PDA

View Full Version : Cory Smith back on TMNT?

Wentos
12-12-2016, 02:50 AM
So everyone knows that Cory Smith left TMNT about a year ago to work on Nova at Marvel. With Cory's Nova series recently coming to a close, he's been working on Marvel one-shots here and there, but I was wondering what his next ongoing series was going to be. Here's an image Cory posted on Twitter a few hours ago along with the hashtag #TMNT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb1rAvXUAEcrJB.jpg:small

It's possible this is just another one-off while Cory is between jobs, but there's always the hope that Cory will find his way back to the book full-time. Is the Santolouco/Smith Dream Team back in action?

Sabacooza
12-12-2016, 05:22 AM
It certainly looks that way. It's great to see him come back because he's another one of my favorite artists.

Utrommaniac
12-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Obviously the storyline after Bishop vs Mutants. Not easy to see what's going on in the other panels, naturally.

DestronMirage22
12-12-2016, 07:00 AM
It'd be awesome to get him back on the book, and have the Dream Team back together, tag-teaming the main book. :D
(Also, is it just me, or is anyone else getting an Image vibe from the art?)

ToTheNines
12-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Could be a short stint on Universe, but hopefully he's back on the ongoing for a while.

myconius
12-12-2016, 08:09 AM
So everyone knows that Cory Smith left TMNT about a year ago to work on Nova at Marvel. With Cory's Nova series recently coming to a close, he's been working on Marvel one-shots here and there, but I was wondering what his next ongoing series was going to be. Here's an image Cory posted on Twitter a few hours ago along with the hashtag #TMNT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Czb1rAvXUAEcrJB.jpg:small

It's possible this is just another one-off while Cory is between jobs, but there's always the hope that Cory will find his way back to the book full-time. Is the Santolouco/Smith Dream Team back in action?

that looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

it looks like his Tmnt art style has really evolved from what it once was!

i love it!!

wether he's back for good or a brief stint, i'm definitely looking forward to it! :D

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-12-2016, 09:36 AM
Bring Cory back. He is my all-time artist on TMNT, and I'd give my eyeteeth to have him fulltime ongoing. LOVE that guy's art. Love it love it love it. :tlove:

neatoman
12-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Love Cory, the man does great work.

CyberCubed
12-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Yeah, I figure he'll be doing TMNT Universe instead of the main ongoing, since some Universe issues will only be 1 part or 2-parters coming up. Probably easier to get him back for 1 or 2 months rather than get him committed to an upcoming 4 parter which would be 4 months of work.

Klunk1234
12-13-2016, 11:02 AM
That's good news!