvkass as the main antagonist and the 3 parter with Usagi.

Season 5 has 20 episodes. They're not all going to be focused on one thing. Its rather obvious Kraang will get some final arc by the end of the show, they're treated almost as important as Shredder as villains.

Jephael
12-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Go marry your cousin.
http://static1.squarespace.com/static/54c7b0a1e4b02ad05e8b9841/t/559aba41e4b07172a3104bce/1436203586567/cousin-marriage-map
I call BS on that graphic.

No way is California less redneck than Texas.

Not as bad as what goes on in Game of Thrones.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c2/73/6d/c2736db6701be8cada620c74f0b04244.jpg

WebLurker
12-05-2016, 10:58 PM
No Krieger that would be suicide

Don't think so. A clone is a different person from the donor of the DNA. (Case in point, identical twins are naturally created clones, but are their own distinct person.

I'm not sure any of them are that big a name (certainly nowhere near Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Karai, Baxter Stockman, etc.). On top of that, Hun has made several appearances to date. Finally, neither of them are a Green Goblin-level TMNT character in the first place.

Speaking of Spider-Man, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, as I recall, only had one Green Goblin episode, so it can be done. Also, he has appeared sparingly in other series and versions as well.

When you borrow big players from other incarnations and give them a minuscule of appearances people tend to get annoyed also I was never mad at the series for showing Hun or Bishop in season 3 however the reason why I said that Bishop should've been in this series earlier was because the Kraang played a huge part in seasons 1 and 2 which ment more appearances for Bishop. The point I'm trying to make is that these big named players are rarely being used to the point that the writers should't have slapped iconic names to them.

The Nick show does have its own big players, so it can't give every single character ever created a big role. On top of that, like any adaptation, it's going to focus on some stuff and less on others (like how 2k3 went heavy on the supernatural, while Nick has done more with sci-fi). You have to take things in the context of what works for the specific adaptation.

For example, Spider-Man 3 gets a lot of flack for how it presented Gwen Stacy in a minor role, despite the fact that in this specific film series, presenting her in her classic role as Spider-Man's first serious girlfriend wouldn't work, since Mary Jane was already slotted in there, and had in fact taken on several of comic Gwen's traits and story beats already. The original Gwen story wasn't the story that the movies were being told, so they put her in a way that would fit this story. (In fact, Gwen was originally going to be a brand-new character. She was made Gwen to make her a familiar face to fans.

So, my opinion boils down to the suggestions that A.) Bishop and Hun are C-level TMNT characters, not A or B ones, B.) they've been used as much as they're needed for this specific adaptation of TMNT, and C.) basing them off preexisting characters made them more important to the audience than just making up new ones.

Technogeek29
12-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Don't think so. A clone is a different person from the donor of the DNA. (Case in point, identical twins are naturally created clones, but are their own distinct person.

I'm not sure any of them are that big a name (certainly nowhere near Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Karai, Baxter Stockman, etc.). On top of that, Hun has made several appearances to date. Finally, neither of them are a Green Goblin-level TMNT character in the first place.

Speaking of Spider-Man, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, as I recall, only had one Green Goblin episode, so it can be done. Also, he has appeared sparingly in other series and versions as well.

The Nick show does have its own big players, so it can't give every single character ever created a big role. On top of that, like any adaptation, it's going to focus on some stuff and less on others (like how 2k3 went heavy on the supernatural, while Nick has done more with sci-fi). You have to take things in the context of what works for the specific adaptation.

For example, Spider-Man 3 gets a lot of flack for how it presented Gwen Stacy in a minor role, despite the fact that in this specific film series, presenting her in her classic role as Spider-Man's first serious girlfriend wouldn't work, since Mary Jane was already slotted in there, and had in fact taken on several of comic Gwen's traits and story beats already. The original Gwen story wasn't the story that the movies were being told, so they put her in a way that would fit this story. (In fact, Gwen was originally going to be a brand-new character. She was made Gwen to make her a familiar face to fans.

