PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher suffered a massive heart attack

TigerClaw
12-23-2016, 02:58 PM
Carrie Fisher has suffered a major heart attack while on a plane, Let's all pray that she is doing ok.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-plane/

NinjaPug
12-23-2016, 03:02 PM
F*ck. Please be ok.

GetToTheChoppa
12-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Wow Jesus! I'll be praying for her! :cry:

TurtleTitan97
12-23-2016, 03:28 PM
I hope she'll be okay.

CyberCubed
12-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Man, that's horrible. Unfortunate timing too.

snake
12-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Sucks that her former lifestyle is catching up to her.

Pull through, Carrie.

TigerClaw
12-23-2016, 05:04 PM
Looks like she's in stable condition, which is good news.

TurtleTitan97
12-23-2016, 05:07 PM
Thank the Maker! :D

NinjaPug
12-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Positive update. Hope she keeps improving.

sdp
12-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Unfortunate timing too.

why would that be?

ranger_scout
12-23-2016, 07:01 PM
Here's an exclusive update from her brother.

Carrie Fisher is currently in the Intensive Care Unit of a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a heart attack aboard an airplane on Friday, her brother, Todd Fisher, tells ET exclusively.

"She is in the intensive care unit, she is being well looked after," Todd says. "If everyone could just pray for her that would be good. The doctors are doing their thing and we don't want to bug them. We are waiting by patiently."

Todd says Fisher's condition is still unknown.

"We don't know. We hope for the best," Todd says. "We certainly do not know her condition, that's why she is in ICU. I'm sure everyone wants to speculate, but now is not the time for that."

http://www.etonline.com/news/205791_carrie_fisher_intensive_care_unit_after_hea rt_attack_brother_says/

Cure
12-23-2016, 07:30 PM

Any time is unfortunate timing. Jesus Christ.

MikeandRaph87
12-23-2016, 07:33 PM
why would that be?

I assume he is referring to the speculation that her character Princess Leia is speculated to have an increased role in Episode 9 which has not yet filmed. More importantly, its the fact it happened on December 23rd, immediately ahead of the Holidays.

It sounds optimistic. Her dad lived to 82 and her mom is still healthy at 84 so there is that to look to.

NinjaPug
12-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Here's an exclusive update from her brother.

http://www.etonline.com/news/205791_carrie_fisher_intensive_care_unit_after_hea rt_attack_brother_says/

Well sh*t. Guess those reports about her being in stable condition jumped the gun.

DestronMirage22
12-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Oh man, I hope she gets better. :(

Utrommaniac
12-23-2016, 10:49 PM
With any luck, she won't be the last person 2016 takes from us.

Powder
12-24-2016, 06:00 AM
why would that be?

Any time is unfortunate timing. Jesus Christ.

She was on a plane, guys. Not exactly a hop & a skip away from the hospital.

THGhost
12-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Please don't take Princess Leia away from us too, 2016. :cry:

why would that be?

Christmas, perhaps?

sdp
12-24-2016, 11:16 AM
What is in most people's mind and don't want to admit is that they expect her in Episode VIII and if she dies it'll affect the story. I know it's not the most sensitive thing to comment on but it's in a lot of people's mind and they're afraid to say it and the ones who do get reprisals but it's only humans. "What will happen to Ep.8?" Might not be the most tactful thing to ask as it's happening but it's a valid question, when exactly is the right time to ask? It's only logical and human that people are curious. That's the controversial question but it should be allowed to ask.

I also find the whole "stop 2016" thing stupid, yeah a lot of bad things happened this year but for example celebrity deaths are only going to become more and more common as all the superstars created by TV and modern cinema are growing older which wasn't the case before and probably won't be the case as much in the future as there aren't as many "superstars" like there were in the past.

Sorry about the rant but I got annoyed at twitter at people "honoring" Carrie Fisher with Star Wars quotes or "may the force be with her" but people asking what would happen with the new movie got flamed.

plastroncafe
12-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Especially as it's the holiday/rich foods aplenty season, here's some info regarding women and heart disease.

More than one in three female adults has some form of cardiovascular disease. An overall increase in heart attacks among women is seen about 10 years after menopause. Heart disease is the leading killer of women.

Menopause and Heart Disease - American Heart Association (http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/MyHeartandStrokeNews/Menopause-and-Heart-Disease_UCM_448432_Article.jsp#.WF665vkrLcs)

Heart Attack Signs in Women

- Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.

- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.

- Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.

- As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.

If you have any of these signs, call 9-1-1 and get to a hospital right away.
Heart Attack Symptoms in Women (http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/WarningSignsofaHeartAttack/Heart-Attack-Symptoms-in-Women_UCM_436448_Article.jsp#.WF67LfkrLct)

And yeah, it's kind of tacky af to be worried about a fictional story when someone's life is literally on the line.
Cope as you need to, but...cripes, consider your words.

CyberCubed
12-24-2016, 11:19 AM
Its a shame she did so much drugs when she was younger. She's only 60 years old which is still relatively young, and this really proves what drugs can do to you.

If she survives she may still suffer damage so we don't know if she'll make a full recovery.

THGhost
12-24-2016, 11:37 AM
I'm certainly not afraid to ask how this will affect Episode VIII. I've already come to the obvious conclusion that the story will have to be re-written if she dies. And like Cubed said, we don't know if she'll make a full recovery. So the story may get re-written regardless.

The writers are no doubt frantically putting something together right now in case the worst happens, if they haven't done so already.

Cure
12-24-2016, 11:55 AM
She was on a plane, guys. Not exactly a hop & a skip away from the hospital.

Yeah, I feel you, but you know that's not what CyberCubed meant.

Powder
12-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I feel you, but you know that's not what CyberCubed meant.

I'm tryna give the benefit of the doubt. :ohwell:

turtle1237
12-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Big fan, that slave outfit in rotj is legend. Along with her hair buns lol.

I really hope she pulls though.

