PDA

View Full Version : Favourite season of the original cartoon?

FredWolfLeonardo
12-21-2016, 10:14 PM
Which one is your favourite? In this case, European vacation counts as season 4 and not season 7.

MrPliggins
12-21-2016, 11:17 PM
Season 1, 2, 3, in that order. I really didn't care for the show as much after it went from weekday syndication to CBS Saturdays. Season 7 did improve considerably. Red sky seasons, while an interesting change, weren't really my cup of tea either.

CyberCubed
12-22-2016, 12:23 AM
Seasons 1, 3, and 7 were basically the show in its prime.

Seasons 2 and 6 were fun.

Season 8 was well done for only 8 episodes.

Seasons 4 and 5 were a bit of a mixed bag, there are a lot of great episodes these seasons but also some crap.

Season 10 was a nice final season, and 9 depends on your view of Dregg/Carter/Mutations.

European Vacation was the worst of course.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-22-2016, 03:09 AM
My personal favourite season was season 3 because:

1. It was the longest season, giving us many episodes to focus on each character
2. It introduced the most new characters (Leatherhead, Rat King, Casey Jones)
3. It fully settled the OT characters personalities and dynamics that would become iconic (e.g. Comedic shredder and B&R becoming Shredders henchmen for good)
4. Most memorable and funniest episodes (IMO)

In all honesty, I love all the seasons very much, so choosing a favourite came down to the very nitpicky details.

Candy Kappa
12-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Season 1 is the superior season in my opinion.

ToTheNines
12-22-2016, 05:02 AM
Season 3 is the gold standard. Despite its handful of clunkers.

Icebot
12-22-2016, 06:47 AM
Pretty hard to choose to be honest. All the seasons were awesome in their own way in my opinion.

pferreira
12-22-2016, 11:17 AM
Season 1 and 2 was great.

3, 4, 5, 6 had it's fair share of great episodes and clunkers.

7 while I'm less familiar is also terrific.

8, 9 and 10 is difficult to watch and doesn't feel like the show.

Wesley
12-23-2016, 08:05 AM
Seasons one, two, three, seven, eight and ten.

I haven't watched most of the series in years, but I found that some of the best episodes were in the shorter seasons.

MikeandRaph87
12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Season 7 followed by season 8. I like the fun yet serious tone and nearly all of the returning and new characters. Its the approach I wanted to see for the whole series and others afterwards.

Prowler
12-23-2016, 04:26 PM
Seasons 1 and I guess 3(despite some bad episodes, but hey it's a huge season...) and 7. Season 8 is fine as well, although it's kinda unfair to compare Red Sky seasons with the first 7 seasons. They're almost entirely different shows. Not to mention each Red Sky season has only 8 episodes.

Seasons 4 and 5 were not bad, but it was by then that the show was getting a bit stale and taking itself even less seriously than it already did. Season 4 was as big as season 3, with both seasons accounting for roughly about 45-50% of the Fred Wolf series episodes. Season 4 had lots of episodes without Shredder and Krang, which I guess was a good idea for a bit of a change of pace, but it was mostly episodes involving mad scientists and such. I mean, the Turtles getting owned by a toymaker is pathetic. Same for Donatello to get his van stolen by rednecks(maybe that was season 5 or 6? an't recall. Help me, CyberCubed!).

And also, let's not forget that the Europe vacation episodes are also part of season 4, but for some reason aired and are listed as taking part between seasons 6 and 7.

ssjup81
12-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Season 7 hands down along with seasons 1 and 2.

cammy85
12-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Same for Donatello to get his van stolen by rednecks(maybe that was season 5 or 6? an't recall. Help me, CyberCubed!).

And also, let's not forget that the Europe vacation episodes are also part of season 4, but for some reason aired and are listed as taking part between seasons 6 and 7.

Donatello's Badd Time wad Season 5.

The European ones aired at the same time as Season 7. Once Plan Six finally aired, they realized that couldn't leave that hanging so those episodes were created. Consodered among thre worst, especially since we know Shredder and Krang won't free the Technodrome because it was already in the ocean. The snobby aliens were an homage to Ninja Sword of Nowhere and still bad/ The Sherlock Holmes teamup made up for everything.

2K3
12-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Seasons 1, 3, 7 and 8 are the best in my opinion

Prowler
12-25-2016, 05:22 AM
Season 7 hands down along with seasons 1 and 2.

