PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day 2017

Master Splinter
12-19-2016, 10:30 AM
The turtles are back this May 2017 for Free Comic Book Day!

http://i.imgur.com/CJEYFPD.jpg

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: PRELUDE TO DIMENSION X FCBD 2017 EDITION (Tom Waltz, Cory Smith, IDW)

-ms

DestronMirage22
12-19-2016, 10:33 AM
**** yes. :D

ProphetofGanja
12-19-2016, 10:35 AM
Too cool, man

neatoman
12-19-2016, 10:39 AM
OK, so we're getting another arc featuring Krang as the villain?... Or maybe another Utrom villain, hint hint nudge nudge.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Krang and/or Ch'rell and Cory Smith!?

Mind blown! :tlol: :tgrin:

ChosenOne
12-19-2016, 01:01 PM
Oh, boy. Oh boy. :D

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 01:13 PM
The last free comic book day issue wasn't much more than a recap issue with, as far as I remember, only 6-8 pages of new story content. So I wonder if this will be a "full" issue of new story, or just yet another recap?

Maybe it'll just be filled with flashbacks of the Krang war with new artwork.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-19-2016, 01:19 PM
So apparently the next big story arc is a return to Dimension X. Sweet!

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 01:20 PM
OK, so we're getting another arc featuring Krang as the villain?... Or maybe another Utrom villain, hint hint nudge nudge.

The Utrom on the cover is definitely Krang. Ch'rell has the scar on his eye so that's definitely not him. That being said Ch'rell might be part of this story too but given he's still on Earth someone would have to wake him up and bring him to Krang.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-19-2016, 01:22 PM
The Utrom on the cover is definitely Krang. Ch'rell has the scar on his eye so that's definitely not him. That being said Ch'rell might be part of this story too but given he's still on Earth someone would have to wake him up and bring him to Krang.

I wonder how this transitions to Dimension X?

Do the Turtles and their mutant allies have to retreat from Earth to Burnow Island or even Dimension X under attack from Bishop?

ChosenOne
12-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Having had some time to process this huge news... Well, now we know what the next arc after Desperate Measures will be. Assuming that one will be 4 issues long, it'll run from February to May of next year and then there's quite likely a one-off issue in June to round off the future 5-issue TPB collecting that arc, followed immediately by Dimension X. I was rooting for Turtles in Space as a title myself, but hey... Take what we can get! Doesn't mean that one won't be used further down the line, anyway. I hope other denizens of Dimension X like Maligna are introduced, this has a load of potential!

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Well this issue comes out in May.

The Bishop/Mutanimal arc starts in February, so assuming its a 4-parter it'll go until May with its final issue. Therefore this free issue and the Bishop arc's ending will both come out the same month.

Then June would start the Dimension X arc. Maybe they transport there right from Burnow Island.

ChosenOne
12-19-2016, 01:31 PM

The Bishop/Mutanimal arc starts in February, so assuming its a 4-parter it'll go until May with its final issue. Therefore this free issue and the Bishop arc's ending will both come out the same month.

Then June would start the Dimension X arc. Maybe they transport there right from Burnow Island.

Great minds... :) I double-checked what I wrote above, and you could be right: Desperate Measures could transition directly to Dimension X, but there should be a one-off issue either before or after (it's starting to seem more and more likely that it's after, on second thought) the latter arc to round out the TPB.

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 01:35 PM
For the trades, the free comic book day issue counts as an issue, so that would fill the 5 issue quota. Its the same way they handled the last free comic book day issue in the trades.

AlZarkovski
12-19-2016, 01:36 PM
Sinopsis: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: PRELUDE TO DIMENSION X FCBD 2017 EDITION

(W) Tom Waltz (A/CA) Cory Smith

Prequel to the upcoming TMNT: Dimension X 5-week event this August! Krang was defeated by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and now awaits trial in Dimension X. Little do the Turtles know that Krang hired an assassin to destroy everyone who might testify against him, including themselves! This issue introduces a deadly and weird new villain, and begins the biggest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adventure in space ever! (STL037303)

32pgs

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 01:38 PM
Sinopsis: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: PRELUDE TO DIMENSION X FCBD 2017 EDITION

Prequel to the upcoming TMNT: Dimension X 5-week event this August! Krang was defeated by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and now awaits trial in Dimension X. Little do the Turtles know that Krang hired an assassin to destroy everyone who might testify against him, including themselves! This issue introduces a deadly and weird new villain, and begins the biggest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles adventure in space ever! (STL037303)

Oh wow, this is a 5 issues in one month thing like the Bebop/Rocksteady mini? Holy crap, now that means we're getting this, the main ongoing, and Universe all at the same time!

