PDA

View Full Version : Turtle's Christmas VS Alpha's Magical Christmas

thundermaster612
12-03-2016, 05:43 AM
This thread is for the Power Rangers fans. I decided to watch Alpha's Magical Christmas because its December and the wiki said it was sort of like We Wish you a Turtle's Christmas. But anyways I believe it's time to compare, which is worse/better: Alpha's Magical Christmas or We Wish you a Turtles Christmas? I'm leaning towards AMC. Also please keep the conversation about Power Rangers within the Mighty Morphin seasons because that's when this took place and I don't want spoilers for other seasons I'm going to watch.

Oh yeah, here are links for people who want to see them:
AMC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wu6btCUd_Q
WWTC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6grWQ55VAI

LeotheLateBloomer
12-03-2016, 06:27 AM
As much as I love both, I wish people would cease making comparisons between the two.

Anyway, I remember watching both as a kid but I found Alpha's Magical Christmas to be boring. Maybe because I've always loved TMNT more than PR even as a kid. It really depends on whether you prefer something to be so bad, it's laughable or so bad, that it's boring. I prefer the former so I'd go with WWYATC even if I don't like the special as much as an adult. Turtle Tunes made me shutter, though.

Tetsu Deinonychus
12-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Turtle Christmas is more ridiculous and insane, and therefore more fun to watch. They're both pretty "so bad it's good" and make for a fun double feature, though.

ZariusTwo
12-04-2016, 11:23 AM
I prefer I'm Dreaming of a White Ranger to AMC. It involves the Rangers more and there's at least an attempt at some sort of threat to Santa and his workshop.

MikeandRaph87
12-04-2016, 12:23 PM
Turtle Christmas is more ridiculous and insane, and therefore more fun to watch. They're both pretty "so bad it's good" and make for a fun double feature, though.

Agreed with this. I prefer Ninja Turtles because I always loved TMNT much more and prefer the concept. Sure TMNT was corny but it had a charm about it. I still think of a few moments in there to this day like the pun of the wrap rap title or Micheangelo spontaneously doing a spin of 'Oh, Little Town of Bethlehem' or wishing Shredder a Merry Christmas and realizing what they sang. The one thing about Alpha's Magical Christmas I liked had nothing to with it's premise. It was the fact that the Green Ranger appears after he was swapped out in favor of the White Ranger creating a 'what if' where he remained Green,but half the team still left'

sdp
12-04-2016, 01:20 PM
I'm a fan of both but turtles Christmas is genuinely entertaining for me while alphas magical Christmas is more of a what the heck interesting.

pferreira
12-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Say what you will about Alpha's Magical Christmas but at least the production values for that are consistent with the Power Rangers series.