I used to love season 2 when I was a kid but it doesn't seem to have aged very well.

cammy85
12-26-2016, 11:10 AM
I used to love season 2 when I was a kid but it doesn't seem to have aged very well.

I used to think that too, especially after acquiring the van set.

In Season 2, Shredder's goal was to get access to his army again. 12 episodes of whinig, one success.

Season 3, the mission was to repower the Technodrome and return to the surface, in 41 episodes, two success. (not counting thr four where they didn't appear).

Season 9's formula for exposing Dregg was very tiring and Season 10 improved on it.

blindturtle02
12-27-2016, 07:39 AM
Hmm, I might have to say season 10. I liked seeing Shredder and Krang one last time, and the series finale was pretty sweet. That's a tough decision though. I've got quite a few favorite episodes scattered throughout the series, but I think I'll go with 10. Season 5 would come in second because of all the mutagen high jinks.

Prowler
12-27-2016, 12:48 PM
Hmm, I might have to say season 10. I liked seeing Shredder and Krang one last time, and the series finale was pretty sweet. That's a tough decision though. I've got quite a few favorite episodes scattered throughout the series, but I think I'll go with 10. Season 5 would come in second because of all the mutagen high jinks.
Dregg became a pretty good character in season 10 when he was going absolutely mad. Not even Shredder's obsession with the Turtles has gotten to Dregg's point. When a warlord like Krang calls you "mad" you know you are one :lol:

snake
12-27-2016, 12:56 PM
The first four seasons are pretty great for what they are. It slowly degrades before turning into a complete sh*tshow by season 9.

Prowler
12-27-2016, 01:07 PM
The first four seasons are pretty great for what they are. It slowly degrades before turning into a complete sh*tshow by season 9.
You didn't like season 10?

ranger_scout
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
It's very hard for me to choose one. I think out of all of the seasons I've probably re-watched episodes from 4, 5, 6 the most. A lot of the episodes from the first two seasons I mentioned were available on home video and I would rent them at Blockbuster as a kid very often. Season 3 had Cowabunga Shredhead and wore that VHS out after numerous viewings.

LuckyLadybug
12-27-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm glad to see season 3 is getting more love than I thought it might. I usually hear it considered lame, but maybe that's by those who aren't fans of the series.

Seasons 2 and 3 are my favorites. 1 is good too, for introductions. And I liked 4 before it veered off into so many Shredder-less episodes. I like episodes from all seasons (well, from seasons 1-7; I haven't re-watched Red Sky episodes since I saw them in first-run and I just don't remember them well), but I definitely think the first seasons had the highest concentration of good and fun episodes. I think I would actually like at least some Red Sky episodes, but I can't see myself considering them as part of the same show as 1-7.

snake
12-27-2016, 10:32 PM
You didn't like season 10?

Not at all. Poor send off to the show. I don't like Red Sky in general.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-28-2016, 12:30 AM
I think I would actually like at least some Red Sky episodes, but I can't see myself considering them as part of the same show as 1-7.

I imagine that the 80s universe was affected by some dimension distorter maybe set up by Krang which corrupted their world, making It covered in red sky and altering some of the characters personalities.

I think that would be a great plot point to use in the upcoming 80s crossover in season 5 of the Nick show.

Prowler
12-28-2016, 05:55 AM
Not at all. Poor send off to the show. I don't like Red Sky in general.
Well, as a kid, I was sad that Shredder and Krang weren't the last villains that the Turtles battled, and that they were defeated in a different manner than I had expected.

I like Red Sky but mostly season 8. Not so big on season 9 as a whole.

pferreira
12-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Donatello's Badd Time wad Season 5.I actually liked that episode. I guess it was because the Turtles had their souped up van turned against them.

Not at all. Poor send off to the show. I don't like Red Sky in general.I have to agree. :)

I imagine that the 80s universe was affected by some dimension distorter maybe set up by Krang which corrupted their world, making It covered in red sky and altering some of the characters personalities.

I think that would be a great plot point to use in the upcoming 80s crossover in season 5 of the Nick show.I am surprised it was never explained by David Wise in the episodes.

Speaking of David Wise I was on there today and Townsend Coleman posted a script page from the very first episode, the bit where they meet April for the first time and the dialogue is exactly as it's on screen Amazing stuff! :)