PDA

View Full Version : How Krang could be more of a threat

Yabuturtle
12-12-2016, 07:40 PM
It's just an idea I had.

I always thought it was weird that many Utrom left themselves vulnerable, where they leave little to no protection on their actual bodies. Chre'll and other Utrom are an exception where they are totally covered but there are people like Krang who is vulnerable to attack and especially Krang Subprime, where he is vulnerable all over.

I feel like Krang in the 1987 cartoon should have had plastic shielding. It makes sense. His bubble walker gave him more protection that his android body, despite the android body being more powerful. In Turtles Forever, Karai simply pulled him out of his body.

What if Krang's android body had plastic shielding that was a self healing polymer plastic, like with Cyborg Baxter Stockman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg-wZbddBPg

And Krang not only shapeshifts his arms into weapons and grows into a giant like he did in the cartoon, but what if his body was made of adamantium too?

Yes adamantium exists in the 1987 tmnt universe, as they used it to make Chrome Dome So imagine Chrome Dome if he could grow to the size of Godzilla, have self healing plastic that protect them from harm and can shapeshift his hands into weapons.

Another idea that's totally different, is the use of the Firestar which is in the 1987 tmnt episode "Cyber Turtles" I could imagine Krang using that to power his android body and become god-like which I think he should have done.

CyberCubed
12-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Krang himself didn't do too much fighting in the original cartoon, only in a small handful of episodes since he stayed at the Technodrome.

Yabuturtle
12-12-2016, 09:48 PM
Krang himself didn't do too much fighting in the original cartoon, only in a small handful of episodes since he stayed at the Technodrome.

And yet, arguably one of the most powerful and dangerous characters in the tmnt universe, aside from Dregg's final form.

That's why I wished he did fight more often. I know some toys of Krang had a transparent plastic or glass shielding on the stomach but Krang never had that. You'd think he'd want his most vulnerable part to be protected.

I wish Krang salvaged Chrome Dome's body and made it out of adamantium and then he could turn into a giant. Probably give Cherell a run for his money easily.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-12-2016, 10:15 PM
I always thought that Krang had an invisible barrier in his android body that protected his fragile body so no one really attacked him there because of that (and because it would be too violent for the show). It would be similar to the design of Lex Luthors warsuit, in which he leaves his head wide open for his enemies to see, albeit protected with an invisible forcefield.

Speaking of TF however, that made Krang far too much of a pushover, even when he reached Godzilla size. The turtles fought Dregg with that body, and Dregg at that point was definetly much more powerful than Chrell in turtles forever when he absorbed the power of all the universal beings. Even if Krang lost, he should've not went down without a fight, that scene was just plain disrespectful.

CyberCubed
12-12-2016, 10:57 PM
They could have also adapted the videogame attacks, particularly from TMNT III and TMNT IV.

I love how in TMNT III he seperates his legs from his body and his legs run around kicking the Turtles while his upper half still attacks with lasers and the big hammer. Then in Turtles in Time he drops cherry bombs at you.

Powder
12-13-2016, 12:33 AM
Yabuturtle was voted Most Likely To Talk About Krang in their high school yearbook. :trazz:

Yabuturtle
12-13-2016, 11:07 AM
I always thought that Krang had an invisible barrier in his android body that protected his fragile body so no one really attacked him there because of that (and because it would be too violent for the show). It would be similar to the design of Lex Luthors warsuit, in which he leaves his head wide open for his enemies to see, albeit protected with an invisible forcefield.

Speaking of TF however, that made Krang far too much of a pushover, even when he reached Godzilla size. The turtles fought Dregg with that body, and Dregg at that point was definetly much more powerful than Chrell in turtles forever when he absorbed the power of all the universal beings. Even if Krang lost, he should've not went down without a fight, that scene was just plain disrespectful.

I thought it would be interesting if it was a force field or a polymer shield. Just something to protect him from being punched in the stomach, or rather the face, or to stop people from pulling him out. I never understood why some villains have their weaknesses wide open.

True, but then everyone was a pushover in the 87 universe. I wouldn't be surprised if Chrell, without his Shredder suit, manages to beat the crap out of Giant Krang somehow. Dregg not only absorbed their powers but multiplied it a hundred fold and it took Krang's body to stop him. Their feats are way more than anything Chrell did in the past.

