PDA

View Full Version : Optibotimus Reviews: Factory Entertainment TMNT RAPHAEL SAI SET

Optibotimus
12-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Enjoy guys! Also, be sure to help spread this video around. When it hits 50k views, i'll be giving away the set of Sai's that i reviewed in this actual video! Also, if you don't wanna wait for that chance and wanna own a set yourself, Factory Ent is having a half off sale right now that's just during the holidays. The regular set, normally $300 is $150 right now. The exclusive SDCC with the Kevin Eastman autograph, normally $350 is just $175

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqHcxoX71Pc
nqHcxoX71Pc

Powder
12-21-2016, 10:08 PM
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38117&page=9

Candy Kappa
12-22-2016, 04:48 AM
I would not recommend "fighting" watermelons with replica weapons, especially extremely pricey ones. Cause you will ruin it, that chrome will flake right off, the tsukagashira isn't even a part of the sai, just held by magnets. Which makes sense as a "wallhanger" display toy, but using it on fruit, no way.

And sai are not meant to be sharp or pointy... it's a truncheon weapon not a dagger.

After seeing the video I do see where the insane price comes from with the big base and materials made to use it, but damn it's expensive. Just the though of the potential price of a Leo or Don set if that ever happened. :lol:

Optibotimus
12-22-2016, 12:32 PM
I would not recommend "fighting" watermelons with replica weapons, especially extremely pricey ones. Cause you will ruin it, that chrome will flake right off, the tsukagashira isn't even a part of the sai, just held by magnets. Which makes sense as a "wallhanger" display toy, but using it on fruit, no way.

And sai are not meant to be sharp or pointy... it's a truncheon weapon not a dagger.

After seeing the video I do see where the insane price comes from with the big base and materials made to use it, but damn it's expensive. Just the though of the potential price of a Leo or Don set if that ever happened. :lol:

The chrome could definitely be damaged but i do really feel you could still use these as actual weapons. As i said, they are made out of solid metal with the exception of the pommel. I have seen some sai that had points and not be dull. I guess it just depends? But someone did explain to me more detail on it as more of a defensive weapon. So it makes more sense to be dulled down.

As for the price, i do think it's 100% worth it. This thing is extremely heavy and well made. I will say that in talking to the Factory Ent people recently, they have them up on sale for the holidays and the price is half off....which i think is an absolute steal