PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Bans/Warnings for Next Mutation bashing

turtlefanforever
12-09-2016, 04:12 PM
You can't have a next mutation thread on here without people spamming it with stupid comments, going off topic and trolling. There either needs to be a section for the next mutation or actually give out warnings and minor bans for derailing a Next Mutation thread. This is supposed to be a safe space for people to talk about The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and some poor lonely souls come here just to fill a void by attempting ruin other folks looking for a good time and good natured conversation.

Candy Kappa
12-09-2016, 04:17 PM
The show isn't very good, and people are gonna comment on that. Get over it.

Jester
12-09-2016, 04:21 PM
We don't ban/warn people for Nick-bashing, so we're not going to do it for NM bashing

snake
12-09-2016, 04:32 PM
Hahahahaha get the f*ck over yourself

"Safe space"

ToTheNines
12-09-2016, 04:48 PM
We've had tons of decent Next Mutation discussions. Stop trolling.

We don't ban/warn people for Nick-bashing, so we're not going to do it for NM bashing

Lol, get em Jester.

TigerClaw
12-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Each version of TMNT will always have its detractors, That's something you have to deal with.

Aaronardo
12-09-2016, 05:14 PM
some poor lonely souls come here just to fill a void by attempting ruin other folks looking for a good time and good natured conversation.

Your trolling is normally pretty scummy, but I legitimately laughed at this one.

CyberCubed
12-09-2016, 05:22 PM

Some people in the Nick section really should tone down their trolling though.

DestronMirage22
12-09-2016, 05:26 PM
You can't have a next mutation thread on here without people spamming it with stupid comments, going off topic and trolling.

I'm pretty sure that happens to most threads in general, not just NM threads.

Autbot_Benz
12-09-2016, 05:37 PM
You can't have a next mutation thread on here without people spamming it with stupid comments, going off topic and trolling. There either needs to be a section for the next mutation or actually give out warnings and minor bans for derailing a Next Mutation thread. This is supposed to be a safe space for people to talk about The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and some poor lonely souls come here just to fill a void by attempting ruin other folks looking for a good time and good natured conversation.

you are a dick and a big baby. go to your safe space you special snowflake. http://i.imgur.com/QLXAFaX.jpg

thundermaster612
12-09-2016, 06:10 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/20140124/4961349/crying-baby-o.gif

NM had something but they blew it. It was a let down. It was going up, up! then down as fast as a dubstep bass drop. I'm trying not to be too bad to right now but that's mainly because I haven't watched it in ages. It's just really, really bad and it literally killed the franchise for 5 years till 4Kids made the 2003 series. People ain't gonna like something that almost completely murdered the whole franchise. So don't expect them to go for it.

Although I did like that Leo Sword toy. But in the show its function was pretty pointless

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-09-2016, 06:12 PM
I only came to this thread to report turtlefanforever for spam-trolling, but Jester already told the kid what's what.

So, I guess I'm just here to toast marshmallows now. Hi-ho. S'mores, anyone?

DestronMirage22
12-09-2016, 06:23 PM
I only came to this thread to report turtlefanforever for spam-trolling, but Jester already told the kid what's what.

I'll take one, if you please. :)

Autbot_Benz
12-09-2016, 06:26 PM

they should just ban trollfanforever make both parties happy :lol:

turtlefanforever
12-10-2016, 10:44 AM

but people can actually still have a conversation there. It's impossible with this show.

Jester
12-10-2016, 11:06 AM
I'll give you that some threads get WAY off track, but bans aren't the answer.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-10-2016, 11:50 AM
If people are going to bash the OT here despite it being banned in the rules, A next mutation ban will do absolutely nothing.

Klunk1234
12-10-2016, 12:32 PM
I don't think he said anything wrong. He suggested to be respectful on their opinions. It's not necessary to insult someone, if you disagree with his/her opinions. It's make you look like an inmature spoiled kid, like the ones from the YouTube forum. It's sound ridiculous.

JTH
12-11-2016, 08:17 PM
I don't think he said anything wrong. He suggested to be respectful on their opinions. It's not necessary to insult someone, if you disagree with his/her opinions. It's make you look like an inmature spoiled kid, like the ones from the YouTube forum. It's sound ridiculous.
Except the OP has made his/her living on this forum bashing and trolling the Nick TMNT cartoon continuously.

So the slack you're giving OP is far from deserved.

Klunk1234
12-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Except the OP has made his/her living on this forum bashing and trolling the Nick TMNT cartoon continuously.

So the slack you're giving OP is far from deserved.

JTH: Jester will not ban that person and I don't think Krang will do it and if you don't like that person just ignore it. Simple.

