PDA

View Full Version : Whats the alternative to Splinter leading the Foot

PApagreg
12-24-2016, 05:43 PM
So during the current IDW run one of conflicts the turtles have(especially Mikey) is that Splinter is not only running the Foot but also making some pragmatic decisions and while they do have a point in that Splinter's descions are a little cruel and mafia like they aren't really making any alternative solutions. So do you guys think there are some alternatives or do you think Splinter is mostly in the right.

2K3
12-24-2016, 09:03 PM
The only other alternate I could think is Karai being in charge... that's kind of already been done in other Turtle-verses (most notably Mirage and 2K3)

neatoman
12-25-2016, 03:51 AM
I'm assuming Splinter won't lead the Foot forever and some other character will take over, most likely Karai or Ch'rell.

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Probably Karai will return and take over, but wither it's after Splinter steps down or is killed remains to be seen. I don't see the foot staying on Yoshi's attempted 'honorable assassin' path for long.

CyberCubed
12-25-2016, 03:27 PM
I don't see the foot staying on Yoshi's attempted 'honorable assassin' path for long.

Yep, something similar happened in the Image run. Raphael took over the Foot Clan as well as the mantle of the Shredder for a while and ran them for a few months, but then the Foot Clan betrayed him and tried to kill him as Lady Shredder took control of the Foot back from him.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Yep, something similar happened in the Image run. Raphael took over the Foot Clan as well as the mantle of the Shredder for a while and ran them for a few months, but then the Foot Clan betrayed him and tried to kill him as Lady Shredder took control of the Foot back from him.

Second favorite TMNT story ever. Only second to City at War.

MikeandRaph87
12-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Honestly, the only alternative is Karai. She would eventually come around as she did in 4Kids and in Mirage,but in IDW? I don't know. It could have been explored and shown differently. There is also the Foot becoming an army for the Pantheon or Kitsune at the very least.

What is your favorite IDW story,CKD? I have yet to see anything surpass Future Shark Trilogy for me so I understand your favorite storyline lying elsewhere.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Honestly, the only alternative is Karai. She would eventually come around as she did in 4Kids and in Mirage,but in IDW? I don't know. It could have been explored and shown differently. There is also the Foot becoming an army for the Pantheon or Kitsune at the very least.

What is your favorite IDW story,CKD? I have yet to see anything surpass Future Shark Trilogy for me so I understand your favorite storyline lying elsewhere.

#37-50 ("New Mutant Order/Attack on Technodrome/Vengeance")

Closely followed by #56-58 ("Leatherhead") and Universe #1-4 ("The War to Come").

As for leading the Foot Clan in IDW, the choices are indeed limited: Splinter, Karai, Kitsune.

I could see Leonardo eventually leading the Clan if anything happened to Splinter... that could be interesting.

Mutant Ninja Anole
12-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Maybe just disband the Foot? Apply for US citizenship?

*reads solicitations*

Maybe not...

Coola Yagami
12-27-2016, 12:25 AM
Exactly, the only real answer is to flat out disband the Foot. There's no need for a ninja clan in modern day anyway. But of course they're not gonna do that, karai would never stand for it, and the crime lords will have a field day without them to compete with.

PApagreg
12-27-2016, 12:52 AM
Exactly, the only real answer is to flat out disband the Foot. There's no need for a ninja clan in modern day anyway.

I don't know ninjas trade in espionage, sabotage, infiltration, assassination and guerrilla warfare, a lot of people would pay good money for those skills. Hell maybe they can sell their teaching I heard a highschool in California would love to have Ninja arts as their curriculum

Panda_Kahn_fan
12-27-2016, 01:27 AM
#37-50 ("New Mutant Order/Attack on Technodrome/Vengeance")

Closely followed by #56-58 ("Leatherhead") and Universe #1-4 ("The War to Come").

As for leading the Foot Clan in IDW, the choices are indeed limited: Splinter, Karai, Kitsune.

I could see Leonardo eventually leading the Clan if anything happened to Splinter... that could be interesting.

I think Karai or kitsune could be interesting, but I don't see any of the Tmnt ever wanting anything to do with the foot again after what just happened, not even if splinter asked Leo to lead.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
12-27-2016, 11:18 AM
I think Karai or kitsune could be interesting, but I don't see any of the Tmnt ever wanting anything to do with the foot again after what just happened, not even if splinter asked Leo to lead.

Welcome back!

If Splinter were to die and Leo felt compelled to keep the Foot from reverting to Karai's control... that'd be believable.

Panda_Kahn_fan
01-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Welcome back!

If Splinter were to die and Leo felt compelled to keep the Foot from reverting to Karai's control... that'd be believable.

We'll just agree to disagree on that one.

Personally, I really think Karai will return and take charge, after her soul searching is complete.

myconius
01-03-2017, 08:11 AM
We'll just agree to disagree on that one.

Personally, I really think Karai will return and take charge, after her soul searching is complete.

yeah, i was under the impression that Splinter was only taking charge of the Foot temporarily while Karai was away in Japan.

she's bound to come back and relieve Splinter eventually.

now if Kitsune (or one of her relatives) gets to Karai first and messes with her mind remains to be seen.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2017, 09:22 AM
yeah, i was under the impression that Splinter was only taking charge of the Foot temporarily while Karai was away in Japan.

she's bound to come back and relieve Splinter eventually.

now if Kitsune (or one of her relatives) gets to Karai first and messes with her mind remains to be seen.

No, she ceded control to Splinter permanently, per her intent. That's how I read it.

CyberCubed
01-03-2017, 12:43 PM
What I'm curious about is doesn't the Japanese branch of the Foot still exist? That's where Karai when and in her micro I think it showed her visiting an old mentor there as far as I remember.

So are the Japanese Foot content with Splinter running the New York branch? Sounds just like the old Mirage/Image storylines where the Japanese Foot in City at War didn't like what the NY Branch of the Foot were doing.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
01-03-2017, 12:53 PM
What I'm curious about is doesn't the Japanese branch of the Foot still exist? That's where Karai when and in her micro I think it showed her visiting an old mentor there as far as I remember.

So are the Japanese Foot content with Splinter running the New York branch? Sounds just like the old Mirage/Image storylines where the Japanese Foot in City at War didn't like what the NY Branch of the Foot were doing.

It didn't explicitly state that Karai's mentor was in Japan; remember, there was only ever one Foot in Japan. Karai's father (I believe) transferred much of the business dealings to NY.

So while there may be a subservient branch in Japan, it was still taking orders from NY and Saki.

myconius
01-09-2017, 09:21 PM
No, she ceded control to Splinter permanently, per her intent. That's how I read it.

i just re-read that last part of issue #50.

yeah, it really does sound like Karai passed off full leadership of The Foot to Splinter.

that's actually pretty shocking!

Technogeek29
01-10-2017, 08:16 AM
It didn't explicitly state that Karai's mentor was in Japan; remember, there was only ever one Foot in Japan. Karai's father (I believe) transferred much of the business dealings to NY.

So while there may be a subservient branch in Japan, it was still taking orders from NY and Saki.

I was under the impression Karai was still in the US when she visited her mentor? Specifically when *spoilers* arrives and confronts her. Perhaps Karai might actually have a family again? Hasn't has one since Mirage.