PDA

View Full Version : Are the IDW TPBs for Tales of TMNT and the Archie series done?

Princess Anri
12-30-2016, 10:40 PM
Please...tell me they are going to continue these lines.

They were so close to finishing the Archie series...

Andrew NDB
12-30-2016, 10:48 PM
They were so close to finishing the Archie series...

If they don't, it would kind of go hand-in-hand with the Archie TMNT curse, wouldn't it? :)

I hope they do. If only so that that might position them to approach Murphy to officially do Forever War. It doesn't really make sense for them to do so until all of the Archies are accessible via TPB.

CyberCubed
12-30-2016, 10:53 PM
The Tales of the TMNT trades are up to TPB #9:

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/dp/1631406892/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483159980&sr=1-1&keywords=tales+of+the+tmnt+9

Which collects issues 26-30 of Tales V. 2. Considering that series had 70 issues....they still have 50 issues to go.

Princess Anri
12-30-2016, 10:54 PM
Yeah, that would make it even better.

I've seen that Amazon has pre-orders up for the next volume of each but they're pretty far away.

I hope they're actually going to get to them. I wonder what the reason for the year-long hiatus was.

Princess Anri
12-30-2016, 10:55 PM
The Tales of the TMNT trades are up to TPB #9:

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles/dp/1631406892/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483159980&sr=1-1&keywords=tales+of+the+tmnt+9

Which collects issues 26-30 of Tales V. 2. Considering that series had 70 issues....they still have 50 issues to go.
Yeah I have the first 8. But they haven't released one in so long.

And I never had the highest of hopes for them finishing that series. It'd be absolutely incredible if they do though. I have all the singles but I much prefer color.

Adventures, on the other hand, I started to believe might actually get completed once they got into the 50s.

CyberCubed
12-30-2016, 10:58 PM
I can't believe they delayed the next Tales trade to July. First it was supposed to come out this September, then it got delayed to January, now all the way till July? What the hell? And its still the same 4 issue trades.

I don't know why it keeps getting delayed.

Princess Anri
12-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Yeah it sucks but I'll just be happy that it comes out at all...if it does.

It'll be a real shame if they don't finish these.

neatoman
12-31-2016, 04:04 AM
If they don't, it would kind of go hand-in-hand with the Archie TMNT curse, wouldn't it? :)

I hope they do. If only so that that might position them to approach Murphy to officially do Forever War. It doesn't really make sense for them to do so until all of the Archies are accessible via TPB.

What about the "controversial" issues IDW intentionally neglected? Without those, there won't be a complete trade collection. Anyway, I don't personally care if IDW ever finishes the Archie trades or if Forever War ever gets made, I read through all the trades they've put out so far and I find the series to be well intentioned but really underwhelming at best. Don't really see much reason to bother with a continuation.

I was a little worried about the Tales trades but then we got the Amazon link, kinda sucks they're waiting so long between trades though, I hope that doesn't become the new standard. There's also a bunch of other stuff I'm wondering if they're going to release, stuff like Blind Sight for example?

I can't believe they delayed the next Tales trade to July. First it was supposed to come out this September, then it got delayed to January, now all the way till July? What the hell? And its still the same 4 issue trades.

I don't know why it keeps getting delayed.

I've heard IDW tends to have shipping problems, not so sure that's the reason for this though.