Certain sore loser is blaming a TV channel for the election's results. The people chose who they want, not that channel. Let's avoid this forum to be a second and bigger version of YouTube. Some of the members there are terrible.

myconius
12-13-2016, 08:33 AM
if there's someone who wants to have a legitimate conversation about TMNT:TNM without outside nitpicking or criticisms, just discuss it with them in a private message or visitor message.

that's truly the only "safe space' you are going to find.

i'm asking this not to bust chops, but just how many people on here actually enjoy TMNT:TNM and want to discuss it?

i tried watching it, but personally found nothing i enjoyed to make it past 2 or 3 episodes.
i was (and still am) put off but quite a number things about the Nick Tmnt series, but i still find redeeming qualities that bring me back for each new episode.

Powder
12-13-2016, 03:33 PM
i'm asking this not to bust chops, but just how many people on here actually enjoy TMNT:TNM and want to discuss it?

Enough to fill 2-3 pages worth of uninterrupted thread, I'm sure. I love TNM & I share TF's frustrations about not being able to discuss it (though I by no means want to make negative opinions a punishable offense, mods should just clean the threads up if they go as off-track as the last one).

myconius
12-13-2016, 05:12 PM
Enough to fill 2-3 pages worth of uninterrupted thread, I'm sure. I love TNM & I share TF's frustrations about not being able to discuss it (though I by no means want to make negative opinions a punishable offense, mods should just clean the threads up if they go as off-track as the last one).

i honestly tried to appreciate the show, as i was planning to buy the dvds when i saw them drop in price.
watching the show on netflix i just couldn't get into it.
it is a shame so many people like to make it a career out of insulting things just because they don't approve of them.

i still remember when BvS was coming out. there was one person who was really making an ### of themselves trolling on every opportunity they could get.

Coola Yagami
12-13-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if it was really trolling. BVS wasn't that great either.

myconius
12-13-2016, 07:10 PM
I'm not sure if it was really trolling. BVS wasn't that great either.

despite the movies many MANY flaws, there was quite a lot of Trolling on that movie thread.
to the point where it just became abusive.

someone even made a new thread in hopes to leave all the arguing in the previous one and start fresh.
the trolls migrated to the new thread and ransacked it.

Coola Yagami
12-14-2016, 12:05 AM
despite the movies many MANY flaws, there was quite a lot of Trolling on that movie thread.
to the point where it just became abusive.

someone even made a new thread in hopes to leave all the arguing in the previous one and start fresh.
the trolls migrated to the new thread and ransacked it.

Well.... the movie wasn't that good... you sure you're not confusing trolls with critics? If you were talking about better movies I'd be more inclined to agree.

myconius
12-14-2016, 05:15 AM
Well.... the movie wasn't that good... you sure you're not confusing trolls with critics? If you were talking about better movies I'd be more inclined to agree.

whatevz coola.

i'm talking about people on this very forum. and they are far from professional critics.

but you see it however you chose.

have a nice day.

Coola Yagami
12-14-2016, 12:17 PM
whatevz coola.

i'm talking about people on this very forum. and they are far from professional critics.

but you see it however you chose.

have a nice day.

I'm just saying the movie (as well as next mutation) just weren't all that good so you should expect a lot of people to say so. It's like making a thread about matrix revolutions and banning people for saying it was boring.

ProactiveMan
12-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Thereís opinion and then thereís rhetoric, and the latter gets really tiresome after a while. I would never suggest that an opinion should get someone banned, as long as they express it in a civilised manor. Obviously, itís OK to dislike things, and itís OK to express your dissatisfaction, and itís OK to enter into a debate with someone who expresses the opposite opinion, as long as it adds to the conversation.

I donít think it is OK to interrupt and derail threads because you donít like the subject matter. If you donít like something, fine, you donít have to keep your mouth shut, but once you have satisfied your need to make that clear to everyone, and once any sensible debate has come to its natural conclusion, maybe itís time to bow out.

What I see a lot around here are people who canít stand to be left out of conversations, despite not having anything relevant to add. Iíve probably been guilty of that from time to time, but itís pretty frustrating. It seems to put everyone on the defensive, so even when you try to disagree with a consensus opinion in a constructive way, everyone jumps down your throat because they think youíre causing trouble.

Cure
12-20-2016, 06:52 PM
If you don’t like something, fine, you don’t have to keep your mouth shut, but once you have satisfied your need to make that clear to everyone, and once any sensible debate has come to its natural conclusion, maybe it’s time to bow out.

I wish more people thought this way. It seems like people are never satisfied.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-12-2017, 07:57 AM
Next Mutation ***** :tlol:

BubblyShell22
03-12-2017, 02:25 PM
I don't think banning anyone for having an honest opinion about something is the way to go. I think it's different if someone insults others who like the show or just constantly comes into the thread to state something they have already stated once. But as Proactive Man said, as long as people keep things civil and say their piece once and for all, I don't see where the problem goes.

And the OP who made this thread is a huge hypocrite for constantly coming into the Nick section and trolling about how much he/she hates it. You've said it once, now move on if you can't say something productive.

Candy Kappa
03-12-2017, 02:32 PM
This thread should be "Exhibit A: Why turtlefanforever should never be a Mod" :lol: