PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Mirage Sales

RaphaelsIsolation
12-22-2016, 06:56 PM
I can see the image sales on that comic sales site but that only goes back to like 1996 and I can't find anything else.

Is their a place that has all the mirage issues and the sales #'s?

That would be nice for me to look at.

DestronMirage22
12-22-2016, 07:40 PM
I think this thread is a better alternative for you than going and creating a new thread for a new set of questions: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=20844
Saves 'ya some hassle. ;)

RaphaelsIsolation
12-23-2016, 07:30 AM
Nah, you surely can't be one of those purist of the forums right?

Who cares about making a new thread. I searched this entire forum for results on my question and nothing I found made any sense...

so yeah I made a new thread. Who cares?

DestronMirage22
12-23-2016, 08:02 AM
I personally don't mind if someone makes new threads, I just thought using that one thread might help you out; save you some time. :)

Back to the topic, after searching around I couldn't find anything. Considering some of these issues came out in the mid-eighties, there probably isn't much info on sales and such, with how much harder it would've been back then to calculate sales.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :ohwell:

kaptainmyke
12-23-2016, 10:05 AM
There isn't a definitive print run or dedicated website that lists orders for diamond catalog ordering of sales. There is definitely not one for Mirage.

DK2
01-08-2017, 05:17 PM
The only sources would be at least on the early issues from any past interviews from Eastman and Laird themselves. The multiple prints of #1 they've always said the amounts and I think issues #2 and #3 #4 the numbers started slowly going up. They knew what they were printing at the time. I'd imagine sometime into the late teens and 20's/30's issues the numbers went up or were more steady when some of the Turtle mania made comic stores order a consistent amount. But then that left a sour taste to some readers and then the numbers probably dropped. The "guest era" creators were all over the Mirage series at this time and I think left any potential new Turtles readers turned off I'd imagine. Then the comic stores dropped their orders. But in one interview Eastman said their best selling/ordered issue was TMNT #8 with Cerebus. He said 135,000. If that was the best selling I wonder where the other Mirage issues ended up during Turtle mania?

myconius
01-09-2017, 08:08 PM
But in one interview Eastman said their best selling/ordered issue was TMNT #8 with Cerebus. He said 135,000.

i'm really happy that issue was a great seller! it's such a significant issue and didn't see much re-printing aside from just a handful of collected edition books.
i was pretty bummed when the IDW color classics skipped #8.

CyberCubed
01-09-2017, 08:55 PM
i'm really happy that issue was a great seller! it's such a significant issue and didn't see much re-printing aside from just a handful of collected edition books.
i was pretty bummed when the IDW color classics skipped #8.

It's still in IDW's Ultimate Collections.