So, my opinion boils down to the suggestions that A.) Bishop and Hun are C-level TMNT characters, not A or B ones, B.) they've been used as much as they're needed for this specific adaptation of TMNT, and C.) basing them off preexisting characters made them more important to the audience than just making up new ones.

To be fair, most didn't know who Karai was until 2k3 since then she is on a first name basis as Krang and the rest.

Coola Yagami
12-06-2016, 12:00 AM
Bebop and Rocksteady were cool, but they really didn't need to be here, especially with Tigerclaw. It's the writers' own fault they nerfed Chris and Xever so badly. I mean why even bother with the double mutation if Rahzar was gonna be such a punk?

And Hun... I kinda felt they wanted a Bruce Lee character but decided to slap the name Hun on him to shut up the 2K3 fans that were complaining that the show was mostly focused on the 80s version and nothing else.

Likewise Bishop. Slap some shades on a Kraang, call him Bishop and call it a day.

Either way, Mondo Gecko deserved better, especially since he was more formidable in other versions.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Bebop and Rocksteady were cool, but they really didn't need to be here, especially with Tigerclaw. It's the writers' own fault they nerfed Chris and Xever so badly. I mean why even bother with the double mutation if Rahzar was gonna be such a punk?

Rahzar was quite strong for a while before he started to become fodder. And Bebop/Rocksteady were a much needed breath of fresh air, I don't want to see Rahzar/Fishface beaten over and over. They were already becoming fodder even before Bebop/Rocksteady showed up.

And Hun... I kinda felt they wanted a Bruce Lee character but decided to slap the name Hun on him to shut up the 2K3 fans that were complaining that the show was mostly focused on the 80s version and nothing else.

Likewise Bishop. Slap some shades on a Kraang, call him Bishop and call it a day.

I'll give you Hun, but Bishop is pretty true to his design. All you need is a guy in a suit with glasses. Him being an Utrom is a clever twist and I consider it a homage to Shredder being an Utrom in 2k3.

Either way, Mondo Gecko deserved better, especially since he was more formidable in other versions.

Yes, because Mondo's grand total of 2 episodes in the OT and being in the background for most of Archie's run after his initial issue and then being killed off was "so much formidable."

PApagreg
12-06-2016, 12:22 AM

Well a clone isn't really a different person and the difference between an actually twin and a clone in this case was made by the original(also my statement was more of a joke

I say Hun is in the same level as B&R sure he hasn't had the movie appearance in OOTS but he has been in a few pieces of media also I will give you the SAHF.

Never said the Nick show didn't have any big players.

Well thats the thing Spiderman 3 should've just made their own character instead of giving us Gwen Stacy lite, call he Carol or something because you are better off giving us an original character

A) I consider Hun to be more of a B list character imo B.) They appeared in at most 7 episodes like I said you are better of naming the Hun guy Khan or something or give a different name to the Bishop character C) Thats being emotional manipulative which in turn makes the people who are fans of these characters annoyed like I said they would be much better off making new characters

Rahzar was quite strong for a while before he started to become fodder. And Bebop/Rocksteady were a much needed breath of fresh air, I don't want to see Rahzar/Fishface beaten over and over. They were already becoming fodder even before Bebop/Rocksteady showed up.

Then have them stronger or make them splinter off from Shredder, you can do so much with Bradford and Xever but the writers kinda wasted them

Coola Yagami
12-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Yes, because Mondo's grand total of 2 episodes in the OT and being in the background for most of Archie's run after his initial issue and then being killed off was "so much formidable."

So much more formidable than what we see here. I don't remember seeing him being a wimp that only gets in the way in those other versions. And you can't blame him for getting killed off since they killed off all the mutanimals including classic character leatherhead.

Coola Yagami
12-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Then have them stronger or make them splinter off from Shredder, you can do so much with Bradford and Xever but the writers kinda wasted them

Exactly. What was the point of Rahzar if he was gonna suck two eps later (Eps he's in, that is)? They threw in Tiger claw, they could have made more mutants, no real need for B+R. Again, I like these versions and they're a fresh take, but the show wouldn't have suffered had they not been introduced.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 01:36 AM
So much more formidable than what we see here. I don't remember seeing him being a wimp that only gets in the way in those other versions. And you can't blame him for getting killed off since they killed off all the mutanimals including classic character leatherhead.

The point is Mondo Gecko has never been a major character. You seem to be wearing rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

I just re-read the entire Archie run earlier this year. After Mondo's initial debut issue and his brief stint with Raph when they went to Malinga's ship, he barely does anything while he's with the Mutanimals....then he gets killed off. And his only other incarnation was 2 episodes in the OT.

He's essentially a toy character and that's all he ever was.

Technogeek29
12-06-2016, 02:31 AM
The point is Mondo Gecko has never been a major character. You seem to be wearing rose-tinted nostalgia glasses.

I just re-read the entire Archie run earlier this year. After Mondo's initial debut issue and his brief stint with Raph when they went to Malinga's ship, he barely does anything while he's with the Mutanimals....then he gets killed off. And his only other incarnation was 2 episodes in the OT.

He's essentially a toy character and that's all he ever was.

Mondo in IDW seems to be a bit of a Petrohead able to camouflage, fights in a Capoeira style and isn't above playing dirty. Far more is done with the character there.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 02:44 AM
Mondo in IDW seems to be a bit of a Petrohead able to camouflage, fights in a Capoeira style and isn't above playing dirty. Far more is done with the character there.

He is handled well in IDW so far, but still a third-tier character overall.

Jephael
12-06-2016, 04:24 PM
He is handled well in IDW so far, but still a third-tier character overall.

Who died and made you judge and jury in regards to popularity of fictional characters? Mondo Gecko is just as beloved as Michelangelo himself, and those of us who enjoyed his depiction in the Archie comics are within our rights to say how we feel about this version of him. Just because you put the Nickelodeon cartoon on a pedestal it doesn't mean the rest of us have to!!! The show has its flaws, especially when it comes to certain characters' personalities.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Who died and made you judge and jury in regards to popularity of fictional characters? Mondo Gecko is just as beloved as Michelangelo himself, .

LOL, there is no way in hell this is true and you can't even think this.

Michelangelo, one of the main characters of the series and in every incarnation, and you're saying Mondo Gecko, a mutant friend who only has very small amount of appearances in every incarnation, was completely gone from 1993-2014 before he was revived by IDW, and is a third tier that most people won't think of as anything more than a toy, and you're saying he's as popular as a Turtle himself?

Leatherhead is the most popular mutant ally of the Turtles, being that he's the most exposed in every incarnation.

Jephael
12-06-2016, 04:47 PM
LOL, there is no way in hell this is true and you can't even think this.

Michelangelo, one of the main characters of the series and in every incarnation, and you're saying Mondo Gecko, a mutant friend who only has very small amount of appearances in every incarnation, was completely gone from 1993-2014 before he was revived by IDW, and is a third tier that most people won't think of as anything more than a toy, and you're saying he's as popular as a Turtle himself?

Leatherhead is the most popular mutant ally of the Turtles, being that he's the most exposed in every incarnation.

Um you do know that Leatherhead was from the original Mirage comics right? That's why he was in your precious 4Kids cartoon and none of the other Mutanimals were even referenced, which I for one find really sad.

Just because certain characters don't get as much time to shine, doesn't mean you can dismiss them as forgettable like that. Haven't you ever heard of the term "quality over quantity"?

ToTheNines
12-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Mondo Gecko is just as beloved as Michelangelo himself.

You know this is not true, Jeph.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Um you do know that Leatherhead was from the original Mirage comics right? That's why he was in your precious 4Kids cartoon and none of the other Mutanimals were even referenced, which I for one find really sad.