AT-Man
12-24-2016, 07:22 PM
My best wishes for Carrie. I love her in The 'Burbs.

ZariusTwo
12-24-2016, 11:50 PM
I'm certainly not afraid to ask how this will affect Episode VIII. I've already come to the obvious conclusion that the story will have to be re-written if she dies. And like Cubed said, we don't know if she'll make a full recovery. So the story may get re-written regardless.

The writers are no doubt frantically putting something together right now in case the worst happens, if they haven't done so already.

A woman's life hangs in the balance, there's more at stake here than the rewrites of a movie that'll likely be just as s*it as The Force Awakens

Cure
12-25-2016, 12:32 AM
A woman's life hangs in the balance, there's more at stake here than the rewrites of a movie that'll likely be just as s*it as The Force Awakens

"A woman's life hangs in the balance", but you know, still gotta make sure you throw in your super edgy opinion on a movie in the same sentence.

sdp
12-25-2016, 12:33 PM
The only reason so many people care about this woman's health is because of her role in these movies however. Thousands of people's lives hang on the balance after heart attacks every day.

THGhost
12-25-2016, 02:31 PM
A woman's life hangs in the balances

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :P

Carrie's mum says she's in a stable condition again: https://twitter.com/DebbieReynolds1/status/813112672002723841

ZariusTwo
12-25-2016, 02:41 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. :P

No, the obvious thing was "Force Awakens is s*it":P

Good for Carrie. Christmas miracle.

THGhost
12-25-2016, 02:45 PM
No, the obvious thing was "Force Awakens is s*it":P

Good for Carrie. Christmas miracle.

I was expecting a rude, Christmas booze-fuelled comeback. Instead you make me :lol:.

snake
12-25-2016, 04:36 PM
Atleast she's "stable" now. Losing Kenny Baker was bad enough. Thankfully, the force seems to be with her. :)

Roseangelo
12-26-2016, 12:38 AM
Atleast she's "stable" now. Losing Kenny Baker was bad enough. Thankfully, the force seems to be with her. :)

"Stable" just means that she's not actively dying. The fact that no one has stated anything more specific is not a good sign. I remain quite worried about the outcome of this. :tcry:

Prowler
12-26-2016, 05:03 AM
The only reason so many people care about this woman's health is because of her role in these movies however. Thousands of people's lives hang on the balance after heart attacks every day.
Don't be that guy, man. When someone is on a movie screen for years people will get used to them and feel a bit bothered when they see them suffering like this. Or you're telling me that a complete stranger getting cancer affects you harder than someone you see on v everyday and whose work you grew up admiring.

And for the record, I have never seen a movie with this woman nor had I any idea who she was before this thread was made.

THGhost
12-26-2016, 09:00 AM
And for the record, I have never seen a movie with this woman nor had I any idea who she was before this thread was made.

What are you? :P

Don't answer that. :lol:

plastroncafe
12-26-2016, 09:48 AM

Chances are good you have seen a movie that she's worked on however. Fisher is a pretty famous script doctor.

Shark_Blade
12-26-2016, 10:04 AM
And for the record, I have never seen a movie with this woman nor had I any idea who she was before this thread was made.Not knowing who Carrie Fisher is? What even...

http://i.imgur.com/jeDcjKz.gif

Prowler
12-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Oh so she's the one who played Princess Leila in the original Star Wars movies. I honestly had never bothered to check the name of the actress who played her.

Guess she's one of those cases of someone famous whose face I knew but not her actual name. That tends to happen to me more often when it comes to musicians, however. I get a lot of those "oh so he's the one who sings this song!" moments.

Vicky82
12-27-2016, 11:03 AM
Carrie Fisher has passed away. :cry:

R.I.P Carrie

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/

Autbot_Benz
12-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Besides Leia I will remember her as the Ex girlfriend of Jake Blues trying to kill him in Blues Brothers and the Nun in Jay and Silent bob strike back

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Carrie Fisher has passed away. :cry:

R.I.P Carrie

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/
Damn! Just when we thought we had hope.

GoldMutant
12-27-2016, 11:10 AM
I have to agree with snake and Powder that 2016 shouldn't be a punchline at this point. It's been the ugliest year for myself, but in general it's been a cesspool overall. Best for us to move past it come Sunday hopefully.

As for Carrie, damn. Just damn, I'm speechless. :( She was a good actress and brought a lot of memories. I hope she rests easy after what happened a few days ago; best regards to her family and those who knew her well.

Damn! Just when we thought we had hope.
I hope to God that wasn't intentional for using the word "hope".

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 11:14 AM
I have to agree with snake and Powder that 2016 shouldn't be a punchline at this point. It's been the ugliest year for myself, but in general it's been a cesspool overall. Best for us to move past it come Sunday hopefully.

As for Carrie, damn. Just damn, I'm speechless. :( She was a good actress and brought a lot of memories. I hope she rests easy after what happened a few days ago; best regards to her family and those who knew her well.

I hope to God that wasn't intentional for using the word "hope".
Nope, We were hoping she would survive after hearing she was in stable condition.

Candy Kappa
12-27-2016, 11:15 AM
When it was said that she was recovering I though everything would be fine, but sadly not.

I barely know Fisher beyond SW, but with the little time period I've followed her on social media she've left an impression.

Rest In Peace.

TurtleTitan97
12-27-2016, 11:16 AM
This is the worse bit of news to wake up to. :(

plastroncafe
12-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Godspeed, Ms Fisher.

snake
12-27-2016, 11:20 AM
F*ck.

Just f*ck.

It doesn't even feel real.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 11:22 AM
I wasn't hopeful that she'd make it. Very sad news indeed. :(

People like to cope with **** like this by making jokes. They don't mean to offend. And if they do, screw them.

sdp
12-27-2016, 11:28 AM
She was always outspoken and while I disagreed with her complains I respected her for it. She didn't maintain the best shape but as she said, that's who she wanted to be so I think she's happier to have gone out living her life as she wanted rather than how people wanted her to. If it hadn't been for the Sequel Trilogy we might've lost her before since she had to lose weight for that. Hammil also improved a lot. I'm sure most people aren't thinking about it but her dog is really going to miss her,s he loved and brought him everywhere. Edit: man, I guess she thought about it ahead of time since her dog made it to her obituary (https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/iconic-star-wars-actress-carrie-174459671.html),s he's awesome I would do the same.

ZariusTwo
12-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Rogue One's gonna have some week just for that ending alone.

But in all seriousness...RIP. A woman who struggled a lot, but turned that into success via her sharp wit and knack for writing. Both a cautionary tale about fame and a success story when it comes to overcoming the Hollywood snare.

"Hope"

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Very sad. I feared the worst when we didn't hear updates but this is not something I expected to wake up to.

Prowler
12-27-2016, 11:53 AM
Not surprised she couldn't make it.

Only seen her in SW back in the late 90s when I was kid, but it seems she was a cinema legend, so RIP.

MikeandRaph87
12-27-2016, 11:55 AM
The princess has passed on. :(

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 11:56 AM
With Episode 8 already in the can, They are gonna have to do some rewrites for Episode 9.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 11:58 AM
With Episode 8 already in the can, They are gonna have to do some rewrites for Episode 9.

Because a movie that doesn't come out till 2019 really matters now, right? :ohwell:

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 12:05 PM

They will. I really wonder how they're going to handle it. They're going to have to include her in some manner.

kaptainmyke
12-27-2016, 12:28 PM
Aw man this is sad

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 12:29 PM
They will. I really wonder how they're going to handle it. They're going to have to include her in some manner.
If Princess Leia survives in Episode 8, They are gonna have to do some rewrites for Episode 9 on why she's not in it, One way would be for Leia having an off screen death, The other way would be that she's still alive, but only referenced in the movie.

Either way, the new films are going to have to acknowledge her passing at some point, So far Kylo Ren is the only connective tissue for Leia and Han Solo.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Episode 8 is done already? They sure work fast. Re-writes for 9 then I guess.

Could they have filmed some stuff with Leia for Episode 8? She is credited for it, I wonder how much we'll get to see of her.

Aw man this is sad

Very sad. :(

CG force ghost?

So far Kylo Ren is the only connective tissue for Leia and Han Solo.

It's so sad knowing that neither Han nor Leia will see their son redeem himself.

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 12:36 PM
It's so sad knowing that neither Han nor Leia will see their son redeem himself.
Yeah, it's unfortunate, The only relative he has left would be his uncle Luke Skywalker.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it's unfortunate, The only relative he has left would be his uncle Luke Skywalker.

I just rewatched Leia's scenes in the Force Awakens and started thinking. We're probably gonna be seeing a lot more of Luke in Episode 8 onwards, what with both Han and Leia passing on. Hopefully he'll get to see Chewie again.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Episode 8 is done already? They sure work fast.

It had nearly a 7 month shoot that wrapped in July... that's hardly fast.

Could they have filmed some stuff with Leia for Episode 8? She is credited for it, I wonder how much we'll get to see of her.

We know that there is more of Leia in 8 than there was in 7.

CG force ghost?

Leia never learned that trick. Or any tricks, apparently.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 12:44 PM
It had nearly a 7 month shoot that wrapped in July... that's hardly fast.

You know what I meant. :P

We know that there is more of Leia in 8 than there was in 7.

Good. :thumbsup:

Leia never learned that trick. Or any tricks, apparently.

She was force sensitive though, so it could happen. Probably won't though.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 12:45 PM
She was force sensitive though, so it could happen. Probably won't though.

By the rules of Episode 3, it can't. Qui-Gon learned it, taught it to Yoda. Yoda taught it to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan never taught it to Luke, but definitely nobody ever taught it to Leia.

NinjaPug
12-27-2016, 12:46 PM
"To me she will always be royalty". Sigh. Carrie was the best.

The guy over at EW that is a mouthpiece for Lucasfilm said she is wrapped for VIII. I'm sure they will move on from there in a respectful manner.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 12:47 PM
By the rules of Episode 3, it can't. Qui-Gon learned it, taught it to Yoda. Yoda taught it to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan never taught it to Luke, but definitely nobody ever taught it to Leia.

Pity. :ohwell: It would be nice if it could still happen though, just a brief little scene/moment. Nothing flashy.

NinjaPug
12-27-2016, 12:47 PM

Nobody taught Anakin.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 12:48 PM
The guy over at EW that is a mouthpiece for Lucasfilm said she is wrapped for VIII.

Which should be news to no one. News about VIII wrapping back in July was all over the place.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Which should be news to no one. News about VIII wrapping back in July was all over the place.

I was in my Summer home that week. AKA a rock. :lol:

Don't let us down, Disney. Don't cut Leia's Episode 9 scenes. :P

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 12:50 PM
Nobody taught Anakin.

True... though that seemed more like Obi-Wan and Yoda propping up Anakin than Anakin conjuring himself up. And he wasn't actually talking.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 01:34 PM
It's going to feel really weird now seeing Episode 8 a year from now and seeing new Carrie Fisher scenes an exact year from her death. It'll be surreal.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 01:40 PM
Just seen this on Facebook:

"As she would have wanted, I would like to report that Carrie Fisher died bathed in moonlight, strangled by her own bra."

In reference to this from Carrie:

"Now, George came to my show when it was in Berkeley. He came backstage and explained why you can't wear your brassiere in other galaxies, and I have a sense you will be going to outer space very soon, so here's why you cannot wear your brassier, per George. So, what happened is you go to space and you become weightless. So far so good, right? But then your body expands? But your bra doesn't, so you get strangled by your own bra. I think that this would make for a fantastic obit, so I tell my younger friends that no matter how I go, I wanted it reported that I drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra."

