PDA

View Full Version : March 2017 Solicitations

AlZarkovski
12-21-2016, 02:05 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #68

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmnt68a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmnt68b.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmnt68c.jpg
Tom Waltz (W), Kevin Eastman (W/VC), Mateus Santolouco (A/C), Jakub Rebelka (VC).

"Desperate Measures" Part 2! The Mutanimals have been defeated and the Turtles are next in line! Which mutant will turn on his friends to survive, and which will risk everything to help another?

32 pages, $3.99.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #8

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmntuniverse8a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmntuniverse8b.jpg
Ryan Ferrier, Brahm Revel (W), Adam Gorham (A/VC), Brahm Revel (A), Freddie Williams (C), Hugo Petrus (VC).

"Metalhead 2.0" Part 2! Donatello realizes that Metalhead is now following a new programing protocol and must make a drastic decision before it's too late! Will the robot end up as an enemy or ally?

32 pages, $4.99.

BATMAN/TMNT Adventures #5 (of 5)

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/batmantmnt5a.jpg
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/batmantmnt5b.jpg
Matthew K. Manning (W), Jon Sommariva (A/C), Gabriel Rodriguez (VC), Jeff Matsuda (VC).

The surprising conclusion to the hit all-ages crossover! Surprising alliances are formed and friendships are tested as the villain behind the cross-dimensional chaos is revealed!

32 pages, $3.99.

TMNT ARTISAN EDITION

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1612/21/tmntartisan.jpg
Kevin Eastman (W/A/C), Peter Laird (W).

This book reproduces all the original art to the first issue of one of the most important comic book phenomenons of the last 35 years --Â The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Scanned directly from the original art, mimicking the experience of the original hand drawn page, and also collecting all the layouts (also hand drawn) by the creators of what has been called this generation's Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. Rounding out the volume is an extensive gallery of other TMNT images, also scanned directly from the original art.

144 pages, $50.

CyberCubed
12-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Good to see Ray Fillet get some spotlight finally. Looks like Bishop captured half the Mutanimals so far. Metalhead 2-parter looks fun, even if its a plotline we've seen many times before in the cartoons of Metalhead going out of control.

Nortock Diab
12-21-2016, 05:43 AM
Do we know the dimensions of the Artisan Edition?

ProphetofGanja
12-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Man, that Freddie Williams cover for TMNTU is awesome. Excellent work, as always.

I like the symbolic representation of Dark Water on the cover of #68 and the slight homage to the famous X-Men Days of Future Past cover. So it appears that Slash is targeted and captured first, then the rest of the Mutanimals, Ray and Pete last, and Hob manages to slink away. That's so Hob.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Ray could conceivably betray the other mutants; he was always sitting and thinking, trying to find the most intelligent (but sometimes least heroic) course of action. Like sitting in a traincar waiting for the "opportune moment."

But if Hob could cut a deal to turn over the Turtles in exchange for his Mutanimals, you know he would.

2K3
12-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Ray could conceivably betray the other mutants; he was always sitting and thinking, trying to find the most intelligent (but sometimes least heroic) course of action. Like sitting in a traincar waiting for the "opportune moment."

But if Hob could cut a deal to turn over the Turtles in exchange for his Mutanimals, you know he would.

Wouldn't be surprised; Ray is Hob's new lieutenant, now Slash left. Plus, he and Herman kept the others in the dark about Hob's... other projects.

Plus, wouldn't be the first time Hob sold out the turtles (First to Stockman, then to Shredder)...

ProphetofGanja
12-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Some added points from the variant cover solicitations:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #68
"Desperate Measures" Part 2! The Mutanimals have been defeated and the Turtles are next in line! Which mutant will turn on his friends to survive, and which will risk everything to help another?

Bishop’s gambit kicks into high gear!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe #8

"Metalhead 2.0" Part 2! Donatello realizes that Metalhead is now following a new programing protocol and must make a drastic decision before it's too late! Will the robot end up as an enemy or ally?

Insight into the past and present of Donatello!

Technogeek29
12-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Whoa full frontal assault on the Mutanimals poor guys. Leatherhead seems to be sitting this one out and Raph may just get lucky and be in Alaska while this is all going down.

CyberCubed
12-21-2016, 11:27 AM

Man Ray was also the unofficial leader of the Mutanimals in the Archie comics, so maybe its part of his plan.

ChosenOne
12-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Hob selling the Turtles out wouldn't be very surprising, so my money's on Ray as well.