What does that have to do with anything I said? Leatherhead has been in nearly every incarnation, is the most exposed mutant ally of the Turtles in every series. He's in the videogames as bosses, he debuted in Mirage, etc.

None of the other mutant ally characters are even remotely as popular. You do realize the Archie comics themselves are now rather obscure outside the 90's fans who grew up with them right?

I'd wager a large chunk of the current TMNT fanbase has never read the Archie run, or at least not most of it.

Jephael
12-06-2016, 05:27 PM
You do realize the Archie comics themselves are now rather obscure outside the 90's fans who grew up with them right?

Uh last time I checked, IDW has been re-releasing them as collected books, so kids of today have just as much a chance of getting into them as kids of my day.

I'd wager a large chunk of the current TMNT fanbase has never read the Archie run, or at least not most of it.

Yea, because all that's left around here are narrow-minded twerps like you who have little to no respect for who came before. I get so sick of you acting like you're the foremost authority of everything there is to know about the Ninja Turtles. Never in my life have I met somebody who acts so entitled when it comes to a property that's meant for everybody to enjoy and cherish. Atleast some people I know take their love for the franchise and do something positive with it instead of trying to put it on a pedestal for their own self centered reasons.

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Uh last time I checked, IDW has been re-releasing them as collected books, so kids of today have just as much a chance of getting into them as kids of my day.

Even so, its probably only a small fraction of current fans.

Yea, because all that's left around here are narrow-minded twerps like you who have little to no respect for who came before.

LOL, I grew up with the Archie comics in the 90's alongside the cartoon and own every single issue. I've also re-read the series numerous times over the last 15 years. You really think I have no idea "what came before?" I've watched/read every single TMNT incarnation.

I get so sick of you acting like you're the foremost authority of everything there is to know about the Ninja Turtles. Never in my life have I met somebody who acts so entitled when it comes to a property that's meant for everybody to enjoy and cherish. Atleast some people I know take their love for the franchise and do something positive with it instead of trying to put it on a pedestal for their own self centered reasons.

All I said was Mondo Gecko isn't that important a TMNT character. Prior to IDW/Nick's revival, he barely has any screentime in past incarnations. His stint in Archie was severely short lived due to the Mutanimals being killed off fast.

Vegita-San
12-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Yea, because all that's left around here are narrow-minded twerps like you who have little to no respect for who came before. I get so sick of you acting like you're the foremost authority of everything there is to know about the Ninja Turtles. Never in my life have I met somebody who acts so entitled when it comes to a property that's meant for everybody to enjoy and cherish. Atleast some people I know take their love for the franchise and do something positive with it instead of trying to put it on a pedestal for their own self centered reasons.

I wish we could like posts around here :)

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 06:03 PM
I wish we could like posts around here :)

This is coming from a guy who constantly goes into threads whining about how bad the Nick cartoon non-stop? You could you know, not post in the Nick section if you don't like it.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Children everywhere. The statistics regarding lead paint consumption must be staggering.

Metalwolf
12-06-2016, 08:52 PM

So, if Bebop and Rocksteady showed up from the get-go, would you be just as tired seeing them get endlessly beat on?

CyberCubed
12-06-2016, 09:39 PM
So, if Bebop and Rocksteady showed up from the get-go, would you be just as tired seeing them get endlessly beat on?

Well, obviously. Not sure what point you're getting at here? Seeing the same two mutants beaten over and over no matter who they are is of course going to be tiresome. At least now with Bebop/Rocksteady arrival in mid-Season 3, we don't have to sit through Rahzar/Fishface beaten for the millionth time.

Just in last new episode we had Casey take out both Rahzar, Tiger Claw and Fishface as if they were nothing.

Tarris Vaal
12-07-2016, 07:27 AM
The problem here seems to be power creep though doesn't it?

I mean, if every introduced villain remained the massive threat that they were upon introduction then you would end up with the turtles being beaten senseless constantly - to the point where any victory seems almost impossible. Every bit of action would have such high stakes to it, that we'd swiftly grow jaded to it.