Krutch
12-27-2016, 01:45 PM
Man... I don't know if its just because I'm so sleep deprived this whole week or what, but Carrie's passing is hitting me in a way celebrity deaths never have before.

This ones different. This one hurts.

I remember going to the Toronto Fan Expo a few years ago and was bored out of my mind. I was going through something at the time and I couldn't seem to let go and just enjoy myself. I wandered into one of her Q&A panels she had going on and within seconds I was cracking up at her wit.

"Doesn't it bother you that Star Wars has basically no girl characters?"
"Honey, I was the only girl in a fantasy made for boys. How bad could it have been?"

I just instantly felt better for the rest of the day. I remember silently thanking her in my head as I left the room and just feeling re-energized.

Sad day. We lost a Princess.

plastroncafe
12-27-2016, 01:55 PM
For those with access to HBOToGo, her one-woman show, "Wishful Drinking" is streaming.

I know what I'll be watching tonight.
(and kicking myself for not having seen when she brought it to Boston)

THGhost
12-27-2016, 02:18 PM
Statements from Debbie Reynolds, George Lucas and Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams and Mark Hamill:

"Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter," Fisher's mother, actress Debbie Reynolds, wrote on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thedebbiereynolds/posts/811585312313920). "I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop."

"Carrie and I have been friends most of our adult lives," Star Wars creator George Lucas said in a statement. "She was extremely smart; a talented actress, writer and comedienne with a very colorful personality that everyone loved. In Star Wars, she was our great and powerful princess — feisty, wise and full of hope in a role that was more difficult than most people might think. My heart and prayers are with Billie, Debbie and all Carrie’s family, friends and fans. She will be missed by all."

"Carrie was one-of-a-kind, brilliant, original," Harrison Ford, who played Han Solo alongside Fisher, added in a statement. "Funny and emotionally fearless. She lived her life, bravely. My thoughts are with her daughter Billie, her mother Debbie, her brother Todd and her many friends. We will all miss her."

"I'm deeply saddened at the news of Carrie's passing," Fisher's Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi co-star Billy Dee Williams wrote on Twitter. "She was a dear friend, whom I greatly respected and admired. The force is dark today!"

A brief put poignant tweet from Mark Hamill. (https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/813816434073579521)

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/carrie-fisher-princess-leia-in-star-wars-dead-at-60-w457713

Xav
12-27-2016, 02:51 PM
If Princess Leia survives in Episode 8, They are gonna have to do some rewrites for Episode 9 on why she's not in it, One way would be for Leia having an off screen death, The other way would be that she's still alive, but only referenced in the movie.If Rogue One taught us anything dead actors can always come back.

Shark_Blade
12-27-2016, 03:15 PM
All of Carrie Fisher's scenes have already been filmed for 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'

http://www.businessinsider.com/carrie-fisher-in-star-wars-episode-8-2016-12

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 03:19 PM
Episode 8 better have "In Memory of Carrie Fisher" at the beginning before the title.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Right, about that...

All of Carrie Fisher's scenes have already been filmed for 'Star Wars: Episode VIII'

http://www.businessinsider.com/carrie-fisher-in-star-wars-episode-8-2016-12

Prowler
12-27-2016, 03:20 PM
Episode 8 better have "In Memory of Carrie Fisher" at the beginning before the title.
I think that's a given.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 03:22 PM
I think that's a given.

I don't know if it is. I mean, Rogue One didn't have a Kenny Baker "In memory of" or anything.

Prowler
12-27-2016, 03:24 PM
I don't know if it is. I mean, Rogue One didn't have a Kenny Baker "In memory of" or anything.
I wouldn't know since I haven't seen that movie. But that's a bummer that it did not.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 03:26 PM
What is Carrie Fisher's expanded role in Episode 8 supposed to be? I haven't taken a look at any rumors or spoilers. It doesn't seem like she ever became a Jedi in this universe based on Episode 7.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 04:06 PM
If Rogue One taught us anything dead actors can always come back.

Probably not for an entire movie though. :P

It'll be at the end, not the start. I've only ever seen things like that at the end of stuff.

Maybe because (spoiler tag for Prowler) R2D2 was only 1 very short scene?

Prowler
12-27-2016, 04:19 PM
No need for a spoiler tag just for me. I have no intentions in watching the movie.

THGhost
12-27-2016, 04:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0tNJQNVIAYOLcw.jpg (https://twitter.com/DepressedDarth/status/813828984882556931)

TheCanadiandrome
12-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Rest in Peace Carrie Fisher

DestronMirage22
12-27-2016, 04:52 PM
RIP princess. May the Force be with you. Always.

Shark_Blade
12-27-2016, 05:17 PM
I want to watch Rogue One again (it'll be my third time), just to see Leia on the big screen again. I'm sure many other people would do the same like me.

It's Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson all over again, watching their movie post-death. But with Leia we have Ep. 8 to look forward too, so that's nice.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0tNJQNVIAYOLcw.jpg (https://twitter.com/DepressedDarth/status/813828984882556931)

Ugh get that stupid modern Anakin away. Wtf would he looked young even... so out of place. And his mischievous smirk makes me want to spit on his face.

Please Disney release the original cut on blu ray.

Andrew NDB
12-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Please Disney release the original cut on blu ray.

Please don't, it sucks. In fact, go ahead and make more alterations like giving all the Ewoks the blinking eyes, fix that lightsaber training sequence in IV once and for all, make the Obi-Wan vs. Darth fight in IV way better than it is, etc..

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 05:43 PM
The scene in Episode 7 where Leia clutches her heart in anguish when she senses Han Solo's death now feels all too real. How poignant.

Shark_Blade
12-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Please don't, it sucks. In fact, go ahead and make more alterations like giving all the Ewoks the blinking eyes, fix that lightsaber training sequence in IV once and for all, make the Obi-Wan vs. Darth fight in IV way better than it is, etc..We can thank George Lucas for that mess. Time for the original one.