ChosenOne
12-19-2016, 01:40 PM
For the trades, the free comic book day issue counts as an issue, so that would fill the 5 issue quota. Its the same way they handled the last free comic book day issue in the trades.

I considered that possibility, but wasn't sure it could apply. Well, that works out nicely, then.

Sinopsis: TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: PRELUDE TO DIMENSION X — FCBD 2017 EDITION

32pgs

A 5-week event?! The trial of Krang?! A new (in what sense of the word, I wonder?) villain?! Seriously now, IDW TMNT, stop being awesome! :D This is too much. I wonder who the assassin is? Huh...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Damn, this is amazing!

The trial of General Krang. Fan-freaking-tastic! In five weeks, no less!

ToTheNines
12-19-2016, 02:11 PM
This is all awesome.

That means 7 new TMNT issues in August lol. 8 if there's any kind of Adventures title going on after Batman.

Having had some time to process this huge news... Well, now we know what the next arc after Desperate Measures will be. Assuming that one will be 4 issues long, it'll run from February to May of next year and then there's quite likely a one-off issue in June to round off the future 5-issue TPB collecting that arc, followed immediately by Dimension X. I was rooting for Turtles in Space as a title myself, but hey... Take what we can get! Doesn't mean that one won't be used further down the line, anyway. I hope other denizens of Dimension X like Maligna are introduced, this has a load of potential!

Desperate Measures will have #66 (The Alopex) issue as its 5th.

ChosenOne
12-19-2016, 02:14 PM
This is all awesome.

That means 7 new TMNT issues in August lol. 8 if there's any kind of Adventures title going on after Batman.

Desperate Measures will have #66 (The Alopex) issue as its 5th.

Yeah, my mistake there was assuming that the fifth issue of the Dimension X TPB (if there is one, other than the FCBD issue) would have to come between the two arcs. It could just as well come after. But we now know it's a 5-week special and thus not part of the main ongoing, so it's all a moot point anyway.

It's still hard to wrap my head around the notion of three concurrent TMNT titles in the same month... :o

DestronMirage22
12-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Oh wow, this is a 5 issues in one month thing like the Bebop/Rocksteady mini? Holy crap, now that means we're getting this, the main ongoing, and Universe all at the same time!

I share your enthusiasm, but it just says it's a "5 issue event." It doesn't mention anything about another mini.
Now, I'd absolutely LOVE to get a mini alongside the main books, but that might not be the case, they could just have the story in one of the two main books. :(

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure that Universe will still have a new issue in August too.

Redeemer
12-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Torbin Zixx anyone???? :D
Just a guess, will probably be a character never seen before.

ProphetofGanja
12-19-2016, 06:30 PM

I'm sure if Krang is getting tried for his crimes, then the awake ed Utroms on Burnow Island will be in attendance

I wonder how this transitions to Dimension X?

Do the Turtles and their mutant allies have to retreat from Earth to Burnow Island or even Dimension X under attack from Bishop?

This FCBD issue probaby will be mostly recap, with some new character term interactions to set the stage

June and July will be a two-part arc before The Trial of Krang begins in issue #73 in August while the Dimension X 5-week miniseries also goes

32pgs

So freaking cool!

I considered that possibility, but wasn't sure it could apply. Well, that works out nicely, then.

A 5-week event?! The trial of Krang?! A new (in what sense of the word, I wonder?) villain?! Seriously now, IDW TMNT, stop being awesome! :D This is too much. I wonder who the assassin is? Huh...

Same!

Damn, this is amazing!

The trial of General Krang. Fan-freaking-tastic! In five weeks, no less!

I share your enthusiasm, but it just says it's a "5 issue event." It doesn't mention anything about another mini.
Now, I'd absolutely LOVE to get a mini alongside the main books, but that might not be the case, they could just have the story in one of the two main books. :(

It seems like this is IDW pushing the limits of their TMNT line, they've now got two ongoing series and after the success of the TMNT: B&RDE weekly miniseries it looks like they're gonna double down and do another. I, for one, am totally down and will likely eagerly subscribe after the proper solicitations come out. I'm super stoked to learn more about the inhabitants of Dimension X

Utrommaniac
12-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Five week Dimension X event? Centering on Krang's trial???

https://media.giphy.com/media/RzEQZJVN4CK6A/giphy.gif

This is going to be amazing

MikeandRaph87
12-19-2016, 07:06 PM
The assassin could be one of two options. If an old character would it be Antrax? If not an original character is likely the case. Thoughts?

Redeemer
12-19-2016, 07:34 PM
The assassin could be one of two options. If an old character would it be Antrax? If not an original character is likely the case. Thoughts?

I was wondering if it could be Torbin Zixx or maybe Armageddon????

ProphetofGanja
12-19-2016, 08:20 PM

Well, the solicit said it would be a new villain, but that could mean new to IDW or totally new like Hob or Alopex

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-19-2016, 09:13 PM
I was thinking antrax, too...

MikeandRaph87
12-19-2016, 09:27 PM
I was thinking antrax, too...

I keep thinking of that sequence which Antrax cuts off the head of a warrior on a horse statue stating 'off with his head' and thinking 'this guy has lethal potential'. There was that one off appearance in both 1987 and 2012 and a character that has a lot to expand upon. His is also Krang's royal executioner according to the toy package. Who else really would fit the bill of prexisting characters? I don't see Torbin Zixx. Her is a smugler not an executioner. Armaggon was made into one in the 2012 cartoon opposed to his original nature f being a mutant shark from the future. However, with the existence of Bludgeon I don't see it happening. There is always making Shrieka, Malinga, or Beserko an assassin,but it does not strike me. Its like the direction of the fate of the Street Phantoms being foreseeable by a few of us,but the impact while predictable it was no less impact and well done. If I am wrong I will hand out no prizes.

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
It's probably Ch'rell. By the time these issues come out it'll be nearly a year since he was originally teased. They got to wake him up sometime or else why bother introducing him?

Powder
12-19-2016, 09:59 PM
Heck yeah, Cory killin' it once again. :tcool:

Utrommaniac
12-19-2016, 10:18 PM
It's probably Ch'rell. By the time these issues come out it'll be nearly a year since he was originally teased. They got to wake him up sometime or else why bother introducing him?

Krang wouldn't have been able to have access to him, though. Especially if he wasn't allowed contact with Burnow. Not only that, but he knows Ch'rell would be targeted very easily once there was a pattern in witness deaths. He'd have to get someone that no one knows he's connected to. Besides, his relationship with Ch'rell was probably beyond "hiring" him as an assassin and more into "Hey bub, would you axe this guy for me?" territory by the point they'd be at.

CyberCubed
12-19-2016, 10:53 PM
I suppose that's true. Who else is there? Zog, or other Triceratons? Maybe Lord Dregg? Antrax?

Or just some new character.

Ceres
12-20-2016, 05:48 AM
The more important question is where or better said how was Krang able to hire an assassin in one of the probably best guarded places in Dimension X? I mean are Neutrions really that lax what their security and prisoners belongs?

Other than that, i do hope too that Chrell is awake and active by the time they go to this issues and that he comes to Krangs rescue in the end. If the Turtles use the portal on Burnow Island he indirectly could get a clue of all this, secretly following them to Dimension X to go to his "beloved" general.

Could be a hell of a ride and i can't wait to read it :)

Utrommaniac
12-20-2016, 06:08 AM
It likely is a new character. There's no f***ing way Krang would hire Zog, nor would Zog agree to work with him. If anything, Zog would be one of his targets.

But I would totally by Zixx. So long as he doesn't mistake any Utroms for sushi, he'd probably stay on good terms with Krang :lol:

ToTheNines
12-20-2016, 06:08 AM
@Ceres I assume the assassin was hired beforehand as a failsafe, incase something like this happened. Krang is a pretty good strategist.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-20-2016, 10:14 AM
@Ceres I assume the assassin was hired beforehand as a failsafe, incase something like this happened. Krang is a pretty good strategist.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Utroms released Ch'rell, who then hears of Krang's pending trial and hires the assassin.

Utrommaniac
12-20-2016, 10:54 AM
But Ch'rell doesn't know who would be testifying against Krang. And he'd probably go against them himself too.

Unless he wanted to lay low.

Ceres
12-20-2016, 11:26 AM
But Ch'rell doesn't know who would be testifying against Krang. And he'd probably go against them himself too.

Unless he wanted to lay low.

Then i guess this assassin has an assload of work to do seeing as the trial goes over dimensions of crimes commited by Krang...

CyberCubed
12-20-2016, 12:49 PM
Antrax's toy description is, "Krang's royal executioner from Dimension X." So if IDW does decide to delve into the franchise history and use him, it would make sense for the story.

neatoman
12-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Antrax's toy description is, "Krang's royal executioner from Dimension X." So if IDW does decide to delve into the franchise history and use him, it would make sense for the story.

What about that chick who tried to execute Mikey in "you had to be there"?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6Hcv1CkGO2U/U9b9lTHiE1I/AAAAAAAANEY/NLWetYOgK2Y/s1600/you2.jpg

turtlefan27
12-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Hopefully we'll get to see some triceraton's

ChosenOne
12-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Oh, we're pretty much guaranteed to see Triceratons. The trial probably won't just involve the Neutrinos.

I wouldn't mind seeing survivors from a certain war-torn planet called Huanu, either...

I'm very curious to know if the outcome for Krang could be death, or just imprisonment/exile.

Utrommaniac
12-20-2016, 05:17 PM
I imagine a juror suggesting putting him on Morbus, either forgetting or not knowing what Krang did there :lol: .

"How about Morbus? It's still a prison--"
"NO!!!"

Also guys, there's a vast difference between a royal executioner and an assassin. It likely wouldn't be Antrax for that reason.

ProphetofGanja
12-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Oh, we're pretty much guaranteed to see Triceratons. The trial probably won't just involve the Neutrinos.

I wouldn't mind seeing survivors from a certain war-torn planet called Huanu, either...

I'm very curious to know if the outcome for Krang could be death, or just imprisonment/exile.

Agreed on the Triceratons being a safe bet for this arc, as well as the Utroms. I also hope we'll see representatives of some of the other alien species that appeared on the cover of Utrom Empire #3 way back when

Also, I hope this assassin is an entirely new character. The last few characters to be introduced to the IDW TMNT setting have all been new versions of old characters. The IDW team does really well with fresh characters so I hope we get one next year

Also also, I was just on CBR.com and I realized we haven't gotten IDW's solicitations for March yet, they're pretty late this month. I know they can be spoilery but I like to piece together clues about what's going to take place down the line. Since we already know about this Trial of Krang arc, we'll just be filling in the blanks

CyberCubed
12-20-2016, 05:58 PM
Also, I hope this assassin is an entirely new character. The last few characters to be introduced to the IDW TMNT setting have all been new versions of old characters. The IDW team does really well with fresh characters so I hope we get one next year

Well we just got Zodi, who is a brand new IDW created character recently.

Also also, I was just on CBR.com and I realized we haven't gotten IDW's solicitations for March yet, they're pretty late this month. I know they can be spoilery but I like to piece together clues about what's going to take place down the line. Since we already know about this Trial of Krang arc, we'll just be filling in the blanks

If the Bishop/Mutanimals story is a 4-parter then that takes up to June.

ChosenOne
12-20-2016, 06:03 PM

The March solicitations should be out tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken.

MikeandRaph87
12-20-2016, 06:05 PM
#65 one-shot Christmas themed issue , #66 one-shot Alopex centered issue, #67-0#70 'Desperate Measures' TMNT & Mutanimals vs Agent Bishop, #70(?), #71(?),#73-#75 'Trial of Krang'.

Bobby promised that the Triceratons would show up in 2017 and this would be the place in 'Trial of Krang'. Its likely a small role,but the species is likely involved. This could set Ch'rell loose for a future arc. Maybe starting in #76 or some time later.