Technogeek29
12-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Hob selling the Turtles out wouldn't be very surprising, so my money's on Ray as well.

Making a deal with the devil in that case, Bishop is a "read the fine print" type of guy. There is an alternative and make a deal with the literal devil herself:lol: but that could be worse?

ChosenOne
12-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Making a deal with the devil in that case, Bishop is a "read the fine print" type of guy. There is and alternative and make a deal with the literal devil herself:lol: but that could be worse?

You know, Hob might just find himself backed into a corner to do just that... There's a reason why Null was involved in the first Universe arc, she now has a bone to pick with Bishop as well. And the arc is called Desperate Measures after all.

CyberCubed
12-21-2016, 11:56 AM
Null has actually never appeared in the main ongoing yet, her only appearances are in the mini's. We've actually never seen Tom Waltz write Null himself yet. I wonder if her character will just be Paul Allor's character to write, since he introduced her in the Mutanimals mini and now in Universe issues he wrote.

neatoman
12-21-2016, 01:19 PM
So judging from the cover of 68, I guess most of the mutants have either been captured or killed? Betting more on captured.

ProphetofGanja
12-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Null has actually never appeared in the main ongoing yet, her only appearances are in the mini's. We've actually never seen Tom Waltz write Null himself yet. I wonder if her character will just be Paul Allor's character to write, since he introduced her in the Mutanimals mini and now in Universe issues he wrote.

The main writing team has done story for Alopex, so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to handle Null, Zodi, and whoever else debuted in miniseries. I do love Allor's writing though, hope he gets back to TMNT soon

So judging from the cover of 68, I guess most of the mutants have either been captured or killed? Betting more on captured.

That's what I was thinking, most captured but what if some of them get killed in the crossfire?? Scary

I don't think Ray would sell out the other Mutanimals. What would be the point? Him, Sally, and Seymour had a pretty bad time being held captive by Null, can't see why they would want to trade-in for a new captor, Bishop. Guess we'll see though

Mutant Ninja Anole
12-22-2016, 01:02 PM
Whoops! Sort of sorry I spoiled myself like that.

Can I point out the most substantive thing the government has ever done in this series is now to go out and capture mutants? Old Hob was right.

In retrospect, maybe they should have stuck with Splinter.

Technogeek29
12-23-2016, 01:34 AM
These guys had no problem shooting April, what are they going to do to Lindsay? Pretty sure if the Mutant's/Slash don't make it to ask for help she'll have to be the one.

MikeandRaph87
12-29-2016, 07:55 PM
Could we hypothesis Leatherhead gets into Old Hob's head and he attempts to set up the Mutanimals for his old sake while Ray makes a stand to protect the dimwitted Pidgeon Pete?

Old Hob could always a secret motive of getting his group captured and stopping Agent Bishop's operation from the inside.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2016, 08:41 PM
Could we hypothesis Leatherhead gets into Old Hob's head and he attempts to set up the Mutanimals for his old sake while Ray makes a stand to protect the dimwitted Pidgeon Pete?

Old Hob could always a secret motive of getting his group captured and stopping Agent Bishop's operation from the inside.

Hob never betrays his own. If he does, it's only temporarily to get inside.

MikeandRaph87
12-29-2016, 09:40 PM
Hob never betrays his own. If he does, it's only temporarily to get inside.

So you agree its Hob and its to get on the inside and stop the operation that way? It seems like the most logical approach. I don't know why Ray would unless there is something in his backstory we don't know yet.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 09:42 PM
I don't know why Ray would unless there is something in his backstory we don't know yet.

Ray's probably just the only one not captured yet.

MikeandRaph87
12-29-2016, 09:48 PM
Going by the cover Slash,Sally Pride, Herman, and Mutagen Man are all captured with the TMNT, Hob, Ray, and Pete are left. Pete never got the ooze like Slash so he isn't bright enough to intentionally get other captured.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-29-2016, 10:31 PM
So you agree its Hob and its to get on the inside and stop the operation that way? It seems like the most logical approach. I don't know why Ray would unless there is something in his backstory we don't know yet.

I'd love to see it be Ray, just because Ray hasn't done jack yet. It'd be something new. Also, I never cared about Ray. :twink:

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Ray and Sally were the two newest Mutanimals and the least developed and focused on, so it was obviously at least one of them, in this case Ray, was going to get some spotlight. I doubt there's any deeper meaning than that.