The scene in Episode 7 where Leia clutches her heart in anguish when she senses Han Solo's death now feels all too real. How poignant.

That's a normal reaction tbh, nothing poignant at all. What else would she do, clutch someone by the balls?

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 06:18 PM
Man, 2016 just can't get any worse.

Now I'm worried what next year will bring. I'm sure we're all deeply concerned about William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, Adam West, Stan Lee, and Harrison Ford especially. Knowing we could lose any one of these legendary men in the next few years is heartbreaking.

lonewarrior20
12-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Man, 2016 just can't get any worse.

don't say that man, we still have 4 days left.

ranger_scout
12-27-2016, 06:48 PM
This has just been a really rough year. :cry: She had a wicked sense of humor and was considered a treasure to numerous Star Wars fans. R.I.P.

plastroncafe
12-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Please don't, it sucks. In fact, go ahead and make more alterations like giving all the Ewoks the blinking eyes, fix that lightsaber training sequence in IV once and for all, make the Obi-Wan vs. Darth fight in IV way better than it is, etc..

This might be the most wrong you've ever been.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-27-2016, 07:57 PM
Maybe because (spoiler tag for Prowler) R2D2 was only 1 very short scene?

So? R2 is one of the most recognizable characters of the entire franchise, regardless of how present he is between installments.

Call me crazy, but I think that Disney might not have wanted a Kenny Baker credit so that the immortality of the character of R2-D2 could be preserved. They released their first new SW film only last year, and it's supposed to be a resurgence and rebirth for the franchise.
Then Kenny Baker dies, and suddenly R2 becomes a bit less human in the minds of viewers for future films. Does Disney want to remind people of that?

Just a random thought that popped into my head.

MikeandRaph87
12-27-2016, 08:06 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/long-list-famous-people-died-2016-article-1.2923778?client=ms-android-sprint-us

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/25671-2016-worst-year-for-celebrity-deaths?client=ms-android-sprint-us

I just thought I would place these two articles here.

ToTheNines
12-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Sad day.

I watched Episode IV after work today, and between the new context thanks to Rogue One and Ms. Fisher passing on, it made me cry for the first time ever.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 08:59 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/long-list-famous-people-died-2016-article-1.2923778?client=ms-android-sprint-us

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inverse.com/amp/article/25671-2016-worst-year-for-celebrity-deaths?client=ms-android-sprint-us

I just thought I would place these two articles here.

Man, totally forgot Muhammad Ali died this year too. And Anton Yelchin, Chekov from the new Star Trek films.

TigerClaw
12-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Apparently it was Cardiac Arrest that caused her death this morning.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/27/carrie-fisher-heart-attack-cardiac-arrest-death/

snake
12-27-2016, 10:38 PM
When all of the trio is gone, I honestly don't think I can stomach rewatching the OT anymore.

I already get sad watching them, knowing that time can not be escaped. There's a melancholy that comes from viewing them that I can't explain.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 10:41 PM
Harrison Ford is 74. Hopefully he still has another decade at least in him.

snake
12-27-2016, 10:52 PM
Can you imagine 20 years from now? No one will be left. I'll be f*cking 35.

Why does it have to be this way? I feel like Cybercubed.

sdp
12-27-2016, 10:59 PM
When I first watched Star Wars as a kid I thought it was a super old movie and figured most people who made it were dead so I was shocked when we started getting a bunch of SW stuff in the mid 90s. To me anything from the 80s was old and if it was before the 80s it was ancient times and couldn't even imagine people living in those eras.

CyberCubed
12-27-2016, 11:39 PM
The thing is all the big name movie stars, actors and singers from the 80's, 90's and prior were already in their late 20's or 30's during that time. So naturally we're 20 years later...so they aged 20 years.

The difference for us is we were all kids at the time, so we aged into adults. But they were already adults back then...so they aged into middle age and became elderly. This is why people keep saying, "Why are so many dying in 2016?" when in reality its because many of these people have in fact aged alongside us.

Its a real shame to see people dying at only 50-60 years old, that really should not happen nowadays.

Shark_Blade
12-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Young or old will die regardless. Heath Ledger died young while Betty White still lives. It's pointless to worry that the old people might die anytime soon when in reality the young could die anytime too.

That's God's power if one would ponder and think.

Raph
12-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Rest in peace Carrie!

She is one with the Force now.
I'm devastated by this news, and wonder if 2016 will take more heroes from us!

I'll gladly watch 2016 die on December 31, 11:59:59 pm

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 01:03 AM
I'll gladly watch 2016 die on December 31, 11:59:59 pm

Not to be grim, but people will die in 2017 too. And every year after that.

I see this posted everywhere on the internet, but people aren't going to magically stop dying once 2016 ends. I fear we're in for another round of celebrity deaths next year.

FredWolfLeonardo
12-28-2016, 04:24 AM
That's God's power if one would ponder and think.

careful with the G word, Im all cool with it but alot of dromers aren't.

AT-Man
12-28-2016, 04:44 AM
careful with the G word, Im all cool with it but alot of dromers aren't.

If someone actually cares, it's their own goddamn fault.

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
12-28-2016, 05:04 AM
When I first watched Star Wars as a kid I thought it was a super old movie and figured most people who made it were dead so I was shocked when we started getting a bunch of SW stuff in the mid 90s. To me anything from the 80s was old and if it was before the 80s it was ancient times and couldn't even imagine people living in those eras.

I'm getting more and more problems with imagining myself before getting broadband and when having a mobile telephone just for calling and maybe taking photographs.

Prowler
12-28-2016, 06:04 AM
Harrison Ford is 74. Hopefully he still has another decade at least in him.
In the next years it's likely that guys like Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery, etc. might get very ill and eventually die. Clint Eastwood I believe is already 85-86 years old. he ha already surpassed Japan's male life expectancy(83 years old) which is the highest in the world.