MikeandRaph87
12-21-2016, 07:04 AM
There is discussion of Desperate Measures leading into Trial of Krang with a retreat to Burnow Island. However there is a two issue gap so its hard to see the case. We might have to wait a couple of months to see what #70 says by description first before we have an idea.

ProphetofGanja
12-21-2016, 08:19 AM
It seems like at least part of the Turtles' reason for heading back to Dimension X may be so they can lay low fr a while, or it works out that way anyways. We could be nearing a significant change in the status quo, with the Turtles and other mutants no longer able to fly under the radar of police and other government agencies. I mean, after being hunted down like the X-men in Days of Future Past, how can they go back to the way things were?? Maybe after the Turtles return from Dimension X they'll stay away from New York for a while

MikeandRaph87
12-21-2016, 09:34 AM
It seems like at least part of the Turtles' reason for heading back to Dimension X may be so they can lay low fr a while, or it works out that way anyways. We could be nearing a significant change in the status quo, with the Turtles and other mutants no longer able to fly under the radar of police and other government agencies. I mean, after being hunted down like the X-men in Days of Future Past, how can they go back to the way things were?? Maybe after the Turtles return from Dimension X they'll stay away from New York for a while

Trouble in the Foot clan would be the perfect way to bring them back. In the meantime what about going to another part of the country or another continent? I know its a stretch, but its the time to do it.

CyberCubed
12-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Well remember Bishop knows about Burnow Island too. After his attack on the Mutanimals he might immediately go after the Utroms.

Bishop has an agenda against all non-human life, whether it be mutants or aliens.

neatoman
12-22-2016, 04:47 PM
Well remember Bishop knows about Burnow Island too. After his attack on the Mutanimals he might immediately go after the Utroms.

Bishop has an agenda against all non-human life, whether it be mutants or aliens.

Well, to be fair, these mutants only exist due to alien interference and were originally intended to be used as tools for their invasion. I doubt he has much of a problem with "non-human life" if it hasn't been tampered with by aliens.

Joey Kamikaze
12-25-2016, 06:23 PM
I mean, after being hunted down like the X-men in Days of Future Past, how can they go back to the way things were?? Maybe after the Turtles return from Dimension X they'll stay away from New York for a while

Trouble in the Foot clan would be the perfect way to bring them back. In the meantime what about going to another part of the country or another continent? I know its a stretch, but its the time to do it.

It would be fine and dandy for me if the turtles hopped around the planet for a year or two before coming back to New York leading up to #100. The world tour arc is one of my favorite bits of TMNTA. I'm ready to see the cast out and about in the world instead of stuck in New York all the time.

ChosenOne
12-25-2016, 07:10 PM
It would be fine and dandy for me if the turtles hopped around the planet for a year or two before coming back to New York leading up to #100. The world tour arc is one of my favorite bits of TMNTA. I'm ready to see the cast out and about in the world instead of stuck in New York all the time.

I'd love that too, but Trial of Krang will take us up to #75, and from there to #100 it's only 25 issues. Not nearly enough to spend on a premise so full of potential like a world tour arc. I'd much rather it happened after #100, that way the concept could have the room to breathe it deserves.

CyberCubed
12-25-2016, 08:56 PM
I'd love that too, but Trial of Krang will take us up to #75, and from there to #100 it's only 25 issues. Not nearly enough to spend on a premise so full of potential like a world tour arc. I'd much rather it happened after #100, that way the concept could have the room to breathe it deserves.

That's why TMNT universe is perfect for new stories outside the main arc in the ongoing. They can have the Turtles go on all sorts of adventures in Universe without it "taking up issues" in the main series.

I also hope we get more Renet time travel stories in Universe, its perfect for side adventures.

ChosenOne
12-25-2016, 09:11 PM
That's why TMNT universe is perfect for new stories outside the main arc in the ongoing. They can have the Turtles go on all sorts of adventures in Universe without it "taking up issues" in the main series.

I also hope we get more Renet time travel stories in Universe, its perfect for side adventures.

True, yet I think the main title would be best suited for a world tour arc, which by its very definition should be several arcs long.

Universe is more like an anthology.

