PDA

View Full Version : Cake Wars January 2 on Food Network

Wildcat
12-26-2016, 09:46 PM
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/cake-wars/400-series/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles.html

I don't know if anyone else watches the show. I love it. Seems a little scripted at times but I still like seeing the different cakes. Some are awesome.

Powder
12-26-2016, 10:16 PM
That's a repeat right? Or did they do one a year or two ago with KMR?

Wildcat
12-26-2016, 10:33 PM
No that was Cupcake Wars.

I don't really like that version. Not much decorating you can do with cupcakes.

Powder
12-26-2016, 11:41 PM
Ah, okay. Hard to keep track. :tlol:

Autbot_Benz
01-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Greg Cipes (Mikey) and Mae Whitman (April) are gonna be on the cake wars episode judging cakes

ToTheNines
01-02-2017, 07:36 PM
We're watching right now and it's pretty bad. Cipes and Whitman just sit there and smile. I would like to kill the host.

Powder
01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
That's about what I expected. :tlol:

Wildcat
01-02-2017, 09:56 PM
Well the celebrity judges are mostly just for fun. They hardly if ever give actual criticism.

The host is ok. He's not trying to be legitimately funny. He's just playing around.

The right cake won though. It looked great. The one with the zip line.

oldmanwinters
01-02-2017, 10:29 PM
So, were any of the cakes TMNT themed?

Jephael
01-03-2017, 05:32 AM
I remember on that episode of Cupcake Wars there was actually this cool clip of Rob Paulsen talking to the winners and none of the editors bothered to put up a caption explaining who he is or why he's such a major part of the franchise. I was really disappointed by that. I mean I know the main focus is supposed to be on the contestants, but if you're going to put a legendary voice actor on screen like that, atleast let the audience know who he is.

ToTheNines
01-03-2017, 06:15 AM
So, were any of the cakes TMNT themed?

They all were, and they were pretty cool.

I was just watching in hopes of seeing Cipes and Whitman be funny, but there wasn't much of that. Oh well.

oldmanwinters
01-03-2017, 06:31 PM
They all were, and they were pretty cool.

I was just watching in hopes of seeing Cipes and Whitman be funny, but there wasn't much of that. Oh well.

Oh, yeah, this one does look pretty cool!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/turtle-cake.html

Were they all Nick-era themed?

Unworthy tinker
01-06-2017, 08:26 PM
A little late, but dang. Wish I knew about this on Monday, since this aired on my little sister's birthday, and she's the only person a I know (IRL, anyways) that may love TMNT more than me. Still, that's pretty cool.

ToTheNines
01-06-2017, 08:46 PM
Oh, yeah, this one does look pretty cool!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/turtle-cake.html

Were they all Nick-era themed?

There was one that was a generic Donatello, Greg Cipes actually commented and said it reminded him of early Eastman and Laird. The rest was unmistakably Nick.

Also, Ciro had a one second cameo towards the end. He liked the cake lol.