Why does it have to be this way? I feel like Cybercubed.
I'm sure Christian Bale will be here. And Hugh Jackman. They're not exactly geezers.

35? Pfft big deal. I'll be 46.

Not to be grim, but people will die in 2017 too. And every year after that.

I see this posted everywhere on the internet, but people aren't going to magically stop dying once 2016 ends. I fear we're in for another round of celebrity deaths next year.
Yep. Honestly this whole "2016 worst year ever" seems to be a gross exaggeration by the internet. Short memory span too. Every year you have celebrities dying.

THGhost
12-28-2016, 08:01 AM
Honestly this whole "2016 worst year ever" seems to be a gross exaggeration by the internet. Short memory span too. Every year you have celebrities dying.

You can see where they're coming from though, there's been a lot of celebrity deaths this year.

Ugh get that stupid modern Anakin away. Wtf would he looked young even... so out of place. And his mischievous smirk makes me want to spit on his face.

I know, right?

This better?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q86/s480x480/15781603_10154662749676352_1552973566444996204_n.j pg?oh=15f6244fd5d0a061b02e9dff5c4c38bf&oe=58E577CA

Yeah, Disney might use incorporate that moment into the reason for her character's passing.

I'll be pushing 45. Yikes.

Shark_Blade
12-28-2016, 08:43 AM
I know, right?

This better?

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/q86/s480x480/15781603_10154662749676352_1552973566444996204_n.j pg?oh=15f6244fd5d0a061b02e9dff5c4c38bf&oe=58E577CA

Yes, nice. :tgrin:

How I wish my RotJ has that original scene with proper Anakin. :tcry:

TigerClaw
12-28-2016, 09:39 AM
This better?

This one is even better.

http://i.imgur.com/9E6dQIZ.gif

Luke795
12-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Someone should change the title of the thread to RIP Carrie Fisher.

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 12:04 PM
So I've been going through youtube watching old Carrie Fisher interviews from the mid-80's and early 90's from talk shows, and man, is it just me or did Carrie age rather quickly? One interview was from 1987, only 4 years after Return of the Jedi came out, and she looked nearly double her age. Was that the effect of drug use when she was younger?

I notice a lot of people were shocked Carrie was only 60 when she passed away because a lot of people wrongly assumed she was nearly 70.

plastroncafe
12-28-2016, 12:51 PM
Dude, really?

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 01:45 PM
Its just something I've noticed watching old Carrie Fisher interviews from the 80's and 90's. I've never really watched much of her outside of Star Wars, but now I think I'm going to check out some of the other movie roles she's been in.

Andrew NDB
12-28-2016, 01:51 PM
I dunno, here's 1994, 11 years after Jedi.

SBvppBVAf9k

Looks about the same to me.

TheSkeletonMan939
12-28-2016, 03:33 PM
And now Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds, has been rushed to the hospital... allegedly due to a stroke, probably on account of the stress of the past week. :(

TigerClaw
12-28-2016, 03:33 PM
Oh Geez! Her Mom Debbie Reynolds was rushed to a hospital after having a stroke.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-hospitalized-stroke/

THGhost
12-28-2016, 03:41 PM
Came here when I heard about Debbie Reynolds. Things just keep getting worse and worse.

This one is even better.

http://i.imgur.com/9E6dQIZ.gif

Perfect!

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 03:59 PM
I feared something like this would happen. Losing your daughter would definitely take a toll on someone, not to mention an 84 year old woman.

MikeandRaph87
12-28-2016, 04:06 PM
I dropped in here once I overheard the news about Debbie. The stress of losing her child no less. Carrie expressed worry over her mother's health back in the Spring after they completed a project together.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/heart-health/broken-hearts-strokes-heart-attacks-more-likely-after-loss-n37641

I do like the force ghost picture. Its better than the one that features Hayden Christensen.

snake
12-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Damn. No family should have to suffer like this.

THGhost
12-28-2016, 04:39 PM
Damn. No family should have to suffer like this.

None. I was feeling so sorry for Debbie and Billie Lourd. Now I'm feeling REALLY sorry for Billie Lourd. The idea of possibly losing 2 family members so close together after Christmas is devastating. I lost my father 10 years ago and my mother lost both her parents on different days that were extremely close to each other.

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 05:10 PM
Is Billie Carrie's only child? Or does she have more children?

Andrew NDB
12-28-2016, 05:20 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/28/steve-martin-deletes-twitter-tribute-to-carrie-fisher-after-backlash.html

Steve Martin deleted his tweet of condolence about Carrie because people were calling it sexist.

What say you?

MikeandRaph87
12-28-2016, 05:32 PM
Is Billie Carrie's only child? Or does she have more children?

Yes. She was married once and briefly to the much older Paul Simon of Simon and Garfunkel. She had a child with her ex-fiancee,daughter Billie from their three year relationship. No other children from marriage or relationships. She also had a brief serious relationship with Dan Akroyd.

snake
12-28-2016, 05:46 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/12/28/steve-martin-deletes-twitter-tribute-to-carrie-fisher-after-backlash.html

Steve Martin deleted his tweet of condolence about Carrie because people were calling it sexist.

What say you?

Carrie would have appreciated it too. She never gave a f*ck.

Autbot_Benz
12-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Carrie's mom just passed away Debbie Reynolds

The Associated Press ‏@AP 7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: Actress Debbie, star of the 1952 classic 'Singin' in the Rain' and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says.

THGhost
12-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Just heard. Man this sucks. :(

MikeandRaph87
12-28-2016, 07:05 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/12/28/reports-debbie-reynolds-rushed-hospital/95929610/

It seems the shock of Carrie's death took her mother as well.

snake
12-28-2016, 07:08 PM
This is too sad.

oldmanwinters
12-28-2016, 07:27 PM

What say you?

Princess Leia has been many a boy's early crushes. I don't get the PC/feminist rage, but I guess it's to be expected.