ProphetofGanja
12-26-2016, 10:21 AM

I dunno I mean, 25 issues is over two years, that is quite a long time to let a story develop.

I believe that appearances by the Turtles in TMNTU is supposed to be a rarity, as the whole point of the series is that it can focus on and flesh out all these great secondary characters IDW has introduced; that being said, if the Turtles did go on a world tour, it would be cool for them to appear in other characters' stories briefly, not as main characters for a change but as secondary characters, so that we can have more stories from other characters' POV.

True, yet I think the main title would be best suited for a world tour arc, which by its very definition should be several arcs long.

Universe is more like an anthology.

Yup. All in all, I think it's going to be a great two years of TMNT stories in both series leading up to TMNT #100 and beyond

ChosenOne
12-26-2016, 10:35 AM
I dunno I mean, 25 issues is over two years, that is quite a long time to let a story develop.

Normally I would agree, but when you break 25 issues down into 2, 3 or 5-issue arcs, with the occasional one-off issue tossed in there, it's not really all that much, compared to the vast number of locations and situations that the concept could entail.

How many issues did the Archie world tour arc last?

CyberCubed
12-26-2016, 12:25 PM
Archie's world tour started off with their visit to Japan where Ninjara was introduced and then they travel all across Asia/Tibet and into the middle east. I can't remember if the Jersalem arc was right next to it.

Prior to that they also went to South America where Jaguar was introduced. Then lastly they also go to Alaska where is where Ninjara's final arc where she leaves the gang was. The Turtles were always traveling in Archie.

ChosenOne
12-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Archie's world tour started off with their visit to Japan where Ninjara was introduced and then they travel all across Asia/Tibet and into the middle east. I can't remember if the Jersalem arc was right next to it.

Prior to that they also went to South America where Jaguar was introduced. Then lastly they also go to Alaska where is where Ninjara's final arc where she leaves the gang was. The Turtles were always traveling in Archie.

Yeah, I have all the issues up to the end of Midnight Sun but their travels went on long after that. Looking back, it's hard to count the issues because they were always moving around like you said so it's not a linear arc like what the Nick cartoon is apparently doing in season 5, but I bet it comes out closer to 50 issues than to 25. With everything else that's going on in IDW, even with Universe pulling its weight, 25 issues just seems to little to do a world tour arc any justice. At least that's how I feel. On a related note, what countries would you guys like to see the Turtles visit if it ever comes to pass?

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-26-2016, 01:53 PM
Archie had a world tour for the purpose of educating children.

Why on earth (pun not intended) would we want the IDW Turtles to go globe-trotting? What could possibly be the point?

I mean, YEAH, send 'em to Japan for 6, 12, or even more issues' worth of story. Plenty of potential.

But what possible reason is there for the TMNT to visit Jerusalem, London, Paris, Moscow, Tibet, or anywhere else?

Technogeek29
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM

Why on earth (pun not intended) would we want the IDW Turtles to go globe-trotting? What could possibly be the point?

I mean, YEAH, send 'em to Japan for 6, 12, or even more issues' worth of story. Plenty of potential.

But what possible reason is there for the TMNT to visit Jerusalem, London, Paris, Moscow, Tibet, or anywhere else?

I could see it having a point if the Pantheon was included. Such as The Lich being a member of the Pantheon somewhere in Europe locked away.

MikeandRaph87
12-26-2016, 03:20 PM
The trip to Japan seems inevitable for an arc. I would also hope to see some other country explored. Not in the same vain as Archie's TMNT Adventures but for story purpose and yes The Pantheon is the perfect reason to bring them to Europe, China, or somewhere else aside from Japan. It would be a nice change of pace like the arc at the Northampton farmhouse was. As long as its not a prolonged period and can fit the story being told I hope it is done.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-26-2016, 03:54 PM
The trip to Japan seems inevitable for an arc. I would also hope to see some other country explored. Not in the same vain as Archie's TMNT Adventures but for story purpose and yes The Pantheon is the perfect reason to bring them to Europe, China, or somewhere else aside from Japan. It would be a nice change of pace like the arc at the Northampton farmhouse was. As long as its not a prolonged period and can fit the story being told I hope it is done.

I could see it having a point if the Pantheon was included. Such as The Lich being a member of the Pantheon somewhere in Europe locked away.

