PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Episode of Powers Unleashed Arc

matteso586
12-06-2016, 01:55 PM
What do you think is the best episode of the Powers Unleashed arc? And why?

snake
12-06-2016, 02:46 PM
Both super shredder episodes were 10/10

ssjup81
12-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Can't choose. Need a fourth option. I liked all three.

neatoman
12-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Darkest Plight, if for no other reason than the adaptation.

Vicky82
12-06-2016, 03:01 PM
Darkest Plight, it was awesome.

Aaronardo
12-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Darkest Plight is easily my favorite episode this whole season. Super Shredder is up there quite far as well, but Darkest Plight just blows everything else this season straight out of the water.

And Power Inside Her was disappointing imo.

Jephael
12-06-2016, 04:27 PM
Gotta say, I loved how "Darkest Plight" included the Rat King/Splinter storyarc from Mirage's City at War!!!

matteso586
12-07-2016, 06:17 AM
Looks like we got some voters that didn't explain their reasons.

TMNTInsighter
12-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Looks like we got some voters that didn't explain their reasons.

OK here I go.

I voted for "Darkest Plight" because there were more layers to it. First off, I was really surprised that they would focus on the Rat King and bring him back--even in the way that they did, because this season has a lot to cover with so little time left: Karai trying to finalize her hold over the Foot Clan, Shinigami's development, introducing Alopex (and quite possibly Kavaxas), wrapping up the Super Shredder thread, etc. But how they did it made it all worth it! The switch from Rat King trying to control Splinter telepathically to making him go mad the old fashioned way was brilliant, especially with all the physical pains he was enduring. The inclusion of Tang Shen was absolutely paramount in Splinter's mind since she is a true mother and wife figure and perhaps the most angelic figure in this series--let alone the franchise and not just its Uncle Ben. She may be gone but it's her memory in Splinter's heart that helped save him the most, not just his new family. It also speaks volumes of his character that he would acknowledge Rat King as a teacher after the struggles he endured. It was also beautifully ironic having Splinter's heart be what saved him but what almost killed Shredder when Karai stabbed him in it after a tired and restless (in more ways than one) Saki asked her to indulge his delusions. A special nod has to go to Casey who, after a bad entrance, turns the tables by saving the day via making idiots (B&R of course) out of somebody else.