TurtleTitan97
12-28-2016, 07:33 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/12/28/reports-debbie-reynolds-rushed-hospital/95929610/

It seems the shock of Carrie's death took her mother as well.

Good grief. :(

ranger_scout
12-28-2016, 08:19 PM
The news of Debbie Reynolds passing hurts my heart just as much as yesterday's news. She was a delightful woman and I loved so many of her performances. I'll never forget her roles in Singing in the Rain and the Halloween Town films. However, her voice acting performance in Charlotte's Web has meant the most to me. I first saw the film when I was a pre-schooler and was completely enchanted by her. This was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news. R.I.P. :cry:

qCzGlIFpVVY

triplexxx
12-28-2016, 08:23 PM
Carrie & Debbie go out & take their last bow together, like mother like daughter, may they cherish each other in heaven.

DestronMirage22
12-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Oh no, I can't even try to imagine what their family must be going through right now. They have my condolences. :(

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 09:27 PM
She died of a broken heart. :cry:

TheCanadiandrome
12-28-2016, 09:30 PM
Jesus this poor family

MikeandRaph87
12-28-2016, 09:44 PM
'I want to be with Carrie', she said. An hour later the emotional turmoil caused a stroke. Is it an answered prayer or the biggest hit a parent gets causing a health crisis? This narrative is gut wretching any way its looked at. Todd Fisher and Billie Lourd could have stilled needed her.

turtle1237
12-28-2016, 10:44 PM

What say you?

Well, ROTJ in that slave outfit, she did become a sex icon like Monroe in the dress of the 7 year inch or "like a virgin" in the 1980's. She was highly beautiful, perhaps its in poor taste on Martin's end because she just died, but you also cant rewrite history either and forget what a icon she was in the 1980's.

CyberCubed
12-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Its so surreal this happened. Just a few days ago Carrie Fisher was fine. Then she gets a heart attack and then her mother dies of grief. If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.

Here today, gone tomorrow. Its very sad and will probably go down in history as one of Hollywood's most tragic historical deaths.

snake
12-28-2016, 11:56 PM
Its so surreal this happened. Just a few days ago Carrie Fisher was fine. Then she gets a heart attack and then her mother dies of grief. If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.

Here today, gone tomorrow. Its very sad and will probably go down in history as one of Hollywood's most tragic historical deaths.

She had a heart attack. She didn't "lose her will to live" you f*cking mongoloid. I wish she was back solely to smack the sh*t out of you.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 12:23 AM
She had a heart attack. She didn't "lose her will to live" you f*cking mongoloid. I wish she was back solely to smack the sh*t out of you.

Her mother literally died because of Carrie's death, its what influenced it. Had Carrie never died, her mother likely would not have.

turtle1237
12-29-2016, 01:03 AM
I dealt with loss, it does take a toll on your body. I was depress, cant think what it would do to a 84 year old.

I didn't eat for 2 days, I just felt numb all over.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 01:08 AM
Debbie's last words apparently only 10 minutes before she got the stroke was, "I want to be with Carrie."

Its posted on all the various news sites:

http://people.com/movies/debbie-reynolds-last-words-were-carrie-fisher/

Very sad.

THGhost
12-29-2016, 07:44 AM
The news of Debbie Reynolds passing hurts my heart just as much as yesterday's news. She was a delightful woman and I loved so many of her performances. I'll never forget her roles in Singing in the Rain and the Halloween Town films. However, her voice acting performance in Charlotte's Web has meant the most to me. I first saw the film when I was a pre-schooler and was completely enchanted by her. This was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news. R.I.P. :cry:

qCzGlIFpVVY

That was her? Oh God, I loved that film as a kid. :(

If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.

He was talking about Debbie.

Prowler
12-29-2016, 08:02 AM
Pretty sad, but not that surprising, I'm afraid. I've met people who've lost their children and they were never the same since then. And of course, if you're pretty old and lose your son/daughter at age of 40 or so to a heart attack or cancer, the heartbreak of such heavy loss will possibly speed up the deterioration of your health.

Spike Spiegel
12-29-2016, 09:10 AM
Found a nice anecdote on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/5kkznl/carrie_fisher_dies_at_60/#bottom-comments) from a fan who met Fisher.

She was the most funny person. A few years ago I met her at the Star Wars Celebration. It was the last day, on the last hour of the event and I was the last one in a queue to get her autograph. As I was about to greet her, someone tapped on my shoulder, it was Femi Tayler, the dancing Twi'lek, asking me if she could get before me and hug Carrie. They were so happy to see each other it was a real pleasure to witness that.

A few minutes later, still very happy, Carrie Fisher greeted me with a huge grin and, pushing a box of cookies, told me to take one. As I politely declined, she waved her hand like a Jedi and told me "You want to take a cookie".

All my friends over there were jealous beyond measure and I still cherish the memory.

PApagreg
12-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Yes because as we all know there is no relation to emotional trauma and heart attacks

snake
12-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes because as we all know there is no relation to emotional trauma and heart attacks

I didn't realize he was talking about Debbie. I have bad reading comprehension :lol:

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 11:43 AM
I figured that, snake, too, which is why I worded my post carefully. It was 3:30am EST at that time anyway, I think we all needed some sleep. :lol:

THGhost
12-29-2016, 03:37 PM
I understood it just fine, Cubed. So the wording was sound, just you and snake's sleepy eyes. :P

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 05:26 PM
I decided to watch "Singing in the Rain" as a tribute to Debbie Reynolds. Here's one of her best performances, "Good Morning."

Its only a 4 minute clip, but it really shows you had talented she was when she was younger. Its hard to believe this is from 1952:

GB2yiIoEtXw

Man, back then to be an actor/singer in a movie you needed real talent, unlike the trash they put out today. What happened to the talent from classic movies?

Debbie Reynolds was one of a kind.

snake
12-29-2016, 05:49 PM
I'd argue it was easier to get a job acting back then than it is now.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 06:46 PM
It was the 50's, there were very few TV shows and movies made back then. There was only like 5 channels on the entire television, a lot of it was still even in black and white. If you didn't live in Hollywood at the time it was hard to get in.