The only advantage I saw Chrell had over Krang was that he has way more fighting experience and Krang very rarely fights. I could see the Turtles exploring that weakness, that even though Krang is stronger and smarter, he's not too experienced with fighting in general, since he only fights when he's tired of incompetence or fights as a last resort and would rather have someone else do it.

I could see a remark between Shredder and Krang where Shredder asks why he doesn't fight, and Krang remarks that he doesn't like to get his hands dirty and Shredder jabs, saying he has no hands. :tlol:

Wesley
12-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Krang wasn't interested in fighting the Turtles most of the time. For example, in season two, he was more focused on conquering Dimension X. Too bad we never actually saw much of the war in Dimension X.

Ceres
12-13-2016, 02:11 PM
Yabuturtle was voted Most Likely To Talk About Krang in their high school yearbook. :trazz:

Awww and here i thought i would get that xD

Utrommaniac
12-13-2016, 02:12 PM
And me!

Though, I keep a lot of thoughts to myself, unsure of where to talk about it...

Ceres
12-13-2016, 02:16 PM
And me!

Though, I keep a lot of thoughts to myself, unsure of where to talk about it...

Yees, and you of course my dear,

that's why we got our space in Skype lol.

CyberCubed
12-13-2016, 02:42 PM
Makes you wonder since the OT aired in the late 80's to early 90's, is this what High School kids back then since there was no internet?

Back then you couldn't discuss shows or characters online...only in the schoolyard with immediate friends

DarkFell
12-13-2016, 03:10 PM
I just drew the characters like a lot of kids did.
I thought most of those old drawings looked really tragic nowadays, but kid me didn't really care back then.

ABrown
12-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Makes you wonder since the OT aired in the late 80's to early 90's, is this what High School kids back then since there was no internet?

Back then you couldn't discuss shows or characters online...only in the schoolyard with immediate friends

MMM, no. These are the only teenagers that highschoolers were discussing in the late 80's/early 90's (they weren't mutants and they weren't turtles [well except for Lisa Turtle])

pferreira
12-15-2016, 08:22 AM
Back then you couldn't discuss shows or characters online...only in the schoolyard with immediate friendsI agree. Unless you went to a convention or something not sure where you could talk about stuff like Ninja Turtles.

PrincessUtrom
12-25-2016, 04:57 PM
It's true that in the old series, it would probably have "shocked" if someone would really tie Krang to the point of really blaming hurt. It was not the intended audience.(Even if we had "Remi sans famille" and Ken the survivor at this time xD)

Similarly, in the tmnt series, kraangs are so much fluff that you throw everywhere, given the number of times they get hit xD (Even some are being crushed ... they should have a drop of organs). And as the target audience is young, so more gag style to the old cartoon sauce.

But I confess that it would not shock me, if one day they decides to make an animated film where Krang ends up with scars because of attacks where he was at his disadvantage.Especially when I see in the comics, the corpses of some drawn.

Yabuturtle
12-28-2016, 08:14 PM
I don't know how the Turtles won to begin with. Lord Dregg's final form was too much for them and they had to use Krang's body just to stop him. Krang should be on par with Lord Dregg's Final Form. Meaning Krang should have beaten them rather easily.

There was the Firestar in Cyber Turtles. I always wondered what it'd be like if he used it as a power source for his android body. With the power of a thousand suns, I'd think the likes of Galactus or Odin would be needed to stop him.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-28-2016, 09:47 PM
In season 1, it was explicitly stated that Krang would be undefeatable with his body. They were probably talking about him in Godzilla size rather than the normal sized Body which is not invincible. Infact, in all of the times that Krang was large, he was never defeated in a straight fight (discounting turtles forever). It was always the turtles finding a way to destroy his chip and make him defeatable again, otherwise beating Krangs Godzilla form in a straight fight would be impossible.

cammy85
12-29-2016, 08:29 AM
That's the other point of ninjitsu. If you can't fight harder, fight smarter. The Turtles (rather, Donatello), used his brain and knocked out the chip rather than defeat him in combat.

Yabuturtle
12-31-2016, 07:19 PM
In season 1, it was explicitly stated that Krang would be undefeatable with his body. They were probably talking about him in Godzilla size rather than the normal sized Body which is not invincible. Infact, in all of the times that Krang was large, he was never defeated in a straight fight (discounting turtles forever). It was always the turtles finding a way to destroy his chip and make him defeatable again, otherwise beating Krangs Godzilla form in a straight fight would be impossible.