Good point from both of you.

However, thinking on it, I'm still unconvinced. It was April and Casey, not the Turtles, who made the trek out to the California/Nevada desert... somewhere in the Southwestern states.

So I'd guess another "Casey & April" run in TMNT Universe, not a globe-trotting arc.

CyberCubed
12-26-2016, 04:04 PM
I also figure they can do stuff like a Battle Nexus tournament or more Renet time travel stories in Universe where it won't interfere with the ongoing plots of the main series. It would be pretty easy to include side adventures in a second series, which they're already starting to do with the upcoming Mike/Wyrm issue and the Don/Metalhead 2-parter coming up.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-27-2016, 01:33 AM

Because while New York should always be the main setting for tmnt, limiting all stories to new York as a setting all the time would be really boring. Almost every other tmnt incarnation has had them travel to different places around the world, even mirage.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-27-2016, 11:26 AM
Because while New York should always be the main setting for tmnt, limiting all stories to new York as a setting all the time would be really boring. Almost every other tmnt incarnation has had them travel to different places around the world, even mirage.

I don't buy that; except for incarnations that didn't give a flying f for continuity or story (cough Fred Wolf cough) there was always a reason and there really aren't THAT many globetrotting stories. Observe my thoughts and marvel!

Mirage had Donatello go to Venezuela with the Utroms to investigate dinosaur mutants; the Turtles have gone to Japan occasionally; Northampton is often frequented.

4Kids had the Turtles go to Japan.

Nick... Japan, right? Nowhere else? I don't keep up with that show. (Besides space, obviously, we're discussing Earthbound locales.)

Fred Wolf... yeah, this show just did whatever the hell it wanted to do. Turtlemania. :trolleye:

Archie was, again, educational. Not a huge lot of reason for globetrotting beyond that.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 01:01 PM
In Mirage they went to other countries. One of the Tales issues has Raphael follow Shadow to Paris. They've also been to South America and Asia.

In the original cartoon they had a whole European Vacation season for 13 episodes and they've been to Japan.

In 4kids they went to Japan, both back in time and in the Ninja Tribunal arc.

In Nick they've done to Northampton and Season 5 sounds like it might be a globe trotting arc.

Archie of course had the whole world tour arc where they visited many different countries around the world.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-28-2016, 11:35 AM
I don't buy that; except for incarnations that didn't give a flying f for continuity or story (cough Fred Wolf cough) there was always a reason and there really aren't THAT many globetrotting stories. Observe my thoughts and marvel!

Mirage had Donatello go to Venezuela with the Utroms to investigate dinosaur mutants; the Turtles have gone to Japan occasionally; Northampton is often frequented.

4Kids had the Turtles go to Japan.

Nick... Japan, right? Nowhere else? I don't keep up with that show. (Besides space, obviously, we're discussing Earthbound locales.)

Fred Wolf... yeah, this show just did whatever the hell it wanted to do. Turtlemania. :trolleye:

Archie was, again, educational. Not a huge lot of reason for globetrotting beyond that.

And I still say new York only is boring. And you did miss some locations;

2007 film prequel- leo went to iceland, Mongolia, and Pourtugal

4kids; Japan as mentioned, underground city of the Ylanteans, and different locations across the U.S.

mirage; A WHOLE LOT OF PLACES, ACTUALLY. Japan multiple times, mainland Asia multiple times, Africa (the hidden anthro city in Egypt), Arkansas in the image run, and different parts of New York state. And there are quite a few others I'm missing.

And this is all to say nothing of the TMNT visiting other parts of the world in other time periods with Renet in different incarnations, and also visiting other planets and dimensions in other incarnations.

So yeah, I love seeing the turtles visit other locations besides new york, and I wouldn't mind seeing a story line where they have to visit different parts of the world (like a story about fetching pieces of an artifact, or battling the Patheon in different locations across the globe). Meet mutants in other nations (like maybe Katmandu iin east Asia, or Sandstorm or Al Falqua in the middle east)I'd love to see some globetrotting TMNT.

Technogeek29
12-29-2016, 01:14 PM
In Mission gravity the 2k3 Turtles went to China, and accidentally put the city backwards.