You could say that, in that case, the turtles would need to be shown to be getting progressively more powerful and skilled to match - but that IS what we have been getting. The turtles are regularly shown training and the support cast especially (April/Casey) have been shown to get new training, tricks and tech support (space pucks for example).

The only other sensible alternative - if you were to keep bad guys at such a high threat level - would be to take the route of killing them off or crippling them regularly, allowing the next one to take their place or for them to be 'upgraded' themselves.

We kinda got that with Baxter and certainly got that with Rahzar and Shredder.

As for Mondo - I know a lot of people seem to want him to be a good fighter, but .... why? Does every character have to be? He seems to fulfill the scout role that Pete had for the Mutanimals. Is that not sufficient? Does every minor support character have to be a decent fighter as well?
In that case why are we not getting anyone here complaining that someone like Kirby is not ex navy seals and breaks buildings with his bare hands?

Mondo might be popular with some, but he is not - and never should be - considered a 'fighter'. He's a civilian who happened to get mutated, thats all.

PApagreg
12-07-2016, 09:15 AM
The problem here seems to be power creep though doesn't it?

I mean, if every introduced villain remained the massive threat that they were upon introduction then you would end up with the turtles being beaten senseless constantly - to the point where any victory seems almost impossible. Every bit of action would have such high stakes to it, that we'd swiftly grow jaded to it.

Well not necessarily you can still have villains who remained a threat and still have the characters beat them. Take ATLA for example, Ty Lee and Mai despite being decayed a little, still remained tough opponents for the heroes to defeat over the course of the series. Or in any Spiderman series where Spidy has to fight more powerhouses opponents like Rhino or Sandman instead of fighting some of the bigger guys head on have your characters use their environments to their advantage. Have the character use different strategies for each opponent so it would both feel like the characters are trying and each villain has a unique flair to them.

You could say that, in that case, the turtles would need to be shown to be getting progressively more powerful and skilled to match - but that IS what we have been getting. The turtles are regularly shown training and the support cast especially (April/Casey) have been shown to get new training, tricks and tech support (space pucks for example).

them to be 'upgraded' themselves.

We kinda got that with Baxter and certainly got that with Rahzar and Shredder.

I mean you can do that to the villains, Baxter is the resident tech expert so I don't see how he can give cybernetic upgrades to Shredder's enforcers or better yet Shredder has crap tons of Foot bots so maybe his enforcers could train with them until they get better. Or we can see them in separate missions and have them seem competent.

As for Mondo - I know a lot of people seem to want him to be a good fighter, but .... why? Does every character have to be? He seems to fulfill the scout role that Pete had for the Mutanimals. Is that not sufficient? Does every minor support character have to be a decent fighter as well?
In that case why are we not getting anyone here complaining that someone like Kirby is not ex navy seals and breaks buildings with his bare hands?

Mondo might be popular with some, but he is not - and never should be - considered a 'fighter'. He's a civilian who happened to get mutated, thats all.

Well we don't really see him fulfill the role and during said episode we see him act annoying and get captured. If the writers want Mondo to have non combat role thats fine but all we are asking for him is to be useful.

victory_angel
12-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Well we don't really see him fulfill the role and during said episode we see him act annoying and get captured. If the writers want Mondo to have noncombat role that's fine but all we are asking for him is to be useful.

Mondo is just one of those characters who means well, he wants to be useful, but beyond moral support (and even then that is a stretch) he really doesn't have anything to offer.

He essentially trying to fit in and earn his place on his team and new found family, but he's so invested in trying to be someone they can depend on. That he doesn't stop to consider what he is truly capable of.

Jephael
12-09-2016, 07:50 PM
The statistics regarding lead paint consumption must be staggering.

I don't remember ever inhaling paint chips in my youth, but I did get a bar of soap in my mouth for swearing in front of my parents a few times. Could that've effected my mental development?

http://i.memecaptain.com/gend_images/57N5gA.jpg