Most households didn't even have TV's back then. TV only became mainstream in the 50's to begin, prior to that in the 40's you had to go to the cinema.

snake
12-29-2016, 06:58 PM
You're very wrong. Movies were culturally bigger in the 50s than they are now. And the niche buisness part made it easier to get into the industry.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 07:04 PM
Far less movies and shows made though, equals much fewer actors working in the industry.

Also live-theater was still very popular back then, so many still did broadway shows or musicals in front of a live audience rather than film.

PApagreg
12-29-2016, 08:13 PM
You're very wrong. Movies were culturally bigger in the 50s than they are now. And the niche buisness part made it easier to get into the industry.

If they were a niche business then how were they culturally bigger.

THGhost
12-29-2016, 08:13 PM
You're both right... and wrong. :P

Oh hey, PApagreg. We posted at the exact same time. :trazz:

snake
12-29-2016, 08:41 PM
If they were a niche business then how were they culturally bigger.

They had a bigger impact. More people went to the movies in the 50s/60s, but I'm not sure they would be interested in acting as a profession.

CyberCubed
12-29-2016, 09:37 PM
The problem is nowadays there's too many movies, shows, etc. coming out at the same time. Both on TV and in theaters, and online. All these new streaming shows on netflix and other online companies, plus youtube, and all this other stuff like indie movies.

Nowadays there's just too much. It's kind of why all the biggest franchises are ones that have already been established for decades like Star Wars, DC/Marvel superheroes, etc....because new franchises have trouble breaking through. Probably the only exception is Disney movies but that's because of brand power.

THGhost
12-30-2016, 07:55 AM
The problem is nowadays there's too many movies, shows, etc. coming out at the same time. Both on TV and in theaters, and online. All these new streaming shows on netflix and other online companies, plus youtube, and all this other stuff like indie movies.

Nowadays there's just too much. It's kind of why all the biggest franchises are ones that have already been established for decades like Star Wars, DC/Marvel superheroes, etc....because new franchises have trouble breaking through. Probably the only exception is Disney movies but that's because of brand power.

Which is why "nothing is original anymore".

plastroncafe
12-30-2016, 10:54 AM
Got a chance to watch "Wishful Drinking" last night on HBO.
Good show. Ms Fisher was one hell of a funny lady, who lead one f*ck of an interesting life.

blindturtle02
12-30-2016, 10:55 AM
I decided to watch "Singing in the Rain" as a tribute to Debbie Reynolds. Here's one of her best performances, "Good Morning."

Its only a 4 minute clip, but it really shows you had talented she was when she was younger. Its hard to believe this is from 1952:

GB2yiIoEtXw

Man, back then to be an actor/singer in a movie you needed real talent, unlike the trash they put out today. What happened to the talent from classic movies?

Debbie Reynolds was one of a kind.

I still haven't sat down and watched this musical. I think I'll do that this weekend. Still trying to wrap my head around both of these amazing actresses being taken from us so suddenly. I'm a pretty big SW fan, so this week has sucked.

Andrew NDB
12-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Got a chance to watch "Wishful Drinking" last night on HBO.
Good show. Ms Fisher was one hell of a funny lady, who lead one f*ck of an interesting life.

Agreed. And truth be told, she probably did a lot more living in her 60 years than most people who are like 95.

CyberCubed
12-30-2016, 12:07 PM
It's a real shame people don't watch Carrie Fisher's other roles outside of Star Wars much. I mean everyone watches all of Harrison Ford's other movies, he's been in dozens, but with Carrie people just know her for Princess Leia and that's it.

Even Mark Hammil gets so much recognition for playing The Joker in B:TAS and other movies for over 20 years. He's still voicing him today in the new Justice League Action cartoon airing on Cartoon Network.

MikeandRaph87
12-30-2016, 01:53 PM
She has around 80 some credits to her name. A lot of it is one off guest TV appearances or voice acting roles. If I am not mistaken part of it was Carrie's own doing opposed to type casting. She found work writing and editing scripts and wrote books as well. The Princess Diarist was her 8th book.

The Bluess Brothers film is my favortie comedy film of all-time. Carrie is a part of what makes it such in her small role. Here is one of her few scenes. Its a Youtube clip within the article where Dan salutes his ex.
http://kingstonherald.com/entertainment/dan-aykroyd-carrie-fisher-2010317705

CyberCubed
12-31-2016, 12:02 AM
Its been reported they're going to be buried next to each other, which was kind of expected.

THGhost
01-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Its been reported they're going to be buried next to each other, which was kind of expected.

Joint funeral too. It's what they would have wanted.

Prowler
01-02-2017, 11:04 AM
Movies were definitely huge in the 50s already. Remember that, for decades, before everyone had a TV at home, people would go to the cinema/theatres not only to watch films but also the news and cartoon shorts of Bugs Bunny, Betty Booper, Mickey Mouse, etc.

And there being way less actors and movies made it easier for everyone to know the names of the top stars. My grandmother knew pretty much all of the golden age cinema actors by name, but she probably had no idea who, let's say, Vin Diesel was.

MikeandRaph87
01-03-2017, 08:18 AM
Something like this was to be expected and seems to already to begin to surface.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/disney-could-receive-50-million-194536195.html

Klunk1234
01-09-2017, 08:28 AM
Carrie Fisher and her mom, Debbie Reynolds were buried next to each other. Rest in peace.

plastroncafe
01-09-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm kind of in love with the fact that her urn was in the shape of a prozac capsule.

MikeandRaph87
01-22-2017, 07:11 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/carrie-fisher-over-women-march-152927509.html

Carrie was prominently featured in the women's march.

Luke795
01-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Someone should change the title of the thread to R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.

TigerClaw
01-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Someone should change the title of the thread to R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.
Only a mod can do that.