He was pretty strong even without the chip. He was stronger than Bebop and Rocksteady as while by a wide margin and they are pretty strong themselves. In Krangenstein Lives, Krang's android body defeated the Turtles rather easily, even though in Super Irma, Leonardo himself was able to defeat Krang. I always found it odd his swords could cut through solid steel but not through rock, like in Rock Around the Block.

They should have used the adamantium from Chrome Dome and used it for Krang's android body. They would have more than enough considering Chrome was taller than Krang. A giant Krang made of adamantium would be nearly unstoppable. Chrell, Cyber Shredder, Kraang Prime and Dregg would probably be defeated rather easily, even if they all attacked him at once.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
01-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Make him more like Archie Krang, killing off entire species throughout Dimension X.

neatoman
01-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Make him more like Archie Krang, killing off entire species throughout Dimension X.

The only thing I can remember about Archie Krang in particular is him crying for help, and surgically attaching himself to Shredder.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pw2Ydf-nI2o/TiOQmHGB4CI/AAAAAAAAGYI/lIFNEq2_tks/s1600/SadKrang01.jpg

01-05-2017, 04:13 AM
The only thing I can remember about Archie Krang in particular is him crying for help, and surgically attaching himself to Shredder.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Pw2Ydf-nI2o/TiOQmHGB4CI/AAAAAAAAGYI/lIFNEq2_tks/s1600/SadKrang01.jpg

He destroys entire planets in his search for the Turnstone. Cherubae then sends Krang to Morbus.

FredWolfLeonardo
01-05-2017, 05:30 AM
He destroys entire planets in his search for the Turnstone. Cherubae then sends Krang to Morbus.

True, FW Krang may not have a story as detailed as Archie but he is no slouch either. He was responsible for the genocide of Bezerkos people and maybe even the destruction of his planet if I'm remembering correct.

But Krang wouldn't be Krang without his goofiness, or elese we would just have another Chrell. That's why I enjoy moments where Krang is doing stuff like what was shown in neatomans post and his constant bickering with shredder

01-05-2017, 07:10 AM
[QUOTE=FredWolfLeonardo;1651101]True, FW Krang may not have a story as detailed as Archie but he is no slouch either. He was responsible for the genocide of Bezerkos people and maybe even the destruction of his planet if I'm remembering correct./QUOTE]

Bezerko is not in Archie. Archie. Krang destroyed Huanu, the home-planet of Wingnut and Screwloose.

neatoman
01-05-2017, 08:38 AM
But Krang wouldn't be Krang without his goofiness, or elese we would just have another Chrell.

Isn't that basically IDW Krang though?

cammy85
01-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Bezerko is not in Archie. Archie. Krang destroyed Huanu, the home-planet of Wingnut and Screwloose.[/QUOTE]

He did far more than that even before being banished to Earth. That was actually scary in issue #10 when he wiped out "a rather heavily populated sector of Dimension X" in a matter of seconds.

01-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Bezerko is not in Archie. Archie. Krang destroyed Huanu, the home-planet of Wingnut and Screwloose.

He did far more than that even before being banished to Earth. That was actually scary in issue #10 when he wiped out "a rather heavily populated sector of Dimension X" in a matter of seconds.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he also destroy Hirobyl? (even if the star it orbited was old).

cammy85
01-06-2017, 09:27 AM
You might be thinking of Huanu. That was the name of Wingnut and Screwloose's home planet. Krang did attack Hirobyl to get at The turtles and Cherubae and again later on after they defeated the Malignoids but he didn't destroy the planet.

01-21-2017, 04:54 AM
You might be thinking of Huanu. That was the name of Wingnut and Screwloose's home planet. Krang did attack Hirobyl to get at The turtles and Cherubae and again later on after they defeated the Malignoids but he didn't destroy the planet.

I know what he did to Huanu, but Hirobyl looked ruined too. But I also know that planet orbited an star which had entered its red giant-phase, so maybe it was because of that.

Utrommaniac
01-21-2017, 05:44 AM
Isn't that basically IDW Krang though?

Yep. And since Ch'rell is coming, they've had to work around that transition. Which seems to show so far that he's just fiercely loyal