PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see Razhar turn back into Dogpound?

FredWolfLeonardo
12-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Just a thought that crossed my mind, when I remembered that Razhar isn't anywhere as threatening as his first episode (he was so much creepier looking back in his debut!).

That got me thinking, while Razhar has certainly suffered from villain decay, I don't ever remember his previous forme suffering the same fate. Intact, I remember all of Dogpounds appearances as pretty menancing and he was able to take on all four turtles for the most part.

So in short, my question is, do you want to see Dogpound make a return? I certainly do, and I think its very possible with retro mutagen, but Id like to hear your thoughts

DestronMirage22
12-07-2016, 08:09 PM
I doubt it would happen, seeing as how the show's ending soon. It wouldn't last long and would just be a waste for it to happen and only last half a season or a few episodes or whatever. :ohwell:

Storm Eagle
12-07-2016, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't mind if he turned back into Chris Bradford.

Autbot_Benz
12-07-2016, 08:32 PM
no Razhar is awesome I didn't care for dogpound

CyberCubed
12-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Dogpound was a very boring design.

sdp
12-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Dogpound was cool and I was mad they changed him into Rahzar since he didn't even feel like Rahzar and just did it to pander to the adults who watched the show. The damage is done though.

CyberCubed
12-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Dogpound was cool and I was mad they changed him into Rahzar since he didn't even feel like Rahzar and just did it to pander to the adults who watched the show. The damage is done though.

Rahzar's design is much better than some giant looking dog.

Cure
12-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Nah, leave him as Razhar. Dogpound is lame.

Candy Kappa
12-08-2016, 02:54 AM
Dogpound was a lame design.

I'd much more prefer he'd turn back to human, Chris and Xever.

Vicky82
12-08-2016, 03:03 AM
I prefer Rahzar, he's more deadly because he's got very sharp bones that could kill people.

THGhost
12-08-2016, 05:39 AM
One word - No.

Metalwolf
12-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Nope, he's better as Rahzar. I'm curious how they might end him though.

TMNTInsighter
12-08-2016, 09:11 AM
No. Why would they do that any way--if they could even do it at all? It doesn't make any sense.

BTW retro mutagen would just turn him back into Bradford, and if I remember correctly from his debut episode, he said he liked his new Razhar form. Also, I could swear that the last time we've even seen retro mutagen was in "Battle for New York" so that plot device has suffered quite some decay itself as of late.

PApagreg
12-08-2016, 09:55 AM

This and I also would't mind if Fishface turned into back into Xever

I prefer Rahzar, he's more deadly because he's got very sharp bones that could kill people.

He also had big fists that could kill people so don't see how him having sharp bones is a major upgrade

neatoman
12-08-2016, 10:24 AM

This is something I agree with wholeheartedly.

Bradford, alongside his fellow henchmen Xever, Steranko, Zeck and Stockman, seemed to be perfectly crafted characters in their own right. What did turning them into mutants honestly do. make them marketable as action figures? if anything, it made them less interesting as characters.

Hell, while we're at it, what did turning Karai into a snake do? I think I said it before, but all that did was to help stretch out the story for two more seasons and give Karai some powers that really haven't been that important since she puked out that worm.

Metalwolf
12-08-2016, 04:28 PM
No. Why would they do that any way--if they could even do it at all? It doesn't make any sense.

BTW retro mutagen would just turn him back into Bradford, and if I remember correctly from his debut episode, he said he liked his new Razhar form. Also, I could swear that the last time we've even seen retro mutagen was in "Battle for New York" so that plot device has suffered quite some decay itself as of late.
If it even still can. It seems anything mutated with anything other then basic mutagen has trouble getting turned back into whatever it was, like how they can't even demutate Karai. But somebody getting a double dose of mutagen, would that even still be curable? They already have their cells/DNA altered, then they get altered again from this alteration with the mutagen making the cells/DNA even more f'ed up, I would be surprised if a cure is even possible.

I could easily be wrong of course, but it just feels like it would logically be one of the incurable ones simply from the more extreme nature of it.

Powder
12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
I liked Dogpound a lot, but no, it wouldn't make sense. A complete de-mutation restoring him to his human self would be fine, though.

IndigoErth
12-08-2016, 06:03 PM
I know it's just a cartoon and it's full of cartoon magic anyhow, but there just isn't enough flesh on him to work with anymore, if he did it would bug me how he'd managed to turn back.

Jephael
12-09-2016, 06:55 PM
This thread reminds me of that time I asked what a shot of retro-mutagen would do to Rahzar. I'm still curious to see what'd they do. It's really up to the writers if he'd turn back into Dogpound or revert to Bradford.

Aaronardo
12-09-2016, 07:10 PM
I love Dogpound, but I also really love Rahzar, especially his design. I think this show should explore double-mutation more instead. That has potential to be a cool episode, or, at best, a damn good arc.

WebLurker
12-10-2016, 07:14 PM
BTW retro mutagen would just turn him back into Bradford, and if I remember correctly from his debut episode, he said he liked his new Razhar form.

Sort-of. He preferred his Rahzar form to his Dogpound one. However, he still wanted to be de-mutated; in "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman," he works really hard to get the retromutagen vials for himself. On the other hand, in recent episodes, he's expressed some disturbing ideas, like wanting to eat Casey's bones in "Casey Jones Vs. the Underworld" and insisting that they (he, Tiger Claw, and Fishface) eat Karai and Shinigami when they captured them.

Also, I could swear that the last time we've even seen retro mutagen was in "Battle for New York" so that plot device has suffered quite some decay itself as of late.

They also used retromutagen on Creepweed in "The Creeping Doom," and when they realize that Shredder mutated himself, Donnie comments that it would take time to make retromutagen if they wanted to try and de-mutate him (either in "The Super Shredder" or "Darkes Plight").

Personally, I prefer Bradford as Rahzar, so I don't want to see him be de-mutated or triple mutated.

MCLeo28
12-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Dogpound imposes arbitrary limitations not only on Chris Bradford, but on the writers as well. A lot of the fight scenes worked rather well because Rahzar was actually mobile and could engage in high-speed combat. Hindering his mobility puts a damper on what the writers can do in their fight scenes. Rahzar was a very necessary and much appreciated decision for the writers IMO.

Rhio2k
12-18-2016, 03:13 PM
Dogpound imposes arbitrary limitations not only on Chris Bradford, but on the writers as well. A lot of the fight scenes worked rather well because Rahzar was actually mobile and could engage in high-speed combat. Hindering his mobility puts a damper on what the writers can do in their fight scenes. Rahzar was a very necessary and much appreciated decision for the writers IMO.

I might be in the minority, but I would like to see him mutate into something streamlined like Rahzar, but back to being organic and more "natural"...something like Yugo's Bloody Roar 3 design (https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5mMpvC2PQHk/maxresdefault.jpg) so he can combine his martial arts knowledge with his agility, claws and teeth instead of just being a clumsy brawler and basically the idiot in fights he's been since he was mutated.

Zulithe
12-21-2016, 04:01 AM
Naa, the only thing better about Dogpound is the name. The weird arms thing they had going on with him wasn't that cool.

LeotheLateBloomer
12-21-2016, 12:20 PM
Don't care either way.